'Arry' (AKA Rosie47)

Jamdub

Football manager Harry Redknapp told detectives investigating him for alleged tax evasion that he would "rather give you 100 grand than nick a few quid off you".

Redknapp and his co-accused, former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric, listened intently from the dock as transcripts were read to the jury at Southwark Crown Court.

The 64-year-old

Tottenham Hotspur boss was interviewed under caution by City of London detectives in June 2009.

He told police: "To try and nick a few quid off the income tax... Why? I am not into that.

I would rather give you 100 grand (?100,000) than nick a few quid off you."

Redknapp revealed to the officers that he was earning between ?35-40,000 per week at the time and added "as if I'm going to put myself in trouble".

15546573.jpgBungs from Mandaric were allegedly paid to Redknapp at Portsmouth

He continued: "We are givers, not takers."

Redknapp is alleged to have set up a

HSBC offshore bank account in Monaco, named after his bulldog Rosie, and received bungs of ?189,000.

Redknapp told police his home was at risk after he lost millions of pounds in disastrous investments, the court heard.

Redknapp revealed to the officers that he was earning between ?35-40,000 per week at the time and added "as if I'm going to put myself in trouble".

Redknapp told police his home was at risk after he lost millions of pounds in disastrous investments, the court heard.

That's what I call reliable testimony.

Lionel_Hutz_by_Kaaziel.jpg

Archived