Hearts fined ?100,000

Ryan Gosling

Craig Levein said he lost count of the mistakes the ref (Dougie Macdonald) made after 56 or something very similar and was fined for criticising the refs performance. I could be wrong about the exact number tho

I think he said he lost count of the mistakes after the 99th!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

I take it Hearts fine the players who pick up bookings in the 1st place? So the pot must have some cash in it already for the daft ones that Black etc have picked up?

Corrupt system thats to be replaced but by what? Another corrupt system?

it's fair to say i (among many others) was infuriated when celtic hired paul mcbride in order to bully the SFA into submission regarding all the nonsense that they themselves created throughout the whole of last season. i saw it as yet another piece of celtic skullduggery and something to hate them even more for.

upon reflection at this time i now agree with some others on this thread that we should now be doing exactly the same thing and hiring our own QC (possibly even mcbride himself) in order to deal with this outrage. mcbride acted for celtic free of charge but we are highly unlikely to be so lucky, but it's doesn't matter how much it costs because we must not allow this to happen without a wimper.

the predictable posters sticking up for the SFA... :vrface::cornette:

Surely you could argue that proven liars like Dougie McDonald and Hugh Dallas cast aspersions on the integrity of every decision taken by referees...and yes, we damn well should use that word.

INTEGRITY

davemclaren

it's fair to say i (among many others) was infuriated when celtic hired paul mcbride in order to bully the SFA into submission regarding all the nonsense that they themselves created throughout the whole of last season. i saw it as yet another piece of celtic skullduggery and something to hate them even more for.

upon reflection at this time i now agree with some others on this thread that we should now be doing exactly the same thing and hiring our own QC (possibly even mcbride himself) in order to deal with this outrage. mcbride acted for celtic free of charge but we are highly unlikely to be so lucky, but it's doesn't matter how much it costs because we must not allow this to happen without a wimper.

the predictable posters sticking up for the SFA... :vrface::cornette:

I'm sure the Celtic fans will be backing us on this one. :whistling:

I'm sure the Celtic fans will be backing us on this one. :whistling:

:lol: while that's obviously an unlikely alliance to look forward to, perhaps some of them would indeed like to see the SFA getting another pasting. maybe even paul mcbride would like to go back in for second helpings.

Didn't JJ say one of his priorities was to bring more discipline to the club? I know a lot of refereeing decisions were a joke but not every single one was.

Folk like Black, Jonsson, Suso and Zal pick up way too many daft yellows. It's too easy (and Celtic minded) to say it's a conspiracy - we do need to sort things out a bit ourselves.

Your spot, like it or not folks, this club could well do without, Black - yes, he has his moments, but is far more interested in booting an opposition player he's fell out with. Suso,

skillful when he wants to be - but take the maroon specs off - he dives a lot, then gives it tight to the ref for not getting the decision. They are not the only guilty ones. Some

players red cards have lost us games, now they cost the club ?100,000. And some here still defend them as they play for us.

Nookie Bear

Your spot, like it or not folks, this club could well do without, Black - yes, he has his moments, but is far more interested in booting an opposition player he's fell out with. Suso,

skillful when he wants to be - but take the maroon specs off - he dives a lot, then gives it tight to the ref for not getting the decision. They are not the only guilty ones. Some

players red cards have lost us games, now they cost the club ?100,000. And some here still defend them as they play for us.

I don't think many are defending guys like Zal for getting sent off at hibs or Pala for his one at home to Dundee Utd. And nobody will ever defend Suso for being petulant. However, I could also pick out opposition players who have been just as idiotic in getting themselves booked (e.g. Eremenko for diving) or sent off (Riordan for booting Rudi)

Surely the real issue is that our disciplinary record has improved this season, no? If we are being given stricter parameters than the others because of previous then we are on a hiding to nothing.

By the way, onthe subject of Black, niggly and aggressive as he is, I do not recall seeing a player more singled out than him for treatment.

kennyblack'sshot

By the way, onthe subject of Black, niggly and aggressive as he is, I do not recall seeing a player more singled out than him for treatment.

