Home advantage

roger_the_pessimist

roger_the_pessimist

I appreciate that this has always been a massive factor in football but I don't really understand why it makes such a difference in derbies. We always start dreadfully at ER, bottle it basically, and more often than not Hibs do likewise at Tynie. That's what happened today. They weren't at the races in the first half.

You'd think that in a derby, with a large and noisy away crowd cheering them on, that home advantage wouldn't be as significant an issue but it always is.

Interestingly (and depressingly) the ref gave us nothing in the first half whereas they normally favour the home side in derbies and this has a big bearing on the outcome. I refuse to believe that there's a conspiracy against us, we're not that important, but refs have definitely changed with regards to Hearts. We always used to get the 50-50s at home but not anymore. In every game this season I've been raging at halftime but they seem to try to even things up in the second half, like they're tricking is into thinking we're just being paranoid! :wacko:

Not so much a conspiracy against Hearts as against the "reputation" of our Lithuanian players, who basically get nothing from refs. Every foul against them is classed a dive. Meanwhile good honest Scottish pros like Nish and Clarkson in recent weeks can get away with whatever they like.

Not so much a conspiracy against Hearts as against the "reputation" of our Lithuanian players, who basically get nothing from refs. Every foul against them is classed a dive. Meanwhile good honest Scottish pros like Nish and Clarkson in recent weeks can get away with whatever they like.

to be fair some of the lithuanians do dive , but hay lots of scottish players do to

JennytheJambo

We are not paranoid, the refs lately have been so biased towards us that it is becoming more and more obvious, if this was happening to the OF week in and week out it would be highlighted but when we mention it, it is the big P that is thrown at us.

We were playing well in the 1st half, we got the goal, then the penalty incident where Velicka was booked. We knew then that the decisions were going to go against us and this must effect the players, It beats me how Benji and Murray didn't receive a yellow card.

Archived