Arran

davemclaren

Right, off to Arran ( don't ask ) for 4 days in a few weeks time. Any recommendations for restaurants, pubs, thing to do etc....? :wacko:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't help you with Arran Dave but I miss your manly tash.

Get the old avatar back!

Get the old avatar back!

I'll think about it. :whistling:

:1232:

sorry to hijack the thread but dose anyone else just associate people with there avatars? i look at it before the name most of the time.

i get confused if one person has one for ages then someone else uses it or if someone changes theres.

Been to arran when i was young but cant mind much, sorry :confused:

sorry to hijack the thread but dose anyone else just associate people with there avatars? i look at it before the name most of the time.

i get confused if one person has one for ages then someone else uses it or if someone changes theres.

Been to arran when i was young but cant mind much, sorry :confused:

Good point. The chap in my avatar is a rather overweight, middle aged man with grey hair. Nothing like me at all. :)

Good point. The chap in my avatar is a rather overweight, middle aged man with grey hair. Nothing like me at all. :)

without trying to insult you, it looks a little like tam cowan, i have had a few whiskys tho.

Get the old avatar back!

Compared to your last avatar, you look unwell in the recent one.

Maybe its the tash; bring it back?

Bonnie Prince Charlie
Right, off to Arran ( don't ask ) for 4 days in a few weeks time. Any recommendations for restaurants, pubs, thing to do etc....? :wacko:

As someone said before if you're into walking it's a good place. I was over in July and there are a few pubs in Brodick with good beer. There is one which also does very good food just off the front (20 yards) turn up the wee road leading up from the Royal bank at the far end of the pier.

I have been to Arran I have a cottage there, you are welcome to come and meet me.

If that's you on your avatar then I'm not so sure.... :ninja:

Miller Jambo 60

Was there for my hols in Lamlash in July Dave.

Which part are you living in.

Brodick has a great wee Restaurant next to the Bank of Scotland.

Great Steaks.

Good pub on the waterfront in Lamlash with a pool table good food.

ENJOY:)

Was there for my hols in Lamlash in July Dave.

Which part are you living in.

Brodick has a great wee Restaurant next to the Bank of Scotland.

Great Steaks.

Good pub on the waterfront in Lamlash with a pool table good food.

ENJOY:)

We have a lodge up near the distillery. Top of the island I believe.

Miller Jambo 60

Thats Lochranza good walk round the distillery and some good buys in the wee shop.

Not sure about eating places in Lochranza there is a hotel where you can drink and eat never been though.

Climb Goat Fell just under 3000 ft but watch the weather comes in quick.

Plenty Golf courses .

There's one seafood restaurant that was good, but aside from that I was bored sheetless.

Thanks for all your comments. Doesn't sound particularly exciting. Luckily the place we are staying has a Japanese Hinoki bath, oil-fired Aga, satellite TV, baby grand piano and an open fire. Just chill over a glass of malt tinkling away at those keys. :P

dont go ever

An island that produced Jack McConnell deserves to be nuked.

thanks ill pass on your goodwish for nuclar annilation on to my friends and family on arran you MOD EDIT

it did not produce jack he was born and educated in ayr his family moved over there (and are all charming people btw )

seriously

the distillery restaurant is good though like all off arran expensive,

the lochranza hotel is ok the locals in the north end are by and large friendly if a tad to fond off bringing musical instraments to the pubs and playing folk music do not leave the pub unless you are asked at night ;););) time works in a weird fasion 20 miles from the nearest cop shop . do not however drunk drive they patrol like a ******* for it these days

the best watering hole round that side is the caticol bay hotel does a nice carvery set price on sundays thats if big daves still in charge

in brodick the brodick bars ok but owned by the worlds biggest **** (ownership may have changed)

the auchrannie in brodick is also a good place for a nosh ormidale hotel is good for a pint

take your golf clubs

seriously

the distillery restaurant is good though like all off arran expensive,

the lochranza hotel is ok the locals in the north end are by and large friendly if a tad to fond off bringing musical instraments to the pubs and playing folk music do not leave the pub unless you are asked at night ;););) time works in a weird fasion 20 miles from the nearest cop shop . do not however drunk drive they patrol like a ******* for it these days

the best watering hole round that side is the caticol bay hotel does a nice carvery set price on sundays thats if big daves still in charge

in brodick the brodick bars ok but owned by the worlds biggest **** (ownership may have changed)

the auchrannie in brodick is also a good place for a nosh ormidale hotel is good for a pint

take your golf clubs

Cheers, some useful info at last. I don't drink drive, the missus and I always share the driving when we are out. I drive there and she drives back. :)

Archived