MAFIA: The Ba's Burst V

Harry Palmer

4 Goons

Cop

Doc

3 Masons

Assassin

10 Vanilla Townies

The cop investigates one player every night. I will pass the result and name to the Masons. I will only post a positive or negative on the thread with no name.

The doc can nominate one player a night to save. He can not nominate the same person 2 nights running.

The goons nominate a kill every night, they can communicate off thread

Assassin With no affiliation, just likes to kill people 3 kills throughout the game, wins the game if he is the last remaining roled player

The town wins once all goons are killed off and the goons win once they have a majority.

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Doc, Cop, Goons, Assassin in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or cop etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

Finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse but will use my discretion

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

First deadline will be 10pm on Thursday night, with all roled players to have PM?s in by 11pm or you will lose your right to the night time activities. There will be no flexibility on this to allow the game to flow.

Thereafter I will try and make it 24hr turnarounds.

MODS: Please sticky....

PLAYERS....

1. Wedge Antilles

2. yvonnejambo

3. Geoff

5. Mr Nice

6. Ezio

7. Elvis_Lefend

8. pullshapes

9. Malky

10. Seats

11. Rudi Skacel

12. jambosean75

13. Dunks

14. The Stig

16. Dwight K. Schrute

19. milky_26

20. fabien leclerq

21. Boof

22. Leyland

23. Eckauskas

24. Beverley

GAME ON!

:teehee:

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Splendid - another game.

Anyone else for

bsplayerv256.th.png

Anybody need an explanation...whistling.gif

On a separate note...any objections if I bagsy bar duties?

Pint of Belhaven for me to start with I think.

Oh aye - doesn't matter if you can or can't use BS. All we need to do to mix it up for the goons as much as possible is for as many folk as possible to say that they WILL use it.

In fact only 5% of you are able to use it, however initially 15% of the players may be happy that you did so. And 20% might be starting to sweat :lol:

And I've just noticed that my percentages will be wrong since we'll be losing someone during day 1 giving us only 19 players at night 1...work it out for yerselves - I'm on strike :D

Palace?

Never heard of it. Have a half of sweetheart stout instead...and if you're well-behaved I'll let you have a port and lemon as well.

Palace?

Never heard of it. Have a half of sweetheart stout instead...and if you're well-behaved I'll let you have a port and lemon as well.

7933344294d506cd6bba1b.jpg

BS was devised many many games ago when I was the Cop (or maybe a mason - can't actually remember).

All it boils down to is the Cop on night 1 only investigates the person directly below him on the player list.

Whilst this gives the Cop less of a free rein for investigating it enables the masons to have a better idea of who the Cop is and, since they form a PM-able group of 3, they can help defend the Cop (subtly) if he comes under threat or slowly leak the information relating to the Cop's investigations at times they deem appropriate. It will become clearer as the game progresses (promise :D )

I believe it works best if as many people as possible say they'd use it so that the goons aren't sure which player is the Cop on the relatively remote chance that one of them gets investigated on night 1. They'd have to be daft to target a suspected Cop in case they get the wrong one - which would be quite a hoot for the rest of us but something to be wary of.

That's the brief explanation...think I need another pint.

Ooh - Dwight...I spotted you had a vote in your previous post.

It's considered bad form to edit posts (especially ones with a vote in 'em) in JKB Mafia games - if you make an arse of something you just have to find a way to explain it or folk will jump on you all accusey.

Ooh - Dwight...I spotted you had a vote in your previous post.

It's considered bad form to edit posts (especially ones with a vote in 'em) in JKB Mafia games - if you make an arse of something you just have to find a way to explain it or folk will jump on you all accusey.

I see. Sorry guys. After I voted I started to think I had to be prompted to vote, that's why I edited it. Is it just a free for all with the votes?

Hello fellow vanillas and good guys. I would use bs and goon lists. Welcome to the newbies dont be scared but the paranoia may get to you :unsure::lol:

Day 1 is just a random vote-a-thon.

Unless by some magic power you can find someone dodgy...

Come away in and have a pint while you're thinking about it.

I'm not going to have a clue what's going on here :sob: Just as well I don't have a role or else i'd be even more clueless :lol:

Sergio Garcia

Mafia is back, lets see if I can last longer than the last game when I was rudely killed off on the first day. Gutter.

The usual random first day vote-a-thon.

Welcome to all the newbies, youll soon pick it up although I still dont know what I'm doing half the time.

