**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Evening all,

I've now provisionally set up the Dynasty League on the website My Fantasy League. Link can be found here: http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/63129

I've included the 16 teams from this years ESPN league with the same names (these can be changed if you wish), I'd like to offer everyone who was in the league this year the opportunity to join this league, if we have anyone who wishes to drop out then I'll offer the spaces to others on the board.

I'm hoping we can get this sorted out some time in January and hold a draft around February or March time. These rosters will then be kept over the summer and supplemented with a rookie draft before the start of the season in September.

Using the current ESPN league I've emailed the details of the league out to each of the existing owners.

This league will have a small fee which will be due in the summer. MFL offers discounts for purchasing the league early and the fee should be somewhere around $70. This works out at around $4.50 each per year. We can discuss whether putting more money in and playing for prize money is a viable option nearer the time.

Can anyone who is interested in re-joining the league this year or anyone interested in reserving a franchise as a backup give me a pm.

Thanks,

Donnie

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

Invites sent to a number of people.

I've got a couple of people interested in taking over franchises if anyone is not up for it this year.

Yeah count me in aswell, sounds good. I got your email so will hopefully check out the site at some point today. Hopefully I will have a better draft this time than I did last time.

Sterling Archer

can anyone from last year's espn league who hasn't received an email invite to the mfl league can you let me know your email address and the team name you used last year and I'll get you added.

Thanks

Sterling Archer

People that I'm still waiting to hear from. (I don't know any of these peoples jkb username so if anyone knows that'd be much appreciated)

Jamie Sanderson

Clark Sanderson

Gavin Riley

Gordon Sarkis

If these guys could contact me as there's a couple of guys looking to join the league if you're not interested.

Sterling Archer

Just bumping this up to see if anyone knows the guys named above and can see if they are still interested.

Just bumping this up to see if anyone knows the guys named above and can see if they are still interested.

I will email them butty through the espn league and direct them to this thread.

Sterling Archer

Thanks,

I'm now thinking we may be better holding just one draft this year. I hadn't thought about the possibility of the NFL Draft in April having an effect on team's depth charts. (rams qb) for example.

I'm keen to gather as many peoples views as possible on this before we get started. Also need views on how long a season to hold and how you want to do the draft?

I'll pull together some of the issues and sent out a message through the league board.

Think probably the one draft later in the year is a good idea. It'll also allow things like free agency, coaching changes and trades to settle down as well, so it'll give us a better chance to see what certain players are likely to do.

Also I'd make a suggestion that we could have another league alongside the dynasty league. Just exactly the same as this year's one, with perhaps one or two tweaks. That way there's less of an emphasis on the future of players, it's all about here and now. Seems like it would be a good way of getting the best of both worlds. Obviously depending on what everyone thinks.

Sterling Archer
Think probably the one draft later in the year is a good idea. It'll also allow things like free agency, coaching changes and trades to settle down as well, so it'll give us a better chance to see what certain players are likely to do.

Also I'd make a suggestion that we could have another league alongside the dynasty league. Just exactly the same as this year's one, with perhaps one or two tweaks. That way there's less of an emphasis on the future of players, it's all about here and now. Seems like it would be a good way of getting the best of both worlds. Obviously depending on what everyone thinks.

For me personally I'm still hoping that Scott would run the ESPN league alongside this league? I'm pretty sure there would be demand for that.

For me personally I'm still hoping that Scott would run the ESPN league alongside this league? I'm pretty sure there would be demand for that.

Will still be running the kickback league in sep, if i can get over coming 14th with a top 10 qb top 3 and 20 rb and top 5 and 24 wr.:biggrin:

Sterling Archer
Will still be running the kickback league in sep, if i can get over coming 14th with a top 10 qb top 3 and 20 rb and top 5 and 24 wr.:biggrin:

Good to hear, just shows how much of it is luck. Apart from Drew Brees my drafting was terrible and I'll hopefully be a bit more prepared this year.

• 1 month later...
Sterling Archer

Just a quick update for everyone who is involved.

MFL has just released their 2010 leagues. I have upgraded the league I set up earlier in the year and was hoping we could sort out league fees sooner rather than later. (You received a $20 discount for purchasing before June 2010).

I've attached a screenshot of the payment screen just so you don't think I'm robbing you! With 16 teams the cost would work out at ?2.55 each although I'm open to putting more in and using the excess as prize money.

post-801-12664013133598_thumb.jpg

I still have yet to hear from the following 4 people, if anyone could get in touch with them and find out if they're interested that'd be greatly appreciated.

Jamie Sanderson

Clark Sanderson

Gavin Riley

Gordon Sarkis

If they don't want to take part this year that leaves us with the option of finding 4 replacements (please note, I have some people on file who pm'd me their interest before), or moving to a 12 team league. I'd like to take a league majority vote on this.

Thanks again and if you've got any questions about the league, payment or anything else feel free to send me a PM.

Sterling Archer

Like the sound of it but I'm on holiday most of March so I'll probably miss the draft. :(

Geoff, after some discussions we're going to hold the draft much later in the year (august/september time)! I'll keep your name on file if the other guys decide to drop out.

my vote - keep it at 16 teams or more even if we have to replace a few.

anything we can be doing with this in the mean time?

Sterling Archer

my vote - keep it at 16 teams or more even if we have to replace a few.

anything we can be doing with this in the mean time?

That's what I'd prefer too as it keeps the teams a bit more interesting and makes the league a bit deeper. I don't have the usernames of the four guys I mentioned to try and see if they're interested, do you know what they are?

What I'd like to do is get everyone's opinion on the issues I raised in the polls re how big to make rosters etc. I'm also trying to get agreement on a fee so that I can get the league paid for before it goes up in June.

That's what I'd prefer too as it keeps the teams a bit more interesting and makes the league a bit deeper. I don't have the usernames of the four guys I mentioned to try and see if they're interested, do you know what they are?

What I'd like to do is get everyone's opinion on the issues I raised in the polls re how big to make rosters etc. I'm also trying to get agreement on a fee so that I can get the league paid for before it goes up in June.

Colonel

Gordon Sarkis here, I'm still interested in joining the league, you'll have to e-mail me the details again. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you

• 3 weeks later...
Sterling Archer

Have pm'd the three people that were interested in the remaining spots. If anyone is getting bored with the lack of action involved we could start the draft as soon as they're set up, have it run all through the summer, you can pick at your leisure and get an email notification when it's your turn. Let me know if you're up for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Sterling Archer

Just pm me your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Whoever wants the last spot do the same, first come first served.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Sterling Archer

Still not heard back from JamboJoe about the remaining spots.

If anyone wants any of them the sooner the better as I think we should just kick off the draft in the next few weeks. No time limit per pick, you'll get a notification when you're on the clock.

How's that sound for people?

• 1 month later...
Sterling Archer

Two spots remaining for this. Entry fee is only a couple of quid and if I don't get the remaining two filled we can either:

1. Advertise for outsiders

2. Move to a 14 team league.

I've emailed all existing league members re payment for the league which is due before 12th June.

Nucky Thompson

Two spots remaining for this. Entry fee is only a couple of quid and if I don't get the remaining two filled we can either:

1. Advertise for outsiders

2. Move to a 14 team league.

I've emailed all existing league members re payment for the league which is due before 12th June.

Could you name the 14 people who have spots? I just want to make sure I'm in :sweat:

Sterling Archer

Could you name the 14 people who have spots? I just want to make sure I'm in :sweat:

Corstorphine Kiwis Dean Taylor

Name TBD Geoff Kilpatrick

Queensferry Dolphins Scott Fowler

Tynecastle 69'ers Bryan Souter

Inversneck 75'ers Roddy Campbell

Gorgie Patriots Tom Heaney

FRANCHISE AVAILABLE TBD

FRANCHISE AVAILABLE 2 TBD2

Goldenacre Giants Gordon Sarkis

Darth Ewing Colts Mike Ewing

BooBoys Bengals Brian Holden

Caledonian Chargers Ian Ross

Corstorphine Cowboys Chris

Gibson

Jambo Broncos Martin Gray

Kaunas Buckeyes Donnie Smith

Greenbay Jambos Jordan Thomson

Names in red are those that have confirmed and are ready to pay.

Edited by The Holy Spirit

Nucky Thompson

I'm on the list :thumbsup: Can you confirm Booboys Bengals and let me know how to pay :)

Sterling Archer

Will do.

Not sure of the best way, paypal, bank transfer? late night drop?

I'm not that fussy.

Rick Grimes

I'm still in (Inversneck).... can transfer you the cash if you PM your details.

Sterling Archer

1 space left.

Sir Digby's Chicken Caesar has joined the league.

Amount is ?3.05 based on the early bird discount. If we don't all pay by June 12th it'll be ?3.95, it's not much of a difference!

Anyone wanting to send the money my paypal is [email protected], PM me if you want to use a bank transfer.

Thanks again.

Sterling Archer

Prestonpans Pirates - Mark Stewart

Gibson

One space left: reds have confirmed.

Confirm that the Jambo Broncos will be returning. Will try sort out the payment details for you tomorrow.

Good to see you've got the Hall of Fame QB in waiting as your avatar :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

Prestonpans Pirates - Mark Stewart

Gibson

If anyone knows of anyone interested in the final place tell them to give me a shout.

Nucky Thompson

1 space left.

Sir Digby's Chicken Caesar has joined the league.

Amount is ?3.05 based on the early bird discount. If we don't all pay by June 12th it'll be ?3.95, it's not much of a difference!

Anyone wanting to send the money my paypal is [email protected], PM me if you want to use a bank transfer.

Thanks again.

I've sent the money through paypal :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

Received from both of you, thanks!

If anyone knows how to get in touch with the guys that haven't responded yet that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bump. Are people getting paid up?

Getting the revision in on espn mock drafts, ended up with a quality team(well at least I thought so). Was tempted to post it here for feedback, but then I think that might be revealing too much :whistling:

Sterling Archer

Bump. Are people getting paid up?

Getting the revision in on espn mock drafts, ended up with a quality team(well at least I thought so). Was tempted to post it here for feedback, but then I think that might be revealing too much :whistling:

Just a quick update of people who have paid, those who have confirmed but haven't paid yet and those that I haven't heard back from. I've got one guy on standby should I not hear back from some people. Anyone with an interest should still let me know. If anyone can get in contact with those yet to confirm that'd be much appreciated. I spent yesterday lunchtime setting up this years schedule and have entered the additional league rules on the site, feel free to take a look (they're not quite finished yet). Scoring rules are also up there, decided to go with decimal scoring this year as it's the fairest method.

Those In red have paid, blue have confirmed but yet to pay and black I'm still waiting to hear from.

Oh and for those mock drafting, remember that this is a dynasty and that the guys getting up there in age (R.Moss, Favre, Manning) don't hold quite the same value as they do in redrafts).

Franchise Owner Name JKB Username

Corstorphine Kiwis Dean Taylor Romanovs Barmy Army

Geoff's Franchise Geoff Kilpatrick Geoff Kilpatrick

Queensferry Dolphins Scott Fowler The Man In Black

SD Chargers Bryan Souter Bringbackjefferies

Inversneck 75'ers Roddy Campbell jamtartan

Gorgie Patriots Tom Heaney Tom Heaney

Prestonpans Pirates Mark Stewart Sir Digby's Chicken Caesar

Dunedin Buccaneers Jim Smith Big Chip Butty

Goldenacre Giants Gordon Sarkis elvisisgod

Darth Ewing Colts Mike Ewing Darth Ewing

BooBoys Bengals Brian Holden The Boo

Caledonian Chargers Ian Ross rossi_1983

Corstorphine Cowboys Chris Gibson Gibby

Jambo Broncos Martin Gray Martin

Kaunas Buckeyes Donnie Smith The Holy Spirit

Greenbay Jambos Jordan Thomson JamboJoe

Ive only ever played the ESPN one last year, So this dynasty one, Does this mean this time next year we choose which players to retain and which ones to release, and the draft next year will be for Free agents and rookies(2011 draft)??