worst ever Hearts defender

BigAlim

Jim Denny was food in the '79/80 promotion season - '80/81 was just hellish for everyone! :down:

:o:boak::1092:

;)

Sorry to risk traumatising anyone who had managed successfully to suppress any memories of him, but Dave McNichol was horrendous an' all... :torture::hang::sterb147:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stirlingshirejambo

Stuart Gauld was pretty pesh back in the 80s

No he wasn't Bambi was half decent. Not great but certainly not the worst

i wish jj was my dad

After being quite impressed with Barassa on his debut (dunfermline?), I quickly revised my opinion and he probably shades it for me.

Grant Murray. Rank rotton.

Good lad though..

What a load of shite, he was a decent player.

What about David Murie??????

Never disliked any hearts player more than Gordan Petric though.

I used to feel like that, but Nade had to show a significant lack of effort to just overtake Petric.

But Petric was woeful. Lazy, gutless and with the worst positioning I've ever seen from a centre half.

A few good shouts but can't believe Alan McManus hasn't been mentioned. A total bombscare and pish centre half.

A few good shouts but can't believe Alan McManus hasn't been mentioned. A total bombscare and pish centre half.

...and at least a hundred players away from being the worst ever. :down:

The Shed Floodlight

Now, I remember Stewart McLaren getting MASSIVE stick from our fans in The Shed - no-one else seems to remember this, though?

Anyone confirm this?

Apparently, Chopper is a jambo now!

You are correct, Chopper used to get stick at Tynecastle, every other week one mistake after the other and the Shed booed and barracked him all match, if i remember correctly he came onto a game though and ended up alright. I may be wrong though.

Johanes de Silentio

You are correct, Chopper used to get stick at Tynecastle, every other week one mistake after the other and the Shed booed and barracked him all match, if i remember correctly he came onto a game though and ended up alright. I may be wrong though.

Thank you - that's how I remember it. :thumbsup:

Funny yet totally unsurprising. I'm willing to wager most of them are border-line simpletons with IQ's barely reaching their shoe-size.

Worst defender in my lifetime? Leclerq...Petric for purely monetary reasons, he wasn't that bad a defender, we just spent an obscene amount of money on an average defender, that was the main problem.

My most hated defender in my lifetime? Jamie McAllister. :smiliz46:

Yep.

Petric wasn't great, well past his best by the time he came to us, it was the ?500k transfer fee that did.

Not the worst signing, but up there with one of the worst value for money signings the club made, up until 2005-present where there has been a handful of absolute shockers on huge money.

Jim Weir was absolutely pitiful too, slowest player ever.

So many players here I have seen since the 70s.

Some I had forgot about but can't think why, they were that bad.

And fans of big clubs get called TBFITW ???

Two cup wins only in all these years, major heartaches, but some superb memories.

JamboAberdeen

Zali's first game in maroon was the worst in my life time, closely followed by Martin Petr?? at the beginning of Webstergate.

But he's not doing too bad now right?

Petric was so bad that even his half chance on the edge of the box v Stuttgart is now remembered as a missed tap in from one yard out.

Have never forgiven him for that. That cost us what could be argued as our best win in Europe had the ball been on target. Petric was absolute feckin mince. Nuff said <_<

Riddley Walker

Hen Broon, Jim Weir, Gordan Petric, Fraser Wishart, Nerjius Barassa or whatever his name was, are just a few.

Never disliked any hearts player more than Gordan Petric though.

Especially after that missed chance against Stuttgart in the last minute.

Crawford Boyd - for those of us that were unfortunate enough to have watched him - case closed. My Old Man always said he made Jim Fotheringham look good!

The Real Maroonblood

There are only teo reasons you could have posted that:

As a windup or because,

You're stupid!

Since you can't even spell his name, I'll plump for the second!!!

PS Joint winners, Crawford Boyd and Jim Weir!

Calm down it's all to do with opinions.

Anyway he should just have said No26.

winston churchill

And some folk need to wake up and smell the coffee. Zaliukas has cost us more times in the last few seasons than any other player. I've recently watched the season dvd's from 2 and 3 years ago, lost count how many times his lack of positioning or half heartless passes go to opposition players and cost us, loads

What shoe size are you?

You better not bad mouth old BombScare or the kickback massive will turn on you.

He is the new golden child since they turned on Glass Legs :lol:

Can only assume from this thread tjat Fitzroy Simpson was better at LB than i remember

He was signed as a midfielder and played most of his games there, but might also have played at left-back in the odd match. Bet he was honkin' there too...

Calm down it's all to do with opinions.

Anyway he should just have said No26.

These pesky !!! are very misleading!

