Gay Parents

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I don't know you, so I couldn't say.

It means I can't take anything you have to say seriously....or give it any merit.

Well I am not racist.  It doesn?t matter how many times you shout it, point the finger, talk under your breath, think it or make assumptions it doesn?t make it any less true.  I have never really seen you on here before but I have judged you already from that comment.  You seem to be one of these shout loud and accuse everyone around me of being a racist and it will make me look better.  Of course, I may be wrong but let us just say we have both made judgements of one another already.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It means I can't take anything you have to say seriously....or give it any merit.

Absolute nonsense! Just because he uses a word that doesn't fit in with your current pc lexicon. I seriously doubt he gives a flying feck about what you deem meritous or worth consideration.

Well I am not racist.  It doesn?t matter how many times you shout it, point the finger, talk under your breath, think it or make assumptions it doesn?t make it any less true.  I have never really seen you on here before but I have judged you already from that comment.  You seem to be one of these shout loud and accuse everyone around me of being a racist and it will make me look better.  Of course, I may be wrong but let us just say we have both made judgements of one another already.

He quite clearly stated that he couldn't possibly call you a racisit. And yet you come out with this pre-thought post.

Please i8, start telling us why black kids don't get bullied anymore.

fabienleclerq

You are correct in that people unconsciously discriminate, every one of us. And that would therefore include children. It's an evolutionary tendency for us to gravitate to what we know and those who are like us (it's why the tribal nature of football works so well). But at the same time, most of us being decent folk understand this and consciously make sure we don't do anything that discriminates intentionally against people.

But what we consider discrimination and acceptable changes throughout generations. So it wasn't seen as malice to use certain "short-hands" in the 80's that we would likely never use now. Similarly, I'd never have learned about gay parents at school because it wasn't a thing. But now it will be (albeit still very small numbers), and I think these initiatives are just a way to adapt to the current generational changes we are going through.

Whether 3 years old is too young, I guess that'll always be up for debate at this moment in time but if the premise is that there is nothing wrong with gay parents then there shouldn't be any restrictions on when kids come across this, imo.

My main issue is the age we expose kids to this, theres plenty things that there is nothing wrong with that i wouldn't want my three year old exposed to so imo there should be a restriction when we expose kids to it. The age ratings on films being one example.

He quite clearly stated that he couldn't possibly call you a racisit. And yet you come out with this pre-thought post.

Please i8, start telling us why black kids don't get bullied anymore.

I know what he said but his first post clearly insinuated it.  If you are not an idiot you could read between the lines.

Hmmm, I really think I have been clear on this.  But you clearly have trouble understanding basic English (clearly) so again:

Mostly every school in the UK I imagine is multi-cultural.  Race is simply not an issue in our daily lives anymore.  The sight of a black family living across the street is as head turning nowadays as a female going to the football on a Saturday.  I simply do not believe racist bullying is an issue at schools.  Black people will get bullied, Asians will and dare I say it white kids will even get bullied by non white kids??????.how dare I suggest such a thing!!!!.  However, I certainly do not think there is an overall systemic issue.  

I know what he said but his first post clearly insinuated it. If you are not an idiot you could read between the lines.

Hmmm, I really think I have been clear on this. But you clearly have trouble understanding basic English (clearly) so again:

Mostly every school in the UK I imagine is multi-cultural. Race is simply not an issue in our daily lives anymore. The sight of a black family living across the street is as head turning nowadays as a female going to the football on a Saturday. I simply do not believe racist bullying is an issue at schools. Black people will get bullied, Asians will and dare I say it white kids will even get bullied by non white kids??????.how dare I suggest such a thing!!!!. However, I certainly do not think there is an overall systemic issue.

I didn't insinuate you were racist....I insinuated that you were ignorant (at the very least) for using an outdated term.

Being racist and being ignorant are two very different things. Anything else you took from it, is your own insecurity.

Also....racist bullying is definitely still happening in schools.

Anyway, gay parents...

I know what he said but his first post clearly insinuated it.  If you are not an idiot you could read between the lines.

Hmmm, I really think I have been clear on this.  But you clearly have trouble understanding basic English (clearly) so again:

Mostly every school in the UK I imagine is multi-cultural.  Race is simply not an issue in our daily lives anymore.  The sight of a black family living across the street is as head turning nowadays as a female going to the football on a Saturday.  I simply do not believe racist bullying is an issue at schools.  Black people will get bullied, Asians will and dare I say it white kids will even get bullied by non white kids??????.how dare I suggest such a thing!!!!.  However, I certainly do not think there is an overall systemic issue.  

And exchange all of that with 'gay' and the situation is virtually identical.

