Fitness Thread

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

AlimOzturk

I think my dream of becoming a body builder will only happen once my knees give in

Had a shocker last week due to an old knee injury flaring up. Hoping this week i can get back into it without anything going wrong.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Managed to up myself from earlier in the month. Managed sets of 10, 8, 6 then 4 of the 30kg weights tonight with the dumbbell chest press before being absolutely buckled.

Progress makes you feel fantastic! :)

Managed to up myself from earlier in the month. Managed sets of 10, 8, 6 then 4 of the 30kg weights tonight with the dumbbell chest press before being absolutely buckled.

Progress makes you feel fantastic! :)

Nice work bud.

Was doing DB press earlier this week myself for first time in months, love it and it's a nice change from barbell bench

Nice work bud.

Was doing DB press earlier this week myself for first time in months, love it and it's a nice change from barbell bench

I'm thinking about taking some vitamin s to get ripped. Do you have any knowledge you could pass on. I'm a bit feart. :D

I'm thinking about taking some vitamin s to get ripped. Do you have any knowledge you could pass on. I'm a bit feart. :D

Think main things to monitor are blood pressure and cholesterol levels? Also from what I know they make it a lot easier to hold muscle so if you keep protein high and bring cals right down you should still hold a decent amount of muscle tissue. Other than that I don't really know tbh

Did legs yesterday and I am actually buckled today. Its my oldest kids sportsday today, hope she's not expecting me to do the daddys race as there's no chance! :lol:

Think main things to monitor are blood pressure and cholesterol levels? Also from what I know they make it a lot easier to hold muscle so if you keep protein high and bring cals right down you should still hold a decent amount of muscle tissue. Other than that I don't really know tbh

Me tae, on further reflection, I'll leave it alone and diet slower and longer. Edited by aussieh

AlimOzturk

After a week of an all inclusive holiday i am once again feeling like crap and have zero motivation to even shift my fat are to work. :laugh:

After a week of an all inclusive holiday i am once again feeling like crap and have zero motivation to even shift my fat are to work. :laugh:

Rude not to get your moneys worth when its all inclusive :lol:

Legs in bits after yesterday but walked 3 miles today and then went to gym. 120kg paused bench for 19 reps (not all at once) and 70kg OHP for 8 plus plenty other bits n bobs. Fair to I am completely burst!

Legs in bits after yesterday but walked 3 miles today and then went to gym. 120kg paused bench for 19 reps (not all at once) and 70kg OHP for 8 plus plenty other bits n bobs. Fair to I am completely burst!

Oh , baguette!

:)

AlimOzturk

Some change in a couple of years. 2 and half stone or more. Put on a bit of weight on holiday but confident enough to lose it.4f33b5c1f11df201b573cd094b12e615.jpg

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Stuart McNeill

Some change in a couple of years. 2 and half stone or more. Put on a bit of weight on holiday but confident enough to lose it.4f33b5c1f11df201b573cd094b12e615.jpg

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Well done lad. You must certainly feel the difference when running about the five's pitch.

Keep it up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AlimOzturk

Well done lad. You must certainly feel the difference when running about the five's pitch.

Keep it up.

Cheers stuart although going by my performance today i still have a long way to go :laugh:

WSM

:yas:

Go Eddie!

Edited by aussieh

WSM

:yas:

Go Eddie!

Chuffed for him. Just hope he now sticks to his word and retires from WSM before he drops dead Edited by RS86

Chuffed for him. Just hope he now sticks to his word and retires from WSM before he drops dead

That squat bar, :rofl: 700 for 15 :D

That squat bar, :rofl: 700 for 15 :D

Pulled a 475kg deadlift in the blazing Botswana sun on 2nd day of competing too, unreal!!

hughesie27

Imagine someone on here might be able to help with an injury I have.

Couple of weeks ago I got lower back pain that has persisted for about 3 weeks now. It's almost certainly related to me beginning to run (up to 5k) fairly regularly and after a short 15 min HIIT session.

Went to docs eventually yesterday and he pretty much rules ruled out everythi by other than soft tissue damage. I've been shown a few stretches to do by the physio at my work but after giving them a proper go yesterday my back is worse than it ever has been today.

Is it normal for something like this to get worse before getting better?

Biting the bullet and have decided that 2018 is the year I do a marathon at 54. Done a couple of halfs, 10 milers and loads of 10k's. Thinking Vancouver in May next year. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm slow and steady, find me pace and plod round but 26 miles scares the **** out of me. Want to do it once.

Couple of weeks ago I got lower back pain that has persisted for about 3 weeks now. It's almost certainly related to me beginning to run (up to 5k) fairly regularly and after a short 15 min HIIT session.

Went to docs eventually yesterday and he pretty much rules ruled out everythi by other than soft tissue damage. I've been shown a few stretches to do by the physio at my work but after giving them a proper go yesterday my back is worse than it ever has been today.

Had a brutal lower back injury a couple of years back it had completely swollen up.

Mostly what I done was rest it for a few days and try to sit in a chair instead of lying down on my bed which is what i first done but if anything made it worse. I also done exercises but i think the doctor told me do an exercise for 30 secs but it was painful so i done it for 10 seconds every couple of hours and started to build it back up and it took a week or so to feel back to normal.

Would defo go back to your doctor if it hasn't shown any improvement in the next few days, its a complete nightmare.

I had that last summer when I started running regularly after 14 months of no exercise. For about 3 or 4 weeks every time I got out of my chair I struggled to stand up straight; I just kept at it and it sorted itself out. Probably not the best way to do it, but it's not been any bother since.

Stepped into the ring to do some sparring for the first time last night and I was more shattered in a minute of sparring than an hour of the fitness class. I now understand what the term fighting fit is and got to say anyone who can step in the ring and batter out any sort of rounds deserves respect because it is bloody hard work. In terms of the actual boxing I done reasonably well considering it was my first time but got a lot to work on in terms of technique etc but I think that will come once I get more experience in the ring. Can't wait to do it again!

Stepped into the ring to do some sparring for the first time last night and I was more shattered in a minute of sparring than an hour of the fitness class. I now understand what the term fighting fit is and got to say anyone who can step in the ring and batter out any sort of rounds deserves respect because it is bloody hard work. In terms of the actual boxing I done reasonably well considering it was my first time but got a lot to work on in terms of technique etc but I think that will come once I get more experience in the ring. Can't wait to do it again!

Fittest I ever was cardio-wise was when I used to go to boxing. Only time I have ever had visible abs too lol

Fittest I ever was cardio-wise was when I used to go to boxing. Only time I have ever had visible abs too lol

Defo the best workout for cardio, for me anyway. Since I had to get my acl repaired i've found it difficult to find a cardio i enjoyed instead of football because i cannot stand treadmills etc but been doing this over a year now and absolutely love it. I had to buy new work trousers because i had lost a lot of fat about 2/3 months in which felt brilliant.

Defo the best workout for cardio, for me anyway. Since I had to get my acl repaired i've found it difficult to find a cardio i enjoyed instead of football because i cannot stand treadmills etc but been doing this over a year now and absolutely love it. I had to buy new work trousers because i had lost a lot of fat about 2/3 months in which felt brilliant.

Same with mma. Conditioning work is solid. I miss it tbh but too invested in what I am doing just now to go back to it.

Good work on the fat loss. I had to do the opposite with my work trousers and it wasn't all muscle :lol:

Sierra Delta

Where about do you box? 

Been going to the gym now for a few months don't seem to be losing any weight.

Just looking to get rid of the beer belly and tone up. Can anyone recommend a decent workout

Sierra Delta

Just looking to get rid of the beer belly and tone up. Can anyone recommend a decent workout

Probably better to start with your diet. Find out what your TDEE is (https://tdeecalculator.net), knock a couple of hundred calories off that and track your foods with MyFitnessPal. Give it a couple of weeks and adapt from there depending on the results. 

Training has been going brilliantly laat couple weeks. After an off spell where I stopped training and was in a bad place I have bounced back well.

140kg paused bench for 3 sets of 3 followed by 120kg x 9 today, 190kg x 10 top set on deadlifts the other day and 170kg squat x 5.

Feels good to be back into it :)

Stuart McNeill

Got back into the swing of things after having finally finished college. Was able to match what I was doing before but found it difficult if I'm honest.

Thought after having destroyed my legs with squats I cycle for an hour the day after. Still feeling it three days later. =(.

Less than 300 meters of 25km in under an hour. Will try beat it next time!

Thought after having destroyed my legs with squats I cycle for an hour the day after. Still feeling it three days later. =(.

Ooft. Can only imagine how that must feel!

The number of calories going out needs to be more than the number going in.  It's all related to your diet, and can be quite hard to adapt to it at first.

Keep up the exercise, and try to cut out foods like potatoes or pasta.  Especially knock off any alcohol and chocolate - trust me, this one is impossible! :lol:

You'll quickly start to see the difference.  Can I ask what you tend to do at the gym?  It could also be that your workout routine that needs adjusted to better suit what it is you're trying to achieve in the gym :)

The number of calories going out needs to be more than the number going in. It's all related to your diet, and can be quite hard to adapt to it at first.

Keep up the exercise, and try to cut out foods like potatoes or pasta. Especially knock off any alcohol and chocolate - trust me, this one is impossible! :lol:

You'll quickly start to see the difference. Can I ask what you tend to do at the gym? It could also be that your workout routine that needs adjusted to better suit what it is you're trying to achieve in the gym :)

I usually do 15 to 20 on running machine and about the same on cross trainer. Then go onto the weights for quads and hamstring and chest press.

I usually do 15 to 20 on running machine and about the same on cross trainer. Then go onto the weights for quads and hamstring and chest press.

If you aren't losing weight by doing that you must have upped your calorie intake.

If you aren't losing weight by doing that you must have upped your calorie intake.

Probably the take aways and the beers at the wkends.

I've started that fitness pal app now so going to watch what I'm doing now. I've still got a 1000 calories to take today and that's after all my meals and still to go to the gym. Should I be eating a little more or is this ok?

I'd say you're bang on for the cardio :thumbsup:  Keep up a fairly decent pace and you'll be fine - as long as you're not just there for a walk, you'll see the benefit (not even joking, the amount of people I see doing that is unreal).

Keep it up with the weights as well, and you'll start to see the pounds flying off.  I wouldn't worry about "putting on" weight this way, as your calorie intake shouldn't allow for it.

Bin the take aways and beers, and stick with it. Make sure you're eating plenty of vegetables, and try to eat lean/low fat meats.  You could also try "meal prepping" where you make food for the week in advance, and it means you know that you'll be eating healthily and can keep track of your calories easier.  I subscribe to a good subreddit, "Meal Prep Sunday" where people regularly post recipes and ideas to try out - https://www.reddit.com/r/MealPrepSunday/.  You could have a look and try it out :)

I'd say you're bang on for the cardio :thumbsup: Keep up a fairly decent pace and you'll be fine - as long as you're not just there for a walk, you'll see the benefit (not even joking, the amount of people I see doing that is unreal).

Keep it up with the weights as well, and you'll start to see the pounds flying off. I wouldn't worry about "putting on" weight this way, as your calorie intake shouldn't allow for it.

Bin the take aways and beers, and stick with it. Make sure you're eating plenty of vegetables, and try to eat lean/low fat meats. You could also try "meal prepping" where you make food for the week in advance, and it means you know that you'll be eating healthily and can keep track of your calories easier. I subscribe to a good subreddit, "Meal Prep Sunday" where people regularly post recipes and ideas to try out - https://www.reddit.com/r/MealPrepSunday/. You could have a look and try it out :)

Thanks for this. That meal prep is a great idea

I feel like this is the best place to mention that I have just eaten 8 Crunchies in the space of around 10 or 15 minutes.

**** sake man :lol:

Been playing alot of football lately. My diet however has been scandalous

Need to sort it.

I feel like this is the best place to mention that I have just eaten 8 Crunchies in the space of around 10 or 15 minutes.

:wow:

Dem gainz

:sweeet:

:pleasing: I felt bad the other night after 4 bags of walkers baked but this is next level :rofl:

Any ideas for healthy lunches to make for work?

What's the best bread for sandwiches

Crunchies.

For both :lol: