The Doocot Pub.

Lady jambo

wrong pub tam had nothing to do with the doocot it was the ferryboat he had

Thats the one .cheers for putting me right.Do you know Tam?

I grew up, basically, in The Gunner, but used to go for a walk now and again to The Do'cot, Muirhouse Inn, The Norret and The Ye Olde Inn and felt safer in The Do'cot, on my travels, because of Big Dick and his reputation. Couldn't go to The Ferryboat often because May and Kenny where my "fake" aunty and uncle and new how old I was.

I know the Haston's have a nephew on here.

Sorry just added that because I've never been an "In the know" poster before.

I grew up, basically, in The Gunner, but used to go for a walk now and again to The Do'cot, Muirhouse Inn, The Norret and The Ye Olde Inn and felt safer in The Do'cot, on my travels, because of Big Dick and his reputation. Couldn't go to The Ferryboat often because May and Kenny where my "fake" aunty and uncle and new how old I was.

I know the Haston's have a nephew on here.

Sorry just added that because I've never been an "In the know" poster before.

god showing your age now may & kenny at the ferryboat, circa 1970

god showing your age now may & kenny at the ferryboat, circa 1970

No not 1970, I was still in the Pans in 1970 and they had Berlington Berties then. I was at Craigroyston when they had the Ferryboat,76-80, unless they had the Ferryboat before BB and then went back to it around my time.

As someone who is barred from the ferryboat, anchor and the gunner - I cant wait for it to open!

Wooft!

You must have went some to be barred from those three! What did you do?

Thats the one .cheers for putting me right.Do you know Tam?

used to drink in the ferryboat when tam had it no been in there for years now my brother and cousins knew him quite well

As someone who is barred from the ferryboat, anchor and the gunner - I cant wait for it to open!

You sound like a real nice guy.

:smashit:

used to drink in the ferryboat when tam had it no been in there for years now my brother and cousins knew him quite well

you,ll know what hes like then!!!! I grew up next door to Tam and served our time together at Monktonhall.Did Bob Martin work behind the bar?

Archived