'Teleportation' Is last Year's Biggest Breakthrough;

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Yet more new discoveries that are opening up new avenues of future research and it seems that the very nature of these discoveries are adding fuel to the fire of those that have always perceived that what we call reality may very well be much more complicated than is currently perceived;

Okay a year old story but in the light of this discovery and the nature of it its worth a heads up to those who are interested in new discoveries emanating from the field of physics known as quantum physics;While actual teleportation is a long way of every new discovery in the respective fields of quantum physics,astro physics,quantum mechanics ect are opining up whole new perceptions and possibilities , i have always been of the opinion that these areas of physics will change our views and beliefs of not only our place in this mysterious universe ,(well the one that we happen to inhabit),but our current views of the very nature of what is possible and what is not governed by what is currently known by physicists and science;Below are some snippets from the link that covered this new breakthrough;ML;

star-trek-teleportation-0129.jpg

• Crew members on the Starship Enterprise beamed to alien planets via teleporters. Now scientists are perfecting a way to communicate via a similar technology.

QUOTE;

Until this year, all human-made objects have moved according to the laws of classical mechanics, the rules governing ordinary objects. Toss a ball in the air and it falls back to Earth. Drop a coin from your roof and it falls into your yard. But back in March, a group of researchers designed a gadget that moves in ways that can only be described by quantum mechanics -- the set of rules that governs the behavior of tiny things like molecules, atoms, and;

Another discovery below opens up yet more perceptions of what we term and perceive to be as reality;ML;

Freaky Physics Proves Parallel Universes Exist woot.gif

back_to_the_future%202.jpg

read more; http://www.foxnews.c...?intcmp=related

Freaky Physics Proves Parallel Universes Exist woot.gif

Bit of a misleading title for the article. The physics involved suggest parallel universes could exist, not that they actually do. Still, any quantum breakthrough is exciting.

maroonlegions

Bit of a misleading title for the article. The physics involved suggest parallel universes could exist, not that they actually do. Still, any quantum breakthrough is exciting.

Yes i see were you are coming from and the possibilities are increasing with,( as you quite rightly pointed out that ),any quantum breakthrough is exciting , could it be that its just a matter of time maybe one day it will be proven, timebiggrin.gif will tell as they say, cheers for the feed back;The quote below is relevant i think to any new discovery in this field of physics;

quote;

Sean Carroll, a physicist at the California Institute of Technology and a popular author, accepts the scientific basis for the multi-verse -- even if it cannot be proven. "Unless you can imagine some super-advanced alien civilization that has figured this out, we aren't affected by the possible existence of other universes," Carroll said. But he does think "someone could devise a machine that lets one universe communicate with another."

woot.gif

Is it merely a case of how physics currently understands the concepts of time,at present;ML;

There's no way, even it they were invented, that I'd go in a transporter. You would be killed, with a facsimile appearing at the destination. And it's not as if you can use super-cooling to try and trick all the particles in the human body into not conforming to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle (assuming this is the behaviour of this quantum state paddle in the first article).

It's still a bit of a head-**** that someone is claiming to have observed a physical object in both states, I mean isn't this in essence the equivalent of looking into Schr?dinger's box and finding the cat both alive and dead at the same time? :blink:

One day they'll find some poor physicist stone dead, head exploded from figuring or discovering some weird fact about reality that he just cannot process. :o

There's no way, even it they were invented, that I'd go in a transporter. You would be killed, with a facsimile appearing at the destination. And it's not as if you can use super-cooling to try and trick all the particles in the human body into not conforming to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle (assuming this is the behaviour of this quantum state paddle in the first article).

It's still a bit of a head-**** that someone is claiming to have observed a physical object in both states, I mean isn't this in essence the equivalent of looking into Schr?dinger's box and finding the cat both alive and dead at the same time? :blink:

One day they'll find some poor physicist stone dead, head exploded from figuring or discovering some weird fact about reality that he just cannot process. :o

that is why physicists drink more than george best

that is why physicists drink more than george best

Im an astrophysist and know loads of phd and researchers at the roe and your statement is very true lol

Im an astrophysist and know loads of phd and researchers at the roe and your statement is very true lol

its when you go to conferences and the amount of drink consumed that i was shocked at initially

Exciting and boring at the same time

JamboInSouthsea

If you drink enough (or enhance your state of mind some other way) then parallel universes are real enough at the time :whistling:

Archived