Has Frail ever said he wont be the Manager

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

..........was listening to his post match interview yesterday.

He was basically being asked about his Uefa Licence ( which Hearts are paying for by the way ) and the reporter asked him if his hat was in the ring for the job on a Full Time basis.

He obviously came out with the usual "manager speak" and didn't answer the question but certainly didn't confirm that he WONT be the next manager.

Am I being overly sensitive in thinking, christ the guy might be getting the job:eek:

So has anyone actually heard Frail say he will not be the next manager of Heart of Midlothian Football Club:confused:

Clerry Jambo
I don't think he's come out and said it, but IMO, he's shown it via his actions.

Agree JR, but it worries me that he hasn't confimed he will not be the manager!

Frail will obviously want the managers job, he probally thinks he won't get it but doesn't want to rule himself out.

..........was listening to his post match interview yesterday.

He was basically being asked about his Uefa Licence ( which Hearts are paying for by the way ) and the reporter asked him if his hat was in the ring for the job on a Full Time basis.

He obviously came out with the usual "manager speak" and didn't answer the question but certainly didn't confirm that he WONT be the next manager.

Am I being overly sensitive in thinking, christ the guy might be getting the job:eek:

So has anyone actually heard Frail say he will not be the next manager of Heart of Midlothian Football Club:confused:

he has to wait until august to start his football badge at uefa

mcglynn,mccoist and owen coyle are working at the finals to complete there badge , hearts paid for first year for john mcglynn

cant see frail being no 1 in the dugout at most with water bottles...;)

Drew Busby !

Hearts are paying the costs of his licence.

He's paid his loyalty dues to VR ... and VR likes and rewards that kind of loyalty. So whatever happens, Frail is going nowhere soon. And lets not forget that the (ahem) new manager is expected to work alongisde Frail and Korabotchup.

If theres scope for dispensation that allows Frail to manage whilst taking his badges, then it would surprise none of us to see Hearts pursue that route when they unsuprisingly fail to find a manager anywhere in the world who is good enough for this club.

Jambo Hoggie

When I heard that Hearts were putting Frail through his UEFA license I thought that and still do think he'll get the managers job which is frightening. I like Frail and hope he stays at Hearts but in a coaching role and certainly not as boss.

Can I ask why its an issue that Hearts are paying for his licence? Most employers pay to send you on training courses and football teams are no different.

Can I ask why its an issue that Hearts are paying for his licence? Most employers pay to send you on training courses and football teams are no different.

i dont see the issue either its an expense that hearts can claim back, all teams do it.

personally i dont think hes a great manager but like everybody if your getting it for nothing take it.

Clerry Jambo

Not trying to make it an issue but Frail was very grateful to Hearts for doing this as though it is NOT the normal - but I'm not sure if the club would normally pay for this type of thing.:confused:

Not trying to make it an issue but Frail was very grateful to Hearts for doing this as though it is NOT the normal - but I'm not sure if the club would normally pay for this type of thing.:confused:

If it costs 2k to go on the course I think I would be grateful too! I know what you are saying but from what I gather nearly all clubs put their coaches through it and pay the costs, so this isnt an unusual step. It doesnt benefit any team to have unqualified coaches does it?

Listening to a few of his interviews I always get the reaction that he is constantly defending himself and trying to suttley that he has done enough to be manager.

All this talk about our form. If it was that good then we would be in the top six.

I will be renewing but the closet thing to making me think twice about it would be the appointment of Frail.

A few things frail has been saying recently makes me think he will be getting the job

for example on beslija quote in the scotsman

MIRSAD BESLIJA must improve both his attitude and fitness in order to re-establish himself at Hearts next season, according to interim manager Stephen Frail.

Would it not be up to the new man to decide on players

Dirk Diggler
A few things frail has been saying recently makes me think he will be getting the job

for example on beslija quote in the scotsman

MIRSAD BESLIJA must improve both his attitude and fitness in order to re-establish himself at Hearts next season, according to interim manager Stephen Frail.

Would it not be up to the new man to decide on players

Possibly although I think people are reading too much into it.

Frail is offering his opinion on Beslija, He has seen him close up after all.

Frail is simply saying that Beslija would need to improve his attitude and fitness to get into the first team at Hearts regardless of who is the manager.

Or that's how i read it.

The only thing worse than Frail getting the gig full time would be some other dobber from Kaunas/The Pyramid of Sheeite being appointed IMO.

Clerry Jambo
The only thing worse than Frail getting the gig full time would be some other dobber from Kaunas/The Pyramid of Sheeite being appointed IMO.

Totally agree mate but I would feel slightly more happier if Frail came out and CONFIRMED he will not be the manager at the start of next season and although he shouldn't have to it jist leaves doubts in all our minds:confused:

Jambof3tornado
Totally agree mate but I would feel slightly more happier if Frail came out and CONFIRMED he will not be the manager at the start of next season and although he shouldn't have to it jist leaves doubts in all our minds:confused:

I think it will only be confirmed as not shaggy when it is confirmed that someone else has the job. Shaggy is a decent coach but is no manager(not yet anyways).

Jambof3tornado

I think it will only be confirmed as not shaggy when it is confirmed that someone else has the job. Shaggy is a decent coach but is no manager(not yet anyways).

Stupid Sexy Flanders

He can hardly confirm it himself. Is he meant to come out and say "Even if Vlad offers me the job, I'll knock him back"?

Charlie Mann is always saying when the fans find out who the manager is they'l be flocking to buy their season tickets,and i dont think that would happen if it was Frail

Geoff Kilpatrick

You shouldn't listen to Charlie Mann. He's been found out far too often.

Also of some concern is that Frail said he is looking for new players. Why?

Because we've signed up Ksnavicius and Zaliukas and they aren't good enough! So we need to bring in enough new players that Ksnavicius and Zaliukas are left in the stand!

Jambof3tornado
Also of some concern is that Frail said he is looking for new players. Why?

I wouldnt read too much into the fact he is looking at new talent,its not like Vlad would give him any money to spend. He is merely going through the motions as he is likely to remain as a coach next season.

Because we've signed up Ksnavicius and Zaliukas and they aren't good enough! So we need to bring in enough new players that Ksnavicius and Zaliukas are left in the stand!

Agreed. But shouldn't the 'new manager' be looking for players?

Here is a daft question, has frail being given a pay rise since he took over as manager ? i mean , he was a youth team coach, who then became first team coach so i think he got a pay rise there but i'm sure he is doing the manager jobs on the same salary as before. surly he is entiled to a bit of payback in terms of the club paying for his badges. IMHO i think there is no way in the world that frail will be appointed as manager, maybe if he had finished 6 and make a go for a euro slot then maybe vlad would have thought the guys done a decent job. But because he has failed (i don't blame him for this) i don't think vlad could keep him as the fans would turn on vlad ! Season tickets sales will be ****e this year which will hopefully put the message loud and clear over to vlad to get the right man in ! He will be aware how the faithful reacted to burlys appointment so he knows how much he has to gain finacially from appointing the right man.

In the press over the weekend Frail was quoted as saying.

" Whatever happens, happens.This is a proud club, and if they don't want me to be in charge next season, then I'll just have to go out and look for another job elsewhere."

I have just renewed, but if Frail get the job full time, I will have serious thoughts about going. Selling my ticket might be hard tho.:sad:

Agreed. But shouldn't the 'new manager' be looking for players?

Of course.

The practice of the owner/Sporting Director dropping in players surely has to end. The director of football/coach situation didn't work for Matt Busby/Wilf McGuiness when they had Law, Best and Charlton so why would it work when our coach has Ksnavicius and Ivaskevicius!

The model worked when Robbo was here. He found his own players in the likes of Lee Miller. And took the best of the Lithuanian players offered in Miko and Kizys. That sort of setup is fine.

But to have a situation where showcasing players and the owner demanding players play in order to maximise their sales value is a pitiful way to run a football club.

But to have a situation where showcasing players and the owner demanding players play in order to maximise their sales value is a pitiful way to run a football club.

Agreed again. But Frail said that he was looking for players.

Colonel Kurtz
Agreed again. But Frail said that he was looking for players.

god help us if we sign players

We paid ?500k for nade ....both De Vries and Nish were better signings for nothing.

Lopez went on a jaunt to South America and came back with a argie who we didnt want.

Romanov signed Besliga after seeing him playing for Bosnia against the Liths

Romanov signed Paz after seeing a game in Greece.

Christ know who saw Makela,he must have been drunk.

Geoff Kilpatrick
anybody who renews now deserves Frail as a manager next season.

Succintly put but spot on.

Guest JamboRobbo
Charlie Mann is always saying when the fans find out who the manager is they'l be flocking to buy their season tickets,and i dont think that would happen if it was Frail

And he's also said, just last week, that we don't have someone yet. As in no-one has been selected or appointed.

So which version of the Charlie Mann stories do you believe?

Is he telling the truth when he says "we haven't got anyone yet"?

Or is he telling the truth that when he says "when we hear who it is, we'll be flocking to buy season tickets"?

he has to wait until august to start his football badge at uefa

mcglynn,mccoist and owen coyle are working at the finals to complete there badge , hearts paid for first year for john mcglynn

cant see frail being no 1 in the dugout at most with water bottles...;)

Roy Keane doesnt have all his badges yet but he's in the EPL

Of course.

The practice of the owner/Sporting Director dropping in players surely has to end. The director of football/coach situation didn't work for Matt Busby/Wilf McGuiness when they had Law, Best and Charlton so why would it work when our coach has Ksnavicius and Ivaskevicius!

The model worked when Robbo was here. He found his own players in the likes of Lee Miller. And took the best of the Lithuanian players offered in Miko and Kizys. That sort of setup is fine.

How dare you criticise our leader like that. He is fabulously succesful businessman with untold wealth behind him to make our club into a mighty European ruling one with a top class manager and world cup class players playing for us.

Its not his fault we have a second rate unqualified manager,unknown players who could not care less, in the bottom six, debt increasing by the day, made such an arse of himself he can't even open his own bank.......Is it??

In reality we should be looking forward to cup finals and challenging for Europe, not looking forward to playing the likes of fuccking Gretna in the bottom fuccking six.

Gareth Southgate and Glenn Roeder also didn't have all their badges to allow them to manage in the EPL, but as they were working towards them they were allowed to keep the job, much to the chagrin of the LMA in England.

Pretty sure that the SFA and SPL have the same rules in place in that a manager MUST be qualified as I'm pretty sure the SFA were going to reject our Intertoto application cos Frail didn't have the badges.

Be interesting to see if the Scottish authorities are as relaxed as their English counterparts about this - I'd suggest not (especially with it being Hearts).

If you love a conspiracy theory I'm sure that Frail starting the course will be music to your ears - he's must be the new Hearts manager now.

PS - loved to hear Billy Dodds moaning that he has had to register as a coach with QOS in order to take his badges and fork out the 2 grand himself. How much was he making a week when at Rangers?? Of course, registering with QOS as a coach is in NO way a scam to get rid off his touchline ban....

Archived