Black was singled out by the media this year for daring to foul a highly priced Rangers player and daring to be on the receiving end of a bad tackle from a highly priced Celtic player, who got sent off. That then led to him being singled out for special treatment from players and refs on the park. I can't believe some Hearts fans fall for the media hype.

skillful when he wants to be - but take the maroon specs off - he dives a lot, then gives it tight to the ref for not getting the decision. They are not the only guilty ones.

Some

Unfortunately for us the player with the worst discipline from killie we have just signed!!! ?

We need to fight this all the way here.

This isn't a fine for player discipline,this is a get at Romanov fine IMO.

For a long time now things have been said about our club in the press and a lot of us on here have asked where our spokesperson is sticking up for us and giving the clubs point of view.

I expect a statement from hearts to say ram your fine you ain't getting nowt!!! Take us to court.

Jamie Hammill won't help matters :down:

there should be a whip-round the players who offended :lol:

Only a Game

That then led to him being singled out for special treatment from players and refs on the park. I can't believe some Hearts fans fall for the media hype.

Not sure we should be using Ian Black as an example in our appeal. There were at least 3 games in the latter half of the season where he could easily have been sent off for what you can only describe as cowardly and thuggish challenges designed to hurt players, but, inexplicably, wasnt.

Mmmm, let's make ?100k from Romanov and hack him right off when he is in fact, trying to improve the scottish game.

He is simply not seen as that though, is he - I laugh at the bigotry dross this year - Behind closed doors, you can rest assured VR has the proverbial taken out of him by all and sundry at the SFA and BBC/STV which is why he makes a good story even when there is none to be told.

I would assume we'd had 15-20 red cards for handing over the equivalent of a player's signing fee to office workers who happen to like football.

I'd read a post about a desire for the sheep to be challenging up there with us - I can assure if this were to materialise, we'd be nowhere near the "crime" count we've been ridiculously hammered for as Aberdeen would absorb some of that pain along with us for having the audacity to challenge the OF.

Not that my heart would bleed for them as they had officialdom on their side when they were famous but at least my club would benefit as that would be two flies for the SFA to swat.

Anyway, joke sanction!

Mmmm, let's make ?100k from Romanov and hack him right off when he is in fact, trying to improve the scottish game.

He is simply not seen as that though, is he - I laugh at the bigotry dross this year - Behind closed doors, you can rest assured VR has the proverbial taken out of him by all and sundry at the SFA and BBC/STV which is why he makes a good story even when there is none to be told.

I would assume we'd had 15-20 red cards for handing over the equivalent of a player's signing fee to office workers who happen to like football.

I'd read a post about a desire for the sheep to be challenging up there with us - I can assure if this were to materialise, we'd be nowhere near the "crime" count we've been ridiculously hammered for as Aberdeen would absorb some of that pain along with us for having the audacity to challenge the OF.

Not that my heart would bleed for them as they had officialdom on their side when they were famous but at least my club would benefit as that would be two flies for the SFA to swat.

Anyway, joke sanction!

You only get the punishment if you steal rangers Champions League money.

:(

Kenny Clark on Off the Ball said it was a joke that Hearts and Dundee were fined when Bougherra and Diouf were let off for far worse incidents than any involving our players. He also agreed with Tam Cowan's view that Celtic's criticism of officials was fae more serious and yet was allowed to go unchallenged.

Every time Vlad speaks out he gets fined. Hearts are now facing this record fine for indiscipline.

But what happens if your supporters chant terrorism supporting songs? Or what happens if your supporters wreck Manchester?

Surely this all has to change. It's dark ages stuff.

Every time Vlad speaks out he gets fined. Hearts are now facing this record fine for indiscipline.

But what happens if your supporters chant terrorism supporting songs? Or what happens if your supporters wreck Manchester?

Surely this all has to change. It's dark ages stuff.

The GFA would argue that all those events are a different issue.

We must also admit that this punishment was in the pipeline if we didn't improve our discipline. I think we have in reality but the Refs continuing dim view towards us :( makes it nye impossible to get the card numbers down. Having said that I would hope that we could have a quiet word with the GFA and ask why we are being fined so heavily while Celtic have declared open war on the GFA and have not as yet been sanctioned, or if they have it was so minimal it never registered with me :angry:

MacDonald Jardine

If we break the law we don't get fined based on our income. Someone on 10 grand a year won't get a lesser fine than someone on 25 grand a year.

Do you think that the SFA should fine clubs based on their financial situation?

Yes they do.

gorgie rd eh11

Good point mate, the sooner we stamp that out it will give the SFA no more ammunition to fine us in future. :thumbs_up:

:woot:

Slightly off topic but I noticed they fined Dundee 3k as well. At a time when they are organising charity events etc to keep the club afloat it's just another mental decision from the sfa (to add to a long list)

Dirty Deeds

SFA say they wanted improvement but did not, to my knowledge, quantify what improvement looked like.

We improved then get a wolloping fine. Bonkers.

jimbojumbojambo

I've mentioned before that I would challenge the GFA on the basis that referees (notably Willie Young) have admitted that they adopt different criteria in relation to bookings/sendings off in OF games. This is "justified" on the basis that the high intensity and pressure of these special games would result in their only being a handful of players left on the park if they adopted the normal benchmarks for bookings.

Thus Rangers and Celtic are measured only on 34 games whereas the rest are measured over 38 games. Furthermore, if WY is correct, the discounted 4 OF games would potentially reap a card count that would have a significant bearing on the overall totals.

No reasonable system of justice I know allows such inconsistencies and we should tell the GFA (politely) where to stick their fine.

This just gets more pathetic and farcical each season! Without a shadow of a doubt, this fine is simply another " stick it up Vlad " ploy from the SFA and should, without question, be legally challenged by Hearts. Apart from anything else, a huge number of refereeing decisions last season were idiotic at best, or vindictive and petty at worst. We can't appeal yellow cards and we've improved, significantly, our red card count. What the hell else are we supposed to do????

Don't back down on this one Hearts. The stats show we've improved our disciplinary record. If they wanted to set us a " target ", they should have done so at the outset. They didn't, we've improved, so stuff them! :verymad:

Kirky Jambo

I believe that we could easily challenge the fine on the grounds that the governing body ( The SFA ) does not apply its rules consistently it allows its rules to be applied differently in different games, therefore there is discrimination in the process and the imposed sanction flawed.

There are many examples of referees stating that they referee an OF derby differently from other games

And remember that time (think it was the most recent Dundee United v Celtic match at Parkhead) when Brines told Peter Houston that "on another day Kayal's tackle would have been a yellow card"

An average of 2.26 yellow cards a game.

Take away a 'few' dodgy ones (not a majority like someone else has claimed, but there are certainly a few that were not warranted) - and you've an average probably not far off 2 cards a game.

That amounts to one booking in each half of football played.

5 red cards in 38 games?? One in ever 7 and a half games of football??

Is that REALLY poor discipline????

rossthejambo

Allowing myself the weekend to try and forget about this, the seethe has returned unfortunately.

Forgetting the obvious, what really gets on my nerves is that these arseholes that call themselves referees (and are wanting 1000 of the Queens pounds for refereeing one SPL game btw!) make mistakes every single week, yet they're not held accountable for any of them. In fact until only recently, they were the one's conducting the appeals process FFS. Yet we have to pick up the tab when we get to the end of the season for "indiscipline".

Now I'm not suggesting we're an innocent party, of course we've deserved a moderate percentage of the bookings, but to suggest that we're somehow the dirtiest team in the league for 7 seasons in a row is laughable.

Now I'm not sure if this has been asked but can anyone confirm if rescinded red cards, one's that have been proven to be wrong by a disciplinary panel, are STILL counted in the card table? Because if they are then it's even more of a joke than I thought.

Archived