Fitness Thread

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Americana
15 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

He's doing an A Level course at 6th Form College in Rugby and Sports, so he's in the gym in the morning, rugby training in the afternoon three days a week, game on a Wednesday, he goes the the gym at night as extra training along with sprint training every day, I'm not entirely sure what weights he's using other than he's got up to 50kg squats(?). He started in September at 8 stone, he's 9.75 stone now. 

Up the protein, up the carbs . Pasta, rice its all good. Sounds like cutting isnt on the agenda just getting bigger, still young too. As long as he is eating clean and getting in as much protein as your bank balance will allow in his diet , he will continue to gain. 

Cant comment on squats , I am pretty tall and they have a habit of damaging my back when I get over 120, but I am not exactly in my prime at 37 🤣

1 minute ago, Americana said:

Cant comment on squats , I am pretty tall and they have a habit of damaging my back when I get over 120, but I am not exactly in my prime at 37 

I'm 37 and in my prime 😅

Dawnrazor
10 hours ago, Americana said:

Up the protein, up the carbs . Pasta, rice its all good. Sounds like cutting isnt on the agenda just getting bigger, still young too. As long as he is eating clean and getting in as much protein as your bank balance will allow in his diet , he will continue to gain. 

Cant comment on squats , I am pretty tall and they have a habit of damaging my back when I get over 120, but I am not exactly in my prime at 37 🤣

Thanks👍

I was just a bit concerned that all the extra protein might be putting stress on kidneys or something else, he's certainly working off what he's taking in by the looks of things.

Edited by Dawnrazor

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Anyone tried shilajit? Supposed to give you energy and boost testosterone? 

The fact it has been around for a very long time (used in some cultures for couple of hundred years apparently) and i've only heard of it now makes me think it's a lot of sh-ilaj-it.

spirt of 98
6 hours ago, RS86 said:

The fact it has been around for a very long time (used in some cultures for couple of hundred years apparently) and i've only heard of it now makes me think it's a lot of sh-ilaj-it.

Yeah I am very suspicious that all the adverts are hype and sales marketing. 

Americana
On 29/02/2024 at 17:00, spirt of 98 said:

Anyone tried shilajit? Supposed to give you energy and boost testosterone? 

You should try some Testosterone for your Testosterone 🤣

Not your cup of tea , Ive tried a massive amount of supps and get bloods done quite a bit nothing worked as well as a simple ZMA. Use Mobu for all of my stuff .

spirt of 98
29 minutes ago, Americana said:

You should try some Testosterone for your Testosterone 🤣

Not your cup of tea , Ive tried a massive amount of supps and get bloods done quite a bit nothing worked as well as a simple ZMA. Use Mobu for all of my stuff .

If only testosterone would not leat to an early grave I’d try it. 

I use ZMA from my protien. 

Americana
57 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

If only testosterone would not leat to an early grave I’d try it. 

I use ZMA from my protien. 

Its not going to put you in a hole in the ground in your prime , its pretty common practice now for men 40+ to be on TRT. Can be used sensibly, like everything else it can also be abused but its certainly one of the safest steroids available.

• 2 weeks later...
Bindy Badgy

Arnold Classic UK is kicking off today. Hadi Choopan and Samson Douda, who cane 2nd and 3rd at Olympia, should be competing in the Men's Open and Thor and Mitchell Hooper are in the strongman. You can stream it for free.