**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

With the Bills needing a QB and looking likely to trade up into the top 5 (they've already moved up to 12 and have another 1st round pick to use as further ammunition), I reckon it's almost certain there will be 4 QB's taken in the top 5. Can't remember that ever happening before.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

With the Bills needing a QB and looking likely to trade up into the top 5 (they've already moved up to 12 and have another 1st round pick to use as further ammunition), I reckon it's almost certain there will be 4 QB's taken in the top 5. Can't remember that ever happening before.

It’s a really interesting build up to the draft this year. Barkley is an incredible talent that any franchise would love to acquire, but there are a lot of good RB’s in there. Really looking forward to this draft and see who jumps for Barkley with so many teams needing QB’s. I think if the order stays as it is now (don’t think it will), Browns will still take him knowing they’ll still pick up a quality QB with their 4th.

hmfc_liam06
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Wouldn’t think the Browns will be happy about this trade. They knew the Colts weren’t taking a QB, so I reckon they might have been thinking of taking Barkley with their 1st and then still able to get the QB they want with their 4th pick. It’s possible we might even trade down again.

I think Barkley will go at 4.

Bills or Cardinals will trade up to 2. 

Rosen/Allen/Darnold first 3 (in no particular order), Barkley 4.

The thing is, all this clamour for a QB, not a hope in hell all 4 of them (including Mayfield) go on to have stellar careers. Be lucky if one do.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think Barkley will go at 4.

Bills or Cardinals will trade up to 2. 

Rosen/Allen/Darnold first 3 (in no particular order), Barkley 4.

The thing is, all this clamour for a QB, not a hope in hell all 4 of them (including Mayfield) go on to have stellar careers. Be lucky if one do.

If the Browns don’t trade down, I think they’d be absolutely mad not to take Barkley at 1. If they were taking a QB, I think they should go for Darnold, but why take him, when they can have Barkley and still have a choice between 2 of the 4 you mention. As you say, none of them are guaranteed to have stellar careers anyway.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If the Browns don’t trade down, I think they’d be absolutely mad not to take Barkley at 1. If they were taking a QB, I think they should go for Darnold, but why take him, when they can have Barkley and still have a choice between 2 of the 4 you mention. As you say, none of them are guaranteed to have stellar careers anyway.

See, I think the complete opposite. Barkley is practically a certainty to be there at 4 (if Giants trade back). I think they should go grab the QB they like best and then pick up Barkley at 4. 

It'll be interesting for sure, plenty drama ahead no doubt!

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

See, I think the complete opposite. Barkley is practically a certainty to be there at 4 (if Giants trade back). I think they should go grab the QB they like best and then pick up Barkley at 4. 

It'll be interesting for sure, plenty drama ahead no doubt!

So who was the idiot that said great minds think alike :laugh:

This is exactly why I think this draft is so good this year, so much uncertainty about it. Still a couple of twists before it starts too I reckon. 

luckyBatistuta
50 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Anyone seen the Zay Jones video??

:cornette:

Nope, but now you’ve posted, I’m off to watch it :thumb:

luckyBatistuta
54 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Anyone seen the Zay Jones video??

How much blood is on those corridors. :cornette:

hmfc_liam06
38 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

How much blood is on those corridors. :cornette:

Another promising career heading down the pan.

NFL is a sport like no other for this kinda thing, unreal!

Jets trade up to number 3in the draft..who do they have in mind ?...surely a QB

Making moves for  Ndamukong Suh and had made the best financial offer for Cousins who of course moved elsewhere....Jets have money to spend this season

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Barkley 4.5 on skybet to go first and I’ll be having a slice of that.

Wow, was just looking at that about 10/15mins ago and thinking I need a bet on it. Take the best player available:thumbsup:

luckyBatistuta

Odell won’t set foot on the field until he has a contract...like we never saw that coming.

5 hours ago, Ross992 said:

Browns have picked up Drew Stanton now as well.  They must not be thinking about picking up a QB then!

I don't think having Stanton is a sign they're not going to pick a QB, Stanton's just backup quality

14 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I don't think having Stanton is a sign they're not going to pick a QB, Stanton's just backup quality

It is the Browns so Stanton may never start a game...may not even be on the roster by September...or may be their start next season...

Given their history, I suspect he’ll get a chance to play at some point. And will be utterly shite. 

hmfc_liam06

Taylor will start the season and be gone by next Feb.

Stanton will be the true backup for the 2 years.

And they'll draft Darnold first overall, who will more than likely be starting come week 8.

You draft who you think will be your franchise QB going forward over anyone else in the draft for me.

But then it's the Browns...

luckyBatistuta
33 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Taylor will start the season and be gone by next Feb.

Stanton will be the true backup for the 2 years.

