Hearts fined ?100,000

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess The Crowd

This is absolutely ridiculous.

I remember in Csaba's first season (2008-09) We had 9 red cards but only 55 yellows

We were fined for poor discipline that season, yet Kilmarnock who had 2 red cards and 92 yellows weren't even warned about their conduct.

I remember thinking at the time...oh, the idiots must only take red cards into account for fining teams... but now, low and behold, when we reduce our red card count, they seem to have changed tack and are now actually using the yellow card count to hammer us.

Whichever way you look at it, it really does seem to be one rule for Hearts and a softer, milder rule for the others, even when you take past seasons counting against us into account.

How can the SFA really justify saying that 86 yellows and 4 reds (Jonsson's correctly rescinded) is really much, much worse than 92 yellows and 2 reds!!!?

GFA. Quite simply appalling.

:seething:

Spot on, I just checked the SPL website and you're right.

A 10-year old could drive a coach and horses through their logic

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If Regan has any sense then he will take this oportunity to show that the SFA really is changing and he will declare an amnesty before their name is even further hauled through the quagmire. He would be playing a blinder if he was to step in and go: NO enough is enough!

Otherwise his revolution is going to get pretty ******* messy!

**** sake. Terrible news. Our poor discipline in the last 5 years was going to catch up with us eventually though....

Still doesn't stop the GFA being a shower of sneaky old firm loving gimps who are out to get and make an example of us. :down:

Drylaw Hearts

Too many silly Yellow Cards last season has led to this fine.

We need to cut them out.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree DH... However, we are judged by an organisation which applies the law differently depending on the teams involved. We are on the receiving end of decisions that would not be meted out to ALL the teams in an even-handed manner. Rangers did enough in their cup game v Killie to be near the top of the bad-boys league alone! :o

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Would someone be so kind as to tot up the total punishment from that scandalous old firm derby which had the country on its knees and Alex salmond on sky news for a week? would be an interesting comparison

Would someone be so kind as to tot up the total punishment from that scandalous old firm derby which had the country on its knees and Alex salmond on sky news for a week? would be an interesting comparison

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dundee-united/246271-dundee-united-manager-wants-explanation-form-refree/'>http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dundee-united/246271-dundee-united-manager-wants-explanation-form-refree/

All Hearts need is a good lawyer and a list like these > http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dundee-united/246271-dundee-united-manager-wants-explanation-form-refree/

Would like to know our fouls to card ratio compared to the old firm. Most corrupt fa in world football .

The last Ibrox game. 8 fouls, 3 yellows, 1 red. That should be impossible.

celtic 96 yellow 7 red why no action from sfa?

hearts 91 yellow 6 red 100 000 fine

killie 84 yellow 6 red an sfa warning

Radioactive Mince

I'm struggling to put how I feel into words.

Utterly astonishing, yet totally predictable.

How do they get away with being so blatant (what I've been asking myself about their referees' treatment of our players since 2005)?

This stops NOW.

Feck the SFA

Let's force them to stop by being really, really nice to them :confused:

The Old Tolbooth

I remember in Csaba's first season (2008-09) We had 9 red cards but only 55 yellows

We were fined for poor discipline that season, yet Kilmarnock who had 2 red cards and 92 yellows weren't even warned about their conduct.

I remember thinking at the time...oh, the idiots must only take red cards into account for fining teams... but now, low and behold, when we reduce our red card count, they seem to have changed tack and are now actually using the yellow card count to hammer us.

Whichever way you look at it, it really does seem to be one rule for Hearts and a softer, milder rule for the others, even when you take past seasons counting against us into account.

How can the SFA really justify saying that 86 yellows and 4 reds (Jonsson's correctly rescinded) is really much, much worse than 92 yellows and 2 reds!!!?

100% agree with this mate, although I would say that it's not Hearts that the SFA are after, it's Vlad, they're looking to drive the man out of Scotland in the same manner they did with Miko, if it was up to me then I'd tell them to piss right off!

GFA GTF! :bootyshake:

kennyblack'sshot

We need to cut them out.

Harsh. Our overall discipline was much better last season.

Bizarre fine considering how much Celtic got away with last season not just in terms of their worse overall crime count but Neil Lennon's touchline antics and all of their off-field accusations bringing the game into disrepute.

As others have pointed out it's not a level playing field when it comes to dishing out red and yellows. The Old Firm, and Rangers in particular, are dealt with very leniently particularly when they play each other.

I am 100% sure Romanov will have something to say about this fine. It's time to unleash both barrels.

The Old Tolbooth

I honestly hope that Vlad goes for those corrupt barstards throats and tears them to pieces! A good lawyer would probably cost a good few thousand pounds too, but if it gets us off with paying those shower of bent gits the money, then it would be very much worth it, go for it Vlad, you know it makes sense, take them all the way!

132goals1958

100% agree with this mate, although I would say that it's not Hearts that the SFA are after, it's Vlad, they're looking to drive the man out of Scotland in the same manner they did with Miko, if it was up to me then I'd tell them to piss right off and suck ma boaby!

GFA GTF! :bootyshake:

After the Miko incident world war 111 almost broke out yet Bougherra manhandles the referee and he receives a paltry fine. Says it all.

Gods a Jambo

with suspicious minds

sorry.

****, I'm bored :vrface:

Sorry, but its people like yourself who are tedious.

Time to adopt Levein's stance with the SFA I think. Clubs are punished by way of suspensions for poor discipline; perahps Hearts should look to take a legal view on this, maybe even employ celtic's legal adviser he appears to know how to deal with the SFA.

Abso-feckin-lutely! The SFA knew they had no chance of winning that case - it was only because the Pieman wanted his SFA job that we backed down.

Employ Paul McBride and get something going around conflicts of interest - being fined by the administrative organisation who employ those who issue the initial penalty (which has a direct impact on each game, and subsequent games - suspensions etc), and who also administer the appeals process using the same individuals who issue the initial penalty!! Comparisons to other teams would come in useful too.

It's a feckin joke and, as much as I can't stand them, we should be adopting Sellick tactics here.

colinmaroon

Would like to know our fouls to card ratio compared to the old firm. Most corrupt fa in world football .

For a start, Jedward have 4 games a season at least, when the "normal" rules don't apply and the number of yellows and reds are way less than what they would be for any other club, including Hearts - and that's not even taking into account the number of times their players get away with it (just think back to the Rangers v Killie game when they should have had 3 yellows for 3 awful fouls but they goto away with it and, there would have been at least one red as one of the perps committed a subsequent bookable offence).

So, straight off, it's not a level playing field!

The double standards of the GFA are quite simply appalling!!!

Carl Spackler

celtic 96 yellow 7 red why no action from sfa?

hearts 91 yellow 6 red 100 000 fine

killie 84 yellow 6 red an sfa warning

Where are these stats from? Is this inclusive of cups? It's not the SPL only as Celtic and Hearts Yellow Card counts are lower than that.

There's our appeal right there. Makes a mockery of their fine given we have now improved our record

Really hope Hearts stand up for ourselves and refuse to pay this fine. Its embarrassing that a supposed professional organisation can dish out a fine which has so little rhyme or reason. Either have a set fine in place for each yellow/red card and enforce it across the board or give it up altogether. It might not be completely fair (how many fouls did Celtic commit at Tynecastle recently without being shown a card? Black booked for his first?) but at least its justifiable.

And if that previous post that suggests Celtic had more reds and yellows than Killie yet Killie were warned is correct then there are no words.

scottish_chicP

I actually can't even express how angry I am. How can they get away with being so blatantly biased (or perhaps anti Hearts given that Killie have more reds than us and no fine?)?! Honestly I would say it beggars belief but I actually expected something like this. Some Celtic fans I know are commenting on how it isn't the OF they favour it's only Rangers. Ok so where is Lennon's fine for....actually I don't have the energy to type out ALL the crap he has got away with! So pissed off now

Toxteth O'Grady

I honestly hope that Vlad goes for those corrupt barstards throats and tears them to pieces! A good lawyer would probably cost a good few thousand pounds too, but if it gets us off with paying those shower of bent gits the money, then it would be very much worth it, go for it Vlad, you know it makes sense, take them all the way!

Good lawyer first and if that doesn't work Torpedo the bassas

I really hope Vladimir goes for them again this time.

We've accepted too much recently, and this is the tip of the iceberg for me.

Good chance of winning appeal too, as someone said, the SFA might want a clean slate for thier new regime!?

The last Ibrox game. 8 fouls, 3 yellows, 1 red. That should be impossible.

2 of those bookings were for dissent. So no problem with the card count, particularly as Jonsson's sending off was downgraded to a yellow.

As for the discipline at the club - it has been appalling for years and the record shows that. I had hoped that JJ would improve it - but last season we saw bookings for kicking the ball away, dissent, running off the pitch after scoring goals etc. It is absolutely senseless for the players to do any of those things.

Only if the SFA is not following its procedures correctly should the club have any grievance here. There is still a lot of work to do in improving the on field discipline.

Hearts Machine

Quite simply this. End of thread.

Gods a Jambo

We need to cut them out.

FFS, Really?

Drylaw Hearts

Our discipline over the last 5 or 6 years has been shocking.

The fine is ridiculous but then again we don't know the number of cards the SFA would have deemed an acceptable level for us to avoid this punishment.

I'm going to guess it would have been far less than 86 Yellow Cards in SPL competition.

Do OPTA stats show us how many challenges a Hearts player has made before he is booked?

If so we need to get these stats together asap, they'd form a massive part of our appeal.

I mean take the OF. How many times have you saw an OF player consistently foul yet only get a warning or 'talking to' from the ref? Couple that with the fact that we always seem to be screaming at refs that "IT WAS HIS FIRST FOUL FFS!!!" when a Hearts player is booked, and you'll see where I'm coming from.

It's a ******* joke, and Vlad and co should fight this all the way because it's a fight we WILL win.

The balls in our court Hearts....

The fine is ridiculous but then again we don't know the number of cards the SFA would have deemed an acceptable level for us to avoid this punishment.

I'm going to guess it would have been far less than 86 Yellow Cards in SPL competition.

Why didn't they just tell us what an unacceptable level would have been then?

Drylaw Hearts

Do OPTA stats show us how many challenges a Hearts player has made before he is booked?

If so we need to get these stats together asap, they'd form a massive part of our appeal.

I mean take the OF. How many times have you saw an OF player consistently foul yet only get a warning or 'talking to' from the ref? Couple that with the fact that we always seem to be screaming at refs that "IT WAS HIS FIRST FOUL FFS!!!" when a Hearts player is booked, and you'll see where I'm coming from.

It's a ******* joke, and Vlad and co should fight this all the way because it's a fight we WILL win.

Quite often a booking isn't determined by the amount of fouls awarded against a player though.

Who is going to second guess the referees? How many decisions do you want to be re run? Those which were not fouls but were given, those which were fouls but not given? The ball which ran out of play and was not flagged before the foul which drew the booking? The poster above who said that the stats should be used for the Rangers game illustrates the problem with using a stats approach - when of the 3 bookings 2 were for dissent so that there were only 8 fouls is immaterial.

The club and the players should be aiming to be whiter than white on their discipline. Nobody should have a problem even with a foul which came after poor play (such as the Zaliukas Hibs one) as he was trying to stop a goal being scored. But the bookings for dissent and for kicking the ball away etc are a complete nonsense.

Drylaw Hearts

Why didn't they just tell us what an unacceptable level would have been then?

I don't think the SFA would make things like that public - do you ?

But I do think the club will surely have asked after the last fine how many Reds and Yellows would be within the acceptable limit.

If we didn't then someone needs their erse booted.

2 of those bookings were for dissent. So no problem with the card count, particularly as Jonsson's sending off was downgraded to a yellow.

As for the discipline at the club - it has been appalling for years and the record shows that. I had hoped that JJ would improve it - but last season we saw bookings for kicking the ball away, dissent, running off the pitch after scoring goals etc. It is absolutely senseless for the players to do any of those things.

Only if the SFA is not following its procedures correctly should the club have any grievance here. There is still a lot of work to do in improving the on field discipline.

You realise that it's possible to understand that we still have a lot of improvements to make to our discipline whilst also condemning what is blatently an unjustifiably inconsistent punitive system right?

132goals1958

We just shouldn't pay it... Discipline and cards are subjective an we should tell the SFA to ram it citing some of the many examples of evidence that rangers and Celtic get away with worse.

Therein lies the flaw in the GFA system. There are lots of bookings throughout the season that are border line affecting all clubs. What annoys me is referees who are unable to judge when a player makes a genuine attempt for the ball and is subsequently unfairly cautioned. If they want to impose a disciplinary procedure it should be based on the severity of the offence. One of the worst tackles of the season was in the Cup Final when Majstorovic almost halfed a Motherwell player in two. It was a definite red card but he got away with a yellow. If they really want to clean up the game they should take a retrospective line on offences and grade accordingly. The tackle I alluded to in relative terms probably equated to about 10 of our yellow cards.

heres the last 3 seasons stats for league games

2008-09

2009-10

2010-11

ironically Killie have been warned, yet a team with an exact same record get nowt. :ninja:

you can't argue against stats we were worst offenders last 2 seasons, having a fine threat before both seasons started. So we deserve it! Pay the fine but start with a clean slate. In the coming season let just play football, no dissent, no late challenges, no hand balls, no sportsmanship. Play the Old Firm way and we will be challenging right up to the end. Now where is that bullet proof vest?

Gods a Jambo

Sorry, but the whole idea that you somehow beleive, that you have applied logic and reason to the situation is nonsense. Having been to nearly all games this season, the majority of yellows are again nonsense. We get shafted in a way no other team does, based purely on the fact Vlad told them what he did.

If you are somehow suggesting we should look closer to home as this may be our own doing, your also suggesting we have a level playing field. If you believe that, your ******* mental.

heres the last 3 seasons stats for league games

2008-09

2009-10

2010-11

ironically Killie have been warned, yet a team with an exact same record get nowt. :ninja:

I believe the SPL Disciplinary table has Red Cards count as 3 Yellow cards, not 2 as in that table.

I'm reaching this conclusion from a post at a Celtic website about their disciplinary record in 2005 and the disciplinary table there:

http://www.celtic-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/spl_disciplinary_table_255050/index.shtml

Out of my own curiosity (and plentiful spare time) I had a look at our disciple record since the 2005-2006 season in the SPL:

discipline2005-2011.png

If memory serves me correctly, weren't we first warned/fined on the back of the 08-09 season (I definitely could be wrong though, can't seem to find any articles on it). If so, why? We had significantly reduced our equivalent card count, more than anyone else has during that period (apart from Kilmarnock who had significantly increased theirs in the 3 seasons prior).

Why aren't the Hobos being warned? Aside from one season they've been consistently in the top 2 for worst discipline.

You realise that it's possible to understand that we still have a lot of improvements to make to our discipline whilst also condemning what is blatently an unjustifiably inconsistent punitive system right?

The club has the right to suggest changes to the system just like any other member of the association - and hopefully if it is inconsistent then they will be doing so through the right channels.

As I said, if the current procedures are not being followed properly then they should be able to air that grievance through the right channels too. Is there any evidence that the current procedures of the SFA are not being followed properly?

Gods a Jambo

you can't argue against stats we were worst offenders last 2 seasons, having a fine threat before both seasons started. So we deserve it! Pay the fine but start with a clean slate. In the coming season let just play football, no dissent, no late challenges, no hand balls, no sportsmanship. Play the Old Firm way and we will be challenging right up to the end. Now where is that bullet proof vest?

Sorry, total tom kite. What your saying is every booking was deserverd? Tell me the stats prior to vlads outburst, if were still shown to be the worst I will accept we deserve it.

The SFA should be told to ram it. We see red cards overturned, so that tells me refs make plenty of mistakes with yellows which cant be appealed. As has also been said, refs admit to reffing some games differently, until some games are reffed the same, and consistently, the Sfa can ram it.

Maybe i am looking to far into it but did the sfa not tell us this week they had some new position to fill......i would hszard a guess that this new position comes with a 100k salary. ;-)

BobbyJenkins

I just dont understand these fines at all. Why punish a team for the number of bookings and red cards, surely the team suffer through suspension of players etc over the course of the season. Its part and parcel of the game and referee decision making is far too subjective.

Is 86 yellows really all that bad over 38 games, not in these days imo as players get booked very very easily (outwith OF). I understand we had a period there where our disciplinary record was pretty bad and the fine is due in part to that but there was definitely a real harshness from refs.

If punishment is what the SFA want then maybe they should try and think of an alternative punishment, clubs cant afford this just now or at any time for that matter.

Theres also the OF argument, as stated on here, in that they are refereed differently from the rest of the SPL. Its just not a level paying field, plain and simple.

Fight them I say, fight them til the bitter end!!

kingantti1874

We should push this is far as it goes, what is the rule exactly? 70 yellows? 50? It's bollocks especially given we re not the worst in the league it really is a total farce... Especially given the subjective nature of re decisions - the SFA would have no chance of winning this in court... **** them and that imposter Reagan-what the **** does that joke of a human know about Scottish football anyway...

I just dont understand these fines at all. Why punish a team for the number of bookings and red cards, surely the team suffer through suspension of players etc over the course of the season. Its part and parcel of the game and referee decision making is far too subjective.

Is 86 yellows really all that bad over 38 games, not in these days imo as players get booked very very easily (outwith OF). I understand we had a period there where our disciplinary record was pretty bad and the fine is due in part to that but there was definitely a real harshness from refs.

If punishment is what the SFA want then maybe they should try and think of an alternative punishment, clubs cant afford this just now or at any time for that matter.

Theres also the OF argument, as stated on here, in that they are refereed differently from the rest of the SPL. Its just not a level paying field, plain and simple.

Fight them I say, fight them til the bitter end!!

Perhaps some more SFA-aware people could say - but presumably there is some kind of an official 'Fair Play' plan handed down through FIFA and the other organisations? So that they are supposed to have a way to 'incentivise' better discipline?

If there is a directive like that, how else should the SFA try to do this other than fining the clubs?

Perhaps some more SFA-aware people could say - but presumably there is some kind of an official 'Fair Play' plan handed down through FIFA and the other organisations? So that they are supposed to have a way to 'incentivise' better discipline?

If there is a directive like that, how else should the SFA try to do this other than fining the clubs?

Provide courses for players led by referees to inform them of the rules and their decision making processes (and hence how to avoid causing fouls and hence cards)?

Provide courses for players led by referees to inform them of the rules and their decision making processes (and hence how to avoid causing fouls and hence cards)?

That is a good idea, but surely happens already at least to some extent?

Archived