Get on a bus full of school bairns and there will be at least one who clearly 'out' and nobody gives a ****.

I know what he said but his first post clearly insinuated it. If you are not an idiot you could read between the lines.

Hmmm, I really think I have been clear on this. But you clearly have trouble understanding basic English (clearly) so again:

Mostly every school in the UK I imagine is multi-cultural. Race is simply not an issue in our daily lives anymore. The sight of a black family living across the street is as head turning nowadays as a female going to the football on a Saturday. I simply do not believe racist bullying is an issue at schools. Black people will get bullied, Asians will and dare I say it white kids will even get bullied by non white kids??????.how dare I suggest such a thing!!!!. However, I certainly do not think there is an overall systemic issue.

In less than 24 hours your plain English has taken you from

"In 2017 you are simply not going to get bullied for being black."

To

"Black people will get bullied..."

Without even trying to admit you were talking shite beforehand.

You'vYou've also failed to make the connection between less racist views in recent years being associated with more cultural acceptance in society, whilst arguing that we shouldn't have Gay couples adopting in our society because others have homophobic beliefs.

On top of that you tried to argue that Education has had no impact on the sexual health of young people today. Despite thei

re being more avenues than ever before for those kids to discuss and explore their sexuality. Resulting in the metaphoric rainbow of specialities that we see everyday today.

A complete car crash on this thread. Keep it up.

And exchange all of that with 'gay' and the situation is virtually identical.

Get on a bus full of school bairns and there will be at least one who clearly 'out' and nobody gives a ****.

When I last attended school nearly 10 years ago there were 3 guys between S5 and S6 who were "out". Nobody gave a shit. Infact, one of them got bullied a lot for being a wimp at the start of high school. That stopped when he came out for some reason. This was at Forrester High School, hardly the most eloquent of establishments.

In less than 24 hours your plain English has taken you from

"In 2017 you are simply not going to get bullied for being black."

To

"Black people will get bullied..."

Without even trying to admit you were talking shite beforehand.

You'vYou've also failed to make the connection between less racist views in recent years being associated with more cultural acceptance in society, whilst arguing that we shouldn't have Gay couples adopting in our society because others have homophobic beliefs.

On top of that you tried to argue that Education has had no impact on the sexual health of young people today. Despite their being more avenues than ever before for those kids to discuss and explore their sexuality. Resulting in the metaphoric rainbow of specialities that we see everyday today.

A complete car crash on this thread. Keep it up.

Hmmmm did I say that black people would get bullied for being black though?

You know this is a far out comment I know but there are other reasons to bully a black kid than for their skin colour.

I bet you are one of those clowns that see every attack on a black kid etc as racially motivated.

Hmmmm did I say that black people would get bullied for being black though?

You know this is a far out comment I know but there are other reasons to bully a black kid than for their skin colour.

I bet you are one of those clowns that see every attack on a black kid etc as racially motivated.

I thought you would come out with that line.

Doubling down on racism is gone in UK schools.

Marvellous i8. :lol:

fabienleclerq

I don't want involved in the race debate but what term would be acceptable for a group of black people? I'd no idea saying Blacks was offensive.

I don't want involved in the race debate but what term would be acceptable for a group of black people? I'd no idea saying Blacks was offensive.

I wouldn't say blacks was that bad.

zoltan socrates

I don't want involved in the race debate but what term would be acceptable for a group of black people? I'd no idea saying Blacks was offensive.

Its not, objection to the term is simply another virtue signal, all too evident on this thread

Would anyone flinch if someone used the term ?whites? ? of course not so why the **** is using the term ?blacks? being highlighted? People are so pathetically desperate to call people on such trivial shit nowadays.   It says more about them in all honesty.

Jambo 4 Ever

Would anyone flinch if someone used the term ?whites? ? of course not so why the **** is using the term ?blacks? being highlighted? People are so pathetically desperate to call people on such trivial shit nowadays.   It says more about them in all honesty.

Don't see any problem with it

in the same way calling gay people gays is probably ok too

AlphonseCapone

Just to inject some humour to the thread, I thought instantly when I seen the title of the Frankie Boyle joke;

"I'd loved to have had a gay dad. Remember when you were a kid and everyone was like, my dad would batter your dad, my dad could batter your dad. Listen, my dad will shag your dad... and your dad will like it."

AlphonseCapone

Don't see any problem with it

in the same way calling gay people gays is probably ok too

Could always just use their names...

does anyone have any peer reviewed, solid empirical evidence to suggest that there is something wrong with homosexuals having kids, or is it just to do with peoples' gut reactions social aesthetics?

if there's no proof of there being any problem, and it doesn't have a material effect on you in any way (i.e. an effect on anything aside from you going 'yuk a dinny like that'), then surely the problem is just you? (i whisper it...are you repressing something? ;) )

does anyone have any peer reviewed, solid empirical evidence to suggest that there is something wrong with homosexuals having kids, or is it just to do with peoples' gut reactions social aesthetics?

if there's no proof of there being any problem, and it doesn't have a material effect on you in any way (i.e. an effect on anything aside from you going 'yuk a dinny like that'), then surely the problem is just you? (i whisper it...are you repressing something? ;) )

There is none and there is anecdotal evidence being given that it wouldn't be an issue at all these days.

Some people just don't like gay people being around kids for most likely bigoted reasons and try to justify it in other ways.

It's not a thread about homophobia though dude, it is a thread about children's welfare.  There are many types of people and couples that I do not think should be raising kids and for me gay couples are one of them.  I can't control it and nor would I want to.  I said earlier I don't even particularly feel that strongly about it I would just rather it did not happen.  I live in the real world and therefore I am a man of the world and I know how it would likely pan out. In order to be created (I am sure you don?t need a lesson) you need male and female input.  I also believe you need this male and female input throughout life.  Again just my personal opinion.  If someone is gay then that is how nature intended but they should not expect nature to change just for them.

It's not a thread about homophobia though dude, it is a thread about children's welfare.  There are many types of people and couples that I do not think should be raising kids and for me gay couples are one of them.  I can't control it and nor would I want to.  I said earlier I don't even particularly feel that strongly about it I would just rather it did not happen.  I live in the real world and therefore I am a man of the world and I know how it would likely pan out. In order to be created (I am sure you don?t need a lesson) you need male and female input.  I also believe you need this male and female input throughout life.  Again just my personal opinion.  If someone is gay then that is how nature intended but they should not expect nature to change just

So gay partnerts won't have male and female parents themselves who will have a large influence on their life, like most straight couples also have.

So single parents should just give up their kids for adoption too?

A loving gay couple > adoption. Every. Single. Time.

So gay partnerts won't have male and female parents themselves who will have a large influence on their life, like most straight couples also have. Kids with gay parents, surprisingly, will have grandparents too.

So gay partnerts won't have male and female parents themselves who will have a large influence on their life, like most straight couples also have.

FFS where did I say that? Please show me where.

Is a babies nature 2 men or a woman and man. Please answer.

Obviously life does not always pan out like this but in no way shape or form is a baby's natural requirement 2 men or 2 women.

http://whatweknow.law.columbia.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

Out of 79 published research papers, 75 came to the conclusion that children with gay parents fared no worse than others.

There's a surprise.

The abstract for all of those papers can be viewed at the bottom of the link.

http://whatweknow.law.columbia.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

Out of 79 published research papers, 75 came to the conclusion that children with gay parents fared no worse than others.

There's a surprise.

The abstract for all of those papers can be viewed at the bottom of the link.

That is me sold.

FFS where did I say that? Please show me where.

Is a babies nature 2 men or a woman and man. Please answer.

Obviously life does not always pan out like this but in no way shape or form is a baby's natural requirement 2 men or 2 women.

All a baby really needs is a loving environment.

The sex of the parents/parents is pretty much irrelevant.

Considering men playing a large role in children's upbringing is a relatively modern phenomenon, it would seem kids in no way, shape or form need a male and a female to bring them up.

Unless you also fancy arguing against thousands of years of evolution.

All a baby really needs is a loving environment.

The sex of the parents/parents is pretty much irrelevant.

Considering men playing a large role in children's upbringing is a relatively modern phenomenon, it would seem kids in no way, shape or form need a male and a female to bring them up.

Unless you also fancy arguing against thousands of years of evolution.

At the end of the day it is none of my business.  Just like it is no-one's business if two people wear protection.  I am not a vile repugnant institution . I am just putting in my 2 cents in and saying I see serious 'downstream impacts' with this.  I don't say for one second that a 'loving environment' is in question I would foresee nothing but love.  But it is not just about love though is it.  This is not Mills and Boons.  There are way more factors than 'love' involved.

You are completely entitled to hold whatever personal views you like, however if you think that the countries adaption policies should be set by school bullies then I think it is fair to dismiss the rest of your opinions as probably a load of pish too.

To be fair I never once said bullying was my only issue.  

At the end of the day it is none of my business.  Just like it is no-one's business if two people wear protection.  I am not a vile repugnant institution . I am just putting in my 2 cents in and saying I see serious 'downstream impacts' with this.  I don't say for one second that a 'loving environment' is in question I would foresee nothing but love.  But it is not just about love though is it.  This is not Mills and Boons.  There are way more factors than 'love' involved.

Which would be fine if you support it with evidence other than 'I think' or 'my gut feelings'

There is plenty evidence being posted to contradict your view point and nothing being posted to back it up other than your own personal views.

Provide evidence or your view points just can't be taken seriously at all.

Which would be fine if you support it with evidence other than 'I think' or 'my gut feelings'

There is plenty evidence being posted to contradict your view point and nothing being posted to back it up other than your own personal views.

Provide evidence or your view points just can't be taken seriously at all.

How can you evidence an opinion?  It is a personal opinion at the end of the day.  We all have them (well except Scottish Nationalists).

How do you form this opinion? Do you not alter your opinion if all the information points at you are wrong?

There is as little evidence to suggest I am wrong or right.  It is something that you just can't quantify, unless we monitor every single case until eternity, can we?  I therefore will stick with my much entitled to personal opinion.  That ok?

How can you evidence an opinion?  It is a personal opinion at the end of the day.  We all have them (well except Scottish Nationalists).

Well I duno about you but I like to form opinions based on all the available facts to me.

If all the available facts to be pointed to kids being adopted my gay couples as being detrimental to them, then my opinion would be the same as yours.

But the evidence would suggest the opposite, so it's my opinion that it isn't a bad thing.

fabienleclerq

One thing i find interesting is the stark difference in opinion in general of say two dads and the general opinion on a thread a while back regarding male nannies/childcarers.

i8 - "I am a man of the world"

I've ******* heard it all now! :rofl:

If you know what it means then yes I am.

Also, how is saying "People of colour" any different than saying "Coloured people"?  The latter is racist, the former is apparently fine.

They're both sketchy if you ask me.

According to Dictionary.com

Is that your offline persona?

I'm highly experienced in life BD.  I can not stress this point enough.

doctor jambo

having now reached into my 40's I think it is probably BETTER if kids are brought up in same sex families,

and it is pretty apparent that men and women are not supposed to stay together long term

The completed/ impending divorces or affairs of most of the folk I know in this age group bear testimony to this

( though I remain stubbornly married)

having now reached into my 40's I think it is probably BETTER if kids are brought up in same sex families,

and it is pretty apparent that men and women are not supposed to stay together long term

The completed/ impending divorces or affairs of most of the folk I know in this age group bear testimony to this

( though I remain stubbornly married)

Not a huge difference in divorce rates DJ:

The percentage of those same-sex couples who end their legal relationship ranges from 0% to 1.8%, or 1.1% on average across all listed jurisdictions per year, while 2% of married opposite-sex couplesdivorce annually.

doctor jambo

The percentage of those same-sex couples who end their legal relationship ranges from 0% to 1.8%, or 1.1% on average across all listed jurisdictions per year, while 2% of married opposite-sex couplesdivorce annually.

not a huge difference then- only double for heteros......

I rest my case- herteros should not have families due to the inherent differences in their libidos, TV preferences, rationality , shopping and spending habits.

The percentage of those same-sex couples who end their legal relationship ranges from 0% to 1.8%, or 1.1% on average across all listed jurisdictions per year, while 2% of married opposite-sex couplesdivorce annually.

Are the straight couple figures also an average? If so, that's almost twice as many as gay couples.

not a huge difference then- only double for heteros......

I rest my case- herteros should not have families due to the inherent differences in their libidos, TV preferences, rationality , shopping and spending habits.

Reminds me of a Rod Stewart quote when asked about gay marraige.

"Why should staright people be the only miserable ones"

Genius.

Jambo 4 Ever

men and women are different in many ways and I actually believe for a child to have parents male and female is the best way of learning the different yet important strengths and weakness of both

If parents are the same sex,  this may result in there being an imbalance in their understanding and not give a truthful understanding of both sexes

Are the straight couple figures also an average? If so, that's almost twice as many as gay couples.

Think about it though, the gay people have not been married long.  See those stats in 10 years.

men and women are different in many ways and I actually believe for a child to have parents male and female is the best way of learning the different yet important strengths and weakness of both

If parents are the same sex,  this may result in there being an imbalance in their understanding and not give a truthful understanding of both sexes

Bigot!

Daily Mail reader!

doctor jambo

as opposed to all the kids growing up with only one parent?

Heterosexual systems have broken down so badly now you are seeing an explosion of self harm, childhood mental illness, attatchment disorders and behavioural problems including ADHD

It is the inability of people to put the happiness of their offspring before their own that is the problem - not the gender of the parents

If parents are the same sex, this may result in there being an imbalance in their understanding and not give a truthful understanding of both sexes

Yes mate, that's why folk that raise kids as single parents are so poor at it. Always bringing up kids with an imbalanced understanding of both sexes.

:cornette:

Archived