And they'll draft Darnold first overall, who will more than likely be starting come week 8.

You draft who you think will be your franchise QB going forward over anyone else in the draft for me.

But then it's the Browns...

But as you say Liam, there are no guarantees with these QB’s, Allen, Mayfield or Rosen could end up better than Darnold (I’d take Darnold first out of the QB’s). I don’t think anyone can deny that Barkley is special. Barkley is the best player in the draft and then they can still pick up a potential franchise QB with their next pick. If they take Darnold, I think there is a chance they lose Barkley to the Giants.

But as you say, it’s the Browns. :laugh:

luckyBatistuta
12 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That Rams D though...

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And Beckham being shopped around!

That Rams offense though...

with Beckham!

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That Rams offense though...

with Beckham!

Thing is it actually makes sense for the Giants to trade him. They need so much work done to that roster.

I also subscribe to the notion that elite receivers are a bit over-estimated in their importance to a team.

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Thing is it actually makes sense for the Giants to trade him. They need so much work done to that roster.

I also subscribe to the notion that elite receivers are a bit over-estimated in their importance to a team.

I have him in Dynasty so will be watching what happens with interest! :-)

9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He’s also an absolute bell-end.

As for two first round picks for him...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by Peebo

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

He’s also an absolute bell-end.

As for two first round picks for him...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

There is also that.

shaun.lawson
On 2/8/2018 at 16:13, Peebo said:

Insane is right. Based on what? A good run of games at the end, but two or three dead rubbers in there. 

He may turn out to be a great, but making him the highest paid player ever (on average per year basis) is a nonsense. 

It's the market. Young QB, face of the franchise, so they've made a long term commitment to him. The fans adore him. Right thing to do IMO. Most exciting time in San Francisco since the glory years. 

14 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Thing is it actually makes sense for the Giants to trade him.

Agree 100%. They have to rebuild so much of that squad. And as Peebo says, he's a total bell in any case. 

7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

It's the market. Young QB, face of the franchise, so they've made a long term commitment to him. The fans adore him. Right thing to do IMO. Most exciting time in San Francisco since the glory years. 

Yes, I know it’s a reflection of the QB market. But there is something broken with said market when it sees a largely unproven player become the highest paid player in the history of the sport! 

Sexton Hardcastle

If players like Watkins are worth 16m a year then he is undoubtedly worth the 20 he is seeking. Qb market is ridiculous even for third strings so will be interesting where he does renew with and the terms. Bell is finding out the hard way for his hold out.

shaun.lawson
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43576681

If a Saints player is to walk into a bar or restaurant, cheerleaders are required to leave the establishment or risk losing their job, according to a copy of Davis' complaint

America has always been this ludicrous cross between hypersexualisation and po-faced Victorian morality... but this story takes it to a whole new level. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Strange one releasing King but seems Gruden is either not up for his swagger patter or they need the cap to sign Bowman/Mack.

either way King will get paid somewhere else.

luckyBatistuta

:mmtaxi: for Brandin Cooks, that lasted long. 1st round pick (23rd) and a 6th round pick.

luckyBatistuta

Jerome Bettis knows what he’s talking about on GMFB. Select Saquon Barkley number 1, as he’ll improve your whole team immediately. No guarantees with any of the QB’s, but Barkley is an elite talent.

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Jerome Bettis knows what he’s talking about on GMFB. Select Saquon Barkley number 1, as he’ll improve your whole team immediately. No guarantees with any of the QB’s, but Barkley is an elite talent.

Josh Allen #1 seems to be the latest trend.

16 days to go, can't wait!

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Josh Allen #1 seems to be the latest trend.

16 days to go, can't wait!

Time seems like it’s dragging. Looking forward to this draft more than last year. Cant wait to see who the Colts pick, or whether we trade down again. If I was taking a QB, then I’d take Darnold and if I couldn’t get him, probably Rosen. You?

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Time seems like it’s dragging. Looking forward to this draft more than last year. Cant wait to see who the Colts pick, or whether we trade down again. If I was taking a QB, then I’d take Darnold and if I couldn’t get him, probably Rosen. You?

I really don't know, it's not really a position I've been keeping a close eye on.

I think from a Colts perspective you'll be hoping a couple QB's fall allowing you to trade further back.

luckyBatistuta

Just finished watching Tom vs Time

https://www.facebook.com/tomvstime/?referrer=video_home

Six short episodes of the behind the scenes life of Tom Brady. I really enjoyed it, some interesting stuff in there. Whether you like him or not, you have to respect the dedication and commitment he puts in to being the best he can possibly be. I know there is tension between Belichick and Guerrero, but Brady seems as fit as he possibly could he at his age and no signs of slowing either, so he must be doing something right.

Oh, and if Edelman was made of chocolate, he really would eat himself. Think I dislike him even more now (which is difficult) after watching this.

