**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

hmfc_liam06

Has anyone seen the Super Bowl odds? Some incredible prices.

Packers 3rd favourites at 9/1 :lol:

49ers as low as 16/1 :lol: 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

On 15/05/2018 at 07:58, MacPhee said:

I get to London 8.35

I could be buying you a super bowl winner pint at the airport then! 

Nucky Thompson
On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:53, Louis Litt said:

If anyone is looking for an American football fix, the Edinburgh Wolves play their first home game of the season at Meggatland on Sun 20th against the Manchester Titans.

The Wolves have had a good start to the season, winning 2 out of 2 away games so far, including being the first Scottish team to beat East Kilbride in over 20 years yesterday 28-27.

Poor calls by the officials done us today. Although that's not an excuse as we should still have won.

14-16 close game

On 16/05/2018 at 16:21, VivaObua said:

I could be buying you a super bowl winner pint at the airport then! 

Sounds good!!!

PortyJambo
15 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Poor calls by the officials done us today. Although that's not an excuse as we should still have won.

14-16 close game

Didn't make the game, as had to go into work. Going to be a close race for the 2nd playoff spot from the division, assuming as is likely Tamworth get the top spot.

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Sore one for Hunter Henry. Need to go looking for a TE for one of my teams already.

They had already been studying why they had been hit with so many injuries. Sore one for him and you. A couple of decent looking TE’s in the draft though. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Sore one for Hunter Henry. Need to go looking for a TE for one of my teams already.

He was one of the TE's I was targeting in re-draft this year.

Incidentally, I've got a start up dynasty on the go with mates if anyone is interested. It's full IDP (CB/S/DE/DT/LB). Just give me a shout, 3 league spaces.

chuck berrys hairline
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

All it's going to do is further ostracise the players who protest. Teams won't sign players who may lead to them being fined.

Kaepernick, Reid etc...

Jets owner has came out publicly and announced he will pay any player fines for protesting!

hmfc_liam06
24 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Jets owner has came out publicly and announced he will pay any player fines for protesting!

Jets need all the players they can get though :lol:

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

That’s almost like encouraging them to do it?

chuck berrys hairline
9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

But where do you draw the line though can't fork out every week for a select few out your own pocket. You'd start to get pissed off yourself would you not? 

16 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hardly. It would be cost-neutral for the players, just as it has been up to now. 

The whole thing would have died a death, but this has simply fanned the flames. People will now be watching keenly to see what happens. Of course, that won’t have played a part in the thinking of the NFL... 

luckyBatistuta
12 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

But where do you draw the line though can't fork out every week for a select few out your own pocket. You'd start to get pissed off yourself would you not? 

Would think so

4 hours ago, Peebo said:

Hardly. It would be cost-neutral for the players, just as it has been up to now. 

The whole thing would have died a death, but this has simply fanned the flames. People will now be watching keenly to see what happens. Of course, that won’t have played a part in the thinking of the NFL... 

If there are players who were maybe swithering about doing it, they would now not have to worry about potentially losing their job, or having to pay the fines, which might have stopped some, as it’s their livelihood. Now they have the backing of Johnson if they do it. With that not to worry about, it could lead to more on the team doing it. So for me, that seems like he might have encouraged them, we’ll just have to wait and see.

USA armed forces pump millions into the NFL with military displays, fly-overs, uniformed servicemen on leave being given free tickets, recruiters at every game, ex-servicemen re-enlisting on the football field and the national anthem being sung at every game.

The national anthem was only sung at games from 1941 onwards as part of the WW2 jingoism.

Before 2009, the players would stay in their locker rooms during the pre-game bollocks and only since then have they been forced to line up and put their hands on their hearts.

Then people have the cheek to accuse the "take a knee" protesters of politicising the game!

:cornette: 

In the 5-1 Dynasty league that has been running for about 5 years, there is a vacancy and it's the team that has won the past two years. As it's on My Fantasy League, it would cost £5.26 for the year, which I know isn't for everybody but the ease of the league site makes it worth it. 

The team has Gurley, Johnson and Bell at RB, Robinson and Cooks at WR, Engram at TE and Cousins at QB. So to be honest it's probably a guaranteed title for whoever takes the team! 

The league is generally quiet, not many trades happen, so I would ask that whoever takes the team is someone who wants to be involved in trading throughout the league as the league needs more active owners. 

Here is a link to the team and if anyone is interested, post on here or send me a PM. The fee wouldn't need to be paid now, but I will try and sort the league fees out before the 10th June when it costs very slightly more. 

http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=36505&O=07&F=0003

11 hours ago, Martin said:

In the 5-1 Dynasty league that has been running for about 5 years, there is a vacancy and it's the team that has won the past two years. As it's on My Fantasy League, it would cost £5.26 for the year, which I know isn't for everybody but the ease of the league site makes it worth it. 

The team has Gurley, Johnson and Bell at RB, Robinson and Cooks at WR, Engram at TE and Cousins at QB. So to be honest it's probably a guaranteed title for whoever takes the team! 

The league is generally quiet, not many trades happen, so I would ask that whoever takes the team is someone who wants to be involved in trading throughout the league as the league needs more active owners. 

Here is a link to the team and if anyone is interested, post on here or send me a PM. The fee wouldn't need to be paid now, but I will try and sort the league fees out before the 10th June when it costs very slightly more. 

http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=36505&O=07&F=0003

Pretty good looking roster.  I would be happy to take it on.  Looking to get myself in a few more leagues.

5 hours ago, Ross992 said:

Pretty good looking roster.  I would be happy to take it on.  Looking to get myself in a few more leagues.

That's great, the team is yours. Will PM you with the details to let you sign into the league. 

As an aside, I'm also looking to join another league or two, if anything is available. 

