Groundhog Day

vegas-voss

Frail in todays Star saying a lack of quality has wrecked Hearts season.Of course he is right but he said exactly the same thing last season and i would be pretty sure he would have a little say in bringing Nade to the club and while he is moaning about quality he still plays one of our poorest performers in Elliot every chance he gets.

But unfortunatly he is right.Truth is though it's not just in the playing staff we lack quality it's in the whole management structure at Hearts so therefore he must shoulder some of the blame.

Oh and while im at it has he not been telling us all season that with the quality we have in the side we should not be in the position we are.

I think the lack of application is every bit as significant as the "quality" thats been on show.

Sorry, but the QUALITY of players we have at the minute should at very least have strolled in to the top 6 this season. I'd suggest that we still actually have players who are capable of being good enough to merit a challenge for third spot.

The BIGGEST fault at the club is the attitude of the players. None of them look interested or at all bothered what happens.

Given a proper boot up the erse, those players SHOULD be good enough.

Applying themselves properly, those players SHOULD be good enough.

The one place where the lack of quality is REALLY hurting us is in the managerial positions. Thats where we're not good enough.

Mild-Mannered James

There's a real lack of quality up front. Beyond that, I agree with Erik, we should have strolled to at least fifth with competent management.

Quality in comparison to who exactly? If we're being measured against the OF then yes, fine...but not when it comes to the rest of the SPL. Despite where we're sitting in the league table, I agree with Erik that in general, the players we had at our disposal should have been good enough to keep us in the top half. That didn't happen and I think that there isn't just one reason for that...we can't simply point the finger at one or two individuals...it was a combination of things that ultimately left us where we are now and the players (both collectively and individually) need to shoulder a fair part of the blame.

Hilary Briss
he still plays one of our poorest performers in Elliot every chance he gets.

Thats the crux of the problem.......guys like Elliott & Robbie are not good enough but they always get a game. As has been said a million times we need a new man in who will have the ballons to drop these guys and either bring in better players or give a few youngsters a chance.

Also, now we are in bottom 6 he must give the laddies a chance.

Guest JamboRobbo
Quality in comparison to who exactly? If we're being measured against the OF then yes, fine...but not when it comes to the rest of the SPL. Despite where we're sitting in the league table, I agree with Erik that in general, the players we had at our disposal should have been good enough to keep us in the top half. That didn't happen and I think that there isn't just one reason for that...we can't simply point the finger at one or two individuals...it was a combination of things that ultimately left us where we are now and the players (both collectively and individually) need to shoulder a fair part of the blame.

Little point blaming the pawns when the kings and queens didn't do their job properly IMO.

Without the Kings and Queens doing their job properly, the pawns are ****ing in the wind trying to make any real difference.

Dr. Bapswent
Little point blaming the pawns when the kings and queens didn't do their job properly IMO.

Without the Kings and Queens doing their job properly, the pawns are ****ing in the wind trying to make any real difference.

Why cant they both take some responsibility?

I think its fair to say they both fell short.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why cant they both take some responsibility?

I think its fair to say they both fell short.

I agree they both fell short. And I'd have no problem getting rid of any of the players we have now. None of them are exceptionally good, and in general, they don't appear to have a particularly good attitude. So if you're saying we should get rid of any of the players, I agree.

But what I don't agree with is blaming them. Cause the players didn't sign themselves on big money contracts, and they didn't choose to do start jumps for pre season, or train themselves, and they didn't pick themselves in the team. In that respect, they are just the pawns, and the responsibility has to lie with those who made the decisions.

I agree they both fell short. And I'd have no problem getting rid of any of the players we have now. None of them are exceptionally good, and in general, they don't appear to have a particularly good attitude. So if you're saying we should get rid of any of the players, I agree.

But what I don't agree with is blaming them. Cause the players didn't sign themselves on big money contracts, and they didn't choose to do start jumps for pre season, or train themselves, and they didn't pick themselves in the team. In that respect, they are just the pawns, and the responsibility has to lie with those who made the decisions.

That's the thing...they can't be blamed for everything and nor would I suggest that they are...but I feel totally justified in blaming them for starting off the apathy thing long before the fans picked up on it. Yes, it must have been difficult for them but regardless of what was going on behind the scenes, once they're out there on the pitch there's only one thing they need to do and unfortunately, that's where so many of them let us down. And not just once either, but time and time again. Even if you make allowances for the upheaval and other nonsense behind the scenes, we've all seen matches this season where certain individuals just haven't pulled their weight.

They're not at the root of the problem but they're certainly not blameless either.

Guest JamboRobbo
That's the thing...they can't be blamed for everything and nor would I suggest that they are...but I feel totally justified in blaming them for starting off the apathy thing long before the fans picked up on it.

Thats where we differ. IMO, Apathy amongst players happens as a result of poor management. Good management prevents it.

Yes, it must have been difficult for them but regardless of what was going on behind the scenes, once they're out there on the pitch there's only one thing they need to do and unfortunately, that's where so many of them let us down. And not just once either, but time and time again. Even if you make allowances for the upheaval and other nonsense behind the scenes, we've all seen matches this season where certain individuals just haven't pulled their weight.

I think once they are out on the pitch, it's too late to change what has being going on all season. e.g. if Nade ain't fit enough, he ain't gonna be able to run about for 90 minutes, no matter how much he tries.

It's all down to the preperation, the direction, and the fine details. And that all comes from the top.

They're not at the root of the problem but they're certainly not blameless either.

We're in agreement there. The players ain't the root of the problem.

The players ain't the root of the problem.

Exactly.

I think we have more roots than a mile long hedgerow to be honest.

Archived