Velicka

MrBones

I think he's the best striker we've had in years. I can't understand the people who wouldn't care if he goes. I also can't understand the folk who thinks he's lazy. The guy is brilliant. If he wasn't a Lith, we'd all love him.

in my time following hearts, we've had 3 real goalscorers, Donald Ford, Robbo and now Velicka, we're up sh** creek without Andrius, no way should he be allowed to leave

I think he's the best striker we've had in years. I can't understand the people who wouldn't care if he goes. I also can't understand the folk who thinks he's lazy. The guy is brilliant. If he wasn't a Lith, we'd all love him.

Tjought he had a very stong game today. He leads the line so well and you can often see his frustration at being a stpe or two ahead of his team mates.

Great goal scorer, sometimes stays down too long though....

I always remember a game when he was frusted when he was subbed and kicked the oor willie white bucket....

24 goals in 51 games for Hearts.

Quite a few of those are sub appearances, and a lot of games he spends the whole time up front on his own with no support, so that is some record!

Some fans keep shouting for a penalty box striker, well, we have one!

We just need to sort other areas of the team out.

He's now proving he's more than a lazy poacher.

He's leading the line for us now and clearly cares about the club.

Our best striker in both this season and last season.

He blows Robbos stats out of the window IMO.

Will wait till he scores his next 290 odd goals before i pass judgement on that one.

Nucky Thompson
Will wait till he scores his next 290 odd goals before i pass judgement on that one.
He won't get the chance:)I'm talking about goals to games ratio.

in my time following hearts, we've had 3 real goalscorers, Donald Ford, Robbo and now Velicka, we're up sh** creek without Andrius, no way should he be allowed to leave

Ditto!!

I can't really understand why some people don't rate him! I love the guy!

Don't care if he doesn't do much outside the box - he scores goals! And they aren't all scuffed finishes from 2 yards. He is a very good finisher.

Isn't it weird how a Lithuanian always seems to score the winnner against the Reptiles?

Vela today, Big Zal in the diddy cup gatecrash at ER, Miko last Xmas in the Deano red card game etc....

givememychoice

until he breaks robbos total, people will always say he is not as good.

Ignore his better goal/game ratio. Only 16 players have a better ratio per game in our entire history...and 8 of those 16 played less than 8 games.

when was the last time outside of robbo that our top goalscorer got more than 20 in a season?

2007 12 Velicka

2006 12 Velicka

2005 17 Hartley/skacel

2004 15 Hartley

2003 15 De Vries

2002 15 De Vries

2001 9 Mckenna

2000 16 Cameron

1999 15 McSwegan

1998 10 Adam/Hamilton

1997 15 Hamilton

1996 19 Robbo

1995 14 Robbo

1994 14 Robbo

1993 12 Robbo

1992 15 Robbo

1991 20 Robbo

1990 16 Robbo

1989 22 Robbo

1988 11 Ferguson

1987 31 Robbo

1986 19 Robbo

1985 25 Robbo

i could probably go further.

I would hazzard a guess that his ratio of goals / appearances over in Glasgow will be second to none in the modern era :cool:

Thought he ran his heart out today too..........a long way from the 'blawn oot his erse' figure we've seen in the past :)

Captain Canada

He's been immense this season - gives it his all in every game and can finish from just about anywhere. The number of goals he's scored this season so far is amazing given the service and support he's had. We must hold onto him at all costs.

He looks much fitter now than he did last season and he knows where the goals are.

Right now we couldn't afford to lose him.

The guy has his deficiencies but you can't argue with his record. When he first arrived i didn't rate him in the same class as Bednar or Jankauskas. Glad to say he has won me over. Definitely now a key player IMO.

The one thing that makes him even better is that he scores in the big games. Away to the old firm, home to the old firm, away to Aberdeen, home to aberdeen, away to Hibs, home to Hibs.

One of the guys I get a lift to the games with proclaims to hate all Lithuanian's becuase "they are cheats" and he would rather see Jamie Mole upfront than Velicka. By the time he has said this I am blowing a gasket. Then he is going on about Skacel saying that he always played fairly. Skacel was great. No doubt about it but even I can admit he didn't exactly play fairly. i.e. This guy is talking about staying on your feet etc.

givememychoice
De Vries scored 30 goals for us!????!!

33....his return was slightly better than 1 goal in every 3 games (he played 91 games)

He blows Robbos stats out of the window IMO.

Woosh!

Velicka is good and doing well, once he has played for us for a few years and maintained his strike rate then you can consider going down that line. We are a good few years away from that right now.

The one thing that makes him even better is that he scores in the big games. Away to the old firm, home to the old firm, away to Aberdeen, home to aberdeen, away to Hibs, home to Hibs.

One of the guys I get a lift to the games with proclaims to hate all Lithuanian's becuase "they are cheats" and he would rather see Jamie Mole upfront than Velicka. By the time he has said this I am blowing a gasket. Then he is going on about Skacel saying that he always played fairly. Skacel was great. No doubt about it but even I can admit he didn't exactly play fairly. i.e. This guy is talking about staying on your feet etc.

that would be jambo robbo then? ;)

Chad Sexington

The boy is superb.

He'll get 20 goals this season in a team that's had all sorts of trouble.

True quality and we need to hold on to him.

The boy is superb.

He'll get 20 goals this season in a team that's had all sorts of trouble.

True quality and we need to hold on to him.

he will hit 20 this season as long as he doesnt get injured , needs a decent partner up front helping him out .:)

Scores too many goals in my opinion :sarcasm:

What I like most is not just that Velicka scores goals for us - but that he genuinely loves playing here - witness his reaction when he scores, or at the final whistle.

Only problem we have is that proven strikers are always noticed. We MUST resist any bids for Andrius that are not silly, silly money.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Great player with a great attitude. Loves playing and scoring in the maroon jersey.

He should be given more of a chance at international level.

He must be embarassed by wasters like Nade and Pinilla.

Francis Albert

In 40 years I don't think I've seen a Hearts player who I would be more confident would score when going in one-on-one on the keeper.

In 40 years I don't think I've seen a Hearts player who I would be more confident would score when going in one-on-one on the keeper.

John Robertson?

Willie Gibson? ;)

Archived