**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Think around last week in August

Aye, always Labor Day weekend. When I went to work in Houston, went across to Austin for my first weekend for UT’s season opener. Some day out. Game was shite, mind. A total walkover, and you couldn’t bevy in the stadium so we ****ed off back to the boozer at half time. 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Hot since 86

Really excited to see Jags 1st rounder Taven Bryan, he's getting all kinds of hype in training camp.

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Rams and Saints to have male cheerleaders from next season 

::thatshot::

Can’t contain my excitement for that.

Sexton Hardcastle

Hard knocks starts tonight. Game pass should have it up straight away or I think sky are showing it Friday night.

luckyBatistuta

Antonio Callaway managed to keep himself on the straight and narrow for long.

rookie wide receiver Antonio Callaway was cited for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license by Strongsville (Ohio) Police on Sunday morning.

According to the incident report, Callaway was pulled over Sunday at 2:59 a.m. for "failing to yield for oncoming traffic." It was at that time the officer discovered that Callaway's license was suspended and there was "a small amount of suspected marijuana" underneath the driver's seat.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Hard knocks starts tonight. Game pass should have it up straight away or I think sky are showing it Friday night.

I’m sitting watching NFL Network right now and they’ve been advertising it, but only showing that it’s on HBO. I thought it was on the Network last season, was looking forward to staying up to watch it.

luckyBatistuta

How the heck is Zeke going to get his hair in his helmet, that’s one helluva impressive head of hair.

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Is this the mascots one?

luckyBatistuta

Anyone watch the TO Hall of Fame speech in Chatanooga. Seeemed like he had been on the old cocaine before it.

Sexton Hardcastle

Just seeing some of the highlights. Obviously second/third string for most of it but still a positive start.

Raiders Lions tonight. Been some good joint practice this week. Chris warren flattening the lions boy was some hit.

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Glad I never drafted Guice in any leagues. Brutal.

Hard one for the lad, I fancied him to outshine Saquon this year.

Sexton Hardcastle

One of the reasons I prefer doing drafts close to season kick off and I knew dropping kelly would haunt me in that league.

ah well least it’s free.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

17 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

One of the reasons I prefer doing drafts close to season kick off and I knew dropping kelly would haunt me in that league.

ah well least it’s free.

I don't really agree. Injuries can happen any time and it's dynasty - fair enough leaving redrafts until closer to the season but you're drafting long term in dynasty. Injuries are part of the game.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Who is starting QB for the Eagles? 

Would be a surprise if Wentz doesn’t resume starting duties this season.

On 25/07/2018 at 12:40, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to the patriots given their current issues.

Finished last chance including the recap on the EMC guys. Dull stuff for Isaiah but good to see a couple of the guys have at least made NFL camp rosters.

Just finished Last Chance U S3. No sure why, but I find it compelling viewing. Depressing and uplifting at the same time. Disappointing but inevitable update on BB at the end (although I’ve read he is indeed back in Kansas now).

Probably gonna start watching QB1 tonight...

Sexton Hardcastle
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Just finished Last Chance U S3. No sure why, but I find it compelling viewing. Depressing and uplifting at the same time. Disappointing but inevitable update on BB at the end (although I’ve read he is indeed back in Kansas now).

Season 4 again with independence confirmed for next summer.

4 weeks today and sundays will be bliss.

Hot since 86
On 09/08/2018 at 10:38, MacPhee said:

Is anyone flying on the 07.05 from Edi to Gatwick on the 28th October for the Eagles Jags game?

Potentially, depending on whether I’m back in Edinburgh the week before. How come?

Little surprise the raiders Seattle game

is moved to Wembley.

Partick Thistle will be outraged. 

13 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

Potentially, depending on whether I’m back in Edinburgh the week before. How come?

I am flying down on my own wondered if anyone wanted to meet up for a pint. 

13 hours ago, MacPhee said:

I've still to book travel etc..waiting to find out my wife's work hours that week before I decide whats best/easiest. I did see stagecoach doing special NFL wembley buses but not sure I fancy so much time on a bus! When do you fly back up?

Edited by VivaObua

53 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

I've still to book travel etc..waiting to find out my wife's work hours that week before I decide whats best/easiest. I did see stagecoach doing special NFL wembley buses but not sure I fancy so much time on a bus! When do you fly back up?

Flying from Gatwick 11am next day mate

14 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Flying from Gatwick 11am next day mate

Oh yeh think I asked you that before, Ideally I'll be back in Edinburgh early Monday morning as the Mrs has a shop that she'll be opening and it's not worth the hassle if I'm not. I'm thinking same flight as you down then caledonian sleeper back, I got the sleeper after the Cardinal Rams game last year and it was excellent.

5 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Oh yeh think I asked you that before, Ideally I'll be back in Edinburgh early Monday morning as the Mrs has a shop that she'll be opening and it's not worth the hassle if I'm not. I'm thinking same flight as you down then caledonian sleeper back, I got the sleeper after the Cardinal Rams game last year and it was excellent.

