Zalukas ? Not even SPL Standard

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Got to be the worst central defender in the SPL , complete passenger , costly mistakes in every game , does not even have the basics

How he is even captain of our club is a mystery

Sorry, that's shite. Zal was the only player who was willing to initiate an attack in the first half and he defended pretty well I thought barring their second goal where he went to sleep a bit. Again, like in the Obua/Mrowiec thread, people look to the usual scapegoats when there are far more deserving players who deserve the criticism, namely Ian Black and Ryan Stevenson.

rudi must stay

Got to be the worst central defender in the SPL , complete passenger , costly mistakes in every game , does not even have the basics

how can a defender be a passenger? It's a position where your always involved in the match

Grainger at fault for first and Hamill for second today.

Maybe you should look at who was meant to marking the goal scorer on both occasions. He went to sleep twice and lost his man.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I thought he started quite well today. Bizarrely, he's been our only player with a bit of forward drive recently.

You're talking utter shite.

If you want to take your anger out on an Eastern European, rather than an honest Scottish lad, then take it out on Mrowiec.

Haven't seen it yet but assuming you are correct and they were the main culprits this does not all of a sudden make Zal a decent central defender does it - that is a classic point the finger tactic to deflect away from the real issue.

If Kyle is ever to return I'd make him captain and let big zal concentrate on his own game. Last season I thought Webster would do a good job but seems to be out the team more than he's in it.

Sorry, that's shite. Zal was the only player who was willing to initiate an attack in the first half and he defended pretty well I thought barring their second goal where he went to sleep a bit. Again, like in the Obua/Mrowiec thread, people look to the usual scapegoats when there are far more deserving players who deserve the criticism, namely Ian Black and Ryan Stevenson.

ross the gap between the centrebacks for the 2nd goal was laughable,schoolboy stuff,at best and for the 1st goal he totally switched off,and thats being kind......................

he has good physic and does look good for large periods of the game,but his consentration levels for a professional footballer are truely appalling.fans just dont seem to understand how important consentration is in the modern game, he will always look reasonably in periods of a game then there will be a faux pas,no manager worth his salt could/should tolerate such chronic failings in a defender..................

Howdy Doody Jambo

In general not just today , Zalukas at fault for the first and second today , Ayr last Wednesday

Come on stop trying to stick up for him , he is pants

His primary focus has to be able to defend but he had no idea where Sheridan was at the first and in the lead up to the second he challenged a header he was never going to win. Indeed he would have been better giving away a foul by going through the back of whoever it was he was challenging - It was probably Sheridan who ended up scoring.

But I agree he was the only one trying to do anything constructively from the back. Grainger and Hamill were also at fault for the goals for slackness as well, and everyone else (MacDonald apart and his contribution from feet was poor) was honking.

Obua deserves criticism for continually switching off and Mrowiec for slowing everything down(he's not the only one) because he's got the first touch of a one legged elephant.

As for Black - he's everything that is wrong with Scottish football. His challenge for his booking was sheer stupidity. But if you only have 2 brain cells bouncing around in your head, common sense will prove challenging.

No point trying to debate facts with these guys mate.

They made their minds up that it was Zals fault before the game even started.

Zaliukas is our Amoruso...often outdoes good work with glaring mistakes or bad decisions....

so what do you do? Keep a guy who can be solid most of the time but will cost us a few points per season? or a cup exit :rolleyes:

You're talking utter shite.

If you want to take your anger out on an Eastern European, rather than an honest Scottish lad, then take it out on Mrowiec.

What has is nationality got to do with it ?

Poor show if you can only throw in that as a justification that the boy was talking crap - at least try and justify your comment with some footballing reason instead of the the race card.

Played his part in their two goals, Grainger and Hammil also played a part.

Zal though stopped a few St.J attacks and was the only plyer willung to drive forward or find his man with a 50yrd pass.

Now if others, mainly the midfield, took some responsibility then maybe he could solely concentrate more on his own job.

Now what is the ops thoughts on Blacks contribution, as obviously he think he had a better game.

ToadKiller Dog

Thought it was Grainger at fault for the first though Zal didnt look to smart at least Zal showed some interest in the game and at times the only one looking to defend or move the ball forward unlike the others around him who looked like they should have still been in bed .

Played his part in their two goals, Grainger and Hammil also played a part.

Zal though stopped a few St.J attacks and was the only plyer willung to drive forward or find his man with a 50yrd pass.

Now if others, mainly the midfield, took some responsibility then maybe he could solely concentrate more on his own job.

Now what is the ops thoughts on Blacks contribution, as obviously he think he had a better game.

thats the problem g. his consentration levels are truely appalling for a professional footballer..................

he does look a reasonable player for the most part but he has chronic consentration problems throughout the 90mins,a failing that no manager should tolerate at this level because a faux pas could be around the corner at any minute...............

Behave. For all his faults he'd walk into 70+% of SPL teams squads.

He certainly does the walk bit well - strolls around like Billy Big Time thinking he is a hell of a lot better player than he really is which is at the root of most of his howlers,

Btw - if he could rid himself of the laid back Mr Cool attiude I think he might just be a decent player, as he does have some decent attributes.It is his decision making that is wrong and causing the problem, he really needs to wise up on when to play a bit and when to clear his lines, he is playing far too high a risk strategy and it is not doing him or the team any good.

He certainly does the walk bit well - strolls around like Billy Big Time thinking he is a hell of a lot better player than he really is which is at the root of most of his howlers,

Btw - if he could rid himself of the laid back Mr Cool attiude I think he might just be a decent player, as he does have some decent attributes.It is his decision making that is wrong and causing the problem, he really needs to wise up on when to play a bit and when to clear his lines, he is playing far too high a risk strategy and it is not doing him or the team any good.

Sounds a lot more like his defensive partner.

Thought he was our best player today.

Look, Zaliukas was doing things that centre-backs should be able to do. He fell asleep way too often. As stated he had no idea about the position of Sheridan for the second. A huge blunder for a centre-back imo. There were times against Sandaza where he was just doing nothing, he couldn't get up for headers a lot of the game. His leadership is just non-existent, and yeh Captains arguably have a lesser role these days, but he is the worst captain this team has had for ages. Yes he gets forward, but when he does he invariably looses the ball and then the team suffers due to his being out of position. He is a bomb-scare, a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. He's been poor since he arrived, and his continued appearances for us baffle me. I'd rather have Bouzid and Webster at the back. But since we don't have him I think we'd be better with Jonsson and Webster at the back. Zaliukas is just not as good as many have said he is for the past few years.

Zal may not be the best defender, however sadly at the moment, he is probably the fittest and one of the best players in our team. :down:

but we've seen what he can do when he's in form and imo he's just going through a bad stage. :symf:

Sounds a lot more like his defensive partner.

I wouldn't deny that at times he too is afflicted by the same problem but if (and I know it is a big if) Webster has his head and his fitness sorted out he is more capable than Zal. I really do believe that Zal gets his focus on doing simple things well he will be a so much better player.

I find this thread offensive in the extreme and can only imagine the hidden agenda behind it!

The easily offended bus is waiting for you - jump aboard the paranoia express !

how can a defender be a passenger? It's a position where your always involved in the match

Unless you're making bumcheek marks in the Somerset Park turf.

:whistling:

Behave. For all his faults he'd walk into 70+% of SPL teams squads.

Aye that's very well if we just want to be 3rd each year. He wouldn't walk into the OF though and that's our problem.

Or at least I thought it was until being beat by Ayr and SJ.

Wrong. Zal was dreaming for the 1st, lost a header to Sheriden for the 2nd then failed to track Sheriden as they waltzed through the centre of defence (again).

Absolute shite as per from Zaliukas bashers, you want someone to blame how about Stephen annoynomous Elliott, worst forward since gary wales.

Absolute shite as per from Zaliukas bashers, you want someone to blame how about Stephen annoynomous Elliott, worst forward since gary wales.

Whole team was shit but none worse than our captain.

The reality is both Webster and Zaliuckas are more than decent SPL clubs, both are prone to the odd error or injury and this is why they are at Hearts earning SPL wages.

However both on their day are up there with the best SPL centre halfs and if where just that bit better would be playing at a much higher level.

Can we just have a sub-forum so we don't have these threads cluttering up the board EVERY FECKING WEEK.

Or at least some 'We </3 Zaliukas' superthread.

Whole team was shit but none worse than our captain.

Really?

Zal was poor, but frightingly, still the best Hearts player on the park.

How did you think the midfield maestro Black performed?

rudi must stay

Unless you're making bumcheek marks in the Somerset Park turf.

he makes mistakes, more recently than usual. But he's hardly a passanger, infact he's one of our best players IMO. We don't use him enough going forward though, he has a good direct style and is difficult to shrug off the ball.

Really?

Black took the lead from his captain.

Armadale Jambo

Really?

Got to agree with you fella. Zal hasn't been one if the worst performers over the past few weeks.

Webster, black, Elliot and hammil have been dire

So it was Zaliukas' fault that Black was shite? :laugh:

That's a new one.

So it was Zaliukas' fault that Black was shite? :laugh:

That's a new one.

About as daft as giving MoM to the guy that sold both goals.

But you still think he was better than Zaliukas?

There was a lot wrong with the goals, not just Zals part.

Pity Black didnt take a lead from Zal in trying to drive us forward.

Can't believe I am saying this but am only doing so because I believe it has been decreed that zaliukas is undropable - unless of course it is contract renewal time - but he did have a spell where he played midfield, maybe he should go back there and play the def midfield posn. If he has to be in the team this is probs the least harmful one

Can't believe I am saying this but am only doing so because I believe it has been decreed that zaliukas is undropable - unless of course it is contract renewal time - but he did have a spell where he played midfield, maybe he should go back there and play the def midfield posn. If he has to be in the team this is probs the least harmful one

Archived