Throw in the 19s , Now or Never

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Surely if the Hearts management have half a brain they will fast track

our most promising under 19s and other top prospects from the academy now .

Also i would like to see a positive attacking formation 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

With giving the kids a run of 3-4 games each and not just the last 10 minutes

of a match it might just show up the senior members of the squad for what

they really are and say goodbye to our weakest links .

There really is no excuse for Frail not to play attacking football however i am

not convinced he has the power to do so with Anatoly breathing down his neck

i'm not covinced about playing youngsters for the run in.. granted the team we've got just now is no good. make some changes but i was at the reserve game last week to watch what was a very young team.. and to be honest they did not look good.. hardly any of them would be able to step up at the moment.. and i think it would do them more harm than good..

i dont go to many reserve games or u 19 games so i'm not sure of they're names.. the 2 centre halfs done quite well a few mistakes but they're no better than berra karipidus or tall.. the 2 full backs didn't look the best to be honest.. though the number 2 left back was the better of the 2..

midfield screpis ivaskevicius.. screpis looked pretty good and would be a lot better with better players round him, i would give him a start.. the 2 wingers i think one was wagner he was woefull and thats being kind to him no where near good enough. the other winger was better put in some good balls but had no pace and never tried to beat anyone all day..

the strikers... i've heard alot about gary glen think he was 9.. first time i've seen him so it might of just been a bad game... but he doesn't look anywhere near ready for a first team start.. some really poor decision making and pretty much no movement off the ball that was both strikers though.. would like to find out the name of the other guy.. number 10..

the only person that should get a first team start for the run in was the sub that came on and played centre midfield number 15 i think it was ryan McGowan he was very good looked a real prospect.. don't know why he didn't start to be honest..

so what i'm saying is theres no point flooding the team with u 19's for the run in cause they're not good enough.. though i would put in McGowan and screpis

It's what most other clubs do when they have 5 or 6 games left with nothing to play.But if you listen to Frail he still thinks we have everything to play for so i would not expect much.

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd rather watch Gary Glen try his best and not quite be ready yet, than watch Christian Nade waddle around like he doesn't wanna be there.

I'd rather watch Ryan McGowan have a go at CH and see whether he has any talent, than watch Zaliklueless haul peoples jerseys and slice the ball out of the pitch all day.

I'd rather look at Jamie McDonald and see whether he has the ability of our last young keeper to come through (CG), than watch Steve Banks and Anthony Basso battle over which one of them is the least mediocre.

Results are irrelevent now, so there seems no point in continuing putting the mediocre rubbish out on the park like we ahve done all season, just cause they are slightly better than our 17 or 18 year old kids right now.....

Commander Harris
I'd rather watch Gary Glen try his best and not quite be ready yet, than watch Christian Nade waddle around like he doesn't wanna be there.

I'd rather watch Ryan McGowan have a go at CH and see whether he has any talent, than watch Zaliklueless haul peoples jerseys and slice the ball out of the pitch all day.

I'd rather look at Jamie McDonald and see whether he has the ability of our last young keeper to come through (CG), than watch Steve Banks and Anthony Basso battle over which one of them is the least mediocre.

agreed.

just want to emphasise that you are spot on with the keepers too, the majority opinion seems to have been that Banks is a very competent keeper and Basso is a disaster area - when in reality there is very little between the two of them.

jamboinglasgow

Results are irrelevent now, so there seems no point in continuing putting the mediocre rubbish out on the park like we ahve done all season, just cause they are slightly better than our 17 or 18 year old kids right now.....

totally agree with you, relegation has been decided so there is no one going to accuse us of giving teams an unfair adavantage over places. Even Killie are going to do this by getting their youngsters to play.

To suggest that the current players should play to see if they deserve their place is wrong. THey had a whole season to prove themselves and haven't except for a few (Jonsson, Driver, Berra, Kingston (apart from Saturday), Ruben, Miko (to an extent)) the others (elliot, Nade, Stewart, Zalikus, Neilson, Goncalves) who have played often had their chances and proved to not care.

So I would like to see a mix of experence, possible fringe players and youngsters.

in my view, the U21's who should have a chance are:

Thomson

McGowen

Rapnik

Brown

Glen

Mackle

Mr Quagmire

Aye and Basso was Mediocre on Sat. :evilno:

I was at the youth development dinner last week and I'm sad to say I've hardly heard of the youngsters. I couldn't name the next big thing like we used to years ago. Having said that, guys who've been on the bench must be due a game eg Glen, Thomson, McGowan. Nothing to play for now.

Cardiac Rucksack

Gary Glen showed on Saturday he is no where near ready for first team football. Not up to the pace of it in the slightest. Needs to bulk up and play far more often in our reserves to merit a start or a place. A very talented kid yes, ready for the first team even in this holocaust of a season. No.

I P Knightley

The suggestion to play the youngsters makes perfect sense

which is probably the reason it won't happen.

Guest JamboRobbo
Aye and Basso was Mediocre on Sat. :evilno:

Nah, he's clearly the new Craig Gordon. We should look to get him on a five year deal, our goalkeeping worries are over. :rolleyes:

And Zaliuakas is the answer at centre half, and Ivaskivicius is the man for centre midfield.

We just need to get those pesky SFA cheats off our back and the title is ours - as we clearly have the players required to do the job.

Reading posts like yours makes me think some Hearts fans DESERVE the rubbish we've been served up over the past 2 years.

I can confidently predict that there will now be a war on kickback as to what youngsters deserve a game - after all the folk who watch the reserve games and u-19's are all unemployed professional coaches don't cha know?

The only change that is enforced is a new right back due to Nielson being out suspended. Will Frail play young Thompson with his whole career ahead of him or out of contract in two months Tall?

I know where my money would be going...

chickalittle

Thomson came off injured in last weeks reserve match - don't know how bad it was but hopefully he will be fit to step in as a possible replacement for Nielson - deserves his chance.

bigbryanthejambo

I totally agree with the above posts but the fact of the matter is.

It makes FAR TOO MUCH SENSE to happen at our club.

When was the last time you can remember Vlad and Frail making a sensible decision between them?

WE WANT TO SEE THE YOUNGSTERS....WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF THE STATUS QUO. GET IT SORTED!

Archived