**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

J.T.F.Robertson
6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The Colts took the BPA and folk are losing their shit on the Colts forum. I’m happy with the Nelson pick. I’ll go for you taking an ILB

Martavis (I should get as many plays as Antonio) Bryant off to Oakland in exchange for a 3rd rounder.  Not sure about that but he did act a bit of a dink at the time so will just keep the faith. It hasn't failed me too many times in the past.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Oooft, thought the Lions would take Guice. They are poor at rb, would have helped Stafford and WR’s straight out the gate, but wtf do I know.:laugh:

You and me baith. :(

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Martavis (I should get as many plays as Antonio) Bryant off to Oakland in exchange for a 3rd rounder.  Not sure about that but he did act a bit of a dink at the time so will just keep the faith. It hasn't failed me too many times in the past.

He can now smoke as much pot as he wants legally :laugh:

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You and me baith. :(

Both more than the Browns though :laugh:

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Both more than the Browns though :laugh:

They're bound to get it right eventually, had enough chances. 

862e1418fe7e0f42307969807df1a2af.jpg

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

They're bound to get it right eventually, had enough chances. 

862e1418fe7e0f42307969807df1a2af.jpg

:laugh:

luckyBatistuta
Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

RIGHT! Now for the one you're all petrified of. ;)

No nails left  :laugh:

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Nice touch

Aye, but so sad to see him like that, 'tho it's all relative to his prognosis. He was on his way to be a player and a half. :(

Figured they would address the defensive backfield, maybe he'll be the second coming of Polamalu. ;)

Anyway, LB, thanks for the company, I'm off to my scratcher.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Aye, but so sad to see him like that, 'tho it's all relative to his prognosis. He was on his way to be a player and a half. :(

Figured they would address the defensive backfield, maybe he'll be the second coming of Polamalu. ;)

Anyway, LB, thanks for the company, I'm off to my scratcher.

Night bud :thumbsup: I’ll be 5 mins behind you

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Assuming no trades (I'll even go two picks further):

1 - Mayfield

2 - Barkley

3 - Darnold

4 - Chubb

5 - Ward

What do I know eh? :lol:

3 out of 5 right with all 5 players correct.

You can place bets after the fact can’t you?

hmfc_liam06

On our pick, it’s not the sexiest pick in the world but our OL has tremendous potential to be great.

Not that that’ll matter, we’ll still have no run game.

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What do I know eh? :lol:

3 out of 5 right with all 5 players correct.

You can place bets after the fact can’t you?

Good stuff, I would never have predicted Ward in the top 5

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

On our pick, it’s not the sexiest pick in the world but our OL has tremendous potential to be great.

Not that that’ll matter, we’ll still have no run game.

Yeah it’s not, thought you would have taken Guice, but still loads of RB’s left

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Good stuff, I would never have predicted Ward in the top 5

Yeah it’s not, thought you would have taken Guice, but still loads of RB’s left

We've far more pressing needs than RB. Given we have Blount, Riddick and Abdullah I reckon it'll be the 3rd round (if at all) before we pull the trigger on a RB.

Unless someone falls to us.

Placid Casual
41 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Probably the funniest thing I’ve watched in a draft...

It was brilliant. Stuck it right up them :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle

Hurst seems a great pick at that stage for Oakland. If he is healthy of course.

Griffin was always going to end up in Seattle.

hmfc_liam06

Happy with the Lions draft class. Quinn fully committed to fixing the run game.

Crosby in the 5th could prove a bargain.

shaun.lawson
20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Happy with the Lions draft class. Quinn fully committed to fixing the run game.

Crosby in the 5th could prove a bargain.

Is this a fellow Lions fan I see before me? :thumbsup: 

I think Quinn's doing a fine job and something sturdy is being built. If this is a 5-year plan, this is Year 3 now: meaning make the playoffs as a minimum, but really, win a playoff game. Championship Game 2019; Super Bowl 2020. It remains to be seen if that's possible within such a tough tough division though. 

hmfc_liam06
Just now, shaun.lawson said:

Is this a fellow Lions fan I see before me? :thumbsup: 

I think Quinn's doing a fine job and something sturdy is being built. If this is a 5-year plan, this is Year 3 now: meaning make the playoffs as a minimum, but really, win a playoff game. Championship Game 2019; Super Bowl 2020. It remains to be seen if that's possible within such a tough tough division though. 

Indeed, there are a few in here.

Hes completely transformed the OL in his 3 years, Stafford is entering his peak, it’s vital we protect him better. The two OL additions plus Blount and Johnson also give me some hope we might actually see a 100 yard rusher this year...we can but hope :lol:

Also intrigued by Patricia and how the D will run. We badly needed a defensive lineman and linebacker, few rotational additions but no game changer, hopefully someone comes out of the shadows.

I think given the schedule we’re looking at wildcard at best this year. Vikings are the obvious lock for the division but I don’t think there’ll be a great deal between the 3 other sides. 

Walter Payton
On 4/29/2018 at 07:28, hmfc_liam06 said:

Indeed, there are a few in here.

Hes completely transformed the OL in his 3 years, Stafford is entering his peak, it’s vital we protect him better. The two OL additions plus Blount and Johnson also give me some hope we might actually see a 100 yard rusher this year...we can but hope :lol:

Also intrigued by Patricia and how the D will run. We badly needed a defensive lineman and linebacker, few rotational additions but no game changer, hopefully someone comes out of the shadows.

I think given the schedule we’re looking at wildcard at best this year. Vikings are the obvious lock for the division but I don’t think there’ll be a great deal between the 3 other sides. 

I thought that was a typo and you were talking about a 1000 yard season- I had no idea the Lions RBs hadn't had a 100 yard game in almost 5 years! It's seldom you get positives while being a Bears fan, but our running game has always been dependable. From the excellent Football Database site, it seems that we've had 20 100 yard games since Reggie Bush's efforts on Thanksgiving 2013! On a somewhat related note, I was glad to see Matt Forte was given a 1 day contract so he could retire as a Chicago Bear- I loved watching him play. 

I was very pleased with the Bears' draft haul this year (and indeed with the acquisitions in free agency). I agree with your statement regarding the Vikings (though I'd love it if Cousins turned out to be a 1 team player and flopped with the Vikes) but I'm just hopeful that we're no longer the lock for finishing 4th in the division. With a comparatively easier Strength of Schedule this year (all 4 teams in top 8 easiest schedules according their opponents' W/L record last year) ,  I'd put money on the NFC North providing 2 play off teams this year. Where do people think the over/under should be on the division sending 3 teams?

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, Bring on the Future said:

I thought that was a typo and you were talking about a 1000 yard season- I had no idea the Lions RBs hadn't had a 100 yard game in almost 5 years! It's seldom you get positives while being a Bears fan, but our running game has always been dependable. From the excellent Football Database site, it seems that we've had 20 100 yard games since Reggie Bush's efforts on Thanksgiving 2013! On a somewhat related note, I was glad to see Matt Forte was given a 1 day contract so he could retire as a Chicago Bear- I loved watching him play. 

I was very pleased with the Bears' draft haul this year (and indeed with the acquisitions in free agency). I agree with your statement regarding the Vikings (though I'd love it if Cousins turned out to be a 1 team player and flopped with the Vikes) but I'm just hopeful that we're no longer the lock for finishing 4th in the division. With a comparatively easier Strength of Schedule this year (all 4 teams in top 8 easiest schedules according their opponents' W/L record last year) ,  I'd put money on the NFC North providing 2 play off teams this year. Where do people think the over/under should be on the division sending 3 teams?

Yep, I started watching in 2014 so I've never seen the Lions have a 100 yard game!

shaun.lawson
4 hours ago, Bring on the Future said:

I'd put money on the NFC North providing 2 play off teams this year. Where do people think the over/under should be on the division sending 3 teams?

I would too. Two teams yes, three teams no. 

chuck berrys hairline
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yep, I started watching in 2014 so I've never seen the Lions have a 100 yard game!

Blount week 1 :sweeet:

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Blount week 1 :sweeet:

Hopefully!

What did you make of our draft?

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hopefully!

What did you make of our draft?

Done what was needed done in getting the linesman sorted out. I'm hopeful the new manager breathes some life into this offence as the tools are there. Caldwell was just boring imo never took chances you have to take. Glady dropped the rookie WR strategy this year too 

hmfc_liam06
15 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Done what was needed done in getting the linesman sorted out. I'm hopeful the new manager breathes some life into this offence as the tools are there. Caldwell was just boring imo never took chances you have to take. Glady dropped the rookie WR strategy this year too 

We seem to be getting fairly poor grades (although they're pointless) but I think it was a decent haul.

Still lacking on the DL but I think Patricia is more of a rotational guy with his D, not the type to build around one dominant player.

Agree about Caldwell...zzzzz

Jags Eagles ticket bought! Sadly i'm the only one in my social circle who likes NFL so i'll be travelling down on my lonesome. 

chuck berrys hairline

In the jkb dynasty league what's the draft order in relation to squad space? Ie if someone has 5 and another 7 and so on. Answers on a postcard ?

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

In the jkb dynasty league what's the draft order in relation to squad space? Ie if someone has 5 and another 7 and so on. Answers on a postcard ?

The system will only allow you to draft as many rounds as needed to fill each roster spot, so you can’t have additional picks that would put you over the total number of players set for every team. For each keeper an owner has set that is one less pick in the draft.

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

It’ll continue to run in order, once you’re done then that’s you out of the draft. If you look on the site at the draft board you’ll see the picks.

chuck berrys hairline

Cheers guys that's what I thought. Now to decapitate my squad further or stick ?

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So if it’s in red then you will lose this pick unless you drop someone?

Thats right. Theoretically you could keep your entire roster and not draft at all, not that anyone would do that of course.

Bare in mind free agency will be taking place before the draft. So...

If you released 5 players, picked up one in FA you’d have 4 draft picks (unless you then cut another player).

luckyBatistuta

So are you dropping players at the moment, so you can get free agents, or so that you have space also for the draft too.

Not got any problem with whatever the rules are Liam, just not sure exactly how everything works, as not done this before.

What if you just cut them just before the draft if your not interested in picking up any free agents?

What if you draft a player and just cut someone at the same time to make space for them? 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

hmfc_liam06
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So are you dropping players at the moment, so you can get free agents, or so that you have space also for the draft too.

Not got any problem with whatever the rules are Liam, just not sure exactly how everything works, as not done this before.

What if you just cut them just before the draft if your not interested in picking up any free agents?

What if you draft a player and just cut someone at the same time to make space for them? 

Your first Q - kinda goes against the keeper deadline and the spirit of the game. Essentially you'd be copping out of making tough roster choices.

Second Q - you can't cut players while drafting.

PortyJambo

If anyone is looking for an American football fix, the Edinburgh Wolves play their first home game of the season at Meggatland on Sun 20th against the Manchester Titans.

The Wolves have had a good start to the season, winning 2 out of 2 away games so far, including being the first Scottish team to beat East Kilbride in over 20 years yesterday 28-27.

7 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

If anyone is looking for an American football fix, the Edinburgh Wolves play their first home game of the season at Meggatland on Sun 20th against the Manchester Titans.

The Wolves have had a good start to the season, winning 2 out of 2 away games so far, including being the first Scottish team to beat East Kilbride in over 20 years yesterday 28-27.

I seen a mention on facebook that they had started well, I've no idea about the game in the UK anyone care to fill me in on the league? Good players to see or clubs to follow? I live in the central belt and believe there is a couple around about.

PortyJambo
2 hours ago, VivaObua said:

I seen a mention on facebook that they had started well, I've no idea about the game in the UK anyone care to fill me in on the league? Good players to see or clubs to follow? I live in the central belt and believe there is a couple around about.

The league is split into 3 UK-wide divisions, Premier, 1st and 2nd with promotion and relegation between them. The Premier is further split into two 6 team conferences, North and South, with Edinburgh & EK the 2 Scottish reps in the North. Teams play each other in their conference twice in the regular season, with the top 2 in each then playing cross-conference playoffs.

There's also a Scottish only conference at Div 2 level, and 1 Scottish team at Div 1 level. 

The link below will give you an idea of the league and the teams in it.

http://dblcoverage.com/adult/bafa-nl-adult-standings/

At a playing level, even at the top it's a long way below NFL (obviously!), but it's still a long way below US college level too. Still some fun games and good plays to see though.

Edited by Louis Litt

On 01/05/2018 at 11:25, VivaObua said:

Jags Eagles ticket bought! Sadly i'm the only one in my social circle who likes NFL so i'll be travelling down on my lonesome. 

I'm going solo to London for the game also Obua, pint?

1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

I'm going solo to London for the game also Obua, pint?

Pint with an eagles man...i'll need to think about it! :lol:

You sorted for travel yet? I've had wee look but not sure what's best yet.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, VivaObua said:

Ryanair are doing discounted flights just now, not sure what they're priced at for then but they start a tenner Edi - Ldn.

22 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Haha!

I'm flying mate, leave Edinburgh back of seven on the Sunday and next day I'm leaving around 11.

Flying to Gatwick, staying about 15 minutes from Wembley,

Didn't really fancy flying down Sunday morning looks like too much hassle when you get there but I'll likely do it anyway, trains looking a little steep the now but i'll keep an eye on it. I've never been to Wembley seen the Rams last year at Twickenham but looking forward to this.

On 12/05/2018 at 14:53, VivaObua said:

Didn't really fancy flying down Sunday morning looks like too much hassle when you get there but I'll likely do it anyway, trains looking a little steep the now but i'll keep an eye on it. I've never been to Wembley seen the Rams last year at Twickenham but looking forward to this.

I get to London 8.35