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, Martin said:

That's great, the team is yours. Will PM you with the details to let you sign into the league. 

As an aside, I'm also looking to join another league or two, if anything is available. 

We have a kickback redraft needing an owner if you fancy it?

Link below to join:

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/183438?invite=true&eh=04e86edb

hmfc_liam06

If anyone wants in the Kickback League then use the link I posted above, one spot available. First come first served.

22 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We have a kickback redraft needing an owner if you fancy it?

Link below to join:

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/183438?invite=true&eh=04e86edb

Cheers Liam, had a look there and I'm back again this season as Sack City. Was worried for a minute that I hadn't re-signed for another year! Really looking forward to it, enjoyed it a lot last year. 

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Joined the kickback bowl! First time.

Welcome, it’s great fun...you want to trade :whistling:

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Welcome aboard!

Draft order has been randomised...12th!

:seething:

chuck berrys hairline
17 hours ago, VivaObua said:

First :clyay:

luckyBatistuta
19 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

First :clyay:

Choices, choices :laugh:

chuck berrys hairline
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Choices, choices :laugh:

Whoever I pick will get injured NAP :leveinproblem:

hmfc_liam06

I’m delighted at not getting first this year as I think there’s a good 4 or 5 guys good enough for first overall. I was hoping to get in that 4/5 area.

Should still grab 2 great players at 12/13 but the top RB’s will be gone :thumbsdown:

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I’m delighted at not getting first this year as I think there’s a good 4 or 5 guys good enough for first overall. I was hoping to get in that 4/5 area.

Should still grab 2 great players at 12/13 but the top RB’s will be gone :thumbsdown:

I quite liked having those two picks back to back, but before you ask :laugh:

5th pick might actually be the best of the lot. Still get an elite player and it will be back to you quicker.

hmfc_liam06
40 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I quite liked having those two picks back to back, but before you ask :laugh:

5th pick might actually be the best of the lot. Still get an elite player and it will be back to you quicker.

The first 4 pick themselves, although order is up for debate - Bell, Gurley, Elliott and Johnson.

At 5 you'll have the option of Brown, Hopkins, Beckham, Hunt and Barkley. Not a bad choice at all!

luckyBatistuta
14 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The first 4 pick themselves, although order is up for debate - Bell, Gurley, Elliott and Johnson.

At 5 you'll have the option of Brown, Hopkins, Beckham, Hunt and Barkley. Not a bad choice at all!

NFL.com writer Adam Rank definitely not agreeing with you

1D00D3AF-DF05-4BCA-90BA-BDD1D8A78CD2.jpeg

hmfc_liam06
44 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

NFL.com writer Adam Rank definitely not agreeing with you

1D00D3AF-DF05-4BCA-90BA-BDD1D8A78CD2.jpeg

He's forever putting out nonsense like that, likes to be different, edgy.

There's not a fantasy player alive taking Kamara first overall.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's forever putting out nonsense like that, likes to be different, edgy.

There's not a fantasy player alive taking Kamara first overall.

Hmmm, this guy

A58CE44F-A31C-4327-949A-6C91CF28CE70.jpeg

Sexton Hardcastle

Gurley or Bell at one. Being later means you will get first dibs on Rodgers I guess.

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Gurley or Bell at one. Being later means you will get first dibs on Rodgers I guess.

Doubt I’d be wasting an early pick on Rodgers. Love it when there’s a 3rd/4th round QB run though :lol:

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Ive seen Justin Tucker taken in he fourth round a few years back

And all other owners rejoice.

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Wow, that trade. 

:vrwow:

I run it through Dynasty Tools trade calculator, seems they think it's pretty fair, with Zero Pace just edging it - https://goo.gl/jNu5aw

That being said, I'm not a fan of Winston at all. And Jones/Doyle may not be RB1/TE1 for their respective teams, Doyle has more chance though (as Ebron is shite).

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I run it through Dynasty Tools trade calculator, seems they think it's pretty fair, with Zero Pace just edging it - https://goo.gl/jNu5aw

That being said, I'm not a fan of Winston at all. And Jones/Doyle may not be RB1/TE1 for their respective teams, Doyle has more chance though (as Ebron is shite).

I’m not trying to veto it Liam, it’s just an interesting trade that’s all. Looks like maybe they’ve worked at it, seeing as there is quite a few players and picks.  

From my perspective... It’s a running back who had 44% of his runs go for 5+ yds, only second to Alvin Kamara, a tight end who finished 6th overall and now has Andrew Luck throwing him the ball and the 11th pick overall for a QB who still hasn’t lived up to the hype and 23rd pick overall. I certainly know which side of the trade I’d like to be on.

hmfc_liam06
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m not trying to veto it Liam, it’s just an interesting trade that’s all. Looks like maybe they’ve worked at it, seeing as there is quite a few players and picks.  

From my perspective... It’s a running back who had 44% of his runs go for 5+ yds, only second to Alvin Kamara, a tight end who finished 6th overall and now has Andrew Luck throwing him the ball and the 11th pick overall for a QB who still hasn’t lived up to the hype and 23rd pick overall. I certainly know which side of the trade I’d like to be on.

Oh I know, I always run trades through it to see how they measure up. 

I'd be leaning towards The Mad Scientists as edging the trade. Good to see folk trading throughout post/pre-season. Keeps the league active.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Oh I know, I always run trades through it to see how they measure up. 

I'd be leaning towards The Mad Scientists as edging the trade. Good to see folk trading throughout post/pre-season. Keeps the league active.

I’ve never stopped offering. Lost count, it’s that many :laugh:

hmfc_liam06
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve never stopped offering. Lost count, it’s that many :laugh:

Says it all about my roster that you've offered me none :lol: