• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sexton Hardcastle

You misunderstand Sexton. I'm saying that I didn't say it was boring, I had said it was a letdown.

Not sure how it was a let down? First half was fairly one sided but the game had what eveyone wanted

Dez having a huge game

Zeke racking up over a hundred yards

Dak continuing to impress

Rodgers being Rodgers

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

Not sure how it was a let down? First half was fairly one sided but the game had what eveyone wanted

Dez having a huge game

Zeke racking up over a hundred yards

Dak continuing to impress

Rodgers being Rodgers

Can someone please explain to Sexton.

Indeed it did- a heart-breaking Dallas defeat.

Well my predictions of for the weekend were a complete flop, so often we see defenses come out on top in playoff football but it was a resounding success for the 4 better offensive sides.

Hopefully sets us up for 2 exciting matches this coming weekend.

Jesus Christ, a timeline for people who can't understand a simple series of events...

At 22:43 Dallas were behind by 18 points. I made a comment saying it was 'another letdown of a game' which at that point it absolutely was. It looked like GB would stroll it.

Some 104 minutes later, at 00:27, after much football had been played and Dallas had tied the game Sexton posted 'Boring playoff game you said...'

1 minute after that I posted to say 'Letdown actually' as I had said it was a letdown and not boring. I wasn't saying it was still a letdown, I was saying that I had said it was a letdown earlier on in the evening.

At 01:02 Sexton then started telling us about a particularly good blow job.

Jesus Christ, a timeline for people who can't understand a simple series of events...

At 22:43 Dallas were behind by 18 points. I made a comment saying it was 'another letdown of a game' which at that point it absolutely was. It looked like GB would stroll it.

Some 104 minutes later, at 00:27, after much football had been played and Dallas had tied the game Sexton posted 'Boring playoff game you said...'

1 minute after that I posted to say 'Letdown actually' as I had said it was a letdown and not boring. I wasn't saying it was still a letdown, I was saying that I had said it was a letdown earlier on in the evening.

:)

alwaysthereinspirit

Calm down. All is good. Patriots are still in the play-offs and that's really all that matters.

Well to me anyway.

Hopefully someone will stop the steelers, I don't care who, just stop them.(i'm a Bengals fan)

I agree it seems unlikely. Focus seems to be building London fanbase.

Not impossible, but presumably this was just a crowd-pleasing remark at the NFL fan night held in Glasgow last night.

I don't think there's a big enough area outside of either stadium to put in all the 'tailgate' stuff. The merchandise area alone is pretty big at Wembley and I can't picture where they would put it. Using Roseburn Park would be pretty ropey in October time, I think?

I don't think there's a big enough area outside of either stadium to put in all the 'tailgate' stuff. The merchandise area alone is pretty big at Wembley and I can't picture where they would put it. Using Roseburn Park would be pretty ropey in October time, I think?

There is quite a bit of space around Murrayfield for milling about, but aye, nowhere near the same. Mind you, Wembley isn't really the same as "proper" tailgating. Not sure what the new Tottenham stadium will be like for "pre-gaming". My one trip to White Hart Lane was a bit of a blur...

There is quite a bit of space around Murrayfield for milling about, but aye, nowhere near the same. Mind you, Wembley isn't really the same as "proper" tailgating. Not sure what the new Tottenham stadium will be like for "pre-gaming". My one trip to White Hart Lane was a bit of a blur...

I don't think you'll ever get a proper tailgating experience in the UK, even if London gets a franchise.

I don't think you'll ever get a proper tailgating experience in the UK, even if London gets a franchise.

Aye, because lack of car parking space and mercifully widespread observation of drink driving laws!

alwaysthereinspirit

:lol:

"Antonio Brown streams Mike Tomlin calling Patriots 'assholes' to Facebook Live"

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jan/16/antonio-brown-facebook-live-mike-tomlin-pittsburgh-steelers

All this while the coach is asking the players to use common sense with regards to social media during the lead up to the game. :)

Placid Casual

All this while the coach is asking the players to use common sense with regards to social media during the lead up to the game. :)

He must have been absolutely furious with Brown!

alwaysthereinspirit

He must have been absolutely furious with Brown!

