'Not' a soulless bowl stadium

Buffalo Bill

As an aside, i don`t get the hullaballoo by some over us going to a 25,000 stadium? 7,000 odd extra seats bigger than what Tynie is just now is hardly making it the Maracana!

Especially if the spec is for football/rugby only....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like that

Fookin LUV that ........ 3 sides with 1 tier like those, and a double decker mainstand with corp boxes in middle and top ...... 25'000+ capacity and we'd have the best ground in scotland in my humble opinion!!!

Nelly Terraces

All very nice I'm sure, but surely everyone knows HMFC will move to a horrific atmosphere killing shoebox in the middle of nowhere, with zero consultation with the fans as to how it should look (who do the club consult with? Hearts don't have one single supporter group, just a bunch of sad aresholes who won't give up their power in the various, ludicrous, groups). Also on the zero front, decent boozers nearby, and any incentive for anyone to attend. If they move, may as well buld a 15,000 seater as crowds will never rise above that.

Least it'll have a nice running track round it. Hurrah for that.

Gl?cksgas Stadium, home of Dynamo Dresden.

Personally I really like the steep, single tier. Currently a 27,000 seating capacity, and cost around ?45 million.

stadion1.jpg

Oh yes. I'll take one in maroon please. :thumbsup:

All very nice I'm sure, but surely everyone knows HMFC will move to a horrific atmosphere killing shoebox in the middle of nowhere, with zero consultation with the fans as to how it should look (who do the club consult with? Hearts don't have one single supporter group, just a bunch of sad aresholes who won't give up their power in the various, ludicrous, groups). Also on the zero front, decent boozers nearby, and any incentive for anyone to attend. If they move, may as well buld a 15,000 seater as crowds will never rise above that.

Geez a break as for those sad arseholes I would say alot of these guys gave up considerable time over the course of their work in varying fans groups and despite the myth that gets perpetuated that "they were only there for jollies" I suspect most have done more than yourself however I dont necessarily disagree that in recent times they should have looked at all getting together for the good of the fans but in the end would VR give a shite.

As for what Hearts do with a new stadium who knows but that wasnt what this thread was about.

Anybody on here who uses the phrase "soulless bowl" or moans about the lack of atmosphere (in a stadium that's not even built ffs, mystic meg ****s) is an utter throbber.

I simply used the term to gauge what people's perceptions were of what wasn't a 'soulless bowl'. I'm sorry if the term has upset you, but I didn't write anything about Hearts in my opening post. It's a thread based purely on stadia.

Bill are you looking for our opinions, or just for examples?

If you are looking for some examples try this website, it's got pictures of all top flight stadiums from most European leagues.

http://www.wikistadiums.org/

If you want our opinion I'll try and post a few of my favs once I'm back from work.

Of course I'm interested in opinions.

Would makes one stadium 'soulless' and another not?

Do Leicester or Southampton fans consider their stadium 'soulless'?

What is the exact tipping point (or points) that suggests a lack of soul.

I simply used the term to gauge what people's perceptions were of what wasn't a 'soulless bowl'. I'm sorry if the term has upset you, but I didn't write anything about Hearts in my opening post. It's a thread based purely on stadia.

Of course I'm interested in opinions.

Would makes one stadium 'soulless' and another not?

Do Leicester or Southampton fans consider their stadium 'soulless'?

I think the tipping point for me BB is when a stadium has no unique identity I think that when you design something that could be mistaken for any other stadium then its lost some of its "soul" what makes Tynecastle unique for us is the tight stands close to the pitch with a high steep incline to create our atmosphere.

If its a bog standard out the box stadium it automatically becomes "soulless".

Build a stadium suited to a reasonably big club (say 17000 seats) without any forethought as to how many fans you actually have.

Employ a series of incompetent managers and watch your crowds dwindle.

Build a nice shiny new stand, increasing seating capacity as you still insist you are a big club.

Watch the fan(nie)s drift away under the latest imbecile manager.

Call it Easter Road and there is your definition of a soulless stadium (and club) :thumbsup:

Nelly Terraces

Geez a break as for those sad arseholes I would say alot of these guys gave up considerable time over the course of their work in varying fans groups and despite the myth that gets perpetuated that "they were only there for jollies" I suspect most have done more than yourself however I dont necessarily disagree that in recent times they should have looked at all getting together for the good of the fans but in the end would VR give a shite.

As for what Hearts do with a new stadium who knows but that wasnt what this thread was about.

OK, not sad arseholes, just parasites looking after their own position ahead that of the club, or the fans. As for doing more than me down the years, I'll do the jokes.

OK, not sad arseholes, just parasites looking after their own position ahead that of the club, or the fans. As for doing more than me down the years, I'll do the jokes.

I dont know your personal involvement in Hearts so I wont comment but I do know that there was alot of people giving up alot of their time for nothing more than for the club now there are always those that are in things for something else NT but I dont think its fair to say that its the majority of those in these groups.

Again i dont want to take this off topic but no matter what happened Romanov didnt and doesnt care for their opinion so its irrelevant at the moment.

_699933_charleroi300.jpg

I remember them talking about the steepness of the stands here during Euro 2000.

