• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

Romo released.

Both excited and quite terrified of him moving down the I-45 to Houston.

You've got to be more excited than terrified surely. It can't be any worse offensively than it is now, so why are you terrified.

hmfc_liam06

Warrilow signed as well, 2 big needs filled. Would love us to go out and get Blount as well and then really focus on the secondary/DL in the draft.

Romo released.

Redskins?

hmfc_liam06

Reminder of my post above - I've created a dynasty league if anyone is interested in joining.

7 members so far, ideally looking for 12 but would be happy rolling with 10.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

You've got to be more excited than terrified surely. It can't be any worse offensively than it is now, so why are you terrified.

No, he is a great QB. However, there are guaranteed high-profile **** ups! Much better than utter mediocrity at QB, though.,

Redskins?

Think it will be us (Texans) or Broncos. Suspect Texans would be more attractive option for him.

luckyBatistuta

Think it will be us (Texans) or Broncos. Suspect Texans would be more attractive option for him.

I think he'd be looking at Texans too. The defense is superb and the rest of the division sucks at the moment. Easiest opportunity to hit the playoffs and then it's anybody's.

Don't even know where to begin with the Colts though, there are that many positions needing covered.

hmfc_liam06

Jags building on defence again. No doubt be the dark horse tip and fail...again.

They really have no excuses now in my opinion.

Jags building on defence again. No doubt be the dark horse tip and fail...again.

Always give me a good laugh how many folk tip them to win the AFC South every season. They have been ****ing shite for years, despite many high profile additions.

Sexton Hardcastle

Nice pay day for Kenny Britt. Can't help but think he's getting massively overpaid. The price of going to Cleveland.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

luckyBatistuta

Colts trade Dwayne Allen and a 6th round pick to the Pats for a 4th round pick. At first i thought wtf!!! Now that I've digested it, I'm still not sure how i feel about it. The Colts now have 3 4th round picks and some spare cash. Allen was injury prone and the Colts are obviously keen on Swoope never mind Doyle. They could possibly trade up with these picks, but just not sure how this is going to pan out. 

hmfc_liam06

Torrey Smith to the Eagles

Robert Woods to the Rams

Eagles and Colts fighting it out for Alshon Jeffery.

luckyBatistuta

Torrey Smith to the Eagles

Robert Woods to the Rams

Eagles and Colts fighting it out for Alshon Jeffery.

Were they linked before they acquired Smith or after? Would be a good addition, but he's been suspended in the past for PED's and has had his share of injuries, plus, is that the Colts greatest needs right now. I don't think so, but what the hell do I know :lol:

hmfc_liam06

Were they linked before they acquired Smith or after? Would be a good addition, but he's been suspended in the past for PED's and has had his share of injuries, plus, is that the Colts greatest needs right now. I don't think so, but what the hell do I know :lol:

No idea but yeah a receiver is the least of your worries! WR and QB are about the only 2 positions you don't need :lol:

hmfc_liam06

Jags to sign AJ Bouye.

Cards to sign Antoine Bethea.

That Jags secondary is looking outrageously good!

Placid Casual

Jay Cutler released, go get him Houston.

Packers lost a good 'un today :(

Goodbye, Sweet Prince...

Referee-Knocks-off-Jay-Cutlers-Helmet.gi

luckyBatistuta

Romo released.

They're backtracking now, trade.

Placid Casual

Browns have just traded for Osweiler and a 2nd round pick from the Texans, Texans must be getting Romo

Didn't see that coming.

Edited by Placid Casual

luckyBatistuta

Browns have just traded for Osweiler and a 2nd round pick from the Texans, Texans must be getting Romo

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

It's Cutler defo :lol:

It's Cutler defo :lol:

Don't give a ****. Just delighted to get rid of Osweiler.

Deal also sees Houston get a fourth and Cleveland get a sixth.

Cleveland now apparently going to try trade him.

Fair play to Houston. Swiftly correcting a big mistake, relatively speaking.

Yes I'm no fan of Rick Smith, but they have done well here.

As shite as Osweiler was, it's worth remembering the reigning Super Bowl champions were desperate to keep him when we signed him exactly a year ago.

There's no-one else dumb enough to trade for him...apart from the Browns :lol:

There's no-one else dumb enough to trade for him...apart from the Browns :lol:

Only the Jets could possibly be interested!

But essentially, the Browns are buying a 2nd round pick for $18M. They may think that worth it.

Edited by Peebo

Placid Casual

Only the Jets could possibly be interested!

But essentially, the Browns are buying a 2nd round pick for $18M. They may think that worth it.

It's a bold move!

luckyBatistuta

Too right, part of me wants you to get Romo as he's old and injury prone, but the other part of me is worried he's gonna fly in Houston.

Ian Rapaport tweeting that the Browns are considering just waiving Osweiler, so $18m for a 2nd rnd pick as Peebo says...and life couldn't get much lower for Osweiler!

Too right, part of me wants you to get Romo as he's old and injury prone, but the other part of me is worried he's gonna fly in Houston.

He and Watt can trade back surgery stories.

Jeffrey going to the Eagles.

luckyBatistuta

He and Watt can trade back surgery stories.

:lol: Osweiler must be thinking "what the hell happened, I was at the Super Bowl champs and people raving about me and now I'm at the Browns"

Jeffrey going to the Eagles.

I'm not that upset tbh, I'd have taken him but would rather address the other multitude of problems we have.

Placid Casual

How would that have worked with Osweiler, contract wise? He was due a lot of money from Houston over the next few years.

Sorry for asking... but still learning about the game, as you can probably tell!

How would that have worked with Osweiler, contract wise? He was due a lot of money from Houston over the next few years.

Sorry for asking... but still learning about the game, as you can probably tell!

The only guaranteed bit of if his contract was $18m for next season. He can be released after that. The Browns now take on that contract.

Contracts in NFL often only contain a portion that are guaranteed. In other words, contracts plus options for the team to extend.

Because of salary cap rules, the Texans still take a bit of a hit for that. They only free up $10m of cap space by getting rid of him.

Placid Casual

The only guaranteed bit of if his contract was $18m for next season. He can be released after that. The Browns now take on that contract.

Contracts in NFL often only contain a portion that are guaranteed. In other words, contracts plus options for the team to extend.

Because of salary cap rules, the Texans still take a bit of a hit for that. They only free up $10m of cap space by getting rid of him.

Ah, I see now, thanks. Hard to sympathise with the players considering the sums involved.

Ah, I see now, thanks. Hard to sympathise with the players considering the sums involved.

Can't be a nice feeling getting traded to the Cleveland Browns, but financially, it won't make any difference to him whatsoever.

Can't be a nice feeling getting traded to the Cleveland Browns, but financially, it won't make any difference to him whatsoever.

I reckon the Browns will be challenging for the division in 3 years or so.

Browns draft picks: 2017 - 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6

2018 - 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7

11 picks each in next 2 drafts.

I think if they can find a solution to QB in free agency or the draft in the next couple of years, I think they'll be a good force.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

I think if they can find a solution to QB in free agency or the draft in the next couple of years, I think they'll be a good force.

They get the right picks with that lot and they won't have a problem attracting a QB.

alwaysthereinspirit

They get the right picks with that lot and they won't have a problem attracting a QB.

They are a terrible franchise. They'll manage to screw it up.

luckyBatistuta

They are a terrible franchise. They'll manage to screw it up.

They are, but that's some scary picks. They can't go on forever being so bad, it has to pay off eventually for them.

luckyBatistuta

The Browns are shaking it up, they now want QB Jimmy Garoppolo. They have plenty picks to trade with, that's for sure. This is going to be very interesting to see what the Pats are going to do.

I wonder how many Brandon Weedens they can draft!

Still a bit of work to do before they get to point of being able to win their division, I'd say.