New Queen Cover

PsychocAndy

I'll start by saying I hate Queen, detest, abhor and dislike immensely, but they have had 2 songs, Radio Ga Ga and Under Pressure, that were 1m% better than the rest.

Electric 6 did a no bad cover of R G G, and Vanilla Ice should be flogged to death but today it went further than that. I thought I was in hell. I had my thumb on the off button of the remote and couldn't move. It was Vanilla Ice and something called Jedwood.

If you see this is to come on the telly turn it off right away or you my need a new telly.

I would rather have my tadger nailed to a jumbo jet, or stick my hand in a mincing machine, both types, or even tackle that spider in my bath, than have to listen to that ever again.

Parents if you see your kids trying to download or buy this batter them to within an inch of their lives. You'd be doing everyone a service.

Thanks

PsychocAndy

Not a fan of Bohemian Rhapsody, Don't Stop Me Now, We Will Rock You, We are the Champions then?

Queen are without doubt the most over rated band in history. PA gets their only 2 good songs spot on. Cod music hall wallopers. Anyone who listens to, buys their stuff and then covers it, must be stopped. With extreme prejudice.

I disagree.....I think their music is great and they were without a doubt one of the best live bands ever.....

We will rock you the musical on the other hand is crap!!

Only people of a certain vintage think Queen are great. I had the misfortune to have to put up with this muck when in the car on the way to my grans every saturday from 1985 onwards.

Cannae stand them. Or Dire Straits. Or Chris Rea.

Thanks to all who have commented but this thread is about a really dire version of a Queen song made 100 x worse by Vanilla Ice then with the added vocal talents? of Jedwood or what ever they are called, making even worse still.

The Brow , you had it easy. I shared a room and record player with my elder brother, cant say big as he's only a shortarsed 6ft 1, who made me pay a Queen tax. Every time I played a single, he'd play one of their L P's "A Day At The Races", "A Night At The Opera" or "Duck Soup" or what ever. If he hadn't left at 17 I think I would have stabbed him in his sleep:sneaky: No I wouldn't have.

Miller Jambo 60
I'll start by saying I hate Queen, detest, abhor and dislike immensely, but they have had 2 songs, Radio Ga Ga and Under Pressure, that were 1m% better than the rest.

Electric 6 did a no bad cover of R G G, and Vanilla Ice should be flogged to death but today it went further than that. I thought I was in hell. I had my thumb on the off button of the remote and couldn't move. It was Vanilla Ice and something called Jedwood.

If you see this is to come on the telly turn it off right away or you my need a new telly.

I would rather have my tadger nailed to a jumbo jet, or stick my hand in a mincing machine, both types, or even tackle that spider in my bath, than have to listen to that ever again.

Parents if you see your kids trying to download or buy this batter them to within an inch of their lives. You'd be doing everyone a service.

Thanks

PsychocAndy

Luv qwuen, cant even spell it

Loved Queen (let's face it, they were over when FM popped his clogs) - all excellent musicians in their own right.

I have yet to hear a decent cover of anything they done - George Michael done a semi decent performance of Somebody to Love - but would rather not give him any credit as he is a fruitloop!

Covers in general should be avoided!

Miller Jambo 60
Only people of a certain vintage think Queen are great. I had the misfortune to have to put up with this muck when in the car on the way to my grans every saturday from 1985 onwards.

Can see your taste in music, raging machine

Op is a ****ing **** imo. Early Queen was superb. Radio Ga Ga etc was pish.

Don?t comment on things that you haven?t a ****ing clue about.

the cover of under pressure is f****n horrific and as someone has said any ****** downloading/buying this should be battered like you would a hobo. not all covers are utter p*** jamie cullums cover of "please dont stop the music" although not great its interestingly different from the original

You must know me, spot on, but this thread is not about Queen it's about a cover of one of the two half decent songs.

BTW I'm 45 and force fed Queen from a very early age and hated it then but as I've grown up, had different experiences and have mellowed, I still hate them with a passion.

Queen are bollocks. Anyone who disagrees is mentally handicapped. Yeah I went there.

Fixed that for you.

Sergio Garcia

I cant believe you have dared to mock the Jedward, I for one am shocked about this!

I am writing to my MP!

Jedward rule.

FACT!

END OF!

I cant believe you have dared to mock the Jedward, I for one am shocked about this!

I am writing to my MP!

Jedward rule.

FACT!

END OF!

I think ur training bra is on to tight u'll need to ask ur mummy to let it out a bit to let the blood flow to ur brain.

On my phone can't do smilies

Captain America
Queen would have won Pop Idol

They wouldn't have for one major reason, Pop idol was for solo singers, queen were a band, now X factor they may have had a chance.

:thumb:

Agreed , the OP will not have listened to track from queen,queen2,sheer heart attack etc and is as you put it a ****ing ****.

Agreed , the OP will not have listened to track from queen,queen2,sheer heart attack etc and is as you put it a ****ing ****.

Wrong, forced to listen to most all early Queen stuff and hated it and haven't heard anything since then that has made me like them, I wouldn't say that in particular made me a ****ing ****, there is lots of other things that I would say has made me the ****ing **** that I am.

They wouldn't have for one major reason, Pop idol was for solo singers, queen were a band, now X factor they may have had a chance.

:thumb:

You are right on two counts.

This isn't about how good or bad Queen are, but the really rank cover that will no doubt be in the top 10 today because you never listened to me and battered your kids to within an inch of their lives for buying it.

Hell mend you. I warned you. Don't come crying to me when it happens because as some of you has pointed out I'm a ****. Now you'll find out how big a **** I really am.

Wrong, forced to listen to most all early Queen stuff and hated it and haven't heard anything since then that has made me like them, I wouldn't say that in particular made me a ****ing ****, there is lots of other things that I would say has made me the ****ing **** that I am.

I'm saying nuthin ! :cheese: long live Jimi H !!!

Doctor FinnBarr

My daughter loves them-shes 9 and does a very passable version of Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't stop me now on karaoke but even she slags off Deadwood!

:cheese:

Baker Gurvitz Army would beat Queen on X Factor. Queen's USP was we're 4 talented musicians who all write songs, therefore we must be great. Only if they are great songs, and of course apart from 2, they were all pish.

Baker Gurvitz Army would beat Queen on X Factor. Queen's USP was we're 4 talented musicians who all write songs, therefore we must be great. Only if they are great songs, and of course apart from 2, they were all pish.

Just say you simply don't like them - end of.

No point in making up pretend reasons.

Note....Nothing personal...This was posted when I got back to my hotel abroad after a night on the lash...........I really like early Queen.:cheese:

Note....Nothing personal...This was posted when I got back to my hotel abroad after a night on the lash...........I really like early Queen.:cheese:

Not taken personally. I thought you might like Queen though. <_<

Evil Evil man had full blown Aids and all he wanted was to get his hands on as many young rent boys as he could (admitted by himself) ...and the music is utter p{@sh as well new or old stuff.

3 music students who got kicked up and down the place at their high school no doubt, and 1 rampant bumder with big teeth. Unless you're over 50, there's no excuse for listening to that turgid mince.

Anyway, not heard the cover, and won't hear it either. I don't subject myself to commercial radio as I have enough intelligence and self respect not to switch it on.

Don´t comment on things that you haven´t a ****ing clue about.

No, The OP is 100% Correct, Queen were the most Over rated, crappy boy band EVER!! Freddy Mercury was a Sleazy, buck toothed weirdo and Brian May, Don't get me started on the whelp of a man!!

Jam Tarts 1874

No, The OP is 100% Correct, Queen were the most Over rated, crappy boy band EVER!! Freddy Mercury was a Sleazy, buck toothed weirdo and Brian May, Don't get me started on the whelp of a man!!

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about son. Queen's live gigs in the 70's were legendary and they produced some of the best rock music ever during their early years. Yes their singles were pretty commercial and not always popular with their hard core fans, but I guarantee that no band that you like will ever have the millions of fans turning out to see them as Queen did during their best years.

Why don't you tell us who you like so we can lay into them?

this_is_my_story

Queen are without doubt the most over rated band in history. PA gets their only 2 good songs spot on. Cod music hall wallopers. Anyone who listens to, buys their stuff and then covers it, must be stopped. With extreme prejudice.

I'd agree with that.

It's all about opinions I suppose, though both of ours are correct in this case. B)

this_is_my_story

3 music students who got kicked up and down the place at their high school no doubt, and 1 rampant bumder with big teeth. Unless you're over 50, there's no excuse for listening to that turgid mince.

Anyway, not heard the cover, and won't hear it either. I don't subject myself to commercial radio as I have enough intelligence and self respect not to switch it on.

Huge LOL.

And not because I thought the term 'rampant bumder' was funny.

You couldn't make it up, really.

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about son. Queen's live gigs in the 70's were legendary and they produced some of the best rock music ever during their early years. Yes their singles were pretty commercial and not always popular with their hard core fans, but I guarantee that no band that you like will ever have the millions of fans turning out to see them as Queen did during their best years.

Why don't you tell us who you like so we can lay into them?

You havent a clue what your talking about son ...Brilliant retort

And you contridict yourself there ,People only turned out in millions when they they were producing commercial music as you say . In the 70s they were supporting Mott the Hoople in the ABC ....And Evil Freddie nearly got the whole band chucked out the Consort hotel in silverknowes bringing back underage rent boys ....scaramooch can you do the fandango indeed.

I like everything from the Stones to the Clash feel free to rip

Archived