**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Says it all about my roster that you've offered me none :lol:

Just look at folks squads who have someone/something they maybe need and they have something I’m after. I’ve looked at yours loads of times, but it’s a;ways been a case of...there is no point, just nothing I can see that we’d both go for. I’ll have another look at yours right now :laugh:

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just look at folks squads who have someone/something they maybe need and they have something I’m after. I’ve looked at yours loads of times, but it’s a;ways been a case of...there is no point, just nothing I can see that we’d both go for. I’ll have another look at yours right now :laugh:

Haha yeah I've often thought the same looking at other rosters throughout my leagues.

Rodgers, Johnson and my 3 starting receivers are strong in PPR. Would take something special to even consider shopping them.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Haha yeah I've often thought the same looking at other rosters throughout my leagues.

Rodgers, Johnson and my 3 starting receivers are strong in PPR. Would take something special to even consider shopping them.

Ok, had a look and it’s pretty much as you’ve said. I’m happy with my WR’s and I’m certainly not going to waste your time and mine, trying and failing to get either Rodgers or Johnson.

KineticBeat
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m not trying to veto it Liam, it’s just an interesting trade that’s all. Looks like maybe they’ve worked at it, seeing as there is quite a few players and picks.  

From my perspective... It’s a running back who had 44% of his runs go for 5+ yds, only second to Alvin Kamara, a tight end who finished 6th overall and now has Andrew Luck throwing him the ball and the 11th pick overall for a QB who still hasn’t lived up to the hype and 23rd pick overall. I certainly know which side of the trade I’d like to be on.

9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I run it through Dynasty Tools trade calculator, seems they think it's pretty fair, with Zero Pace just edging it - https://goo.gl/jNu5aw

That being said, I'm not a fan of Winston at all. And Jones/Doyle may not be RB1/TE1 for their respective teams, Doyle has more chance though (as Ebron is shite).

There were a couple of messages back on forth and we used Dynasty Tools trade calculator to make sure it was fair. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, KineticBeat said:

There were a couple of messages back on forth and we used Dynasty Tools trade calculator to make sure it was fair. 

Sorry bud, not saying it’s not fair, up to you guys. I’ve come up with plenty that are fair and plenty that aren’t, all about trying :pleased: Just giving my tuppence worth. Wish I could have pulled it off.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, KineticBeat said:

It's a great tool.

Sexton Hardcastle

The boy who leaked the eddleman story a couple days back reckons Gronk grade imminent. Would be interesting.

Chargers would be a great spot to land.

KineticBeat

That's some story if true. 

Bill wants to trade Gronk --> Deals on the table from the Titans and 49ers --> Gronk has closed door meeting with Kraft --> Brady threatens to retire if it goes through --> trade off. 

Of course the Pats deny everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2018 at 09:18, hmfc_liam06 said:

I run it through Dynasty Tools trade calculator, seems they think it's pretty fair, with Zero Pace just edging it - https://goo.gl/jNu5aw

That being said, I'm not a fan of Winston at all. And Jones/Doyle may not be RB1/TE1 for their respective teams, Doyle has more chance though (as Ebron is shite).

Not sure I just edge the trade now! :jj_facepalm:

:laugh:

9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol:

Unlucks

Famous Jameis’ suspension has been in the post for a couple of years. 

Luck likely has **** all to do with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Sexton Hardcastle

Looks like another shambles trying to get London tickets for raiders Seattle.

Tickmaster and re sale sites win again.

On 03/07/2018 at 14:49, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Looks like another shambles trying to get London tickets for raiders Seattle.

Tickmaster and re sale sites win again.

? Tickets not on sale until September, with 48hr presale for Wembley season ticket holders

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

LeSean McCoy accused of beating his girlfriend, son and dog, and of using drugs by his girlfriend's best friend....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/10/report-bills-aware-of-allegations-against-lesean-mccoy/

It’s like Michael Vick, Ray Rice and Brian Cushing rolled into one. Oh, and Adrian Peterson! 

Edited by Peebo

You can tell impatience for the new season has grown to a certain level when these start appearing...

chuck berrys hairline

Hearing reports DeMarco Murray is about to retire due to injuries 

Sexton Hardcastle

The risk/reward of having Bell strikes again. Imagine he will sit out a good few games. Awful for fantasy.

J.T.F.Robertson
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The risk/reward of having Bell strikes again. Imagine he will sit out a good few games. Awful for fantasy.

Don't give a shit about fantasy.

As good as he is he will never be paid what he's looking for, i.e. combined receiver / running back.  He's getting on my tits now.

No one player is bigger than the team, blah, blah, but it's true. He's becoming a detriment in my eyes.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

As good as he is he will never be paid what he's looking for, i.e. combined receiver / running back.  He's getting on my tits now.

No one player is bigger than the team, blah, blah, but it's true. He's becoming a detriment in my eyes.

I think the Steelers are playing it the way they should. They clearly don't want lumbered with a huge contract on a RB, no matter how good he is. 

On 16/07/2018 at 21:03, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Correct, for the money he wants the steelers could add 2 RB's with a greater combined output which is what I expect them to do in 2019.

luckyBatistuta
On 16/07/2018 at 21:03, J.T.F.Robertson said:

10 hours ago, Ribble said:

Correct, for the money he wants the steelers could add 2 RB's with a greater combined output which is what I expect them to do in 2019.

You’re both right, but it’s still going to hurt losing such an elite player as Le’Veon. It’s also going to have an effect on AB too I reckon. It’s going to be hard finding another running back as multi talented as Bell.

Sexton Hardcastle

New series of last chance U on Netflix today. Don’t expect the same as first two but something to fill the void.

Sexton Hardcastle

Five episodes deep and quite like it. The coach is a bit of a lunatic but much more likeable than Buddy. No stand out characters like Olly Williams and Isaiah etc.

Always appreciate the production with these types of documentaries. Sound tracks etc.

Looking forward to watching it. Loved the first two seasons. 

Hard to imagine anyone less likeable than Buddy, to be fair! 

chuck berrys hairline

Any US kbers shed some light on the Byrant situation? Got him for fantasy and really thought he'd have been picked up by now. Guess AP is finished as well??

J.T.F.Robertson

Just booked another "2 pickets to tittsburgh" for the Ravens' game, October 1st. Wife and I leave September 28th, Calgary/Minneapolis/ Pittsburgh, back on the 2nd.

Round, round get around I get around, yeah get around woo woo I get around. :rolleyes:

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Any US kbers shed some light on the Byrant situation? Got him for fantasy and really thought he'd have been picked up by now. Guess AP is finished as well??

Strange one.

There's a few in the same boat - Dez Bryant, Kenny Vaccaro and Navorro Bowman all without teams. All guys pretty much in their prime. Money?

chuck berrys hairline
27 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Strange one.

There's a few in the same boat - Dez Bryant, Kenny Vaccaro and Navorro Bowman all without teams. All guys pretty much in their prime. Money?

Probably bin Peterson but as you say Bryant in his prime should have a team. Would take him at Lions ?

hmfc_liam06
24 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Probably bin Peterson but as you say Bryant in his prime should have a team. Would take him at Lions ?

Steady!!

Seriously though, I wouldn't want him anywhere near us (which may indicate why he doesn't have a team yet). He's always seemed a bit of a bad egg...Jones and Tate are better just now in any case.

As an aside, I've taken Kerryon Johnson at 33/1 for offensive rookie of the year.

chuck berrys hairline
9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Steady!!

Seriously though, I wouldn't want him anywhere near us (which may indicate why he doesn't have a team yet). He's always seemed a bit of a bad egg...Jones and Tate are better just now in any case.

As an aside, I've taken Kerryon Johnson at 33/1 for offensive rookie of the year.

Yeah another one of my draft picks you stole ?  here's hoping we are due a decent RB sometime! All of reports or read online don't really support the guy all claiming has bad handling. What sort of downs you expecting him to get?

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Yeah another one of my draft picks you stole ?  here's hoping we are due a decent RB sometime! All of reports or read online don't really support the guy all claiming has bad handling. What sort of downs you expecting him to get?

