Aberdeen Nightlife...

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Going up in a few weeks for my 21st with another 15 bodies, went up in february and went to the priory, vodka rev bar and tiger tiger, could anybody suggest any good bars clubs to go to, we are going up on the saturday. Sensible feedback appreciated!

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

You going for food first?

Strictly bevvy only.

Dont go to the titty bar's. I know someone who ended up paying over ?50 for a dance

well i only pay 10 quid, as everyone does, your mate must have been gagging and drooling for the girl. im from aberdeen

i tend to end up in espionage, just round the corner from rev and wodka bar. that area that you mention is the better place, for students etc, the higher class area if you like is up towards the other end, paramount, prohibition, dusk. that places are more your cocktail bars. hope this helps

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Always love a bit of Exodus, despite being about 10 years older than the clientele in there. :ninja:

And how old are you?

I second this suggestion. Good tunes and lovely ladies. (Even if they are primarily 18-22!)

Always love a bit of Exodus, despite being about 10 years older than the clientele in there. :ninja:

Why are you going to Aberdeen for your 21st birthday? What a terrible decision!

Exodus is probably your best option if you're all aged about 21, although it depends what kind of music you're into.

well i only pay 10 quid, as everyone does, your mate must have been gagging and drooling for the girl. im from aberdeen

If you're from Aberdeen its probably someone elses tenner lol

There was a couple done at the same time, just kept on dancing. Probbaly lasted aslong as 5 tenner dances

I second this suggestion. Good tunes and lovely ladies. (Even if they are primarily 18-22!)

You're only saying that because you got a handy on the dancefloor...

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Why are you going to Aberdeen for your 21st birthday? What a terrible decision!

Exodus is probably your best option if you're all aged about 21, although it depends what kind of music you're into.

We have kicked the arse out of newcastle and its too last minute for manchester, liverpool etc plus we had probably our best night out last time we were up, just want to try a few new places.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

What night of the week are you going up? Are you all about the same age?

Going up on the saturday.

The group age is between 20-26

Patrick Bateman

Going to Aberdeen for anything other than football, University or to work out in the North sea?

:facepalm:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Aberdeen

:cornette:

could have went down England for about the same price. cancel the trip and get your mum down to asda to buy some balloons and sausage rolls for the house. it'll be a disaster.

Sterling Archer

Can I ask what's wrong with Glasgow?

**awaits torrent of abuse**

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Can I ask what's wrong with Glasgow?

**awaits torrent of abuse**

A few of the boys im going up with have been to glasgow and said it was toleys. As mentioned earlier, we all had an absolute mess-fest last time we were up thats why we opted for aberdeen.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

A few of the boys im going up with have been to glasgow and said it was toleys. As mentioned earlier, we all had an absolute mess-fest last time we were up thats why we opted for aberdeen.

:rofl:

what a lash hound

The People's Chimp

:rofl:

what a lash hound

Probably met up with Dalton and all the other skitehounds.

Choo choo.

Glasgow is a really good night out so your pals most likely chose the completely wrong place to go to

Chris Benoit

Last time I went to Aberdeen it started snowing and I spotted some **** skiing down Union road :vrface:

Also there was nobody in the titty bar that would justify spending ?50 even if they threw in a gam

Finally whoever told you a night out in Glagow is toleys and would then go along with spending a 21st in Aberdeen shouldn't have their opinions listened to

Ray Winstone

Going up on the saturday.

The group age is between 20-26

Ok...a nice wee run down for you:

Bars:

Belmont Street Bars: Plenty of bars on this street as you will remember from last time you were up:

Ones to go to = Vodka Rev, Siberia, Enigma, Triple Kirks, Slains

Ones to avoid = Wild Boar, Drummonds

Other Bars in the town to go to = Atheneum, Tonik, Paramount, Korova Bar, Monkey House, Soul Bar, Archie Simpsons (pretty much Weatherspoons in Aberdeen) (Dusk, Orchid and Amicus Apple providing you are well dressed but probably not great for a stag party as they can be expensive)

Bars in the town to avoid = Wilson's, Snuggery, Gaslamp (all Market Street) Abercrombie Bar, Prohabition

I would stick to Belmont Street early doors, probably the busiest place to be and as I said plenty of places to duck in and out of.

Clubs:

Belmont Street Clubs - Priory (AVOID - free entry and that means scum central) and Exodus (good if you are into the Indie scene, also free, but it's pretty small and it can take a long time to get served)

Liquid - another 'chav fest' think Cav/City in Edinburgh on a Saturday night - definitely to be avoided.

Snafu - (another 'alternative venue) don't know much about their Saturday nights.

Espionage - pretty similar to the one in Edinburgh, free entry with different music on every floor, can get pretty violent inside at the weekend, expect to see a police van outside the whole night.

Korova Klub - They have a Saturday night called 'Candybox' probably one of the busiest in the city on this night, usually ?5 entry, if you find them on Facebook you can arrange guestlist etc, you won't get much trouble there

Pearl Lounge - same owners as Priory, and a similar 'chavy' crowd, their Saturdays are called 'Socialite' again if you find them on Facebook you can probably arrange guestlist etc.

Aurem - selling themselves as an expensive 'high class' nightclub on a Saturday night, doorstaff are not to be crossed they can get pretty angry if they don't like you.

Bad Apple - Another selling themsevles as a high end club, very picky on their dress policy and expensive drinks.

Bablyon - this is where you go on a Saturday night to pick up a 'cougar' more of a 30+ crowd

Albyn - See above but more 40+ for age group

For a stag party in your age range I would say Korova Klub or Pearl are probably your best bet for good nights.

:thumbsup: - ENJOY YOUR MESS-FEST.

Jesus wept :facepalm: Did they go to Glasgow more than once before deciding this?

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Ok...a nice wee run down for you:

Bars:

Belmont Street Bars: Plenty of bars on this street as you will remember from last time you were up:

Ones to go to = Vodka Rev, Siberia, Enigma, Triple Kirks, Slains

Ones to avoid = Wild Boar, Drummonds

Other Bars in the town to go to = Atheneum, Tonik, Paramount, Korova Bar, Monkey House, Soul Bar, Archie Simpsons (pretty much Weatherspoons in Aberdeen) (Dusk, Orchid and Amicus Apple providing you are well dressed but probably not great for a stag party as they can be expensive)

Bars in the town to avoid = Wilson's, Snuggery, Gaslamp (all Market Street) Abercrombie Bar, Prohabition

I would stick to Belmont Street early doors, probably the busiest place to be and as I said plenty of places to duck in and out of.

Clubs:

Belmont Street Clubs - Priory (AVOID - free entry and that means scum central) and Exodus (good if you are into the Indie scene, also free, but it's pretty small and it can take a long time to get served)

Liquid - another 'chav fest' think Cav/City in Edinburgh on a Saturday night - definitely to be avoided.

Snafu - (another 'alternative venue) don't know much about their Saturday nights.

Espionage - pretty similar to the one in Edinburgh, free entry with different music on every floor, can get pretty violent inside at the weekend, expect to see a police van outside the whole night.

Korova Klub - They have a Saturday night called 'Candybox' probably one of the busiest in the city on this night, usually ?5 entry, if you find them on Facebook you can arrange guestlist etc, you won't get much trouble there

Pearl Lounge - same owners as Priory, and a similar 'chavy' crowd, their Saturdays are called 'Socialite' again if you find them on Facebook you can probably arrange guestlist etc.

Aurem - selling themselves as an expensive 'high class' nightclub on a Saturday night, doorstaff are not to be crossed they can get pretty angry if they don't like you.

Bad Apple - Another selling themsevles as a high end club, very picky on their dress policy and expensive drinks.

Bablyon - this is where you go on a Saturday night to pick up a 'cougar' more of a 30+ crowd

Albyn - See above but more 40+ for age group

For a stag party in your age range I would say Korova Klub or Pearl are probably your best bet for good nights.

:thumbsup: - ENJOY YOUR MESS-FEST.

Thanks very much bud, I will enjoy the mess-fest! Put it this way charlie sheen would be in his scratcher by half 11!

deesidejambo

Too many toothless Neds getting wide on Union St these days.

Get a train to Birmingham. Massive town centre traffic-free and well policed so the scum don't get too raj.

• Moderators

Please keep the thread on topic. Several posts have been removed, and if any more have to be deleted then members will be getting warnings or suspensions.

The People's Chimp

Going to be in Aberdeen this weekend, also for a stag. Bit of a Uni reunion and will be revisiting numerous old haunts. Should be a good laugh.

Funny seeing The Wild Boar on a list to avoid. It used to be a really decent bar when it had the old steamie fittings about 10 years ago. Now it's like an Edwards.

I'll never set foot in Liquid after the ruined one of the best clubs around (The Palace). Dicks.

The People's Chimp

Funny seeing The Wild Boar on a list to avoid. It used to be a really decent bar when it had the old steamie fittings about 10 years ago. Now it's like an Edwards.

I'll never set foot in Liquid after the ruined one of the best clubs around (The Palace). Dicks.

This. Thursdays in the Palace were epic.

Might need to head into exodus tonight if they're dishing out handies on the dancefloor nowadays.

Archived