Vesliska, He is Rubbish

Gigolo-Aunt

He's the reason we're doing so badly in the league.

Fact.

Apparently.

That's now 12 goals in 14 starts this season - a near miraculous record for a striker playing on his own up front in a bottom 6 team.

Libertonian_II
What does he do apart from score goals?

Nothing

GTF you dam Lith

GA

You forgot the :sarcasm: smiley

Ach the guy's rubbish, he only scores goals

Fact.

Apparently.

That's now 12 goals in 14 starts this season - a near miraculous record for a striker playing on his own up front in a bottom 6 team.

Its not good enough, thommo

I just dont think a player that scores goals for fun fits in with the way we want to try and win games.

Its like Sonic Boom and Spaceman.

Its just not good enough.

Its not good enough, thommo

I just dont think a player that scores goals for fun fits in with the way we want to try and win games.

Its like Sonic Boom and Spaceman.

Its just not good enough.

I just don't know who he thinks he is, personally. He swans in the team from God knows where, starts scoring with nearly a goal a game average, and we're supposed to just sit back and ACCEPT it?!

It's 2008, FFS.

Do they think we're stupid?

Orpington Jambo

Did more than a fair job.

Playing one up for n60 minutes on his own.

Do we expect miracles? :confused:

Cheered for Nade coming onn but he's CRAP :527:

I just don't know who he thinks he is, personally. He swans in the team from God knows where, starts scoring with nearly a goal a game average, and we're supposed to just sit back and ACCEPT it?!

It's 2008, FFS.

He obviously thinks he is the bee's knees.

I like a forward that runs around and does not score. Remember them days? They were bliss.

Nope, forwards that score is not for me.

I just dont like it, thommo.

ps

Babyshambles - opinion?

DuffJimmy1875

Oh god aye - I'd hate to have a striker in my team that merely scored goals.

Give me a pack of half-baked, heidless chickens that - currently - couldn't score in a barrel of ***** (Shiels excepted)

:o

Oh god aye - I'd hate to have a striker in my team that merely scored goals.

Give me a pack of half-baked, heidless chickens that - currently - couldn't score in a barrel of ***** (Shiels excepted)

:o

Yesterday afternoon excluded (arf).

Babyshambles - opinion?

Imagine what it's like to run your tongue over the bell-end of a jakey that hasn't seen the inside of a shower in nearly 10 years. Can you taste that cheddar?

That's what Doherty and his (lack of) musical talent does for me.

i agree to disagree with me agreeance and that thing he did at the final whistle was so false

obviously he never meant to win us that game

he MUST go

Fact.

Apparently.

Exactly.

Victor Meldrew

I appreciate Gigalo-Aunt's sarcasm, but the sad thing is that there are posters on here who genuinely spout this nonsense that "Velicka isn't good enough for us".

The boy scores goals, and a fair number of them too.

I doubt whether people would say the same things if he weren't Lithuanian.

After all, I don't remembr people complaining that Robbo didn't contribute enough to the team, despite doing very little apart from scoring goals.

Call me old-fashioned, but if my team's strikers score goals, they can sit on their @r$*s all game doing nothing for all I care.

Generic Username

Nothing makes me happier than a drunken post that people take seriously.

"What the **** do you mean he's got tae go ya pure radge eh? You need tae go ya Hobo..." and other posts to that effect.

I appreciate Gigalo-Aunt's sarcasm, but the sad thing is that there are posters on here who genuinely spout this nonsense that "Velicka isn't good enough for us".

After all, I don't remembr people complaining that Robbo didn't contribute enough to the team, despite doing very little apart from scoring goals.

Call me old-fashioned, but if my team's strikers score goals, they can sit on their @r$*s all game doing nothing for all I care.

I agree entirely Victor. I would suggest that Gigalo's opening post was harking back to a thread that had posters stating as such. Thommo's post almost certainly was.

Like you, my only concern about our strikers is their goals ratio, if a striker scores I care little how he plays outside the box.

Thing is though as there been many of those posts recently ?? Regardless of his form now Velicka did at times look lazy and doing nothing for the team. When you mix that with not scoring i think posters are entitled to have a go at him.

The thing is though Velicka has upped his game and he is scoring regularly. He is playing really well and deserves to be first picked and take the praise he is getting. However to act all smart arsed about it now is quite pathetic IMO.

I'm one of those people who has been quite critical of Velikca. I have certainly said he is a first division standard player. Whilst, numerous times I have compared him to Jim Hamilton, though in a strange way I kind of still stand by that comparison.

The guys goals have proved invaluable this season and I dread to think where we would be without him. Its hard to criticise a striker a striker who scores. However, strangely, its allright to do it with Makela. Is it cause he not Lithunian?;)

The guy is a lot better than I initially give him credit for. However, still feel his work rate is poor at time and his fitness could be improved dramitically. However, no doubt a decent manager could sort that out.

Anyway, thankfully, I was wrong about the lad.

Ahh never mind at least I never claimed Zalikuas would be world class or was one of the best CH in the league etc, etc. Now that would be stupid.:mw_tease:

And thats the bottom line LBJ, criticise when he deserved it and now he is getting praise when he deserves it.

i think velicka has really upped his game since frail took charge. he works his socks off and certainly did yesterday, whereas before i thought he was lazy. keep it up big man a hat trick at well on tuesday would do for me

When Velicka was getting subbed before at the 60-65 min mark we all used to think he was an unfit lazy ba***** but it shows you these were the pre meditated subs and the guy has proved the last few weeks he can last the full game and be effective up till the death.

I am not a fan and have posted many times on the weaknesses in Velickas's game. Those weaknesses were obvious yesterday when for long periods in the second half we were unable to hold the ball up front at all. That puts a lot of pressure on the midfield who don't get time to get closer to the forwards and pressure on the defence who don't get a break.

But he deserves a lot of credit for his goalscoring run and deserves to be in the team at the moment. His workrate was way better yesterday too.

I am not a fan and have posted many times on the weaknesses in Velickas's game. Those weaknesses were obvious yesterday when for long periods in the second half we were unable to hold the ball up front at all. That puts a lot of pressure on the midfield who don't get time to get closer to the forwards and pressure on the defence who don't get a break.

But he deserves a lot of credit for his goalscoring run and deserves to be in the team at the moment. His workrate was way better yesterday too.

Yeah that is the one main criticsm I have of him although I don't think he feels that he is that kind of striker. Although he is scoring goals. Lots of them.

I would like to see a striker brought in to partner Velicka (Like many of us would).

He obviously thinks he is the bee's knees.

I like a forward that runs around and does not score. Remember them days? They were bliss.

Nope, forwards that score is not for me.

I just dont like it, thommo.

ps

Babyshambles - opinion?

First album - gash for me. A couple of outstanding songs on it, but some ropey production and arrangements spoiled it. **** Forever is also one of the worst (slash most over-rated) singles I've heard in the last 5 years.

I hear Shotter's Nation is worth a pop, though. I'll check it out.

Strangely enough, if you were to take Babyshambles' invention and marry it to Dirty Pretty Things' professionalism and sense of arrangement, you'd likely have an incredible band on your hands.

It's amazing no-one has thought to do that...

But anyway, back on topic.

Velicka: too much scoring and not enough tracking back. I don't know how he gets away with it.

On a serious note, I've seen it mentioned here that Velicka doesn't score poacher's goals. I'd say that was 2 in as many matches now.

First album - gash for me. A couple of outstanding songs on it, but some ropey production and arrangements spoiled it. **** Forever is also one of the worst (slash most over-rated) singles I've heard in the last 5 years.

I hear Shotter's Nation is worth a pop, though. I'll check it out.

Strangely enough, if you were to take Babyshambles' invention and marry it to Dirty Pretty Things' professionalism and sense of arrangement, you'd likely have an incredible band on your hands.

It's amazing no-one has thought to do that...

Velicka: too much scoring and not enough tracking back. I don't know how he gets away with it.

On a serious note, I've seen it mentioned here that Velicka doesn't score poacher's goals. I'd say that was 2 in as many matches now.

The production was pretty shoddy. It worked on some tracks but some of the songs got lost due to this.

Stephen Street tidies things up well and a more confident band emerge.

LOL@poachers goals.

If he was scoring poachers goals only, some would have a pop at him for just doing that!

I've been pretty critical in the past of his all round game (while I've always liked him and never called for him to be punted I may add!). He has been very impressive in the last two games though. He appears to be holding the ball a bit better and managing to bring others into the game.

I still feel he's not ideally suited to playing as a lone striker though. Although as I say his last two all round performances have been really impressive.

Miller Jambo 60

It's 2008, FFS.

Why do strikers score goals total bad news get him out the team terrible chap:eek: FUNNY THREAD

He's one of the main reasons were still 10th.

Apparently.

He undoubtedly his, as without him we'd be 11th (or worse!). Can you imagine trusting Nade to grab the goals???:eek:

Yep, he hadn't scored many poachers goals prior to the last couple of matches. Pleased to see that he is proving me wrong on this at the moment.

He may score plenty but his handling is crap, he can't take goal kicks to save himself, and he doesn't organise the back four well enough. Get rid.

Archived