Zaliukas

The Comedian

Snake Plissken

I'm looking forward to the Mrowiec GTF thread.

:mellow:

That's me for a few days Kickback, see you guys on the other side.

In all fairness, Mrowiec added nothing before and after his miss. Zaliukas was his average hot and cold self. And why Obua is deemed more worthy than Sutton for a spot on the bench is baffling. Just a normal week no?

gorgiefaithful

This is where the word Gutless can be used, Not just for Zaliukas but for the whole squad. Bottle merchants.

JJ just blamed Stroller.

Because stroller didn't push up, if he did Jelavic was miles off and there was no danger.

cardboardcutout

rangers started with strikers and then brought on a striker we did neither!

Is Sutton not good enough to get a place in our match squad??

Zaliukas has a problem with concentration for 90 mins!

Thunderstruck

Zal was pretty solid today. He managed Laugherty out of the game and was pretty much winning everything in the air. True, he had a couple of stray passes but he also put in several defence splitting forward passes.

From the far end it looked he was caught trying to play Jelavic offside but reports suggest that he had done the right thing but Webster played him on.

What the hell was he doing?

:vrface:

Total huddy.

Zal was solid today, Webster played Jelavic onside.

Next.

I thought Zal did well today.

I think we should've made subs at half time though. Mrowiec, Johnson and Black in the middle was working ok until we needed to get back into the game, and then a more attacking player was needed IMO.

Rangers are jammy swines.

quincy adams wagstaff

zal was solid today,and thought he did well not to bite when naismith tried to get him to retaliate.well done zal :thumbsup:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Some good play but usual bombscare stuff. Being competent for just some of the match isn't good enough if we want to challenge a mediocre Old Firm.

zal was solid today,and thought he did well not to bite when naismith tried to get him to retaliate.well done zal :thumbsup:

well he did stamp on the wee fuds toes

quincy adams wagstaff

well he did stamp on the wee fuds toes

what i ment was he didnt lose the heed and do something obvious that the ref would have seen,i dont mind the sly stuff :rolleyes:

"Mr" Webster switched off and played every **** onside. <_<

He also put in a comical half arsed challenge at the first goal. <_< (So did Zaliukas and Jonsson btw)

Exactly the kind of casualness that was annoying me about him earlier this season. Thought he had knocked that on the head.

yabadabadoo1874again

Yup...lightweight tackles inc. webster ...combined with stevensons blinding one-footedness done for us today... cor blimey !!! Although he's not a striker...!!!

"Mr" Webster switched off and played every **** onside. <_<

He also put in a comical half arsed challenge at the first goal. <_< (So did Zaliukas and Jonsson btw)

Exactly the kind of casualness that was annoying me about him earlier this season. Thought he had knocked that on the head.

Total huddy.

Utter tosh!!!

The ball was in the air long enough for Kello to have a cup of tea and then come for it!!!

The animal at the other end would have taken that ball and the forward!!!

gorgie rd eh11

Total huddy.

:woot:

This is where the word Gutless can be used, Not just for Zaliukas but for the whole squad. Bottle merchants.

gorgiefaithful

You finding something funny that I don't? It's true we had 12 shots on target and didn't even bury one of them.....

I don't see the point in singling out individuals. We had lots of chances and didn't take them. We gave them two good chances and they took them both. That's all folks.

You finding something funny that I don't? It's true we had 12 shots on target and didn't even bury one of them.....

Explain how a team who is gutless can have 12 shots on target against Rangers? Surely that would involve winning the midfield battle and creating chances in the final 3rd, was that through lack of guts?

I doubt your stat, btw.

Zal had a good game today with no major mistake

Basically just one of those days when the better team lost through a mixture of bad finishing and bad refereeing.

J Cheever Loophole

Sorry but I've not read the whole thread but the second goal was offside,I was right in line with the play at the time,see Jellyfishes reaction.

Sorry but I've not read the whole thread but the second goal was offside,I was right in line with the play at the time,see Jellyfishes reaction.

You are wrong.

gorgiefaithful

Explain how a team who is gutless can have 12 shots on target against Rangers? Surely that would involve winning the midfield battle and creating chances in the final 3rd, was that through lack of guts?

I doubt your stat, btw.

We played them off the park in terms of chances created, At one point I seen on ESPN we had 80%-20% possession for 5-10Minutes which woulda been great to convert into a goal or two.

Maybe it's the lack of a recognised Striker up there maybe Sutton woulda buried some or most of them. But on the whole it was a good performance to be honest and show's we can compete with the so-called big two.

Right in line with the play and you got it this wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D39Hb7cqgs

You'll make it as an SPL linesman one day buddy. :lol:

Right in line with the play and you got it this wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D39Hb7cqgs

You'll make it as an SPL linesman one day buddy. :lol:

My reading of that goal was that Webster was passed on Edu I think by our midfield and rightly moved into position to cover him - as the long ball caught Zaliukas on the wrong side of the striker with no idea where he was.

Big fault in Zaliukas' game - getting caught on the wrong side down the opposition's inside right - and he is not showing any signs of learning how to position/concentrate.

My reading of that goal was that Webster was passed on Edu I think by our midfield and rightly moved into position to cover him - as the long ball caught Zaliukas on the wrong side of the striker with no idea where he was.

Big fault in Zaliukas' game - getting caught on the wrong side down the opposition's inside right - and he is not showing any signs of learning how to position/concentrate.

Don't think you know what your talking about TBH. The defensive line was pushing up and if Webster had stayed in line Jelavic would have been three or four yards offside. Think your getting mixed up who switched off.

IMO both Webster and Zal had good games today, they were punished for the one lapse that they had and to be fair it was a top class finish.

Hearts lose at home........I wonder how long it will be until there's a "Zaliukas is a pure bombscare thread"?

Oh, no......wait........

Don't think you know what your talking about TBH. The defensive line was pushing up and if Webster had stayed in line Jelavic would have been three or four yards offside. Think your getting mixed up who switched off.

IMO both Webster and Zal had good games today, they were punished for the one lapse that they had and to be fair it was a top class finish.

Watch the midfield player who passes Edu on to Webster. If Webster had stepped further forward Edu would have been clean through. That pass was on for the Rangers player too and Webster was right to shut it off.

The goal is about Zaliukas' losing touch with where the player he was supposed to be marking is.

Do we normally try to play offside when the ball is on the half way line and the player has time to pick out a pass?

I hate the offside trap, always have.....Or playing too high a line. I like Centre Halves/defenders just to do their job and track players who run in behind...

Even when you play a high line you still have to keep an eye on the forwards ffs . Zaliukas tends to be drawn to watching the ball when the opposition have it in their own half and are about to launch it.....its not hard to be aware of whos running off you and knowing where the ball is...

I'm not going to go into this much further because there is actually a video on this thread showing the goal. I sort of see what your saying about Edu but Webster could still have marked him without losing his place in the line, he didn't have to move back towards goal to cover Edu's run. In answer to your other question, Yes we do play offside in this situation, we did under Jeffries and we still do now. Honestly Coco watch it again, I've no favourites when it comes to Webster and Zal, but it's clear to me why we lost the goal.

Archived