Would you rather support Osasuna?

Spellczech

Watching Hearts can be hard. We've been toiling to score for years apart from the spell when KK was fit. We all suffered the night the players failed to turn up to face Tottenham and got humiliated. However, I'm currently watching Osasuna getting beat 6-1 by Real Madrid and they shipped 8 earlier in the season against Barca...

What is the worst formula for a football fans? Would it be worse to watch your team play poorly but win more than they lose or getting horsed in an excellent league? Alternatively, obviously Hearts fans could never be described as being a glory-hunter but do you just save that guilty pleasure for you're "second team" be in Manu or Barca or Milan?

Watching Hearts can be hard. We've been toiling to score for years apart from the spell when KK was fit. We all suffered the night the players failed to turn up to face Tottenham and got humiliated. However, I'm currently watching Osasuna getting beat 6-1 by Real Madrid and they shipped 8 earlier in the season against Barca...

What is the worst formula for a football fans? Would it be worse to watch your team play poorly but win more than they lose or getting horsed in an excellent league? Alternatively, obviously Hearts fans could never be described as being a glory-hunter but do you just save that guilty pleasure for you're "second team" be in Manu or Barca or Milan?

Another minute and another goal- 7-1

No.

7-1 now :lol:

Strange time for the game to kick off is it not?

The LFP are pushing to get more into the Asian market so these games are being scheduled for prime time Far East.

I'm coming round to the way of thinking that some of the teams in La Liga are just very poor sides, not denying Real & Barca are excellent sides, but if they are beating every other side by sixes and sevens every other week, then it doesn't say much about Spanish football on any kind of competitive level, exactly like the SPL of course.

I'm coming round to the way of thinking that some of the teams in La Liga are just very poor sides, not denying Real & Barca are excellent sides, but if they are beating every other side by sixes and sevens every other week, then it doesn't say much about Spanish football on any kind of competitive level, exactly like the SPL of course.

All leagues maybe bar the German league are going this way. Football is over.

Re strikers: we need to be more flexible in how we sign them because what strikers we do sign seem to end up staying forever and are either rubbish or injured.

I see smaller teams then us in the SPL who seem to have no bother in bringing in decent strikers.

As for getting horsed of Spurs, we got a kicking because we were every bit as bad as they were good on the night.

Snake Plissken

If I was Spanish I'd sooner support Osasuna than Barcelona or Real Madrid.

But I'm not so I don't really care.

If I was Spanish I'd sooner support Osasuna than Barcelona or Real Madrid.

If I was Spanish, I think I would support Osasuna TBH. Don't ask why. But beyond that, as has been clear for a number of years now, and is only going to become even more clear in the future:

Football is dead. RIP. :(

Think the players did turn up against Spurs but the huge gulf in class more or less made the result inevitable.

Don't have a "second team" so can't comment on that!

If I was Spanish, I think I would support Osasuna TBH. Don't ask why. But beyond that, as has been clear for a number of years now, and is only going to become even more clear in the future:

You'd support Osasuna even if you lived in say Seville? You'd have Seville and Betis to choose from although Betis play in green. :down:

Pamplona is a long way from Seville.

Be honest. You'd support the closest team to you. I would. :thumbsup:

You'd support Osasuna even if you lived in say Seville? You'd have Seville and Betis to choose from although Betis play in green. :down:

Pamplona is a long way from Seville.

Be honest. You'd support the closest team to you. I would. :thumbsup:

Bollocks I would. This is me we're talking about, remember? :lol: I'd support Osasuna for being a not very successful, essentially inoffensive club, who do well to stay up in La Liga.

In other words, it's a Norwich parallel which would win out there. If it was a Hearts parallel I was looking for though, it'd be Atletico Madrid, no question about it.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Bollocks I would. This is me we're talking about, remember? :lol: I'd support Osasuna for being a not very successful, essentially inoffensive club, who do well to stay up in La Liga.

In other words, it's a Norwich parallel which would win out there. If it was a Hearts parallel I was looking for though, it'd be Atletico Madrid, no question about it.

Here you go Shaun.

OsasunaForum.com

Away and bore the arse of that lot for a change.....:thumbsup:

:lol:

:lol:

I forgot it was you I replied to. :lol:

You're right with the Atletico analogy. 3rd biggest club in their country dominated by 2 giants but show flashes of brilliance and sometimes just awful. :thumbsup:

If I was Spanish, I think I would be a fan of Osasuna TBH. Don't ask why. But beyond that, as has been clear for a number of years now, and is only going to become even more clear in the future:

Fixed that for you :thumbsup:

It's not quite right to claim you support anybody really.

Would you rather support Osasuna?

Yes. The weather's better there, the drink is cheaper, the food is better, the women are prettier, and it's much further away from Glasgow. :thumbsup:

Better league too... :whistling:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I've never understood this notion of a second team. I'm a Hearts supporter first, last and always. After that, I'm a football supporter and choose who to watch on the basis of entertainment potential.

I live in Sheffield and have watched Wednesday or United on occasions. I have been to see other teams as well - some good, some Rotherham - but I've never felt inclined to say any of them were my second team.

Tbf, we've had games kick off in Scotland at 12:15pm before.

The SPL has had games before 12 in the past!

Did our game against St Johnstone not kick off at 12?

It might well have done, I do remember it was an early kick off, right enough.

7-1 now :lol:

Strange time for the game to kick off is it not?

Noon in CET, not that strange.

The LFP are pushing to get more into the Asian market so these games are being scheduled for prime time Far East.

This with Real Madrid and Barcelona negotiating their own TV deals is the reason I believe.

And also the reason for Spanish league football becoming increasingly a 2 horse race.

I believe some Real fans were complaining, but it's them who get the money from it.

Same as the OF can't complain about away kick-off times in this country.

Another poster cites Germany as about the only european league that isn't apparently heading this way.

They have Bayern who earn an absolute fortune but who still have clubs that can compete against them. Seems a great model and league.

Bayern have been spoouting off recently too though about FIFA / UEFA. Presumably because they can't guarantee themselves a CL place because of this competition in their league.

Archived