:lol: sorry

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a 3 down backer for us. I'm hugely excited by his potential. Having Blount and Riddick is a huge plus as it'll give him plenty breathers plus it could keep opposing defenses on their toes - I'm thinking of Atlanta with their Coleman/Freeman set up. He's also a really good blocker.

Knowing our track record of late though, he'll be a bust!

14 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

After the mainfree agency and the draft, teams will be largely set in terms of their plans for the season. It’s hard to slot in someone like Bryant at that point, as presumably he still commands a decent salary. He’ll get his chance when someone gets injured, under performs or teams start to panic during the next few weeks. 

Wouldnt place much much value on him in fantasy, though.

As for AP, that child-beating weirdo is finished. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to the patriots given their current issues.

Finished last chance including the recap on the EMC guys. Dull stuff for Isaiah but good to see a couple of the guys have at least made NFL camp rosters.

WalterWhite

Cant wait for the season to start hoping the panthers can go a bit further this year. First year in the last 5 seasons i wont be going to a London game kind of regretting not getting tickets now. 

Not started S3 of Last Chance U yet Brittney was smoking.

J.T.F.Robertson
On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 02:14, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Just booked another "2 pickets to tittsburgh" for the Ravens' game, October 1st. Wife and I leave September 28th, Calgary/Minneapolis/ Pittsburgh, back on the 2nd.

Round, round get around I get around, yeah get around woo woo I get around. :rolleyes:

Guess the game itself is September 30th. I'm still over here and it's the wife doing the organising. :ninja:

hmfc_liam06
13 hours ago, WalterWhite said:

Cant wait for the season to start hoping the panthers can go a bit further this year. First year in the last 5 seasons i wont be going to a London game kind of regretting not getting tickets now. 

Not started S3 of Last Chance U yet Brittney was smoking.

I'm the same. Making up for it next year by going to the States for a couple of games though.

Britney definitely put out... :lol: 

Edited by hmfc_liam06

WalterWhite
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm the same. Making up for it next year by going to the States for a couple of games though.

Britney definitely put out... :lol: 

I reckon JFIII or ronald olly was getting right in there with Brittney 

Am hoping next year the panthers come over think they are 1 of 3 teams not to play a international series match. 

What games you going to see  ?

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, WalterWhite said:

I reckon JFIII or ronald olly was getting right in there with Brittney 

Am hoping next year the panthers come over think they are 1 of 3 teams not to play a international series match. 

What games you going to see  ?

Yeah they're due a visit.

Not decided yet, will obviously see how the fixtures land but it'll be a couple east coast games - Boston/NY/Philly/Washington/Baltimore

WalterWhite
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah they're due a visit.

Not decided yet, will obviously see how the fixtures land but it'll be a couple east coast games - Boston/NY/Philly/Washington/Baltimore

Redskins would be a good visit. Who is your team?.

I have been watching for few years now first never really backed a team until my 3rd year of watching. I support the panthers but like watching a few other teams. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, WalterWhite said:

Redskins would be a good visit. Who is your team?.

I have been watching for few years now first never really backed a team until my 3rd year of watching. I support the panthers but like watching a few other teams. 

Lions are my team but I'll gladly watch any game. Basically whichever week has a game in those cities on a Thurs/Sun/Mon. May not get all 3 but if we were to do it this year we'd get to the Bears v Giants in NY on Sunday then Redskins v Eagles in Philly on the Monday. 

We'd try take a college game in too if possible.

WalterWhite
11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Lions are my team but I'll gladly watch any game. Basically whichever week has a game in those cities on a Thurs/Sun/Mon. May not get all 3 but if we were to do it this year we'd get to the Bears v Giants in NY on Sunday then Redskins v Eagles in Philly on the Monday. 

We'd try take a college game in too if possible.

I was going to suggest college football. If i had BT I would watch it more than the NFL  stadiums and fans are much better.

chuck berrys hairline
7 minutes ago, WalterWhite said:

I was going to suggest college football. If i had BT I would watch it more than the NFL  stadiums and fans are much better.

**** your sky sports Saturdays college football is where it's at, I love it! Much quicker game than the NFL 

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Espn is superb from early afternoon until the small hours. Not long now.

When's the college kick off?