Payment holiday

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

Rather then not paying wages,which in business terms is the worse thing you can do,surely it would have been preferable to suspend repayments of debt and interest until is was financially viable,especially if these payments are due to a parent company.

HMRC for instance would not allow an installment or deferment case if all internal payments had not been looked at first..Hearts asked them to do this whilst not meeting the criterea.

I know that some on here see Romanov as a great Russian humorist and wit toying with the Scottish media,rather than a self obsessed Russian shyster presiding over the worst and most worrying period in our history.

The number of people not going to matches BECAUSE of Romanov is on the increase week on week

Francis Albert

Rather then not paying wages,which in business terms is the worse thing you can do,surely it would have been preferable to suspend repayments of debt and interest until is was financially viable,especially if these payments are due to a parent company.

HMRC for instance would not allow an installment or deferment case if all internal payments had not been looked at first..Hearts asked them to do this whilst not meeting the criterea.

I know that some on here see Romanov as a great Russian humorist and wit toying with the Scottish media,rather than a self obsessed Russian shyster presiding over the worst and most worrying period in our history.

The number of people not going to matches BECAUSE of Romanov is on the increase week on week

You really can't blame Vlad for what's happening at Easter Road.

People come out with that kind of thing but I've yet to see any evidence that the crowds are decreasing "week on week". In fact, we had a higher crowd against Killie than we had earlier against St. Mirren (the last two non-Old Firm games). Our crowd was also higher against Rangers than it was in the earlier game against Celtic.

Who are these mysterious people who suddenly decide one week that they are never going back?

Colonel Kurtz

People come out with that kind of thing but I've yet to see any evidence that the crowds are decreasing "week on week". In fact, we had a higher crowd against Killie than we had earlier against St. Mirren (the last two non-Old Firm games). Our crowd was also higher against Rangers than it was in the earlier game against Celtic.

Who are these mysterious people who suddenly decide one week that they are never going back?

lets see what Saturdays crowd is

Just been online and looking like the lowest crowd of the season unless there is a late surge.

HEARTS FOREVER

just going back to the days pre Romanov when all the glory hunters were going shopping on a saturday and the 10k real fans would be there every week :thumbsup:

least the booing might stop when were not 1-0 up after 20 mins now

Francis Albert

We're coming off a bad run of form and it's a few weeks before Christmas, so I expect our crowd to dip on Saturday, but it will not have much to do with Romanov and will still be 50% higher than last week at ER.

We've been hearing about the negative effect of Romanov on our attendances since Burley was sacked but they have stood up well compared to the rest of the SPL and are still higher than before Vlad arrived. Of course we were all boycotting CPR then. I'd give the new owner 12 months max before people are staying away because of him.

We are not making payments to the "parent company".

John Gentleman

I know that some on here see Romanov as a great Russian humorist and wit toying with the Scottish media,rather than a self obsessed Russian shyster presiding over the worst and most worrying period in our history.The number of people not going to matches BECAUSE of Romanov is on the increase week on week

Trouble is the dork's a psychopath and is capable of anything and everything, without fear or foreboding of the consequences of his actions.

Trouble is the dork's a psychopath and is capable of anything and everything, without fear or foreboding of the consequences of his actions.

Very well said, & frankly I agree with you.

He's done some great things for us, but this current crisis is in danger of leaving a far more negative legacy than he realises.

We are not a toy, we are an important part of Scottish culture.

Several generations of my family have followed this Club & Romanov is undermining the very fabric of the Hearts by his behaviour.

spoton.png

We're playing Inverness on Saturday, surely it would be a better test to see what the attendance was for say an Aberdeen game or even a Rangers/Celtic game.

I'm fairly confident that games against Inverness are statistically the lowest crowds of every season.

just going back to the days pre Romanov when all the glory hunters were going shopping on a saturday and the 10k real fans would be there every week :thumbsup:

least the booing might stop when were not 1-0 up after 20 mins now

:thumbsup:

Talk about trying to re-write history!!!! We are nowhere near being as bad off as we were under the Pieman!!!

I applaud your ongoing loyalty to him though.

Colonel Kurtz

Talk about trying to re-write history!!!! We are nowhere near being as bad off as we were under the Pieman!!!

I applaud your ongoing loyalty to him though.

Are you serious

Debt was equal roughly to equity

Wages were always paid

We werent a laughing stock

Need I go on

Colonel Kurtz

I think that the club has rolled up at least some interest payments in the past.

Have they?

Why not this time

Are you serious

Debt was equal roughly to equity

Wages were always paid

We werent a laughing stock

Need I go on

Ah, the old fall back quote when facts aren't available!!!

As has been discussed on here numerous times the sale of Tynecastle to Cala would ONLY have repaid the debt if the council agreed to allow the MAXIMUM number of flats Cala wanted to build to be built. And then obviously Cala would needed to have sold them all. But don't let little things like facts get in the way eh?

The Pieman is still the WORST owner Hearts have ever had, history will judge him on that, even if you don't want to believe it.

We don't physically pay interest on the debt, it is just accrued and added to the existing debt. If we had to service debt of ?35m we would be in (even more) serious trouble

As has been discussed on here numerous times the sale of Tynecastle to Cala would ONLY have repaid the debt if the council agreed to allow the MAXIMUM number of flats Cala wanted to build to be built. And then obviously Cala would needed to have sold them all. But don't let little things like facts get in the way eh?

The Pieman is still the WORST owner Hearts have ever had, history will judge him on that, even if you don't want to believe it.

Sale of the land now would be no where near covering the debt now though.

And the need for redevelopment of the main stand or a new stadium make things worse.

I was no fan of the pieman but we are in a much worse situation now IMO.

At least the pieman had what could be called a plan. Romanovs latest plan is to sell Hearts for ?50M. I think he'll have a long wait.

And the need for redevelopment of the main stand or a new stadium make things worse.

At least the pieman had what could be called a plan. Romanovs latest plan is to sell Hearts for ?50M. I think he'll have a long wait.

Roughly what was that plan?

He had thrown a few ideas into the ring but I do not recollect he had any agreement in principle for relocation.

In fact I'm not sure he had the will to renovate the old stand to a standard which would ensure continued use.

what plan? you talking about selling tynie playing at murrayfield in front of 5k, selling our best players for pennys and no doubt being in the 1st division at least by now......Great plan that was?

Colonel Kurtz

Your "history"will

We are a laughing stock..Rix,Thomson not being sacked,idiotic rambling statements on our website,wages not being paid,bills not being paid.

I met an ex Liverpool player not long after Romanov arrived he told me that Romanov had been at Anfield watching Kaunus and that Liverpool would never deal with him again and predicting he was bad for Hearts due to the way he had dealt with a couple of Liverpool reserves,loan deals....He was right

Yes, and given the Health and Safety Police said it is not safe for a stadium that is used twice a month for around 10 months, what would they have said to a block of flats that would have residents for 365 days a. Year?

kennyblack'sshot

Your "history"will

We are a laughing stock..Rix,Thomson not being sacked,idiotic rambling statements on our website,wages not being paid,bills not being paid.

I met an ex Liverpool player not long after Romanov arrived he told me that Romanov had been at Anfield watching Kaunus and that Liverpool would never deal with him again and predicting he was bad for Hearts due to the way he had dealt with a couple of Liverpool reserves,loan deals....He was right

Meh, I don't place much store in the "laughing stock" angle. Who cares what other people think. Anyway, no other clubs' supporters outside of Hibs care enough to laugh at us. They'll have a little chuckle at Vlad's latest rant in the paper and then go back to worrying about their own club. The media laugh at us but then we laugh at them.

And the history books will show that (if Vlad sold today) in 5 years we had 2 3rd place finishes and one 2nd place finish and a cup win, became the first club in the new SPL to split the OF and the first non OF club to take part in the new CL format. Everything else will just go down as the actions of just another mad owner at a time when mad owners appeared from all over the world to throw money at football clubs.

As for Hibs fans, I can confidently say I've had a lot more laughs at their expense over the years than they have at ours.

I agree with others - the pieman is the worst owner in my lifetime: I would rate them:

Vlad (OK, he blew it a number of times but he's my top owner for saving the club, having ambition and giving us an incredible season when anything seemed possible - most football fans never get a season like that)

Mercer (for pulling us "back from the brink" but as a Tory he could never be my no.1 and the Hibs thing was as mad as anything Vlad has done)

Pieman

what plan? you talking about selling tynie playing at murrayfield in front of 5k, selling our best players for pennys and no doubt being in the 1st division at least by now......Great plan that was?

Never understood why our crowds would drop so low if we moved to Murrayfield but I suppose it made the argument against moving a little stronger.

Like how you threw in ".. be in the 1st division" just for artistic licence!

Never understood why our crowds would drop so low if we moved to Murrayfield but I suppose it made the argument against moving a little stronger.

Like how you threw in ".. be in the 1st division" just for artistic licence!

Correct DJ, one of many myths on here at the moment

And the history books will show that (if Vlad sold today) in 5 years we had 2 3rd place finishes and one 2nd place finish and a cup win, became the first club in the new SPL to split the OF and the first non OF club to take part in the new CL format.

Indeed we did yet the fact is we overspent doing so. Something the pieman did, yet was severely criticised for it.

Vlad may have saved us but where will we be after he leaves?

kennyblack'sshot

Your "history"will

Sorry for the double reply but you do seem worried about being laughed at. As it honestly is only Hibs fans who care enough to laugh all you need to do is mention one or all of these incidents:

Hibs getting relegated the same season we win the SC

Hibs SC record

Hibs derby record

Hibs being mismanaged to the point that they nearly sold themselves to us!

Nothing Vlad can say is as funny as these things. At the end of the day, Hibs fans know in their gut that we had no option but to go with Romanov and that despite the rants and bad decisions (how many bad managerial appointments has Petrie made now by the way?) he has given us some damn good times as well. They also know this is a one-off period in our history caused by a pretty unique owner. With Hibs, it does't matter who's in charge - the laughs just keeps on coming...

kennyblack'sshot

Correct DJ, one of many myths on here at the moment

If you think that people would have enjoyed paying good money to watch poor players (we would also have sold our squad off remember) in an empty stadium you are off your rocker. Murrayfield holds nearly 70,000. A big part of going to football is the atmosphere and there would literally be no atmosphere with a seventh of those seats filled. I know - I've been to Easter Road!

People come out with that kind of thing but I've yet to see any evidence that the crowds are decreasing "week on week".

That's 'cause it's a lot of shite. :)

Rudolf's Mate

Indeed we did yet the fact is we overspent doing so. Something the pieman did, yet was severely criticised for it.

Vlad may have saved us but where will we be after he leaves?

This is the bit which worries me most!

As for judging Pieman v Vlad.... Are people honestly saying the Pieman was worse than Vlad?!? I hated the guy as did a lot of people however I am shocked by the volume of people claiming to hate Pieman yet have nothing but admiration for Vlad :huh:

This is the bit which worries me most!

As for judging Pieman v Vlad.... Are people honestly saying the Pieman was worse than Vlad?!? I hated the guy as did a lot of people however I am shocked by the volume of people claiming to hate Pieman yet have nothing but admiration for Vlad :huh:

Robinson was trying to take Hearts to the next level at a time when the old firm were at their strongest. The players Rangers and Celtic bought/had at that time were on a par with the premiership and yet we did still managed cup finals, a cup win and 3rd places all of which, I'm sure we'd all agree, was acceptable.

He then realised (probably to late) we were overspending and made attempts at solving it hence the cut backs in the Levein era followed by looking at selling Tynecastle.

Take away the 2nd place in '06 and it's been much the same under Vlad yet for me the old firm are no where near as strong! What the pieman proposed is where were at again re: selling the ground yet this time it's more commonly acceptable.

Rudolf's Mate

Robinson was trying to take Hearts to the next level at a time when the old firm were at their strongest. The players Rangers and Celtic bought/had at that time were on a par with the premiership and yet we did still managed cup finals, a cup win and 3rd places all of which, I'm sure we'd all agree, was acceptable.

He then realised (probably to late) we were overspending and made attempts at solving it hence the cut backs in the Levein era followed by looking at selling Tynecastle.

Take away the 2nd place in '06 and it's been much the same under Vlad yet for me the old firm are no where near as strong! What the pieman proposed is where were at again re: selling the ground yet this time it's more commonly acceptable.

Agree with what your saying though bar the team Burley had at his disposal, those which followed weren't as good IMO.

Also I know we had some bad performances/seasons before Vlad however despite claiming 3rd several times the manner in which we've done it has been murder. The football we've played has more often than not been hellish to watch!

Fozzyonthefence

Spot on. Vlad has continued the overspending to an even worse extent and even though we are trying to compete with the worst OF teams in living memory (well, maybe except Rangers, pre Souness) we are still nowhere near them, or even Motherwell on a fraction of our budget, for that matter.

southside1874

Spot on. Vlad has continued the overspending to an even worse extent and even though we are trying to compete with the worst OF teams in living memory (well, maybe except Rangers, pre Souness) we are still nowhere near them, or even Motherwell on a fraction of our budget, for that matter.

Do you just not get it? It could be the worse OF team in living history mate but they will still end up in first and second place in the league. It doesn't and wouldn't matter what Romanov does. Hearts will get nothing. The whole thing is stitched up for they two teams to battle out the cups and the league so they maintain their dominance over Scottish Football. The media is full of OF fans who find it great to dismiss Vlad and Hearts as a joke club as they don't want a "third force". The mentality of these fans don't accept third. I'm sorry to say it but the footballing mentality in this country doesn't want intelligent debate. It want us to be pulled by political and religious nonsense that clouds the decent thought of wanting honest competition. We can't even accept a real pyramid competition because we won't accept folk losing their place in any of the leagues. Two is company.threes a crowdthumbsup.gif

If you think that people would have enjoyed paying good money to watch poor players (we would also have sold our squad off remember) in an empty stadium you are off your rocker. Murrayfield holds nearly 70,000. A big part of going to football is the atmosphere and there would literally be no atmosphere with a seventh of those seats filled. I know - I've been to Easter Road!

I can't remember any plans to sell off the squad - but even if there was - what's so different about what romanov is planning to do now. Hearts have already said they will be trying to off load high earners and plan to play youngsters.

The stadium is a major problem. Even if we could afford/have the will to redevelop it it doesn't look like we'd get planning permission and unless somebody pays for it, a new stadium is pie in the sky. Mark my words, Murrayfield will be back on the agenda pretty soon. And when Tynecastle is sold, we'll still be ?20M in debt!!

I didn't agree with the pieman at the time but his "plan" would have seen the debt at the time all but paid off.

It maybe wasn't a great plan for the fans but it was more likely to work than romanovs plan to sell the club for ?50M.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I can't remember any plans to sell off the squad - but even if there was - what's so different about what romanov is planning to do now. Hearts have already said they will be trying to off load high earners and plan to play youngsters.

The stadium is a major problem. Even if we could afford/have the will to redevelop it it doesn't look like we'd get planning permission and unless somebody pays for it, a new stadium is pie in the sky. Mark my words, Murrayfield will be back on the agenda pretty soon. And when Tynecastle is sold, we'll still be ?20M in debt!!

I didn't agree with the pieman at the time but his "plan" would have seen the debt at the time all but paid off.

It maybe wasn't a great plan for the fans but it was more likely to work than romanovs plan to sell the club for ?50M.

The Fraser 'plan' showed that the club had to break even on a cash flow basis. Players would have had to be sold to do that.

Colonel Kurtz

You are correct about Murrayfield

However nobody in the current climate would buy Tynecastle,unless like Murray it is part of a deal which makes money on another aspect of the deal.This could be offest against mothballing the land.

I can understand how some contibutors to this thread feel guilty about their part in landing us with Romanov, who had already been chased by 2 other Scottish clubs .

They should admit they had no"what if we succeed"strategy..it could be theraputic

They are desperate to massage the figures to deflect from their mistakes...."a lie can spread around the world,before truth gets its boots on"

Do you just not get it? It could be the worse OF team in living history mate but they will still end up in first and second place in the league.

-Maybe so but when we had players on a wage level with them ('06) we did finish 2nd. I would reckon they are still far and away the biggest spenders in the league and so will most likely finish in the top spots (happens in most countries in Europe). We have managed to finish in 3rd place as the biggest spenders of the rest.-

It doesn't and wouldn't matter what Romanov does. Hearts will get nothing. The whole thing is stitched up for they two teams to battle out the cups

-Had a quick look to see if you were right about this and in the past 20 years there has only been 2 Old Firm Scottish cup finals and 3 League cup finals! With teams such as Gretna, QOS, Ross C, Dunfermline and Falkirk all reaching the final in recent years.-

and the league so they maintain their dominance over Scottish Football. The media is full of OF fans -As the largest supported teams in Scotland I'd expect that. No?-

who find it great to dismiss Vlad and Hearts as a joke club as they don't want a "third force". The mentality of these fans don't accept third. I'm sorry to say it but the footballing mentality in this country doesn't want intelligent debate. It want us to be pulled by political and religious nonsense that clouds the decent thought of wanting honest competition. We can't even accept a real pyramid competition because we won't accept folk losing their place in any of the leagues. Two is company.threes a crowdthumbsup.gif

Maybe I'm to rationale and can't buy into the conspiracy theory as much as so many on Kb seem to. I've heard rumours that their may be evidence of it something we'd all be very interested in seeing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You are correct about Murrayfield

However nobody in the current climate would buy Tynecastle,unless like Murray it is part of a deal which makes money on another aspect of the deal.This could be offest against mothballing the land.

I can understand how some contibutors to this thread feel guilty about their part in landing us with Romanov, who had already been chased by 2 other Scottish clubs .

They should admit they had no"what if we succeed"strategy..it could be theraputic

They are desperate to massage the figures to deflect from their mistakes...."a lie can spread around the world,before truth gets its boots on"

If memory serves correctly, your mate sold the shares to him.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Colonel Kurtz

If memory serves correctly, your mate sold the shares to him.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Geoff,

admit your mistakes,its the first step.

Did you not worry a bit that Romanov had been rejected by 2 clubs already

I did not mention CR in my op,and stick by my point,that Hearts FC are in the worst position in the clubs history,they have no fixed assets ,when the fire sale in january/next year happens we will have little player assets .

I can understand your reticence,there are a few in the same position as you.

It gives me no pleasure to be proved right about Romanov,and just hope for damage limitation.

I repeat under CR we had assets equivilant to about 80% plus of debts,the club is now a basket case

WE cannot even pay players wages..i dont recall us being in that position before

I fail to see the logic in your argument that Hearts are in a worse position than we were under the Pieman.

Has Vlad been paying himself a six figure salary? Has Vlad been awarding himself a pension from Hearts? Has Vlad been claiming expenses from Hearts? Has Vlad become an SFA blazer and jaunted off round the world to Scotland games? Does Vlad have a Hearts company car?

The main difference between then and now is that we have an owner with enough money to personally clear the entire debt, if he wanted to.

If he tries to leave Hearts saddled with a huge debt then that's when it will all kick off in our support.

To start moaning and groaning now is premature because

A. We don't know that he really wants to sell

B. There is nobody out there interested in buying us

Until either of those change then there's not really going to any major changes apart from the clubs high earners, and some would say under performers, being released and replaced with youngsters from our academy. This is exactly what every other team in the SPL is having to do apart from the OF. And after watching 3 seasons of journeymen SPL players picking up big wages the change can't come quick enough for me.

I trust that's a balanced enough view for you?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff,

admit your mistakes,its the first step.

I haven't made mistakes.

Did you not worry a bit that Romanov had been rejected by 2 clubs already

No, he tried to take them over pre 2003 and Lithuania's entry into the EU. His masterplan wouldn't have worked. Not that it worked anyway.

I did not mention CR in my op,and stick by my point,that Hearts FC are in the worst position in the clubs history,they have no fixed assets ,when the fire sale in january/next year happens we will have little player assets .

No fixed assets? When was Tynecastle removed from the balance sheet?

Are you seriously suggesting that a debt owed to Romanov's investment group, which we can't pay, is worse than a debt falling due owed to HBust or SMG? :rofl:

On the playing side, I'll be quite happy if a firesale/clearout happens. Most of them are complete pish!

I can understand your reticence,there are a few in the same position as you.

It gives me no pleasure to be proved right about Romanov,and just hope for damage limitation.

Outstanding! When he was playing Jamie Mole I can't recall you complaining too much. Those titbits were too good not to share eh?

I repeat under CR we had assets equivilant to about 80% plus of debts,the club is now a basket case

WE cannot even pay players wages..i dont recall us being in that position before.

Assets that had to be realised to pay debts falling due. A fantastic position to be in. :rolleyes:

No argument on the wages front but again, that seems to be at Vlad's whim, as it has been since 2005.

Colonel Kurtz

I fail to see the logic in your argument that Hearts are in a worse position than we were under the Pieman.

Has Vlad been paying himself a six figure salary? Has Vlad been awarding himself a pension from Hearts? Has Vlad been claiming expenses from Hearts? Has Vlad become an SFA blazer and jaunted off round the world to Scotland games? Does Vlad have a Hearts company car?

The main difference between then and now is that we have an owner with enough money to personally clear the entire debt, if he wanted to.

If he tries to leave Hearts saddled with a huge debt then that's when it will all kick off in our support.

To start moaning and groaning now is premature because

A. We don't know that he really wants to sell

B. There is nobody out there interested in buying us

Until either of those change then there's not really going to any major changes apart from the clubs high earners, and some would say under performers, being released and replaced with youngsters from our academy. This is exactly what every other team in the SPL is having to do apart from the OF. And after watching 3 seasons of journeymen SPL players picking up big wages the change can't come quick enough for me.

I trust that's a balanced enough view for you?

WE have an owner who doesnt appear to have enough money to even pay the players wages.

Perhaps CR should have made his "neice" a director and paid her,or paid monies elsewhere and told shareholders at an agm it was none of their business

Supporters can kick off all they want..it wont have any effect.

Perhaps CR should have made his "neice" a director and paid her,or paid monies elsewhere and told shareholders at an agm it was none of their business

CPR had his "PA" on the payroll... :whistling:

Archived