Berra, not a good captain?

MrBones

I reckon he's an excellent captain, despite what this board says. Second top scorer. he does drag this team up. So, he might not be an Elvis but look how he's dragged us up when we've been losing. We're going through a bad patch but for me Berra and Velicka deserve far more credit than they get on here

I reckon he's an excellent captain, despite what this board says. Second top scorer. he does drag this team up. So, he might not be an Elvis but look how he's dragged us up when we've been losing. We're going through a bad patch but for me Berra and Velicka deserve far more credit than they get on here

I think if berra was able to concentrate on his football and not have the expectancy of captaincy on his shoulders he would out in performances like today on a more regular basis.

He is too quiet for a captain, imo, and I felt we were for large parts of the second half today rudderless and as such that is the captains responsibility.

Jambof3tornado
I think if berra was able to concentrate on his football and not have the expectancy of captaincy on his shoulders he would out in performances like today on a more regular basis.

He is too quiet for a captain, imo, and I felt we were for large parts of the second half today rudderless and as such that is the captains responsibility.

Have to totally agree with you. Berra is still settling into his game and doesnt need the added hassle of being responsible for keeping chins up when times are hard. Replacement captain......... now thats a tough one. For me it would have to be Banks.:)

awadooningorgie2

If Berra is not playing with Zaliukas for a while I feel he may start to move forward again. Lack of team spirit, communication and confidence when they are on the pitch together.

Here's hoping Karipidis can carry on as he did today - we looked more solid today than we have for a while.

Far too quiet on the pitch ,fair enough the captiancy was forced upon him.

But reckon it does him no favours at all.

Alternatives?

Not usually in favour of keepers being captains.But Stevie Banks has the correct attitude ,fight and feelings for the club.

Archived