Would you support a player strike ?

Barney Rubble

107 members have voted

1. 1. Well would yae ?

Barney Rubble

I would because whatever reputation we have left as a club will be all but lost and will take years to regain if we continue on this path , only one man sanctioned the signings and contracts and he should do the honourable thing !

They need to take some kind of action that's for sure and us as fans should be backing them all the way!!!

This is an absolute joke situation and getting worse everyday, I hope they do down tools!! I certainly would.

Alwaysinourshadows

Romanov has said that he isn't giving hearts anymore money for wages and so on so feck knows when they are going to get paid

It would be a sad, sad day for the club. But is becoming increasingly inevitable as this dispute rumbles on and the players would be fully entitled to do so to get what they are due.

Nah.

Besides that dross would be doing us a favour if they went on strike! Get the lads out the pie stand on the pitch, would probably do a better job!

:ninja:

It would be a sad, sad day for the club. But is becoming increasingly inevitable as this dispute rumbles on and the players would be fully entitled to do so to get what they are due.

I don't know if it is inevitable, Martin. It certainly ought to be - but there's been so little coming out of the club, and above all from the players, that I can genuinely see this situation drifting on until January.

Seems to me, a number of players may have concluded they'll just see the situation out til then, and leave when the window opens. A large part of me feels sorry for them; a smaller part thinks far too many of them are completely spineless for not having done anything yet.

Barney Rubble

On what basis?

On the basis that paying the players wages would be the right thing to do seeing as the board went out of their way to give the players contracts in the first place would be a start no .

Napoleon  Wilson

On the basis that paying the players wages would be the right thing to do seeing as the board went out of their way to give the players contracts in the first place would be a start no .

Then they should contact their players union for advice. If the Union advised them to strike over the matter then so be it.

they dont deserve the kind of ??? they are on

total shambles of a team

hope zal is on vlads private jet when he leaves

Could completely understand it. It would completely be Hearts` fault. Paying players should be the basics.

Romanov has said that he isn't giving hearts anymore money for wages and so on so feck knows when they are going to get paid

The SPL have stated that they are due to forward all 12 clubs a payment in December.

They have also stated that if Hearts players officially approach them then they will give the players the money rather than the club.

As ever the Loony is pushing people to see what they will do, so far he will be content that the players haven't had the bottle to do anything. He will however be furious if the money goes to the players rather than him.

This needs to be brought to a head and the sooner the better or the players might never get a wage from us again.

tartofmidlothian

No. The way I see it, it's very simple:

Like the Pressley chest-thumping, any attempt by a player to get back at Vlad by doing the club down is absolute disrespect to the fans. They should still be giving their all every time they pull on a Hearts strip.

In turn, if they're giving their all for us they deserve our morale support, however people want to express it. Banners? Boycotts? Or just a bit of understanding if any player chooses to rip up their contract...

Going on strike and refusing to play a game = a points deduction and us being even more in the shit than we are at present.

If the players want to make a point and fight back then agree to play games only and refuse to train.

At least that way we don't lose the few points we already have.

Going on strike and refusing to play a game = a points deduction and us being even more in the shit than we are at present.

If the players want to make a point and fight back then agree to play games only and refuse to train.

At least that way we don't lose the few points we already have.

Just do it for the Scottish Cuo! :rolleyes:

i wish jj was my dad

I wouldn't support it but the players have my sympathy.

It doesn't matter if they are overpaid. The club has a duty to honour their contracts.

No.

Although they may very well be in the right contractually, the chances of me supporting striking players variously earning 2,3 or 4K a week and upwards are zero. Life is tough out there for many ordinary punters and its going to get a lot tougher. I won't be upset to see the back of many of these overpaid underperforming imposters.

ToadKiller Dog

No i don't think it would help ,I do feel a bit for the players but there are deep finacial problems,a strike would not help and could push us into a melt down . I am angry with todays performance it was rubbish the players attitude was poor but i think the off the field stuff is more important and the players have been excellent in reguards to that so far.

Only an Idiot would want us to tip over the edge .

Barney Rubble

Just do it for the Scottish Cuo! :rolleyes:

If i were you i wouldnt have any worries about playing us in the SCUP we are usually honkingly bad against smaller teams per se , giving our current form and troubles you should at the very least get the tie back to Ayrshire .

they dont deserve the kind of ??? they are on

total shambles of a team

hope zal is on vlads private jet when he leaves

Maybe not but someone gave them very nice contracts. Easy to point the finger at the players but the blame lies with Vlad.

True the buck stops with Vlad. But both Well and St.Johnstone are doing better with arguably less able players and lower salaries. Similarly Killie and St. Mirren are right beside us, also with supposedly less capable players on less lucrative contracts. It is Vlads fault ultimately for forking out so much for so little in return. But some of these were signed at JJ's behest so theres some blame there too.

Regardless, even before the wage issue the players weren't earning their wages. So, no support from me.

True the buck stops with Vlad. But both Well and St.Johnstone are doing better with arguably less able players and lower salaries. Similarly Killie and St. Mirren are right beside us, also with supposedly less capable players on less lucrative contracts. It is Vlads fault ultimately for forking out so much for so little in return. But some of these were signed at JJ's behest so theres some blame there too.

Regardless, even before the wage issue the players weren't earning their wages. So, no support from me.

Lower salaries than ?0? That's what our players are being paid right now. Would you be giving your all for your employer if you'd not been paid? You'd be an absolute mug if you were tbh.

Does anyone on here think Vlad is going to pay any player he wants rid of in January? In which case, going through the motions is actually more than they owe us.

Charlie-Brown

It would achieve nothing positive so no indeed it could possibly make things worse overall for the club. It wouldn't achieve anything except further negative publicity and possibly a points deduction if we failed to fulfil a fixture however it would also possibly put the players in breach of their contract albeit so does late wages.

Lower salaries than ?0? That's what our players are being paid right now. Would you be giving your all for your employer if you'd not been paid? You'd be an absolute mug if you were tbh.

Does anyone on here think Vlad is going to pay any player he wants rid of in January? In which case, going through the motions is actually more than they owe us.

Fair points Shaun, accepted. And I can think of one time in 1994 when my salary (and that of my colleagues) wasn't paid in pre-Xmas and we lived on ongoing unfilled promises for 2-3 months before I bailed out.

Lets just say that whilst I do have sympathy for their situation currently, I'm unable to offer them sincere unqualified support as I regard many of them as wage thieves (during the times when they were being paid)

Archived