The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

chester copperpot

Just back from seeing Kong:Skull Island.

Quite simply...9.5/10

Best movie action wise, cinematography, even sound wise, I have seen in a long time.

Just watched this and although wasn't bad I think 9.5 is waaaay too high.

6/10 for me though the fight with Kong and the big lizard was pretty cool tho.

...a bit disco

Just watched this and although wasn't bad I think 9.5 is waaaay too high.

6/10 for me though the fight with Kong and the big lizard was pretty cool tho.

To each their own.

Take it you never went for the large White Lightning slushy with your popcorn then?

:wink:

chester copperpot

To each their own.

Take it you never went for the large White Lightning slushy with your popcorn then?

:wink:

I partly think that was the problem. Didn't watch it in the cinema where I have no doubts would have been a far more enjoyable film.

Still enjoyed it tho. I have quite a black or white taste in movies. Either amazing or awful. This one was pretty good tho so that's probably a 7 instead of a 6 then

I have quite a black or white taste in movies. Either amazing or awful. This one was pretty good tho so that's probably a 7 instead of a 6 then

giphy.gif

luckyBatistuta

I have quite a black or white taste in movies. Either amazing or awful. This one was pretty good tho so that's probably a 7 instead of a 6 then

And here's another...

IMG_2793.gif

Kill the Irishman. 7/10.

Good story and a fit wee blonde lass gers them oot for a wee Brucie Bonus.

luckyBatistuta

Trespass Against Us...A film about a gypsy family, where Chad (Michael Fassbender) is trying to escape from a life under his overpowering criminal father (Brendan Gleeson) to start a new life elsewhere for the sake of his children. It's a bit of a slow burner, but alright, nothing special...6/10

Whilst it's not a new film I watched frost/Nixon last night and really enjoyed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...a bit disco

Pandora (Netflix)

Korean disaster movie about a nuclear meltdown at a neglected plant.

Usual Korean overacting in parts but a good film nonetheless. Sad too.

7/10

...a bit disco

Rogue One

Went in to this only knowing the basic plot (rebels nick DS plans) so was pleasantly surprised by the whole affair.

A more 'grown-up' Star Wars movie. With sad bits. (Maybe I'm having a midlife crisis or somesuch   :sob: )

8.5/10

chester copperpot

Collateral Beauty

Could see what was happening from throughout the plot however I was still in bits watching it

7/10 as I like a wee weepy fIlm now and again.

rudi must stay

Why Him

Thought this film was excellent, honestly plenty of very funny moments. Superb acting from Cranston and Franco as well throughout

8/10

I, Daniel Blake

6/10

About a Geordie Bloke who has a heart attack and then gets screwed over by the benefits system trying to force him back to work early. Decent enough but pretty depressing, and was a bit like an even bleaker than normal episode of Eastenders, only longer and set in Newcastle.

luckyBatistuta

Pandora (Netflix)

Korean disaster movie about a nuclear meltdown at a neglected plant.

Usual Korean overacting in parts but a good film nonetheless. Sad too.

7/10

Love Korean films, proper old movies like they used to make. Yes, they do overact at times, but it's something a bit different. This film was excellent imo...9/10

and sad is an understatement.

Definitely worth a watch.

luckyBatistuta

Operation Avalanche... a movie about young filmmakers (Matt Johnson, Owen Williams) who are recruited by the CIA in 1967 to shoot footage of a fake moon landing after learning that NASA is losing the space race to the Russians. The film has had some mixed reviews, but I quite enjoyed it, but maybe that's because I believe the moon landing was actually faked...7/10

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Get Out - comedy horror about a black guy who goes on a weekend visit to meet his white girlfriend's family where things aren't what they seem. Lots of hype and it's got some interesting things to say about racial politics in the US but not enough horror for me. Good fun though. 7/10

luckyBatistuta

Just back from taking the kids to see Beauty and the Beast at the cinema. I didn't really want to watch it, but you've got to suck it up for the kids. I was pleasantly surprised though, it was actually quite good. I'll give it a 7/10, might have helped that my seat was so comfortable and drinks were very good, because the Dominion is superb.

Ghostbusters (2016)

Wasn't really expecting much to be honest but I actually enjoyed it. Great to see most of the cast from the original making cameo appearances.

7/10

Free Fire - arms deal goes wrong. Which is the set up for an hour long shootout in a warehouse. Great action and very funny stuff from a good cast including Cillian Murphy, Brie Larson, Armie Hammer and the excellent Sharlto Copley. 8/10

Carl Fredrickson

Boss Baby. My 6 year old has been wanting to see this since he saw a trailer for it months ago. A couple of funny moments but I doubt I will ever watch it again.

4/10 from me, 9/10 from my son

Kong island 8/10. Can't go wrong with Samuel l jackson and King Kong in the same film. Entertaining and cool monster effects make it a really decent watch.

Carl Fredrickson

Kong Island on the reviews on here and I really enjoyed it. Cant add to what has already been mentioned.

The Most Hated Woman In America. The true story of Madalyn Murray O'Hair who founded the Amercian Athiests organisation and won a court battle Re the right to pray in US schools. Very interesting film, acting wasnt the greatest but the story was enough to keep me interested for its 92 minutes. 7/10

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Watched this with my son last night and he loved it. Similar in feel to A Serious of Unfortunate Events, a decent family movie. 7/10

Shanks said no

The Light between the Oceans

3/10

Thought it was one for the wife but she hated it too. If you watch the trailer then you've watched the film. Dull, boring and stupid. A lighthouse keeper goes on a guilt trip when he does something wrong.

chester copperpot

Watched USS Indianapolis this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cage acted well in it for a change

7.5/10

Shanks said no

A Street cat named Bob

7.5/10

A very pleasant British film. Based on a true story / book about a junkie beggar who reforms. A few good laughs but maybe portrayed things a little too cleanly for my liking.

Say What Again

The Siege of Jadotville - 7/10

True story of an Irish UN peace keeping force in the Congo in 1961.

I won't say much more about the story, but an interesting watch with a decent amount of action. Stars Jamie Dornan (from The Fall), Mark String, and the guy who played Roose Bolton in Game of Thrones.

It's on Netflix for those without Kodi.

Ghost in the Shell 6/10

Its okay. Worth a look. Story is okay with some twists.

Graphics good with interesting future possibilities for advertising, entertainment and security.

I'll not mention the story line here. I left with a familiar feeling that outwith some story details its a familar action, buddy formula.

Scarlett Johansson is cool and worth seeing the movie for if she is your cup of cinnamon tea. And Schroedgeor's cat is in it too.

rudi must stay

Trainer!

Watched this on Netflix. Really good documentary on football management, with some great insight from guys like Jurgen Klopp

8/10

Watching Rogue one.

20 minutes in and it's already spanked the arse off the force awakens.

Heading for a solid 8/10 maybe higher.

Shanks said no

Rogue One

No score given

Sorry but I just can't get into Star Wars films, switched off after 30 minutes.

Bridget Jones's Baby

7/10

Sorry again, but I actually enjoyed this! No Hugh Grant which helped, great soundtrack and quite funny.

Edited by godandgorgie2012

luckyBatistuta

Rogue One

No score given

Bridget Jones's Baby

7/10

Hmmm, your movie reviewing credentials have taken a knock.

Shanks said no

Hmmm, your movie reviewing credentials have taken a knock.

I know! I really didn't want to like BJB but whether I was in an unusually good mood or just trying to please the wife (didn't work) there was something about it that worked!

anyway

The Edge of Seventeen        

7.5/10

US teen film that works. Completely understand why Hailee Steinfeld was nominated for a Golden Globe. Woody Harrelson brings dry wit as the teacher who really doesn't give a shit. Good coming of age film.

Carl Fredrickson

Rogue One

No score given

Sorry but I just can't get into Star Wars films, switched off after 30 minutes.

Bridget Jones's Baby

7/10

Sorry again, but I actually enjoyed this! No Hugh Grant which helped, great soundtrack and quite funny.

Man I have loved so many of your reviews but now, I dont know it feels like a lover being unfaithful

:sob:  

rudi must stay

I know! I really didn't want to like BJB but whether I was in an unusually good mood or just trying to please the wife (didn't work) there was something about it that worked!

anyway

The Edge of Seventeen

7.5/10

US teen film that works. Completely understand why Hailee Steinfeld was nominated for a Golden Globe. Woody Harrelson brings dry wit as the teacher who really doesn't give a shit. Good coming of age film.

There is so much depressing stuff about every comedy these days feels like a great film. Watched Horrible Bosses a few years ago, awful, now I think it's a decent film

luckyBatistuta

Aftermath

Complete horse shit

Watched this about 3/4 nights ago and forgot to post a review. It was maybe because I was actually trying to forget that I ever watched it. I know it's based on a true story, but I think it could have actually been quite a good film. Badly put together and Arnie should give it up trying to be a serious actor, he was awful.

chester copperpot

Watched this about 3/4 nights ago and forgot to post a review. It was maybe because I was actually trying to forget that I ever watched it. I know it's based on a true story, but I think it could have actually been quite a good film. Badly put together and Arnie should give it up trying to be a serious actor, he was awful.

:lol: he really was in that film anyway.

That ending though. What the actual feck

:lol:

:facepalm: