I owe Frail an apology

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

Still not sure he's what we need as manager and I've wrote it on here way to many times. Today he had "HIS" players up for it and deserves the credit. Well done SF.

Everybody loves Baz

Thank you

Heart Of Midlothian

for sticking it right up them peg sellin road tar mackin G Y P S O barstewrads

night night:dribble:

I think Frail is genuine enough but no way is he ready for the Hearts job.His tactics are appalling,attacking and defending.We played far too deep today and invited a very poor hibs team forward.When we attack the player with the ball has to wait until someone gets in the box!!!Even at corners 11 men in the box defending or if we have a corner 2 men in the box surrounded by hibbys.

Michael Stewart was out the game from early,being sick and holding his guts..still he had to play on as Frail would'nt take him off.

Sorry Shaggy...Not good enough.

Bungalow Bill

I think Frail got lucky yesterday,I mean we defended a 1-0 lead for an hour when we should have been pushing for a second. The hibs central defence were awful yesterday and we should have got another forward on IMO.

I think Frail got lucky yesterday,I mean we defended a 1-0 lead for an hour when we should have been pushing for a second. The hibs central defence were awful yesterday and we should have got another forward on IMO.

With respect that is complete bollox. In no way did we get lucky yesterday. Hibs were pish and there is nothing lucky about that. Banks had nothing to do and there was nothing lucky about that either.

Chad Sexington

He's not the man for the managers job- we need someone with real tactical nous and experience- but fair play to him for ramming it up the vermin.

I sincerely hope there is a place for him in the coaching staff when the new guy comes in.

With respect that is complete bollox. In no way did we get lucky yesterday. Hibs were pish and there is nothing lucky about that. Banks had nothing to do and there was nothing lucky about that either.

Exactly. Hibs had quite a few set pieces and that was their lot.

In the last 10 mins we created more chances that they had all 45.

In the first 20 mins with a bit of luck, we could have been 2 or 3 up.

boabyarsebiscuit

Agree with meadows and to some extent jambomal.

The deep defending was reminiscent of the Rix days with the opposition being invited to attack. This is a tactic I don't like and really only ever works if you can break at pace into the gaps left by the opposition being sucked in to your half. Even if Cesnauskis and Mikoliunas, or Driver, were able to make those breaks our striker(s) are not built to take advantage (no disrespect to Velicka who knows the way to goal).

I thought the replacement of Stewart, who was unwell, took too long - although I thought it was smart putting Wallce on in midfield. And while welcoming the Nade move, he would hopefully at least hold the ball up in forward areas giving us some breathing space in defence, taking off Ruben Palazuelos surprised me.

Stevie Frail is a great guy, and I would love to see him working with Hearts for some time to come. But he is not experienced enough to be manager - with a good manager we can do things, we need to make the right move with this managerial appointment.

By the way, Hibs are very poor. Some decent players, Morais and McCann on their right worked well. But a very poor side. They could easily continue their slide down the table. Good job they bagged some points early doors under Collins, or they'd really be in the poop.

Fraill cannot be the manager of Hearts.

That would make a mockery of the promise of 'an experienced manager with knowledge of British football'.

That would make Romanov a liar - and I hardly think that's likely.

Agree with meadows and to some extent jambomal.

The deep defending was reminiscent of the Rix days with the opposition being invited to attack. This is a tactic I don't like and really only ever works if you can break at pace into the gaps left by the opposition being sucked in to your half. Even if Cesnauskis and Mikoliunas, or Driver, were able to make those breaks our striker(s) are not built to take advantage (no disrespect to Velicka who knows the way to goal).

I thought the replacement of Stewart, who was unwell, took too long - although I thought it was smart putting Wallce on in midfield. And while welcoming the Nade move, he would hopefully at least hold the ball up in forward areas giving us some breathing space in defence, taking off Ruben Palazuelos surprised me.

Stevie Frail is a great guy, and I would love to see him working with Hearts for some time to come. But he is not experienced enough to be manager - with a good manager we can do things, we need to make the right move with this managerial appointment.

By the way, Hibs are very poor. Some decent players, Morais and McCann on their right worked well. But a very poor side. They could easily continue their slide down the table. Good job they bagged some points early doors under Collins, or they'd really be in the poop.

Agree with virtually all your points. We invited them onto us. Problem with that is that you need either a striker with screaming pace for breakaways or a striker who can hold the ball so that the midfield can get up the pitch. We had neither.

Still, great to get the victory. But Hibs are a poor poor side.

Fraill cannot be the manager of Hearts.

That would make a mockery of the promise of 'an experienced manager with knowledge of British football'.

That would make Romanov a liar - and I hardly think that's likely.

sigh :wacko: SF's tactics were OK ..he had Stewart (who I don't rate) in the hole but marking Beuzelin (who run the show at fester road). Stewart did his job despite feeling unwell.....SF also had everyone back at set pieces 'cos he knows that is where we're weak...so he did fine.....there's no rush at the moment for a new manager as SF has the taem behind him....let's make sure that we get someone decent instead of chasing after someone like Rix again...:)

Two pish sides. Hibs were just worst.

But we got the three points and that is three unbeaten so Frail deserves some praise for stopping the rot BUT he should never be manager.

Dont know if its just me but IMO opion Frail STILL does'nt pick the team!!

After 70 mins we still get Miko(Romanov sub), last two weeks we have put Lee wallace in midfeild even tho he's a left back (romanov does this with zali,makela playing out of position etc...). He took Ruben's off, clearly the best player in a hearts jersey. We still play 4-5-1 even tho every fan hate's it and finally he put Velika midfeild last 10 mins to defend our 1 nil lead when we easily could have pushed on and scored more.

Really pleased we won and i thought every player yesterday put in a great shift and looked really up for it but if he is picking that team then this job is a step to far for him just now!!

Dont know if its just me but IMO opion Frail STILL does'nt pick the team!!

After 70 mins we still get Miko(Romanov sub), last two weeks we have put Lee wallace in midfeild even tho he's a left back (romanov does this with zali,makela playing out of position etc...). He took Ruben's off, clearly the best player in a hearts jersey. We still play 4-5-1 even tho every fan hate's it and finally he put Velika midfeild last 10 mins to defend our 1 nil lead when we easily could have pushed on and scored more.

Really pleased we won and i thought every player yesterday put in a great shift and looked really up for it but if he is picking that team then this job is a step to far for him just now!!

Mostly disagree,

1- Frail has publicly supported Miko many times in the past. It seemed a reasonably straight forward substitution for Chesney who was fading out of the game.

2- I'm not alone in thinking that Wallace is a bombscare of a left back but may well make a decent midfielder.

3- 4-5-1 is not my preferance but it can work if you are expecting the opposition to have a go at you. It also helps, that if you are playing with two light weight wingers, to have an extra man in midfield to nulify the opposition.

4- I agree that taking off Ruben and putting Velicka in midfield was strange unless the intention was to try and hold the ball up further up the field and relieve the defence of the pressure they were under.

sigh :wacko: SF's tactics were OK ..he had Stewart (who I don't rate) in the hole but marking Beuzelin (who run the show at fester road). Stewart did his job despite feeling unwell.....SF also had everyone back at set pieces 'cos he knows that is where we're weak...so he did fine.....there's no rush at the moment for a new manager as SF has the taem behind him....let's make sure that we get someone decent instead of chasing after someone like Rix again...:)

sigh. If Frail is appointed manager on a permanent basis, what would that say about the ambition of the club?

Archived