Reggae Reggae sauce appreciation Thread

Napoleon  Wilson

Who's with me!?

reggae_reggae_jerk_bbq_sauce.jpg

Levi Roots is a God amongst men!

32037_levi_roots.jpg

I am with you brother, the finest in the whole wide world in a jar. cool.gifbravo.gif

Tommy Wiseau

Reggae Reggae on a BBQ made burger.

:jjyay:

Reggae Reggae on just about anything.

Watched him when he was on dragons den and got his deal but I have to admit that I tried it and wasn't mad keen on it myself.

Watched him when he was on dragons den and got his deal but I have to admit that I tried it and wasn't mad keen on it myself.

You my friend are a philistine, now go away into the kitchen and get some chicken breast, peppers,mushrooms,chilli,garlic and marinade in said sauce @ around about 5pm, fire up the grill, get the chicken on, baked tatties cooking slowly in the oven, fresh tossed salad, with favoured dressing, bottle of favourite red breathing in the kitchen, the jobs a 'good un'. thumbsup.gif

P.S. Bob Marley's greatest hits blasting out in the background is a must..........

Guest juvehearts

oh nut

too many different spices in it that all confuse the pallet

any experienced decent chef will tell you more than 4 /5 ingeridants in a sauce spoils the dish.

juve

oh nut

any experienced decent chef will tell you more than 4 /5 ingeridants in a sauce spoils the dish.

juve

Try telling that to someone making an Indian curry! several have anywhere up to 12 spicy's! thumbsup.gif

Napoleon  Wilson

BLASPHEMY!!!

oh nut

juve

what.pngorly.png

Tommy Wiseau

oh nut

juve

Which experienced, decent chefs have told you this about ingeridants (sic) please.

Vlad-Stupid

Caribbean curry with lamb and potatoes is a monthly occurrence in the Smith household :thumbsup:

Bert Le Clos

I even put it in my Whisky !

8de09-NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Reggae raggea sauce truly is the shizzle though. Bought some of these to combat the hangover today.

levi%20roots%20crisps.jpg

Chris Benoit

You've never had real jerk chicken until you've bought it off a guy in the side of the road cooking it in an old oil drum :thumbsup:

In Jamaica obviously just trying to see who the first to make a smart arse comment is

Still Reggae Reggae sauce comes a close second :thumbsup:

Bert Le Clos

Battle of the illiterates going on here.

Some really pednatic asreholes on JKB these days......

Some really pednatic asreholes on JKB these days......

It should just be, '...'. You have a few too many.

Ps. Reported for abuse

Bert Le Clos

It should just be, '...'. You have a few too many.

Ps. Reported for abuse

It's actually P.S. :thumbsup:

You my friend are a philistine, now go away into the kitchen and get some chicken breast, peppers,mushrooms,chilli,garlic and marinade in said sauce @ around about 5pm, fire up the grill, get the chicken on, baked tatties cooking slowly in the oven, fresh tossed salad, with favoured dressing, bottle of favourite red breathing in the kitchen, the jobs a 'good un'. thumbsup.gif

P.S. Bob Marley's greatest hits blasting out in the background is a must..........

EASY TIGER

Napoleon  Wilson

Here's a favourite of mine and cheaper alternative to a take away meal.

one of these pizzas

LN_782822_BP_10.jpg

add a wee bit of mince (or quorn) and whatever else you would want for topping.

Drown it in Reggae Reggae. Bang it in the oven.

Consume. :thumbsup:

Cut up some chicken into strips. Get some cornflour and mix it with various herbs, garlic, chili powder, salt etc. Beat a couple of eggs and dip the chicken in it, then roll the chicken in the flour mix. Fry up for about 8 minutes. Get some Reggae Reggae sauce and mix it in a bowl with honey, put your fried chicken on a baking tray then cover it in your honey BBQ sauce and cook in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, turning over and reglazing half way through.

Then you're ready to eat LP's sexual honey BBQ chicken.

Chris Benoit

Cut up some chicken into strips. Get some cornflour and mix it with various herbs, garlic, chili powder, salt etc. Beat a couple of eggs and dip the chicken in it, then roll the chicken in the flour mix. Fry up for about 8 minutes. Get some Reggae Reggae sauce and mix it in a bowl with honey, put your fried chicken on a baking tray then cover it in your honey BBQ sauce and cook in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, turning over and reglazing half way through.

Then you're ready to eat LP's sexual honey BBQ chicken.

Hate to break this to you but a bit of a shite name change and I should know I've had enough of them

Hate to break this to you but a bit of a shite name change and I should know I've had enough of them

:lol:

Can't be worse than the one I've had since I joined up when I was about 16.

Chris Benoit

:lol:

Can't be worse than the one I've had since I joined up when I was about 16.

Fair point :lol:

Must say your avatar is slightly unnerving

Tommy Wiseau

Clique hierarchy have already forwarded this memo on Crippler. Very unbecoming of a hip to the jive cat like Dr Laura, Palaeontology. <_<

Carl Spackler

Ach it's alright but ever since they started selling Goldstar Brown Sauce in a squeezy bottle in Asda I've not looked at Levi's sauce tbh.

If you want something that obliterates the taste of the actual thing you are eating this is the stuff to go for. Levi tries manfully but the weedgie sauce as adopted by Edinburgh as its own puts his reggae jazz in the shade.

Verbal warning and a week suspension from all Clique activities.

:sob:

oh nut

juve

obama-laughing.jpg

Chris Benoit

Verbal warning and a week suspension from all Clique activities.

:sob:

Leaving themselves short on numbers I can see an uprising on the cards, viv? la resistance :ninja:

and heres how to do the chicken without the bottle and E numbers by the Levi gadge

Ingredients

• 8 chicken quarters with skin
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 quantity Levi's dry jerk seasoning (see below)
  • 1 quantity Levi's juicy jerk seasoning (see below)
  • Chilli barbecue sauce or Reggae Reggae Sauce, to serve

For Levi's dry jerk seasoning

• 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
  • 1 tsp ground allspice
  • 1 tsp mixed dried savory, marjoram, oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil and tarragon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper

For Levi's juicy jerk seasoning

• 4 Scotch bonnet chillies, deseeded and chopped
  • 1 spring onion, green end only, chopped
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 2 tbsp ground allspice (pimento)
  • 2.5cm/1 inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 3 tbsp mixed dried herbs
  • 1 tbsp dried basil
  • 3 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
  • 1 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
  • 500ml/18 fl oz bottle tomato ketchup

METHOD

How to make jerk BBQ chicken

1. Rinse the chicken under cold running water, then sprinkle over the lemon juice, drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.

2. Put the chicken into a non-metallic dish. Rub in the dry seasoning, then pour on Levi's juicy jerk seasoning and turn the chicken until coated. Chill for 4 hours or overnight, if you've time.

3. Get your barbecue red-hot. Put the chicken on the barbecue, cover and cook for 10 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear when you push a knife into the centre.

4. When the chicken's thoroughly cooked, transfer to a chopping board and chop each piece into about 4 portions with the bones. Serve with chilli barbecue sauce.

? Levi Roots' Reggae Reggae cookbook

• 2 weeks later...
Napoleon  Wilson

046813.jpg?ts=634064477427

+

roast-beef-slices-thumb18161031.jpg

+

110%5C5051790298110%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

+

:thumbsup:

The Roll of Champions

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Levi Roots is a straight up beast! reggae reggae is a wrap with mattesons smoked sausage = heaven.

but Nandos sauces are unbeatable. Anything Nandos-related is unbeatable, actually.

Who's with me!?

Levi Roots is a God amongst men!

32037_levi_roots.jpg

i love it on the barbi the carrabian crush is also good with vodka :thumbsup:

christhejambo

Not a massive fan of the stuff, but noticed Sainburys have BOGOF on bottles of this just now - Murrayfield branch did yesterday at least. Get involved. :thumbsup:

Archived