Anyone I shall be back after football finishes to vote.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Newbies - this is actually how it works.

The French twins never survive even if both are townies.

Boof proposes wild theories that pound people into submission.

I'll be accused of being a goon, irrespective of my role or non-role status, usually by Yvonne.

Bash the bishop, the mod, will get frustrated because he actually wants to play.

And Bev will claim she hasn't got a clue, constantly, despite being known as Queen goon.

Otherwise, it's all rubbish! :)

Sergio Garcia

I notice HB is going do a 24 hour turnaround each day after Thursday deadline, any chance the Saturday one can be extended to Sunday due to the match and nights out etc?

Only if there is interest for it, just a suggestion.

I notice HB is going do a 24 hour turnaround each day after Thursday deadline, any chance the Saturday one can be extended to Sunday due to the match and nights out etc?

Only if there is interest for it, just a suggestion.

I probably will anyway.

Usually it would be deadline tomorrow but work has intervened.

Anyway, might help a few folk get into the game. :rolleyes:

hi again

i'd use BS if i were able to, but i'm not as i'm not a goon ergo will be dead soon (only seem to last more than a few nights these days when i AM a goon)

gonna vote ezio

simply cos he took my number (number 6) which is always a goonly number

and i just noticed he's also voted me, cos he's a goon!

Have I had a latest theory yet?

Sorry it was Geoffs post re my voting habits not you (my 1st blunder of the game!) so unvote Boof and Vote Geoff the goon :thumbsup:

Few newbies in this game? I honestly didn't read the list on the sign up thread :laugh:

I'll have a glass of Scotsmak, btw.

Sergio Garcia

By the process of being the first poster I came to on the list that hasnt posted yet my vote goes to Mr Nice.

VOTE MR NICE

Sergio Garcia

I probably will anyway.

Usually it would be deadline tomorrow but work has intervened.

Anyway, might help a few folk get into the game. :rolleyes:

Cool just thought I'd suggest it.

Yeah a longer deadline at the start can let the newbies get involved more hopefully.

Shalom

Grey goose please bar keep

I'd use BS but unfortunately I can't

Geoff, you missed another one, when a game starts Malky ends up getting sent to Norway with work (Monday to Thursday next week) not that I'm holding my breath on you plums keeping me alive that long

I'll vote tomorrow have the D&D meeting on Thursday night, any Fife based newbies please click the link in my sig for info :thumbsup:

hi again

i'd use BS if i were able to, but i'm not as i'm not a goon ergo will be dead soon (only seem to last more than a few nights these days when i AM a goon)

gonna vote ezio

simply cos he took my number (number 6) which is always a goonly number

and i just noticed he's also voted me, cos he's a goon!

you're always picking on me, Bev

:(

Vote Jambosean75.

He always votes for me :angry:

i don't think i've ever voted you so

vote eck

Newbies - this is actually how it works.

The French twins never survive even if both are townies.

Boof proposes wild theories that pound people into submission.

I'll be accused of being a goon, irrespective of my role or non-role status, usually by Yvonne.

Bash the bishop, the mod, will get frustrated because he actually wants to play.

And Bev will claim she hasn't got a clue, constantly, despite being known as Queen goon.

Otherwise, it's all rubbish! :)

you forgot to add that malky's always a goon :whistling:

hey boof.

will you be dishing out the drinks for real on saturday night?

are you going to the golf game night out?

i'll have a smirnoff & coke

hey boof.

will you be dishing out the drinks for real on saturday night?

Indeed I shall.

are you going to the golf game night out?

Sadly (for me - maybe not the rest of you :lol: ) I won't be, I'll be dishing the drinks at our local hall Christmas dinner dance.

i'll have a smirnoff & coke

Consider it in your hand right now.

And any other orders up to now - if you're all old enough.

And if you've asked for something I've never heard of...you're getting a half-pint of warm pale ale and a sweet sherry.

Evening all! Just got to this thread and may I say Harold, it is a pleasure to be here thumbsup.gif

Right, down to business.

For the newbies - introduce yourselves, tell us a bit about your likes and dislikes, your favourite tipple and of course your role in the game

For everybody - hi, how are you all?

For Boof - make mine an Innis & Gunn good chap - tell me, do you have that on draught?

For everyone again - I'm fine thanks for asking

For everyone some more - of course I'd use BS

And finally for post one, day one ...

Vote Seats for being one of 3 non-posters so far (the other 2 have votes already) thumbsup.gif

Archived