New Year mafia game

yvonnejambo

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game over town win :)

:yas: :yas: :yas: :yas: :yas:

:verysmug:

Get it right in there! 5-2 win and a town win.

Nananananananana, goons have bit the dust, BIT THE DUST, GOOOOONS HAVE BIT THE DU-UST !!!

Also, any ideas as to when there might be another one of these?

I take it you enjoyed playing? :) well done to the newbies good effort. I will post some stuff tomorrow my battery low in phone and still got another 4 hours on the road home, but fab game and I now have my new top :)

Also, any ideas as to when there might be another one of these?

Calm down eh..

Probably a wee while.

Felt this game could have had an assassin too but what the hell.

I'm out from running a game for a bit.

I like it but it's not quite Episode VI Return of the Vlad time. :)

Calm down eh..

Probably a wee while.

Felt this game could have had an assassin too but what the hell.

I'm out from running a game for a bit.

I like it but it's not quite Episode VI Return of the Vlad time. :)

Was just asking out of interest. :)

GG everyone - actually felt the goons could have had it on a plate if they'd taken out Deek the night after he was saved!

Well done Yvonne!!

Myself and Bev weren't that involved in decision making...

When one of us was identified after the first night, I went all "well if BS was used then it's Geoff or Gadgey as cop."

We thought Bev had been the 2nd investigation. So it was meh from then on...

Lionel and Andy did well tbh.

Excellent game and well done to the newbies.

I thought the psychic maybe tipped it in the town's balance from the off, but then I suppose the psychic didn't have to play for the town at all. Some very strange moves from the goons at times - as Harold said, I'd have expected Deek to have been whacked earlier, then concentrate on the Doc.

Great stuff as always Yvonne - thank you thumbsup.gif

why the goons never sussed deek as the psychic earlier, im sure i mentioned it on a mail with my fellow masons.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

First time ever playing a game like this. Really good fun.

Thanks to yvonnejambo for making this happen. thumbsup.gif

Good game everyone!

Don't worry folks.

We're in moan mode and it's going to the top!

Andy and Lionel were left to themselves..sorry guys.

Schtum...

why the goons never sussed deek as the psychic earlier, im sure i mentioned it on a mail with my fellow masons.

I should have gone to days earlier than I did.

I had done a couple of townie investigations, plus Bev as a goon and I was trying to draw a big enough gang together, not realising Gadgy (waste of space) was a Mason about to get the boot.

I did hint enough that I was the psychic FFS but some still didnae get it. I had also made an invisible post but nobody had picked up on it.

My first game for a year and I did enjoy it as I had felt previously it was becoming stale. :thumbsup:

I think the fact that Harold and Bev were consecutive goons in the player list really helped us out big time.

Finding the last goon without any intel was really hard and Andy didn't give much away.

Think after a shaky start early on I'm fairly happy with my performance in my first game.

I had done a couple of townie investigations, plus Bev as a goon and I was trying to draw a big enough gang together, not realising Gadgy (waste of space) was a Mason about to get the boot.

I did hint enough that I was the psychic FFS but some still didnae get it. I had also made an invisible post but nobody had picked up on it.

My first game for a year and I did enjoy it as I had felt previously it was becoming stale. :thumbsup:

I genuinely couldn't believe folk didn't know you were the psychic - even right at the end! I thought I'd throw a claim in for the doc to take "one for the team" unfortunately, only a couple of my fellow townies fell for it!

Geoff why Lionel the 2nd night was it luck or did you see something

Also good stuff from the newbies (except gadgey) helps make the games better

Pompey being flagged up as goonly for his correct explanation of BS... :vrface: ...unless it was the goons doing so.

As it turns out I probably could've played but would probably have caused a town meltdown with wonky theorising and let the goons sail off into the sunset with a resounding victory :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff why Lionel the 2nd night was it luck or did you see something

Also good stuff from the newbies (except gadgey) helps make the games better

Spider sense Malky. Hadn't seen anything in his posting but the way others were playing I thought there was a chance.

Moan moan moan moan...........

Lionel and Andy were left high and dry....

Apologies guys, I'm Shite as a goon.

not sure with my outing myself as the last mason and gunning for Lionel made their choice harder or to draw them away from both of us as they could not think who to go for or that the doctor would be protecting one of us and then stopping a hit, but it allowed you a further night of checking folk

For me I was actually laughing reading the arguments over the pms saying innocent local or just local I did it deliberate and gave some people the message 'local' and others 'innocent local' just to stir up a bit, as i know in the past the message sent out to townies has been used as a way of proving townie status.

Also how the hell nobody suspected Andy whatsoever (until last hour or 2 of the game? Anyway it all went ok, whats the thoughts on the psychic role?

For me I was actually laughing reading the arguments over the pms saying innocent local or just local I did it deliberate and gave some people the message 'local' and others 'innocent local' just to stir up a bit, as i know in the past the message sent out to townies has been used as a way of proving townie status.

Also how the hell nobody suspected Andy whatsoever (until last hour or 2 of the game? Anyway it all went ok, whats the thoughts on the psychic role?

If there was an assassin with the amount of players then it might have evened things up.

Essentially there were 2 cops so the odds were against from the start. Just my opinion.

If there was an assassin with the amount of players then it might have evened things up.

Essentially there were 2 cops so the odds were against from the start. Just my opinion.

But made 4 goons instead of 3, but yeah maybe did help town a fair bit.

But made 4 goons instead of 3, but yeah maybe did help town a fair bit.

I had 4 goons with 21 players or something.....

Didn't see the need to take the Assassin role away and replace with a 2nd cop.

I realise I've given the cop an extra investigation etc...

Just felt there was no wildcard kill...

TBF, the psychic role was balanced by the fact that gadgey was a mason laugh.gif

Seats - I couldn't fathom how you could be the Doc, hence my thinking you must be goonly. Ironically, all my stuff at the start was to make the goons think I was the psychic as I figured they wouldn't know what to do with me. Maybe correct seeing as it was my townie chums that lynched me in the end whistling.gif

TBF, the psychic role was balanced by the fact that gadgey was a mason laugh.gif

Seats - I couldn't fathom how you could be the Doc, hence my thinking you must be goonly. Ironically, all my stuff at the start was to make the goons think I was the psychic as I figured they wouldn't know what to do with me. Maybe correct seeing as it was my townie chums that lynched me in the end whistling.gif

I think the fact that you pretended to be the psychic got you lynched in the end. As soon as we knew Deek was the psychic and you weren't you went straight to the head of my suspect list...

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

not sure with my outing myself as the last mason and gunning for Lionel made their choice harder or to draw them away from both of us as they could not think who to go for or that the doctor would be protecting one of us and then stopping a hit, but it allowed you a further night of checking folk

That was pretty much the gist of it (for me at least) pompey.

When you came out all guns blazing on me, I was clutching at straws.

Couldn't believe Geoff investigated me on the second night!

Geoff Kilpatrick

That was pretty much the gist of it (for me at least) pompey.

When you came out all guns blazing on me, I was clutching at straws.

Couldn't believe Geoff investigated me on the second night!

Nae luck! :)

I thought the goons might fall for it because Deek had already named me as a townie. The fact that I also knew it was deek they had tried to whack might have convinced them. I knew it was an obvious ploy but thought inexperienced goons might have gone for it. :mellow:

Prince Buaben

Great first game. Still suprised i lasted as long as i did. :thumbsup:

I had planned on posting a bit more until Harold then Beverley got lynched succesivley then decided had to keep a low profile.

Thanks to Bev, Harold and Lionel aswell :thumbsup:

edit: Forgot thanks to Yvonne most of all.

Forgot to say Yvonne, thought the psychic was a good idea. Maybe a restricted number of investigations would've made it slightly fairer as that was the difference at the end of the day. Either that or make the info the psychic gets a bit more vague somehow (cos everyone knows its not a precise science!) - not quite sure how though. :thumbsup:

I had planned on posting a bit more until Harold then Beverley got lynched succesivley then decided had to keep a low profile.

That had proved to be your undoing. :)

This is about the 3rd Mafia game I've read, and I still don't get it :facepalm:

Looks like fun though.

the only way to understand them is to play them. so sign up for the next game whenever that is

Prince Buaben

the only way to understand them is to play them. so sign up for the next game whenever that is

This!

I try and play every game the same. That way when a goon nobody can tell the difference. :thumbsup:

I try and play every game the same. That way when a goon nobody can tell the difference. :thumbsup:

could be worse, you could play like how i do, my style changes by the day never mind the game

could be worse, you could play like how i do, my style changes by the day never mind the game

or you could be like me and get lynched on the first night in many games

Cheers for organising Yvonne :thumbsup:

On the winning side and survived until the end in both games I've played :verysmug:

Meant to say earlier, thanks for organizing Yvonne, really enjoyed my first game. :)

Kind of glad it's finished now and didn't drag on a bit longer since I've got to get my dissertation finished next week. :unsure:

Thanks for organising. :thumbsup:

Didn't expect to survive for so long to be honest.

:verysmug: :greggy: :yas:

Who were the remaining townies? I know me and pullshapes at least made it to the end.

Who were the remaining townies? I know me and pullshapes at least made it to the end.

As did I, Rudi and Elvis

Edit: And not forgetting Seats.

Archived