**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, dougal said:

When the QB class is this strong, then surely you get the best player in the draft first (Barkley), safe in the knowledge that you'll get one of the top QBs at 4. Lots of reports in the states saying that Giants won't go for a QB at 2. That way you'll get one of the top 2 at 4. 

Top running backs seem on recent evidence to bring way more to their team in the first few seasons than QBs so think if the Browns do want Barkley they should get him at 1.

Yup, Barkley will improve the whole team, helps with the run, pass and also keep them on the field longer, so also helping the defense too. Quite a few of the QB’s look like they have the potential to be great, but less guarantees than taking a Barkley for me. I just can’t see Barkley’s transition to the NFL being a problem in any way whatsoever.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sexton Hardcastle

Need to start slotting in some days off work to see the late games. Monday night football against a tough Rams team first up.

On 20/04/2018 at 02:10, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Schedules are oot. (:thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: whichever fits)

Happy enough with Steelers schedule, Browns to start and another potential pre-playoff playoff with the pats in week 15. Only slight disappointment is Oakland in oakland, not won there since 95

hmfc_liam06
On 4/11/2018 at 00:35, luckyBatistuta said:

Just finished watching Tom vs Time

https://www.facebook.com/tomvstime/?referrer=video_home

Six short episodes of the behind the scenes life of Tom Brady. I really enjoyed it, some interesting stuff in there. Whether you like him or not, you have to respect the dedication and commitment he puts in to being the best he can possibly be. I know there is tension between Belichick and Guerrero, but Brady seems as fit as he possibly could he at his age and no signs of slowing either, so he must be doing something right.

Oh, and if Edelman was made of chocolate, he really would eat himself. Think I dislike him even more now (which is difficult) after watching this.

Anyway, definitely worthy of a view

Been watching these at lunch time at work, really enjoyed it.

The scenes with Gisele surfing and wearing leggings were my favourite moments.

Sexton Hardcastle
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

So who's everyone going for first overall?

Neck on the line, the Browns are taking Baker Mayfield.

Schefter also says it’s possible. 

15 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Barkley. He’s a starter from day one and they can still get a qb at 4. 

What he said.

luckyBatistuta
On 24/04/2018 at 11:25, hmfc_liam06 said:

Been watching these at lunch time at work, really enjoyed it.

The scenes with Gisele surfing and wearing leggings were my favourite moments.

Can’t say I noticed her:whistling:

21 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

So who's everyone going for first overall?

Neck on the line, the Browns are taking Baker Mayfield.

I know I keep saying take Barkley, but I think they’ll take Darnold 1st and then hope they can pick up Chubb with their 4th pick. 

Got the night off to watch it all unfold live, can’t wait.

hmfc_liam06
58 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Can’t say I noticed her:whistling:

I know I keep saying take Barkley, but I think they’ll take Darnold 1st and then hope they can pick up Chubb with their 4th pick. 

Got the night off to watch it all unfold live, can’t wait.

One thing is for sure, the Browns will have the chance at 2 game changers for them, regardless of the direction they go.

I've a feeling we'll trade back, maybe out of the first round completely.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

One thing is for sure, the Browns will have the chance at 2 game changers for them, regardless of the direction they go.

Yup, definitely getting two outstanding players. Surely at some point all these great picks have to pay off for them.

I think we we could trade back again too, but would like to get Nelson if we could.

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Chubb 40/1 to go 1st. I can’t see that happening , but going to stick a couple of quid on it anyway, just for an extra bit of fun whilst watching it. If they were interested in him, they could worry that the Giants take him. All a bit of a long shot, but you never know:rolleyes4:

Browns have been burned so many times at QB.  For me take Barkley 1st then take the best QB available at 4.  They then have a (little) less pressure on them going forward.  Give Tyrod Taylor the first 6 games of the season and see where you are. 

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Ross992 said:

Browns have been burned so many times at QB.  For me take Barkley 1st then take the best QB available at 4.  They then have a (little) less pressure on them going forward.  Give Tyrod Taylor the first 6 games of the season and see where you are. 

That’s what I keep saying too, just don’t think they’re going to do it.

hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, Kendoll said:

Really good read and kinda goes along my own thoughts that Mayfield and Darnold are the only 2 worth taking (that early)...which is why I don't buy the get Barkley first and take whichever QB is left at 4 mantra.

I reserve the rights to deny this when Rosen/Allen wins MVP this season.

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Looks like we're heading for a London franchise...

I’m not convinced Khan’s move makes that more or less likely. Not totally sure what the point is. 

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Looks like we're heading for a London franchise...

4 hours ago, Peebo said:

I’m not convinced Khan’s move makes that more or less likely. Not totally sure what the point is. 

How do you guys see that working out going forward if they did indeed move. I know I’d only be going down if it was the Colts that were playing them, unless I was actually down there at the time anyway.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

How do you guys see that working out going forward if they did indeed move. I know I’d only be going down if it was the Colts that were playing them, unless I was actually down there at the time anyway.

Not convinced by it, but the crowds at the London games at the moment are impressive. I suspect if there was another franchise relocation, other cities might have a more compelling case. Ther certainly is some support for it within the NFL so could happen. 

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Not convinced by it, but the crowds at the London games at the moment are impressive. I suspect if there was another franchise relocation, other cities might have a more compelling case. Ther certainly is some support for it within the NFL so could happen. 

They do have a giant market to aim at in London. If it was in the city I lived in, I’d be all over it. 

13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They do have a giant market to aim at in London. If it was in the city I lived in, I’d be all over it. 

Aye but time difference means it will never work for the advertisers/TV companies. 

What if they make the playoffs with home advantage? Would they ever be an attractive option for a prime time game?  

The NFL is all about entertainment, and I’m not convinced a full-time London-based team would generate the most revenue. 

luckyBatistuta

Just having a look at some of the betting for the draft. You can name the first three picks in order. Anybody have an opinion on what they think the first three picks will be?

After seeing the odds suddenly plummeting on Mayfield going number 1, I’m going for...

1/ Mayfield 

2/ Darnold

3/ Rosen

I know it seems likely the Giants would take Chubb or Barkley, but I’m going for Darnold at 2, just in case someone tries to trade up with the Giants for him, or possibly even take him themselves.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Aye but time difference means it will never work for the advertisers/TV companies. 

What if they make the playoffs with home advantage? Would they ever be an attractive option for a prime time game?  

The NFL is all about entertainment, and I’m not convinced a full-time London-based team would generate the most revenue. 

Agree, think it works fine as it is.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Incredibly got fifty quid on mayfield at 7.5 earlier. Minutes later he was under 1.6

£50 on first pick, you got a wee gambling addiction Sexton:mellow:

Sexton Hardcastle

Started off with twenty quid but then a pal sent me an interesting take on things and now I’m glad I listened.

but yes to the gambling issue!

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Started off with twenty quid but then a pal sent me an interesting take on things and now I’m glad I listened.

but yes to the gambling issue!

:laugh:

I’m trawling through all the different bets at the moment myself. I’ve taken the night off work to watch it live, you tuning in?

edit: with that much on, I hope it comes in for you:thumbsup:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Sexton Hardcastle

Usually do but I need to be up at 6 in the morning so might just game pass it for the first pick.

Knowing the browns this will go pear shaped! 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

The Browns will probably go with a 35 year old kicker. 

31 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Assuming no trades (I'll even go two picks further):

1 - Mayfield

2 - Barkley

3 - Darnold

4 - Chubb

5 - Ward

Ok, I’ll go...

1 - Mayfield

2 - Darnold

3 - Rosen

4 - Barkley

5 - Chubb

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Assuming no trades (I'll even go two picks further):

1 - Mayfield

2 - Barkley

3 - Darnold

4 - Chubb

5 - Ward

Put money on the Giants at 50/1 for the Super Bowl just before the draft started in case they took Barkley. He will instantly transform that team and i honestly believe they can make a push for it now. Takes a lot of pressure of Eli and boy is OBJ is going to love this pick.

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Peebo said:

The Browns will probably go with a 35 year old kicker. 

Don't let Hearts influence your thinking.

20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Put money on the Giants at 50/1 for the Super Bowl just before the draft started in case they took Barkley. He will instantly transform that team and i honestly believe they can make a push for it now. Takes a lot of pressure of Eli and boy is OBJ is going to love this pick.

He is projected as something special but they'll need a lot more than him.

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Don't let Hearts influence your thinking.

He is projected as something special but they'll need a lot more than him.

Definitely, but worth a punt at those odds

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Definitely, but worth a punt at those odds

You'd get a far bigger price for us to top the league next season. ;)

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You'd get a far bigger price for us to top the league next season. ;)

Sorry replies are slow, I’m on the Colts drat forum..entertaining is an understatement  :laugh:

Anyway, don’t mind risking my money, but draw the line at just throwing it away :laugh:

J.T.F.Robertson
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sorry replies are slow, I’m on the Colts drat forum..entertaining is an understatement  :laugh:

Anyway, don’t mind risking my money, but draw the line at just throwing it away :laugh:

You don't want to be the richest man in the graveyard. :P

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You don't want to be the richest man in the graveyard. :P

Still shocked at the Saints pick, didn’t see that coming...a 1st rounder!!!

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Buc's pick the best (longest) name ever. :)

‘Who are you hoping the Steelers get?

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

‘Who are you hoping the Steelers get?

I don't really have anyone in mind. At #28 I think we should just pick (in theory) the best player available , whatever position.  It does look like, for once, it won't be a linebacker, although after losing Shazier you might think this would be the one year to apply that MO.

I think it will be a DB.

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I don't really have anyone in mind. At #28 I think we should just pick (in theory) the best player available , whatever position.  It does look like, for once, it won't be a linebacker, although after losing Shazier you might think this would be the one year to apply that MO.

I think it will be a DB.

The Colts took the BPA and folk are losing their shit on the Colts forum. I’m happy with the Nelson pick. I’ll go for you taking an ILB

luckyBatistuta

Oooft, thought the Lions would take Guice. They are poor at rb, would have helped Stafford and WR’s straight out the gate, but wtf do I know:laugh: