Worst sporting injury ever?

tartofmidlothian

Malcolm Tucker

I worked with a guy who dislocated his hip/pelvis playing rugby. They then popped it back in, but trapped his testicle in the joint as they did so.

I'd say that's worse.

tartofmidlothian

I worked with a guy who dislocated his hip/pelvis playing rugby. They then popped it back in, but trapped his testicle in the joint as they did so.

I'd say that's worse.

:unsure:

That's worse.

I'd say that's worse.

I heard this story... the guy, or another guy, tore his voice box or something screaming in pain!

I heard this story... the guy, or another guy, tore his voice box or something screaming in pain!

The story was in FHM !! Sounded horrific !!

I'd say that's worse.

This post almost made me physically sick.

I'd say that's worse.

Working in this area this sounds impossible...bollocks perhaps?

Jambof3tornado

I remember a lad coming to school at roslin primary with blood all over him coz he had hit the kerb on his big brother racer style bike,and ripped his ball bag on the handlebars!!

If one of them wasnt ruptured I dont know how!!!

I dont like injured ankles where they point in the wrong direction,always makes me squirm and I aint squeamish!!!

Former Scotland rugby captain, Budge Poutney, lost one of his when playing for Northampton.

The David Busst one was pretty horific.

yip if I mind right Scmichell (sp) puked up

I once went in for a tackle and collided with another player next thing I knew ambulance is on the pitch and some doughnut is leaning over me saying "fek sake its a feking bad one " just what you want to hear.

Broken jaw, depressed cheekbone fracture and teeth sticking through my bottom lip. Few days in hospital for a self employed guy with three young kids made me re think my priorities :verymad:

Napoleon  Wilson

I'd say that's worse.

I heard a similar story concerning Aussie rules football.

Doesn't' t bare thinking about.

Templeton Peck

When I was at school a guy in my PE class tore his bollocks open on the little hook on a badminton stand.

Funnily enough he changed schools not long after.

i remember in my teens one of my mates ruptured his balls when he went flying off his BMX and straight into a wall :D

Then another one of our mates balls ruptured simply because he was growing too fast :o

The Great Khali

Clint Malarchuk's isn't nice.

When he had his jugular slit by a skate or when he shot himself in the face?

Not the best luck tbh

When he had his jugular slit by a skate or when he shot himself in the face?

Not the best luck tbh

Very unlucky.

I was on about his throat though.

tartofmidlothian

I give you Edwald Lienen

lienen.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ewald_Lienen

"In shock, despite his open leg Lienen ran after the coach of Werder Bremen, Otto Rehhagel, whom he blamed for the foul insisting that Rehhagel had incited Siegmann to play rough. The wound required 23 stitches, however, after just 17 days Lienen started practising again."

NAILS.

tartofmidlothian

While we're on the greatest hits, this one always got me wincing.

_481866_larsson300.jpg

Although was it his shinpad that made it look bad?

The Great Khali

Very unlucky.

I was on about his throat though.

Ha aye I figured lol. Apparently that happened to someone else too! (not the shoot themselves in the face part)

Gregory House M.D.

That's got to be photoshopped. Right?

Nope, to think the guy paid to watch animal cruelty then ended up like this :lol: Karma some might say

rudi must stay

Suprised no- ones mentioned Alfe Inge Haaland's injury against Man Utd. Yes it was hardly accidentally, but it was so bad he never played again

Napoleon  Wilson

Suprised no- ones mentioned Alfe Inge Haaland's injury against Man Utd. Yes it was hardly accidentally, but it was so bad he never played again

Its not actually true that Haaland was never able to play again after the injury from Keane, just commonly thought. He had another season and a half at City before going back to Norwegian football. He was however never able to complete a full 90 mins again.

Gregory House M.D.

That great urban myth

Haaland outlasted Keanes career

Infact he only retired quite recently

Maroon tinted glasses 2

My son who was 13 at the time was sitting on the edge of the settee and i was standing just to his right about a foot back when for some reason he (to this day i will never know why) decided to put all his effeort and power into a perfectly aimed backhand to my goolies.

The result was being signed off work for four weeks due to having a detatched ball that had also burst at the end, I didnt sleep for the following 4 days due to the horrific pain from sitting, standing and lying down. I ended up having to get the nut removed after a couple of months due to the constant dull pain discomfort however when the poor chap did go it was such a relief and i will never regret the descision i made.

The biggest hurdle i did face throughout the whole ordeal was keeping my focus when attending the antenatal ward and getting my sack all jellied up by a stunning nurse from New Zealand for a scan.

My son who was 13 at the time was sitting on the edge of the settee and i was standing just to his right about a foot back when for some reason he (to this day i will never know why) decided to put all his effeort and power into a perfectly aimed backhand to my goolies.

The result was being signed off work for four weeks due to having a detatched ball that had also burst at the end, I didnt sleep for the following 4 days due to the horrific pain from sitting, standing and lying down. I ended up having to get the nut removed after a couple of months due to the constant dull pain discomfort however when the poor chap did go it was such a relief and i will never regret the descision i made.

The biggest hurdle i did face throughout the whole ordeal was keeping my focus when attending the antenatal ward and getting my sack all jellied up by a stunning nurse from New Zealand for a scan.

:blink:

rudi must stay

Its not actually true that Haaland was never able to play again after the injury from Keane, just commonly thought. He had another season and a half at City before going back to Norwegian football. He was however never able to complete a full 90 mins again.

good info there, I didn't know that :thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian

Were you about to give birth?? :lol:

That great urban myth

Haaland outlasted Keanes career

Infact he only retired quite recently

Not sure this is correct. Widely reported that he retired in 2003 - 2 years after the incident and certainly not outlasting Keane.

It was his other knee that actually caused the retirement though "Haaland's retirement was confirmed in 2003 and even though it was his left knee that would not respond to surgery and treatment he has always believed Keane's tackle on his right was the root cause"

Keane tackle haunts Haaland

"Alf Inge Haaland has announced his full retirement from football" (2003)

Haaland retirement

Archived