Hearts fined ?100,000

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

From what I can find in the SFA archives,

2002/03

A record number of red and yellow cards in Scottish football last season has resulted in substantial fines for some clubs, following the Scottish FA?s Disciplinary Analysis of 2002?03.

Motherwell, who had eleven players sent off in league matches alone, have been fined ?10,000 by the SFA Disciplinary Committee, although ?5,000 of the fine is suspended until January 2004 to encourage an improvement in behaviour. The club was also fined ?5,000 last year, and warned in January that misconduct was poor.

Kilmarnock have been fined ?5,000, having failed to improve on discipline following a warning in January from the committee.

2006/07

The Scottish FA's Disciplinary Committee has imposed a record fine of ?20,000 on Heart of Midlothian for its disciplinary record last season.

This is the third successive season that Heart of Midlothian has been fined and the fine is the highest ever imposed on a club for indiscipline. The previous fines imposed on the club were ?5,000 and ?10,000. The club has been warned on each previous occasion, and also after each mid-season review, to take steps to improve its disciplinary record.

Dunfermline Athletic, Hibernian and Falkirk were each fined ?5000, the minimum fine which can be imposed on an SPL club, for having poor disciplinary records last season.

21 other clubs were fined, with three having their fines suspended.

2007/08

Heart of Midlothian have been fined a record ?40,000 by the Scottish FA?s Disciplinary Committee for their poor disciplinary record.

This is the fourth successive season that Heart of Midlothian have been fined and it is the highest ever imposed on a club for indiscipline. ?30,000 of the fine is due immediately with ?10,000 suspended until the committee?s consideration of the mid season disciplinary analysis in January 2009. If there is no noticeable improvement in the club?s discipline, the remaining ?10,000 will be payable.

Last season the club was fined ?20,000 for their poor disciplinary record which was a record at the time. The club has been warned on each previous occasion, and also after each mid-season review, to take steps to improve its disciplinary record.

18 other clubs were fined, including a ?10,000 fine for Hibernian, and 6 clubs were warned as a result of their disciplinary records.

2008/09 (Aug-Dec only)

The Disciplinary Committee considered the Mid Season Disciplinary Analysis for the period August to December 2008 at a meeting last week.

It was decided that the suspended fines which had been imposed on three clubs for their poor disciplinary records last season, should now be applied given that there had been no evident improvement in their positions. The clubs concerned are:

Heart of Midlothian FC (Fined a total of ?40,000 in July 2008. Payment of ?10,000 of the fine was suspended until consideration of mid season analysis)

2008/09

The Scottish FA has today published their Disciplinary Analysis statistics for Season 2008/09.

Heart of Midlothian have been fined ?50,000 by the Disciplinary Committee for their poor disciplinary record.

This is the fifth successive season that Heart of Midlothian have been fined and it is the highest ever imposed on a club for indiscipline. ?40,000 of the fine is due immediately with ?10,000 suspended until the committee?s consideration of the mid season disciplinary analysis in January 2010. If there is no noticeable improvement in the club?s discipline, the remaining ?10,000 will be payable.

25 other clubs were fined, including a ?20,000 fine for Hibernian, and 19 clubs were warned as a result of their disciplinary records.

2010/11

Heart of Midlothian have been fined ?100,000 by the Scottish FA's Disciplinary Committee for their poor disciplinary record last season. This is the seventh successive season that Hearts have been sanctioned and is the highest-ever imposed on a club for indiscipline.Of the ?100,000, ?60,000 is due immediately, with the remaining ?40,000 suspended as follows:

* ?20,000 is suspended until consideration of the mid-season Disciplinary Analysis in January 2012 and will be payable if there is no noticeable improvement in the club's discipline.

* ?20,000 is suspended until consideration of the Disciplinary Analysis at the end of season 2011/12 and will be payable if there is no noticeable improvement in the club's discipline.

The Tynecastle club were fined ?60,000 [?10,000 suspended] for indiscipline at the end of last season, which was a record at the time.

Thirty clubs were fined in total, with Stirling Albion receiving a ?3000 fine, while Dundee and Montrose both received fines of ?2000.

So ?225,000 in fines since 2002.

Are you ******* kidding me.

:stare:

Drylaw Hearts

I have no doubt Hearts will take this all the way and win.

The SFA have no structure in how they decide on fines etc and the system in unfair to put in mildly.

I knew it would be loads :thumbsup: and was Vlad not fined also for things he said.?

The SFA have no structure in how they decide on fines etc and the system in unfair to put in mildly.

Fining lower division clubs thousands as well is just a nonsense.

Dundee were on the brink and they are being fined 3 grand ffs. That could pay a few backroom staff for a few weeks.

Dundee were on the brink and they are being fined 3 grand ffs. That could pay a few backroom staff for a few weeks.

You're surely not accusing the SFA of being out of touch with their member clubs, are you? :o

Drylaw Hearts

The whole Association is a mess from top to bottom.

I hope this revamp that has been mentioned brings the changes needed.

Toxteth O'Grady

That's the killer point in our case. Nothing has been quantified by the SFA it is all down to their judgement and it is their own employees that have the say on what deserves a yellow or red card.

By their own admission they have made mistakes (Takis and Eggert) and they refused to admit another blatent mistake (Zaliukas at Pitoddrie). Did they compensate us for that?

I'm sure we could dig out loads of TV evidence of other teams pleyers getting away with stuff that Hearts players are sent off or booked for.

Come on Vlad, this is an easy chance to stuff the SFA

Guest Dipped Flake

Yet more nonsense from the most inept governing body on Earth :vrface:

I now feel thoroughly vindicated in my wish that their 'Old Firm Select' they put forward for international matches get utterly humiliated at every turn :verysmug:

Stick to the subject and leave my country out of it. Just because your crappy wee pretend country is shite at football

Guest Dipped Flake

Glad that Hearts are appealing this and coiming out with facts to back their case. The SFA keep fining us as our discipline is not improving. Hearts have now come out and proved that our discipline improved last year. Hearts really should take this all the way

Do OPTA stats show us how many challenges a Hearts player has made before he is booked?

If so we need to get these stats together asap, they'd form a massive part of our appeal.

I mean take the OF. How many times have you saw an OF player consistently foul yet only get a warning or 'talking to' from the ref? Couple that with the fact that we always seem to be screaming at refs that "IT WAS HIS FIRST FOUL FFS!!!" when a Hearts player is booked, and you'll see where I'm coming from.

It's a ******* joke, and Vlad and co should fight this all the way because it's a fight we WILL win.

The balls in our court Hearts....

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I've lost count of the times over the last 6 seasons or so that I've watched as we picked up yellow cards for practically sod all whilst our opponents seemed to be able to commit foul after foul without punishment.

I hate to say this - but we should take a leaf out of Celtic's book and hire a good lawyer who will rip the SFA to fecking shreds.

Stick to the subject and leave my country out of it. Just because your crappy wee pretend country is shite at football

I kept to the subject matter very succintly, thanks :thumbsup:

'Pretend' country? Showing us you're a xenophobe too? Poor show.

kennyblack'sshot

From what I can find in the SFA archives,

2002/03

A record number of red and yellow cards in Scottish football last season has resulted in substantial fines for some clubs, following the Scottish FA?s Disciplinary Analysis of 2002?03.

Motherwell, who had eleven players sent off in league matches alone, have been fined ?10,000 by the SFA Disciplinary Committee, although ?5,000 of the fine is suspended until January 2004 to encourage an improvement in behaviour. The club was also fined ?5,000 last year, and warned in January that misconduct was poor.

Kilmarnock have been fined ?5,000, having failed to improve on discipline following a warning in January from the committee.

2006/07

The Scottish FA's Disciplinary Committee has imposed a record fine of ?20,000 on Heart of Midlothian for its disciplinary record last season.

This is the third successive season that Heart of Midlothian has been fined and the fine is the highest ever imposed on a club for indiscipline. The previous fines imposed on the club were ?5,000 and ?10,000. The club has been warned on each previous occasion, and also after each mid-season review, to take steps to improve its disciplinary record.

Dunfermline Athletic, Hibernian and Falkirk were each fined ?5000, the minimum fine which can be imposed on an SPL club, for having poor disciplinary records last season.

21 other clubs were fined, with three having their fines suspended.

2007/08

Heart of Midlothian have been fined a record ?40,000 by the Scottish FA?s Disciplinary Committee for their poor disciplinary record.

This is the fourth successive season that Heart of Midlothian have been fined and it is the highest ever imposed on a club for indiscipline. ?30,000 of the fine is due immediately with ?10,000 suspended until the committee?s consideration of the mid season disciplinary analysis in January 2009. If there is no noticeable improvement in the club?s discipline, the remaining ?10,000 will be payable.

Last season the club was fined ?20,000 for their poor disciplinary record which was a record at the time. The club has been warned on each previous occasion, and also after each mid-season review, to take steps to improve its disciplinary record.

18 other clubs were fined, including a ?10,000 fine for Hibernian, and 6 clubs were warned as a result of their disciplinary records.

2008/09 (Aug-Dec only)

The Disciplinary Committee considered the Mid Season Disciplinary Analysis for the period August to December 2008 at a meeting last week.

It was decided that the suspended fines which had been imposed on three clubs for their poor disciplinary records last season, should now be applied given that there had been no evident improvement in their positions. The clubs concerned are:

Heart of Midlothian FC (Fined a total of ?40,000 in July 2008. Payment of ?10,000 of the fine was suspended until consideration of mid season analysis)

2008/09

The Scottish FA has today published their Disciplinary Analysis statistics for Season 2008/09.

Heart of Midlothian have been fined ?50,000 by the Disciplinary Committee for their poor disciplinary record.

This is the fifth successive season that Heart of Midlothian have been fined and it is the highest ever imposed on a club for indiscipline. ?40,000 of the fine is due immediately with ?10,000 suspended until the committee?s consideration of the mid season disciplinary analysis in January 2010. If there is no noticeable improvement in the club?s discipline, the remaining ?10,000 will be payable.

25 other clubs were fined, including a ?20,000 fine for Hibernian, and 19 clubs were warned as a result of their disciplinary records.

2010/11

Heart of Midlothian have been fined ?100,000 by the Scottish FA's Disciplinary Committee for their poor disciplinary record last season. This is the seventh successive season that Hearts have been sanctioned and is the highest-ever imposed on a club for indiscipline.Of the ?100,000, ?60,000 is due immediately, with the remaining ?40,000 suspended as follows:

* ?20,000 is suspended until consideration of the mid-season Disciplinary Analysis in January 2012 and will be payable if there is no noticeable improvement in the club's discipline.

* ?20,000 is suspended until consideration of the Disciplinary Analysis at the end of season 2011/12 and will be payable if there is no noticeable improvement in the club's discipline.

The Tynecastle club were fined ?60,000 [?10,000 suspended] for indiscipline at the end of last season, which was a record at the time.

Thirty clubs were fined in total, with Stirling Albion receiving a ?3000 fine, while Dundee and Montrose both received fines of ?2000.

2006/07

So we've been getting fined right from Vlad's first season when he mouthed off about the SFA and the Old Firm. It's so transparent it's embarrassing. First refs clamp down on Hearts foreign contingent (evidence: former refs like Kenny Clark pitching up on the BBC saying they do treat players differently according to their 'reputations' - accurate or not) and then the SFA fines the club year after year. What a great money-making scheme!

Why were Hearts fined 5,000 in the first place. If you look at the seasons prior to Vlad showing up, our discipline was pretty decent - certainly nothing unusually bad. Could this have been a hangover from the Levein situation?

Also, in 2008/09 we finished 7th in the bad boy table and yet we still got fined ?50,000!! D Utd, Hibs, Falkirk, Killie, Rangers and Hamilton were all worse than us, but we got fined?

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I've lost count of the times over the last 6 seasons or so that I've watched as we picked up yellow cards for practically sod all whilst our opponents seemed to be able to commit foul after foul without punishment.

I hate to say this - but we should take a leaf out of Celtic's book and hire a good lawyer who will rip the SFA to fecking shreds.

Bravo Chat. :thumbsup:

Fines based on wealth would indeed be fair.

Indeed - with us ?25,000,000 in debt they'd have to be paying our fines for us.

2006/07

So we've been getting fined right from Vlad's first season when he mouthed off about the SFA and the Old Firm. It's so transparent it's embarrassing. First refs clamp down on Hearts foreign contingent (evidence: former refs like Kenny Clark pitching up on the BBC saying they do treat players differently according to their 'reputations' - accurate or not) and then the SFA fines the club year after year. What a great money-making scheme!

Why were Hearts fined 5,000 in the first place. If you look at the seasons prior to Vlad showing up, our discipline was pretty decent - certainly nothing unusually bad. Could this have been a hangover from the Levein situation?

Also, in 2008/09 we finished 7th in the bad boy table and yet we still got fined ?50,000!! D Utd, Hibs, Falkirk, Killie, Rangers and Hamilton were all worse than us, but we got fined?

It does all stem from Levein.

I was 100% behind him then and I'm 100% behind the club on this. **** the SFA.

kennyblack'sshot

It might have got lost in the mass of stats, but I still think that fact that Celtic have the lowest disciplinary points of all SPL clubs since 2000 to be very worthy of note as it completely contradicts their claims of the refs etc being against them and only them.

They have almost 50 fewer bookings than the next lowest (Rangers, predictably) and have just one more red card than the lowest total of reds over 11 years. Rangers have received 10 more red cards than them since 2000, and Hearts 30 more!

Would love to see stats for penalties awarded over the long-term.

It might have got lost in the mass of stats, but I still think that fact that Celtic have the lowest disciplinary points of all SPL clubs since 2000 to be very worthy of note as it completely contradicts their claims of the refs etc being against them and only them.

They have almost 50 fewer bookings than the next lowest (Rangers, predictably) and have just one more red card than the lowest total of reds over 11 years. Rangers have received 10 more red cards than them since 2000, and Hearts 30 more!

Would love to see stats for penalties awarded over the long-term.

They had 17 pens this season - the most EVER. Conspiracy ffs.

Guest Dr. Pepper

Showing your true colours now im afraid

elliomg.png

Drylaw Hearts

It does all stem from Levein.

I was 100% behind him then and I'm 100% behind the club on this. **** the SFA.

Yep.

Was our old friend Dougie MacDonald not at the centre of CL's war v the SFA ?

Interesting if Hearts ssid "ok, faire cop, but make it ?50k to you and we pledge to put an extra ?50k into youth development ... take it or we appeal"

Yep.

Was our old friend Dougie MacDonald not at the centre of CL's war v the SFA ?

Yup, it was him at Rugby Park that sent off McCann and Webster that sparked the whole issue.

kennyblack'sshot

They had 17 pens this season - the most EVER. Conspiracy ffs.

How the hell did Celtic get away with claiming everyone was against them when the stats over the long-term and over that season show the opposite? Hello media, anyone home...

Yup, it was him at Rugby Park that sent off McCann and Webster that sparked the whole issue.

What was the comment Levein made again?

It was a beauty.

Edit - didn't mean to quote myself. Meant to quote AndyGray wondering how the hell Celtic got away with claiming everyone was against them when the stats over the long-term and over that season show the opposite? Hello media, anyone home...

I know mate. That's why my hatred for Sellick has trebled this season. :down:

kennyblack'sshot

I know mate. That's why my hatred for Sellick has trebled this season. :down:

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/mrep/20030503005.htm

"Austin McCann said he made a late challenge on the guy, but it was in their half of the pitch and I find it hard to believe he was the last man," the Tynecastle coach said. "If there are grounds for an appeal then we will consider it.

"It was a game in keeping with what was at stake with both teams committed to trying to win the game. It was a typical Premierleague game. I have no gripe whatsoever with Kilmarnock as they were trying to win the match just like us.

"But I was disgusted with the performance of the referee. The flow of the game was continually interrupted.

"People like to see players pass the ball and create goal-scoring opportunities, but the match never got a chance to flow without there being a booking."

Phil Stamp, the Hearts midfielder, could also be in trouble with the SFA after he was similarly scathing of McDonald.

Speaking after the game, Stamp said: "He was the worst referee I have seen in my career. He was terrible."

It was a beauty.

London Hearts had this article, but I couldn't find anything else.

"He was the worst referee I have seen in my career. He was terrible."

Stampy telling it as he see's it.

Kirky Jambo

I wonder what percentage of the SFA's annual income actually comes from Hearts?

Presumably the pay rise to ?1000 a game for SPL refs is to be funded by Hearts. ?1000 a game, incidentally, is unfathomable, rewarding those incompetent pr1cks who are responsible for our record (which in my opinion over a season is quite acceptable, especially given not only were Obua's and Jonnson's ridiculous but in my view Zaliukas's v Hibs was a nonsense. I'd laugh at anyone who tells me Akpo Sodje was going to score. Also was Craig Thomson's v Falkirk not meant to be quite harsh, I don't really remember it).

Really hope we don't pay it, and Romanov accuses the SFA of being racist and corrupt.

Kirky Jambo

It was a beauty.

Haha, yeah it was along the lines of "I lost count of the referee's mistakes after the 92nd"

Stampy's was great too. That was about Dougie McDonald yeah?

Can someone explain how a SFA committee can still hand out fines when we have been told this week that the whole structure is being swept away and new rules introduced?

Anyone found out yet who the blazers are that sit on this committee?

heartsfc_fan

I honestly reckon they are trying to pick us off because we made a profit this year.

Really.

What the **** do they think they are doing giving a member club such a punitive fine in the first place? ?100K! In the current economic climate that is a fortune.

THEY serve THE CLUBS, not the other way round.

Refuse to pay it. Take the *******s to court.

Punks No Deid

Egg and Obua sendings off prove that they dont want level playing field couldnt care less which part of Jedward wins. HMFC suffers, just took 100k hit cheers GFA. We are all David Obua eh?

The ultimate irony is that the cumulative effect of the previous seasons is going to be swept away next season because even the SFA have recognised that their disciplinary procedures are a total farce.

In the meantime the dire decisions that have gone against Hearts eg the refusal of Brines to rescind Zal's sending off at Pittodrie have contributed to the latest fine. When you roll up the disgraceful record of McHobo , this has all added fuel to the SFA fire with Hearts. His contribution towards Hearts disciplinary record ought to be expunged : in fact , all his officiating should be expunged.

There is no doubt Hearts could have done better but what sticks is the fact that we have been undoubtedly been hammered by the SFA since the Davis/Dallas fiasco.

Would love to see Vlad get the briefs on this.

But then I've got an eye on the upcoming issue with the attempted assault on Lennnon. if the club is being hammered for having a better disciplinary record , Christ knows what that hearing will bring.

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts need to grow a pair and tell them to go **** themselves. The system is never fair when a dicks like Weir or Brown (pick your poison) can go through games without fear of being booked and we have numerous players booked for the same type tackles week in and out. Obviously our card count will be bad when our players are judged differently than others especially in head to head games against the evil twins. We lose players to suspension the OF doesn't. Our best players get to watch big games from the stands, their best players get to play in the big games.

Please please please Hearts, fight them on this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

All I would add to what has been already said is that our resident GFA 'shill' hasn't even tried to defend them here.

We just shouldn't pay it... Discipline and cards are subjective an we should tell the SFA to ram it citing some of the many examples of evidence that rangers and Celtic get away with worse.

What gets me is the OF derby games.

Apart from the last one, every game had the two of them laying into each other with some horrendous tackles that in any other game would have merited red and yellow cards at a very early stage.

Yet, referees are publicly commended for officiating "sensibly" and keeping their cards in their pockets to keep a lid on it.

Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. The apparent prestige of that game takes precedence over the rule book.

However when it comes to any other team the cards are out quicker than Athur Scargill.

If those games were reffed with the same consistency it wouldn't be Hearts at the top of the pile.

Rabbie_Burns

The only crumb of comfort is that this kangaroo court of a comittee will soon cease to exist...

Diadora Van Basten

I would appeal on the grounds that Hearts were told to improve their discipline and they have.

The SFA did not set any parameters as to how much we were to improve and so this decision is subjective and based on the whim of a soon to be defunct committee.

Also just for sport I would suggest that the level of the fine has been set to pay for the SFA's legal fees against Celtic.

bean counter

I believe that we could easily challenge the fine on the grounds that the governing body ( The SFA ) does not apply its rules consistently it allows its rules to be applied differently in different games, therefore there is discrimination in the process and the imposed sanction flawed.

There are many examples of referees stating that they referee an OF derby differently from other games

Maiden Gorgie

Tell the SFA to ram the fine where the sun down shine. Thieving bassas

Some figures from the daily telegraph show that some clubs are hit with yellows and reds by referees more quickly that others. I accept that these figures can be influenced by straight reds for violent conduct but even taking that in to account the SFA need to look at the detail and then consider is refereeing consistent before issuing warnings and fines Note that Hearts were fined and Kilmarnock warned. Are these clubs seen as soft options for referees? Based on 3 points for a red and 1 for a yellow, the number of fouls per disciplinary points is

Kilmarnock 4.23

HEARTS 5.15

Dundee United 5.38

St Johnstone 5.44

Celtic 5.58

Hibs 5.62

Hamilton 5.72

St Mirren 6.14

Aberdeen 6.25

Motherwell 6.74

Rangers 6.96

ICT 7.22

The SFA did not set any parameters as to how much we were to improve and so this decision is subjective and based on the whim of a soon to be defunct committee.

I suspect the only parameter was not to finish on top of the disciplinary table. Which would always be difficult given the bias referees have against Hearts.

We can expect a response from VR.

portobellojambo1

I'd say 95% of our bookings are more than deserved, it's just the ridiculous ones that skew people's judgement. I'm sure every team has their fair share of ludicrous decisions. (obviously not the OF)

I tend to agree with this, there were a few iffy bookings, but in the main many of the bookings weren't , but the problem is we are not participating on an even playing field. Everything is down to interpretation of the laws, by whichever incompetent just happens to be refereeing the game, and who the opposition is. The game of football has one set of laws, those laws should be applied in an identical manner, whether it is the Scottish Cup Final or a juvenile game being played at Saughton. When referees come out and openly state they, for example, referee Old Firm games differently from any other games they should be getting hauled up in front of their own disciplinary committee, and either fined, demoted or sacked. Truth is it isn't just OF games they referee differently, they referee games based on who is participating, therefore their interpretation of the laws of the games becomes flawed, and they fail to referee in a fair and consistent manner as a result.

The punishment should also be identical in terms of any additional fines being imposed, irrespective of whether the team being fined is in the SPL or some lower regional league. You only have to look at one of the links on this thread to realise that isn't the case (think FootballFirst posted it way back). You cannot say, for example, a club in the SPL can be fined ?100K (even with part suspended) for having a disciplinary count of 'x' and a team playing in Division 1 with an equal or worse disciplinary record can only be fined a couple of thousand pounds, because they have less income. Doing it this way it is clear, without even bothering to employ legal advice, that the SFA are not determining the level of fine based on the number of yellow or red cards, but on the potential of the relevant club to pay. Otherwise every club would have been fined, not just HMFC, given one non league club was fined ?325.

I hope HMFC tell the SFA they can ram their fecking fine as far up their fat useless feckin erses as it will fit, and if needs be we then seek legal advice and meet these spunk bubbles in court. There will only be one winner, and it won't be the SFA.

davemclaren

It seems a disproportionate response particularly since our record has improved. Unless they had set Hearts a specific target, and we failed to meet it, I can't see how this fine can be justified.

durhamhearts

It was a beauty.

Craig Levein said he lost count of the mistakes the ref (Dougie Macdonald) made after 56 or something very similar and was fined for criticising the refs performance. I could be wrong about the exact number tho

Clerry Jambo

When referees come out and openly state they, for example, referee Old Firm games differently from any other games they should be getting hauled up in front of their own disciplinary committee, and either fined, demoted or sacked.

Spot on PJ

That has always annoyed me and yet gets totally overlooked, no surprise though :verymad:

Archived