Anyway, definitely worthy of a view

15 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Dez Bryant released by the Cowboys. Didn't have a good season last year, but some team will sign him to a big contract.

He’s almost as much of a *****, but I’d sooner take him than spend two first rounders on Beckham.

hmfc_liam06
On 13/04/2018 at 20:31, Peebo said:

He’s almost as much of a *****, but I’d sooner take him than spend two first rounders on Beckham.

Agree. He’ll feel that he has a point to prove now, be interesting to see if he can.

Agree. He’ll feel that he has a point to prove now, be interesting to see if he can.

He’ll be a great addition for someone. I’d certainly take him at the Texans!

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, Peebo said:

He’ll be a great addition for someone. I’d certainly take him at the Texans!

I can see him at the Redskins

7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I can see him at the Redskins

Yes, they seem to be the bookies’ favourites. 

Browns surely got to take Barkley with 1st pick. Report suggesting that Giants won't take a QB at 2 so if true Browns would still get one if the top 2 QBs at 4 if they want one. Giants predicted to take either Chubb or Nelson at 2. If Chubb was still there at 4 I would be tempted to take him. Taylor isn't a bad QB and with 3 decent receivers along with Barkley, Hyde and Johnson at RB and Njoku at TE, they'd be pretty strong on offence. Teaming up Chubb with Myles Garrett would also drastically improve their defence as well. They would still have the last pick in the first round to use to strengthen even further.

One thing's for sure this draft is going to be the best for a few years.

KineticBeat

Seen this flying about https://predictpick.nfl.com/groups might be fun to put a KB group together if people are keen?

I think Browns go QB at #1 safe in the knowledge that the Jets are going QB, the Giants SHOULD go QB and if anyone trades up to #2 it'll be for a QB.  If the Giants are stupid and go for Barkley, then the Browns go for Chubb and get the best defensive player in the draft rather than the best offensive player in the draft. 

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, KineticBeat said:

Seen this flying about https://predictpick.nfl.com/groups might be fun to put a KB group together if people are keen?

I think Browns go QB at #1 safe in the knowledge that the Jets are going QB, the Giants SHOULD go QB and if anyone trades up to #2 it'll be for a QB.  If the Giants are stupid and go for Barkley, then the Browns go for Chubb and get the best defensive player in the draft rather than the best offensive player in the draft. 

Agree. I've said it for a while now, if you think your franchise QB is out there you go get him regardless of the talent elsewhere.

Agree. I've said it for a while now, if you think your franchise QB is out there you go get him regardless of the talent elsewhere.

When the QB class is this strong, then surely you get the best player in the draft first (Barkley), safe in the knowledge that you'll get one of the top QBs at 4. Lots of reports in the states saying that Giants won't go for a QB at 2. That way you'll get one of the top 2 at 4. 

Top running backs seem on recent evidence to bring way more to their team in the first few seasons than QBs so think if the Browns do want Barkley they should get him at 1.

hmfc_liam06
53 minutes ago, dougal said:

When the QB class is this strong, then surely you get the best player in the draft first (Barkley), safe in the knowledge that you'll get one of the top QBs at 4. Lots of reports in the states saying that Giants won't go for a QB at 2. That way you'll get one of the top 2 at 4. 

Top running backs seem on recent evidence to bring way more to their team in the first few seasons than QBs so think if the Browns do want Barkley they should get him at 1.

And if the Giants trade back and you're left with your 3rd choice QB? Perfectly plausible situation.

And what about the strength in depth at the RB position this year? Give me my number one choice QB, the best defensive player in the draft at 4 and then Sony Michel at 33. Barkley is getting the hype and rightly so, he looks a great prospect but he's not the be all end all at RB in this draft. In my opinion Guice is just as good (doubt he'll be there at 33 but they have enough draft capital if they felt the could move up a few spots to get him). 

I actually think Michel is a perfect fit for the Browns.

33 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And if the Giants trade back and you're left with your 3rd choice QB? Perfectly plausible situation.

And what about the strength in depth at the RB position this year? Give me my number one choice QB, the best defensive player in the draft at 4 and then Sony Michel at 33. Barkley is getting the hype and rightly so, he looks a great prospect but he's not the be all end all at RB in this draft. In my opinion Guice is just as good (doubt he'll be there at 33 but they have enough draft capital if they felt the could move up a few spots to get him). 

I actually think Michel is a perfect fit for the Browns.

Don't think taking any one of the top 3 QBs at 4 would be a hardship for the Browns. But as you say if they have one particular one in mind they might go for him at one but just think it's a risk to not take Barkley. Again you're right that there are other RBs out there that could do a job. I think that what makes this draft so intriguing is that no one really knows who's going in the top 6 picks.