CALM ASA BOMB!!!

David Dunn, totally and utterly hopeless.

My thought from the first post, thought I'd cracked it but u pulled him out right at the death!! He was brutal.

in my lifetime(1995-present) i have seen loads of defenders who where/are not crap but also not good.

of the few apalling defenders in recent times i am plumping for Dawid Kucharski(who isn't the worst player in the world)

but i wouldn't mind hearing from older fans, who was the worst?

Walter "Zico" Kidd. He was a grafter but had no footballing skill.

Snake Plissken

David Dunn, totally and utterly hopeless.

His one and only game was that horror show against Motherwell when he and a clutch of other youngsters were pitched in but horribly out of their depth. A cautionary tale for those wishing to see youngsters blooded on mass...

What shoe size are you?

You better not bad mouth old BombScare or the kickback massive will turn on you.

He is the new golden child since they turned on Glass Legs :lol:

Size 11's and i couldn't care less what the "KB massive" think, half are blinkered and won't take the maroon-tinted specs off so any critisism doesn't change the fact that having watched the past few season dvd's, Zaliukas HAS cost us more points/goals conceded than any other player, the footage doesn't lie i'm afraid.

No.6 is clearly the worst.

Our form since he joined this year has been shite.

No, our form has been shite since Kyle got injured. Templton played well off his knock-downs and link-ups as did others.

Webster would be fine if that Sergio bloke played him on the left of central defence, where he played originally with Pressley (right) and also the "player-of-the-year" season he had at Dundee Utd with Zaliusless playing right-sided. That's where they played in the past, it would also help if we had a decent centre-half alongside Webster, right-sided of course.

Charlie-Brown

Crawford Boyd - for those of us that were unfortunate enough to have watched him - case closed. My Old Man always said he made Jim Fotheringham look good!

This^

No, our form has been shite since Kyle got injured. Templton played well off his knock-downs and link-ups as did others.

Webster would be fine if that Sergio bloke played him on the left of central defence, where he played originally with Pressley (right) and also the "player-of-the-year" season he had at Dundee Utd with Zaliusless playing right-sided. That's where they played in the past, it would also help if we had a decent centre-half alongside Webster, right-sided of course.

:seething:

J Cheever Loophole

We appear to have had our fair share of shit defenders over the years and ones of greatness.However without doubt the worst goalie I have seen performing for us, is without doubt.

Sandy Jardine.ninja.gif

Johanes de Silentio

We appear to have had our fair share of shit defenders over the years and ones of greatness.However without doubt the worst goalie I have seen performing for us, is without doubt.

Sandy Jardine.ninja.gif

Better than Lee Wallace? :thumbsup:

And Kurskis. :angry:

J Cheever Loophole

Better than Lee Wallace? :thumbsup:

And Kurskis. :angry:

He did have longer to disproove prove his skills between the sticks.thumbsup.gif

Petric. Mainly because of the money he was on. JJ wasted a lot of money post-Cup win.

Petras never got a chance at Hearts and came in when we were a shambles. 11 players getting signed for example. He signed for a Serie B team after leaving us and has played in Italy ever since. He's still at Serie B team now and he's 32. In fact, I think he even played in Serie A at some point (he's been at a few Italian teams in the last few years). He was at Sparta Prague before us as well.

I put Petras in the Pinilla category. Had the ability but wasted at us because of the way the club was.

Petric. Mainly because of the money he was on. JJ wasted a lot of money post-Cup win.

Petras never got a chance at Hearts and came in when we were a shambles. 11 players getting signed for example. He signed for a Serie B team after leaving us and has played in Italy ever since. He's still at Serie B team now and he's 32. In fact, I think he even played in Serie A at some point (he's been at a few Italian teams in the last few years). He was at Sparta Prague before us as well.

I put Petras in the Pinilla category. Had the ability but wasted at us because of the way the club was.

Petras arrived when we were second in the league. We were there when the season ended. Although he hardly played, we were hardly a shambles

Petras arrived when we were second in the league. We were there when the season ended. Although he hardly played, we were hardly a shambles

Fine. We did have a huge squad at that point with eleven players signed in January so, whilst things weren't as bad off the field as they got later on, the circumstances weren't great for Petras to make an impact. If he'd been here at a different time then I think he could have done well for us.

Johanes de Silentio

It were a bit of a shambles the night Petras made his debut for us at Tannadice.

It were a bit of a shambles the night Petras made his debut for us at Tannadice.

And that point gained at Tannadice proved decisive.

Sandy Jardine.ninja.gif

Remember Dave Bowman pull off a terrific save against dundee hibs, I think. And that was better than anything Craid Nelson ever done :lol:

Archived