He was on the radio this morning saying Brown will be fined by both the Steelers and the league.

The coach was not a happy camper about having to discuss it with the media.

To start you'd probably end up with just a preseason "game," which are really just overblown scrimmages.

I doubt it. I can't see any teams wanting to interrupt their pre-season to come over for that.

I doubt it. I can't see any teams wanting to interrupt their pre-season to come over for that.

If it's the third or fourth preseason weekend, training camp is over and it's just a matter of coaches trying to figure out who to cut.  The third game is usually the best one, as each team usually leaves its starters on for a full half and they actually play the drives to score, rather than to just try out plays.

If it's the third or fourth preseason weekend, training camp is over and it's just a matter of coaches trying to figure out who to cut. The third game is usually the best one, as each team usually leaves its starters on for a full half and they actually play the drives to score, rather than to just try out plays.

I know. I've sat through numerous, turgid preseason games. I just can't see teams wanting to disrupt their normal preseason schedules, and all that is involved, to travel over the Atlantic to play games that are a joke as a competitive spectacle.

I remember it being introduced and his press conference just going on about the No Fun League. Then I never head any more about it and I assumed it had just never happened.

Have folk in Scotland been following American football long enough to remember Vince McMahon's XFL?

Good write-up here. The amount of money NBC lost on this is hard to imagine.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/19/xfl-documentary-espn-30-for-30

I'm sure one of the Football Life documentaries covered that as well. I may be wrong, I definitely saw something similar a couple years back though.

Honestly cannot wait for the NFC game tomorrow night. Been watching NFL Network all week and absolutely noone is giving the Packers a chance (perhaps understandable given the nightmare-ish secondary and that Nelson, Adams and Allison are all banged up) but I'm not giving it hope.

Can't really call either Championship game to be honest. Patriots at home are as much of a cert as you'll be find but the Steelers have so much firepower that it makes it difficult.

I'll be go with:

Packers 38 Falcons 35

Steelers 27 Patriots 24

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Kendoll

chuck berrys hairline

Packers Patriots double for me dunno why just a hunch Rodgers will drag them through. 4/1 on Ladbrokes

Sexton Hardcastle

Bradys stats vs Tomlin are incredible. As much as I would like for the steelers to win NE are a stick on.

Fancy the Falcons to comfortably make it past GB. Freeman to do the business again.

I see Rodgers is giving it more of the poor me patter, bless him he has the sniffles.

Forever hobbling about or grimacing during games as well. Drama queen.

:lol:

J.T.F.Robertson

Their two "B's" will probably triumph over our three.

Hoping to be wrong, but I rarely fancy us up against these "assholes". ;)

I just read an article suggesting Houston should trade Watt for Romo :) :) :)

Anyway, should be two decent games today. I fancy the Packers to win, although Atlanta are very, very good, and the Patriots.

I reckon all four teams left have a good chance of winning it all.

Have folk in Scotland been following American football long enough to remember Vince McMahon's XFL?

Good write-up here. The amount of money NBC lost on this is hard to imagine.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/19/xfl-documentary-espn-30-for-30

Remember Trump's USFL?

I've also heard there's supposedly to be a Spring League starting up. Any info?

I am thinking Patriots and Packers. I think the Falcons are a better team than the Packers but Rodgers is just being too ridiculous right now to bet against them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Most successful, well-attended sports league in history, apparently.

The nfl brought in some of their new spec, did they not?

Some 25 year old guy has been lifted for setting off the fire alarm at the Steeler's hotel in the early hours! Jumped into a waiting car after it.

Some 25 year old guy has been lifted for setting off the fire alarm at the Steeler's hotel in the early hours! Jumped into a waiting car after it.

They're not playing the NE Cheetah's by any chance.

J.T.F.Robertson

Was the getaway driver a squat, miserable lookin guy in a grey hoodie?

Yep I also think that one of the four remaining sides have a chance of winning the Super Bowl :lol:

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Yep I also think that one of the four remaining sides have a chance of winning the Super Bowl :lol:

Yep, goes without saying.