Probably not worth the hassle lol

Train expensive?

I think the sleeper is around 50/60 for a seat and about 200 for a bed, the seat was decent last year I was that drunk it felt like heaven :lol: What's your plans from Gatwick to Wembley?

Edited by VivaObua

On 15/08/2018 at 13:15, VivaObua said:

I think the sleeper is around 50/60 for a seat and about 200 for a bed, the seat was decent last year I was that drunk it felt like heaven :lol: What's your plans from Gatwick to Wembley?

Im going to go straight from the airport to wembley via train. 

Sexton Hardcastle
On 12/08/2018 at 19:03, Peebo said:

Watched 5/6 episodes of qb1. Pretty good and still mental the attention, investment and everything else involved at that level.

One of the white kids looks very talented. Interesting to see how far he goes with the buckeyes.

Sexton Hardcastle

Whilst still not getting all the hype with Mahomes that 70 yard td was something else. Will either have plenty of ints or rack up some serious yards. Hopefully the former.

chuck berrys hairline

Whilst still not getting all the hype with Mahomes that 70 yard td was something else. Will either have plenty of ints or rack up some serious yards. Hopefully the former.

Chiefs are the dark horses this year in their conference, however I can't see the boy holding it up for 16 games he's too small for my liking.

Hot since 86
On 14/08/2018 at 10:13, MacPhee said:

I will be flying to Stansted but more than happy to have a pint. Will drop you a DM if I’m travelling 

Anyone still post on here who is still involved with the original kickback dynasty league? What is going on with the waivers at moment? Just a few days back the commissioner (Broncos) said free agency didn’t start until 1st September, now he’s chopping and changing his own squad. No one has cut down to 25 players yet. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Does seem a bit of a mess for both 5-1 and dynasty.

Some more decent timed games this evening starting from 6. 

luckyBatistuta

Aaron Rodgers gets his money... 

The Packers and Aaron Rodgers have agreed to a record-breaking four-year extension worth $134 million in base salary, including nearly $103 million in guarantees, according to ESPN's...$57.5 million signing bonus.

Maybe he can afford himself a decent wardrobe now :lol:

3C08E0AB-2842-4BE5-91D4-6C427A3AF619.jpeg

8AE934A5-AFC2-4D53-AFEE-D3D0E2DDA070.jpeg

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta

Teddy Bridgewater traded to the Saints for a 3rd round pick, good trade for the Saints imo. He was on a bus with the team when he found out and just got up and walked off :lol:

reckon he ran more like, laughing all the way to New Orleans.

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Teddy Bridgewater traded to the Saints for a 3rd round pick, good trade for the Saints imo. He was on a bus with the team when he found out and just got up and walked off :lol:

reckon he ran more like, laughing all the way to New Orleans.

It’s great to see him back after such a horrible injury.

It’s an interesting move. Seemed like the odd man out at the Jets, but you never know how highly-drafted QBs will actually turn out. The starting slot could have been Bridgewater’s soon enough.

The Saints obviously like him, and he seems to have a good shot of being Brees’ successor...but even though the latter is 39, that could be a few years away. 

8 minutes ago, Peebo said:

It’s great to see him back after such a horrible injury.

It’s an interesting move. Seemed like the odd man out at the Jets, but you never know how highly-drafted QBs will actually turn out. The starting slot could have been Bridgewater’s soon enough.

The Saints obviously like him, and he seems to have a good shot of being Brees’ successor...but even though the latter is 39, that could be a few years away. 

Not many better to learn from for a couple years though.

43 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not many better to learn from for a couple years though.

Of course. But that may not be what he needs - this is a former pro-bowler, remember, not a rookie. Still only 25, of course.

Interesting to see what happens next year. Pretty sure he only signed a one year deal with the Jets, which makes them getting a 3rd rounder a bit surprising. Will see what happens over the season...but barring injury (always a very real possibility!), I don’t think Brees is going anywhere for a while. 

Also so worth remembering Bridgewater will have had no say at all in the trade, so I’m sure he’ll view it as a positive. Hopefully, he should have many years ahead of him, yet. 

Really good move for the Saints, he seemed to have really impressed in pre-season. 

Reckon the Jags missed a trick there though.

1 hour ago, KineticBeat said:

Really good move for the Saints, he seemed to have really impressed in pre-season. 

Reckon the Jags missed a trick there though.

Not necessarily. They are stuck with bortles this season, but can dump him at the end of it, albeit with a lot of dead money. Bridgewater will be available then, and probably won’t be in a position to demand a huge salary. Not sure spending a third on him now would have been a good move for the Jags. 

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Not necessarily. They are stuck with bortles this season, but can dump him at the end of it, albeit with a lot of dead money. Bridgewater will be available then, and probably won’t be in a position to demand a huge salary. Not sure spending a third on him now would have been a good move for the Jags. 

That's probably fair, I just don't trust Bortles at all and can't believe they think they are genuine contenders with him at the helm.