**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, Peebo said:

It’s great to see him back after such a horrible injury.

It’s an interesting move. Seemed like the odd man out at the Jets, but you never know how highly-drafted QBs will actually turn out. The starting slot could have been Bridgewater’s soon enough.

The Saints obviously like him, and he seems to have a good shot of being Brees’ successor...but even though the latter is 39, that could be a few years away. 

Yeah, it’s a good team to land on, but if Brees remains healthy and just keeps going, then he’ll need to be on the move again. He’s too good to be a backup.

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not many better to learn from for a couple years though.

How long do you want to learn though

1 hour ago, KineticBeat said:

That's probably fair, I just don't trust Bortles at all and can't believe they think they are genuine contenders with him at the helm.

Agree, if you’re a serious contender, then surely you would want better than Bortles as a leader.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

chuck berrys hairline
9 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

College football back tonight. Saturday afternoon will be bliss.

You know if any of the midnight games are on TV? ESPN (us) my best bet I think

chuck berrys hairline
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

BT 2/ESPN have games I think I seen listed.

Yeah UCF game kicks off at 12 BT sport 2 ?

Sexton Hardcastle

**** sake. It’s utterly criminal and will mean a 4-12 season at best now. Selling out to Vegas was one thing but this is incredible.

Sexton Hardcastle

Despite being in good fettle having the Auburn game on seeing the full trade for Mack has ruined the weekend. Still can’t get my head round it. Giving up a second as well. 

Gruden wont see the year out at this rate.

44 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Despite being in good fettle having the Auburn game on seeing the full trade for Mack has ruined the weekend. Still can’t get my head round it. Giving up a second as well. 

Gruden wont see the year out at this rate.

I’m intrigued. How did you become so emotionally invested with the raiders that a player trade would ruin your weekend? 

Sexton Hardcastle
54 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I’m intrigued. How did you become so emotionally invested with the raiders that a player trade would ruin your weekend? 

Can’t recall which side you follow but I’ve been watching the raiders since the super bowl blow out all those years ago and every awful season since. Drafting and watching Mack dominate was special and for that to be traded for a shocking deal is frustrating as hell. Past couple of years became fairly competitive and losing one key player will ruin that without doubt.

J.T.F.Robertson

I may be a bit naive but you don't want someone who does not have a real desire to be there. (and yes I know, Le'Veon)

Sexton Hardcastle

I think he wanted to be there. Don’t see the Beara being much more competitive than the raiders any time soon and he lands in a  tough division. He deserved to get paid going on his performances and Donald’s deal but I get it is hard to allocate so much cap space to two players.

Rams will find out in a year or two with all their monster deals.

I think you're underestimating the Bears. They're a young team on the rise and Mack is joining an already superb D.

If Trubisky finds his game this year they'll do very well.

9 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Can’t recall which side you follow but I’ve been watching the raiders since the super bowl blow out all those years ago and every awful season since. Drafting and watching Mack dominate was special and for that to be traded for a shocking deal is frustrating as hell. Past couple of years became fairly competitive and losing one key player will ruin that without doubt.

Fair enough, just interested how people on this thread have got so into the teams they support. 

Placid Casual
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think you're underestimating the Bears. They're a young team on the rise and Mack is joining an already superb D.

If Trubisky finds his game this year they'll do very well.

NFC North is one tough division now!

7 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

NFC North is one tough division now!

Definitely. NFC North, NFC South and AFC West are probably the 3 most competitive divisions. NFC East as well actually.

NFC is absolutely stacked right now.

luckyBatistuta

Glad that Mack has got his move now and I can now rest easy that it’s not to the Colts. Yes, I would love to have him playing for us, but wouldn’t want to be giving up all those picks for him.

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Glad that Mack has got his move now and I can now rest easy that it’s not to the Colts. Yes, I would love to have him playing for us, but wouldn’t want to be giving up all those picks for him.

I seen a Tweet that got me thinking...

Take your last two first round picks. Would you trade them both for Mack? I sure as hell would.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I seen a Tweet that got me thinking...

Take your last two first round picks. Would you trade them both for Mack? I sure as hell would.

If you look at it just like that, then yes it would be a great bit of business. There is however a lot more to it with the Colts. The team is need of upgrading in a lot of different positions. If we give up those draft picks just for Mack, then it’s going to be difficult to strengthen elsewhere. If by getting Mack, we were going to be in the running for Super Bowls, then I’d be up for it, but you’re just bringing in a great player to a team who aren’t. So by the time we are maybe getting stronger, Macks best days could possibly be behind him. I would much rather we build through the draft imo.

Hampden Demolition

Buzzing for this to start on Thursday! Heading to Atlanta at the weekend and have a tour booked for the new Mercedes Benz Stadium. Looks unbelievable!

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

And Nike uniforms everywhere for the next 8 years...

Colin Kapernick isn't half causing some amount of trouble. I can see the Nfl paying him $40m just to gtf. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Colin Kapernick isn't half causing some amount of trouble. I can see the Nfl paying him $40m just to gtf. 

Yeah, right! 

Can someone who knows a bit more about the NFL than i do (if you've posted on the thread that'll fit the bill!) let me know if it's worth getting anyways excited about the Broncos chances this season?

Sexton Hardcastle
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Can someone who knows a bit more about the NFL than i do (if you've posted on the thread that'll fit the bill!) let me know if it's worth getting anyways excited about the Broncos chances this season?

Lucky to go over .500 this season. Keenum an upgrade at qb but not a long term answer.

Be amazed if the finished above the chiefs or Chargers.

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Lucky to go over .500 this season. Keenum an upgrade at qb but not a long term answer.

Be amazed if the finished above the chiefs or Chargers.

Meh.

Oh, well...hopes suitably diminished.

Thanks for the response.

Sexton Hardcastle

Right season predictions? Can revisit these in February.

AFC:  Steelers beat the Chargers

NFC: Saints beat the Rams

Super Bowl: Steelers

Season

MVP: Rodgers

OPOY: Gurley

DPOY: Bosa

OROY: Barkley

DROY: Roquan Smith

Coach of the year: Sean Mcvey

Come back player: Watt

J.T.F.Robertson
50 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

AFC:  Steelers beat the Chargers

NFC: Saints beat the Rams

Super Bowl: Steelers

Season

MVP: Rodgers

DPOY: Bosa

Coach of the year: Sean Mcvey

Come back player: Watt

If we win the Super Bowl, Tomlin will win COY and with our defence, he'll have earned it. ;)

AFC:  Steelers 

NFC: Vikings beat the Saints

Super Bowl: Vikings

Season

MVP: Brees

DPOY: Griffen

Coach of the year: Zimmer

Come back player: Rodgers

Sexton Hardcastle

Quite fancy the Falcons to get a result tonight. Foles will probably surprise a few people again including myself. Will probably watch the first half and see how it goes.

J.T.F.Robertson

Can't figure out why Pennsylvania is working itself up over a Super Bowl victory, should be well accustomed to it by now. :P

BobBobbington

Just watched the 40 minute version of the game on gamepass....Shit opener. Far too many flags. Matt Ryan was horrendous. Those 4 or 5 attempts to try and win it at the end and didn't throw a single catchable pass ?

Both Defense's  looked impressive though.

Edited by BobBobbington

Been watchin some NCAA stuff on BT sport last week or so. Some good stuff played, exciting to watch.

Game on now, Nebraska crowd is something else.

Bridge of Djoum

Very poor opener Thursday night. Improved 2nd half though. 

Julio Jones and Ajayi certainly came through for me in my fantasy team. Not the best night for Zach Ertz, who I also have.

Looking forward to Bears V Packers Sunday evening. 

41 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Whose everyone watching in the first lot of games?

Steelers / Browns for me.

Texans.

Or at least trying to. Gamepass the usual glitchy pile of pish. 

Been watching the Dolphins game for the last 5 and a bit hours...we've had the 1pm kickoff and the 4pm kickoff after the 1st lightning delay, going for the triple now and the SNF kickoff too :lol:

At some stage, have to think they'll just abandon/postpone the game.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Been watching the Dolphins game for the last 5 and a bit hours...we've had the 1pm kickoff and the 4pm kickoff after the 1st lightning delay, going for the triple now and the SNF kickoff too :lol:

At some stage, have to think they'll just abandon/postpone the game.

Hope you’re still watching, this is incredible 

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Peebo said:

Texans.

Or at least trying to. Gamepass the usual glitchy pile of pish. 

My GamePass has been perfect today. 

I own Walker in just about every league I'm in! Nightmare. Having a shocker of a start in the IDP league I'm in, lost Bell, Bosa and now Walker. To make matters worse the boy I played picked up Conner :lol:

Good day yesterday at the NFL Scotland party, really good set up at the Golf Tavern for anyone looking for somewhere to watch NFL. Hopefully they have a Super Bowl party.

luckyBatistuta
42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I own Walker in just about every league I'm in! Nightmare. Having a shocker of a start in the IDP league I'm in, lost Bell, Bosa and now Walker. To make matters worse the boy I played picked up Conner :lol:

Good day yesterday at the NFL Scotland party, really good set up at the Golf Tavern for anyone looking for somewhere to watch NFL. Hopefully they have a Super Bowl party.

Felt for him, both sets of players were all going up to him, well respected player. Haven’t read an update on how bad it actually is, just didn’t look good watching it live.

Really enjoyed the NFL party, some funny moments. Do you have any idea what happened with the raffle for the tops. We bought quite a few tickets, but never heard a thing. We thought they would have done it where they were before the games kicked off.