The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Music and lyrics.

First time I've seen it and quite enjoyed it.

That song from pop :lol:

I posted that song on the 1980's thread :lol:

I enjoyed the film as well.

chester copperpot

I posted that song on the 1980's thread :lol:

I enjoyed the film as well.

I know aye. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

That song is now on my YouTube playlist :lol: love it!

I know aye. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

That song is now on my YouTube playlist :lol: love it!

Telt ye. If that song was really released in the 80's it would've pissed it to number one :lol:

chester copperpot

Telt ye. If that song was really released in the 80's it would've pissed it to number one :lol:

I wanna start a campaign to get it to number 1 now! :lol:

Might do a petition come X factor time :D

rudi must stay

The Circle

I thought this was an excellent film, really makes you think watching it and it has some great scenes. The acting is excellent as well, Tom Hanks strolls a difficult part and Emma Watson puts in a great performance, John Boyega puts in a good shift in a cameo part too

8/10

Rudolf's Mate

O Brother, Where Art Thou? 9/10

Only watched it again because a certain poster had posted Clooney gifs from the film. Great film and cracks me up no end.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Carl Fredrickson

Finally got round to watching Luther. Firstly I would say that the first two trailors for it were shown at 12A movies and my son was desperate to see it but it was released as a 15. He is disappointed as he wanted to see it.

Having watched it on my own last night, he will have to wait quite a while before he will see it :) 

Thought it was one of the better "superhero" movies I have seen BUT the wee lassies constant screaming was awful. 

Would give it 7/10  - more if the screaming wasnt in it so much

Finally got round to watching Luther. Firstly I would say that the first two trailors for it were shown at 12A movies and my son was desperate to see it but it was released as a 15. He is disappointed as he wanted to see it.

Having watched it on my own last night, he will have to wait quite a while before he will see it :)

Thought it was one of the better "superhero" movies I have seen BUT the wee lassies constant screaming was awful. 

Would give it 7/10  - more if the screaming wasnt in it so much

what is it about? can't find which one you are on about?

Carl Fredrickson

what is it about? can't find which one you are on about?

I did mean Logan. I was watching an episode of Luther when I made my post  :uhoh2:

Old age doesnt come by itself....

Watched the iceman last night followed by his confession tapes, he was a properly scary dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunkirk

6/10

Looks like a poor score but I did enjoy it and it was really well made. I wanted to like it more but behind the great music and sound there's not a lot there. It down a pretty poor job of conveying the scale of the operation (looked like maybe a few tens of thousands of people were involved and not nearly half a million.)

What is there is really good though and the tension is great but just missed more meat.

tokyowalnut

Dunkirk

6/10

Looks like a poor score but I did enjoy it and it was really well made. I wanted to like it more but behind the great music and sound there's not a lot there. It down a pretty poor job of conveying the scale of the operation (looked like maybe a few tens of thousands of people were involved and not nearly half a million.)

What is there is really good though and the tension is great but just missed more meat.

Agree with this. I was disappointed.

The Drop 8.5/10

The boy from the Sopranos last film before he died. Tom Hardy is outstanding as his cousin together reluctantly running a bar as a money laundering enterprise for Chechan gangsters.

Some cool twists. Noomi Rapace, she of the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo films also good alongside some good supporting performances. There's a dog also.

Carl Fredrickson

Spiderman Homecoming

My son was desperate to see this, I wasnt. However it was a lot better than I expected

7/10

Shanks said no

Lion

6/10

Disappointing adaptation of a really good book. Understandable though given the story is about a wee boy lost in India. Dev Patel stars in the 2nd half.

Mummy Reboot.       7/10 Had read terrible reviews but enjoyed it alot darker than I expected but worth watching if you liked the originals.

Transformers 5       5/10 Strange plot and took me 3 attempts as I kept falling asleep. Wasted the franchise a few films ago hopefully this will be the last.

Going in Style.           8/10 3 skint pensioners attempt to rob a bank that shafted one of them, a nice fun easy to follow film. Good cast kept it flowing.

Cars 3         7/10 Watched this with the 3 kids and I was the only one who didn't lose interest! Not sure what happened with the young ones but I thought there was enough humour and plot to enjoy it quite short which helped.

Edited by VivaObua

Shanks said no

Letters from Baghdad

7/10

Interesting documentary about the life of Gertrude Bell. A contemporary of T.E. Lawrence (of Arabia) who is remembered more although it is argued she had more influence in setting up the modern day Arab states. Having read a lot about Lawrence it was a decent take of WW1 middle eastern affairs. Main voice over by Tilda Swinton and some great archive footage of the time.

A bit late with some films from the Edinburgh Film Festival but caught a few decent ones.

Operation Mekong - I love a good Chinese action film and this was quality. Based on the true story of Chinese cops busting Thai drug smugglers on the Mekong river. Great fighting and some of the action scenes are insane. Very enjoyable. 8/10

Kaleidoscope - weird psychological drama starring the excellent Toby Jones and directed by his brother. A guy gets out of prison, goes out on a date that turns out badly and then his mother turns up. Not bad but not great. Saw Toby Jones there and he's built like the gable end of a fiver. 6/10

Shanks said no

The Bye Bye Man

3/10

US horror, absolutely nothing new to see. The minute they go into the basement you know its not going to end well.

luckyBatistuta

Just back from the War for the Planet of the Apes, thought it was brilliant. Think it would have to be a seriously bad film for me to dislike a Planet of the Apes movie. Out of the modern ones though my favourite is still the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Thought that was great because you get to see how it all started and to see Caeser's character develop.

Anyway,

War of the Planet of the Apes?8.5/10

jack D and coke

Just back from the War for the Planet of the Apes, thought it was brilliant. Think it would have to be a seriously bad film for me to dislike a Planet of the Apes movie. Out of the modern ones though my favourite is still the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Thought that was great because you get to see how it all started and to see Caeser's character develop.

Anyway,

War of the Planet of the Apes?8.5/10

I enjoyed it but thought they dragged it out a bit. Just seemed to be absolutely dozens of close ups of Caesar's angry face too.

Not as good as Rise for me but very decent[emoji1360]

Escobar PHM

The Invisible Guest (aka Contratiempo)

Spanish subtitled murder mystery thriller. Recommended to me by a pal and it was bloody excellent

I think its on Netflix now

It has more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing and an ending you wont forget in a hurry.

Well worth 90 minutes of your time 8.5/10

Edited by Escobar PHM

Another couple from last month's film festival...

The Story Of A Girl - coming of age drama about a teenage girl dealing with the aftermath of her sex tape going viral. Directed by Kyra Sedgwick and starring her husband, Kevin Bacon. Well acted and worth watching - not sure you'd want to watch it if you have a teenage daughter though! 7/10

The Last Photograph - directed by and starring Danny Huston (who sat directly behind me) about a father struggling to deal with the loss of his son in the Lockerbie disaster. Decent. 7/10

Shanks said no

My name is Lenny

6/10

Mixed feelings about this biopic about Lenny McLean. It felt like a warts and all portrayal that showed him to be a mentally defective thug. Somehow though you were meant to care by the end that he was undefeated and had written a book and starred in a film but he was still a mentally defective thug.

rudi must stay

Dunkirk

Some movies are above criticism, this is such a film. He just gets better and better Christopher Nolan, the continuity in this film is spot on as is the acting, the music and the tone of the movie. Absolutely brilliant

10/10

Sinister

Started off pretty ok. Ended rubbish.

4/10.

Like Ethan Hawke tho

I really liked it, thought it kept you on the edge of the seat.

I actually liked the ending.

I am not a serial killer.

Gave it a go as it had some really good reviews. Found it boring as hell and switched off halfway through.

2/10

Edited by iantjambo

Shanks said no

?Pet

5/10

A psychological thriller about a bloke who puts a woman in a cage. Quite a few twists but not that great. Dominic Monaghan from Lost stars.

The Ridiculous 6

7/10

Really surprised that I quite enjoyed this Adam Sandler western. Its a throwback to Blazing Saddles and although it lacks the originality it did cheer me up and I did enjoy the juvenile humour. Good for a wet Sunday afternoon with a hangover.

Get Out - Plot's a bit thin but has some creepy moments and didn't find myself getting bored - 7/10

Zootropolis - Kids film but actually really enjoyable with some funny bits. 8/10

Spiderman (the first one) - Decent switch your brain off film and gets a bonus point because Kirstin Dunst looks amazing in it. 7/10

Shanks said no

Wakefield

7/10

Loved the plot idea, husband comes home from work, decides he's had enough of his wife / life, hides from her and watches how she will react when he doesn't come home. Good, albeit far fetched with Bryan Cranston playing the primary role.

chester copperpot

Spiderman homecoming.

Mildly amusing and quite enjoyable

6.5/10 saw it the night with the Thora.

Robin Hood Men in Tights. Been years since I last watched it.

:rofl:

Yes it's absolutely ridiculous but I was pissing myself the whole way.

8/10

Edited by Bauld

Rudolf's Mate

Wonder Woman

Finally a decent DC film. Up there with the best from Marvel. Strong female character too for a change.

8/10.

As I said, I initially wasn't feeling this film, but after seeing the trailer I changed my mind. Went yesterday to see it and it certainly didn't disappoint. A cracking DC offering, the whole family really enjoyed it.

8/10

Had to go back 3 pages to find you 2 ****ers :seething:

1hr 10 mins I endured of that pish. Worst thing was I'd been trying to get the Mrs to watch it based on your recommendations. I'm surprised nobody else has pulled you up! *****

1hr 10 mins I endured of that pish. Worst thing was I'd been trying to get the Mrs to watch it based on your recommendations. I'm surprised nobody else has pulled you up! *****

Sound like your raging because you never got your nat king after drooling over miss Gal Gadot for 70 mins before your wife turned the TV off imo.

luckyBatistuta

:rofl: Ok, I'll recommend another...The Human Centipede :thumb:

kingantti1874

Get out.. Lol.. Thought it was OK.. Funny tbh.. More comedy than horror 7/10

Kong Skull island. Meh! Didnt like it 4/10

Rudolf's Mate

Sound like your raging because you never got your nat king after drooling over miss Gal Gadot for 70 mins before your wife turned the TV off imo.

It was actually the Mrs who said this is terrible. I was quite pleased as it meant I put on what I wanted to watch.

Just felt like it was going nowhere fast.

:rofl: Ok, I'll recommend another...The Human Centipede :thumb:

GTF [emoji23]

It was actually the Mrs who said this is terrible. I was quite pleased as it meant I put on what I wanted to watch.

Just felt like it was going nowhere fast.

GTF [emoji23]

If you are into Horror then I recommend watching It Follows. A pretty good unique idea for a horror film. Watched it ages ago but seen it pop up on my FB feed recently saying it's been added to Netflix.

rudi must stay

Apt Pupil

Seen some weird movies but this is the weirdest I've even seen. Some genuinely bizarre scenes, the young guys overrating is at times very annoying and it's no shock he wasn't in anything big after. I did like Ian McKellen's acting though, he gives it his all in this film.

6/10