Private Hire Taxi Driver - Average Earnings?

Col1874

Evening All,

Firstly, I understand that a PHC license is required, but I am bored of working in an office and would prefer to be out and about rather than stuck behind a computer all day.

Does anyone know what kind of earnings a private hire taxi driver makes?

I know its less than black cab drivers but a rough idea would be great.

Not being funny but if you have no idea then there's no need to reply. :thumbsup:

Evening All,

Firstly, I understand that a PHC license is required, but I am bored of working in an office and would prefer to be out and about rather than stuck behind a computer all day.

Not being funny but if you have no idea then there's no need to reply. :thumbsup:

You will end up being behind a wheel all day having to talk to all sorts of arseholes.

You will end up being behind a wheel all day having to talk to all sorts of arseholes.

...Again if you have no idea there's no need to reply. :P

Daydream Believer

Evening All,

Asking taxi drivers to admit publicly how much they earn?

:lol:

vlad on the tyne

Put what you earn into hours worked to get it and you will quickly realise your better off where you are mate.

Evening All,

Might be a better bet to go for a PCV licence.

Lothian and First both taking drivers on just now.

Roy Croppers Handbag

Put what you earn into hours worked to get it and you will quickly realise your better off where you are mate.

Well said mate. I do the Taxis in West Lothian amd for a 60 hour week my wages are about 350-400. I am not a private hire but I used to be - Avoid it mate. Better off where you are.

Well said mate. I do the Taxis in West Lothian amd for a 60 hour week my wages are about 350-400. I am not a private hire but I used to be - Avoid it mate. Better off where you are.

That is not a good hourly rate. Add in the high risk of piles and, well... :ninja:

North Berwick Jambo

Kickback prepared me well for becoming a self employed driver & i earn enough. :thumbsup:

It all depends where you are based, what time you work etc, being in East Lothian the vast majority of my customers between spring & autumn are going to & from the airport or Waverley to the golf courses etc & that is great money while in winter i do mostly quick local runs & it takes quite a few to get a decent weekly wage. There are also companies down here that do golf tours in luxury mini buses & they pay very well for a few days driving about Scotland. Deciding to go self-employed last year was the best move i ever made but i had work lined up in advance.

I thought driving private hire taxis meant you got to talk to people in the know at Tynie?

Well, it's about ten feckin' quid for a ten minute journey, so multiply that up for an 8-hour shift and you're pushing ?500! Which translates to a yearly earning of nearly ?125k! Minus a few quid for petrol and you're still clearing a hundred grand easy!

Robbing b*******!

The Old Tolbooth

Well, it's about ten feckin' quid for a ten minute journey, so multiply that up for an 8-hour shift and you're pushing ?500! Which translates to a yearly earning of nearly ?125k! Minus a few quid for petrol and you're still clearing a hundred grand easy!

Robbing b*******!

You make it sound so simple :lol:

Remember you will not have much money left after deductions for usual cabbie expenses- petrol, fast food, gaffer tape and prostitutes......

sick.of.romanov

Finished with ecph cause they hold all the aces. There cheap meter does nothing for the driver and with fuel going through the roof its probably best avoided. I used to enjoy it but the way the company was run in the end ruined it.

Archived