I think that Charleroi top tier was on temporary but it was quite an impressive sight.

scots civil war

duisburg ,all industrial looking

wiv a bit of terracing

notch toppery,il have that yeah

maltese jambo

Personally I really like the steep, single tier. Currently a 27,000 seating capacity, and cost around ?45 million.

stadion1.jpg

This gets my vote...picturing those seats maroon and white :D

NextGenerationJambo

See to be honest, I know we are just looking for inspiration but I think we would be better going for a stadium that is completely unique and new and not replicated! (obviously staying within the 25000-30000, steep stands, good atmosphere rules)

stadion1.jpg

That would do very nicely (with maroon seats and hearts crest obviously).

stadion1.jpg

Ooh yes - this one does it for me :thumbsup:

Still, wouldn't fancy walking down those stairs if its been raining. Seen enough people going head over heels at Tynie....

And a last minute Scottish cup winner against the wee team could be an accident waiting to happen :teehee:

kennyblack'sshot

Club has stated no running track. I want to stay at Tynecastle but I also think if we move the club will try to get the best option. They did spend a lot of time (and money) on the plans for upgrading Tynie. No reason to think they would go for a joke stadium. Romanov is nothing if not competitive. He will want a good stadium. If we get a crap one it will be because Romanov is leaving - and a crap stadium will not make the club attractive to a buyer so why build one at all?

And if all these other clubs can manage to build stadiums I'm not really sure why Hearts can't - it's typical Scottish small-minded negativity to think otherwise. Like the people who are against Scottish independence who seem to think we'd be the only country in the world incapable of managing our own affairs.

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim shows how a rich owner can do things right:

RheinNeckarStadion-Hoffenheim-TSG-1899-Stad_1810737.jpg

hoffenheim_1200.JPG

1899-stadion-tsg-fc-bayern.jpg

Brian Whittaker's Tache

We might be able to get this if the council are chipping in cash...

fd4671e1709cbb5e710804c66f7a4210___GEDC0204.JPG

Given I think anything above 25,000 is uneccessary at the moment, I think newer versions of these fit the bill;

Estadio Jos? Zorilla, Valladolid, capacity 26502

estadio-jos-zorilla-valladolid-221.jpg

Estadio El Madrigal, Villarreal, capacity 26,000

Madrigal_A2.jpg

GelreDome, Arnhem, capacity 25,000

gelredome-arnhem-228.jpg

Euroborg, Groningen, capacity 22,600

c9ff4ee876fb4b044b8abc60431910a7.jpg

Constant Vanden Stock Stadium, Anderlecht, capacity 26,361

1115457422_0e68c900a0.jpg

As for a soul-less bowl stadium? Cike Daca Stdion in Serbia, capacity 22,058.

cika-daca-stadium-kragujevac-292.jpg

stadion1.jpg

To say I've been to this stadium would be stretching the truth, but I have walked round the outside of it and spent a couple of hours sunbathing at the adjacent open-air pool while there was a Bundesliga 3 match in progress a couple of summers ago. Even with only a few thousand fans inside, there was a considerable racket. It's a fairly unfussy concrete bowl on the outside, but the inside looks great. I think the yellow and black colour scheme helps, though. Dresden clearly have ambitions to be a Bundesliga 1 club, and this stadium is part of their mission statement.

gorgiefaithful

How about that nice new stand that the hobos built? But 4 of them and we will actually FILL!?

Or this

Image.jpg?1312123267Valenciennes

gorgiefaithful

The Dresden stadium is a beauty.

2011-05-13_11%3A10%3A44__mg_8286.jpg

StadionDresden_1.jpg

I love the idea of the terracing just can't see it happening to end up like this should be build a new stadia somewhere. And I am sure alot of folk would be happy for the return of the terracing.

1025615905-6894670-rohdaten_2.jpg

Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen.

Probably of the best Stadiums i've been too.

Put's our national venue to shame.

I went over when City played Schalke 2 or 3 years ago and it's easily the best modern stadium I've been to. The Schalke fans hate it though :mellow:

Estadio Jos? Zorilla, Valladolid, capacity 26502

estadio-jos-zorilla-valladolid-221.jpg

I take it there's an unusually high demand for corporate hospitality then?

The Dresden ground is a bowl but certainly seems steeper and more closer to the pitch than the usual new 'off the shelf' British stadium. Agree?

I take it there's an unusually high demand for corporate hospitality then?

It looks like it! Although the corporate boxes are only at that end behind the goals. The other end only has the two tiers, whereas the two main stands on the touchlines are all seater the full height. It wasn't the best photo I could have chosen! The small stand at the bottom end doesn't look great but I like the steepness of the stands. If the two main stands we slightly smaller the one at the bottom end without the corporate boxes could be increased slightly to give it a more complete look.

valladolid_jose_zorrilla1.jpgn_getafe_los_aficionados-14436.jpg

2902_ori_nuevo_jose_zorrilla.jpg

What about this Community Stadium. Built with a share of private and public money. Perhaps our council could share info with a twin city.

Dunedin

Next to the Water of Leith....

A modified version of this please

Has anyone been to these stadia?

Or are we going by photos alone?

Hard to assess what a soul-less bowl is like with out being there. :teehee:

Dream on. St Mirren box you know that's what's coming.

Nelly, I agree that even IF we were to ever move to a new stadium, then I very much doubt that 'atmosphere' and 'architecture' will be given much consideration - and I certainly don't think the council will come and ask Hearts fans for ideas of what sort of stadium they want.

But if you're talking costs, then a 20,000-seater Dresden-like stadium need not cost anymore than a 20,000-seater New St Mirren Park. The seemingly inspiring aspect to Dresden's ground isn't fancy roof designs or plush multi-tiers. It's that the stands are steep, and the tower over a tight pitch.

Through in a couple of decent boozers nearby, and surely that isn't too much to ask?

Archived