Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Anybody know of a way to STOP buying golf gear? These are arriving tomorrow in time for my 40 over par opening round on Saturday.

lunar-control-4-wide-womens-golf-shoe.jp

Haha brilliant.

I know the feeling man. Recently bought 4 dozen Nike RZN Tour platinum's because they're half price now Nike have pulled out of the hardware side of things. :lol:

Great ball. ?20 a dozen is superb.

EZ8eVlA.jpg

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola

Haha brilliant.

I know the feeling man. Recently bought 4 dozen Nike RZN Tour platinum's because they're half price now Nike have pulled out of the hardware side of things. :lol:

EZ8eVlA.jpg

Who's been selling them at thus price Sten? I've been buying Vice for the last year as they are a ProV1 equivalent at a fraction of the price.

Who's been selling them at thus price Sten? I've been buying Vice for the last year as they are a ProV1 equivalent at a fraction of the price.

Online Golf - I've just bought 2 boxes!!!

?19.99 plus ?2 delivery or spend over ?25 and delivery is free so decided to use the ?2 delivery fee to put towards a second box.

Jesus man.

?19.99 plus ?2 delivery or spend over ?25 and delivery is free so decided to use the ?2 delivery fee to put towards a second box.

Jesus man.

:rofl:

Seek help man!

Jesus man.

:yas:

hmfc_liam06

Can't help with the golf buying addiction I'm afraid, I bought a Stuburt jacket from my pro the other day, was reduced to ?36.99...I shouldn't even need it til October!

Currently sunning it up in Tenerife counting down the days until I tackle Golf del Sur....wishing my holiday away :lol:

Edited by hmfc_liam06

I also bought one of these last season, best line I've ever had one a golf ball, totally helped my putting :)  See, I'll buy any old shite!

51wsPxhErQL._SY355_.jpg

Samuel Camazzola

I also bought one of these last season, best line I've ever had one a golf ball, totally helped my putting :) See, I'll buy any old shite!

51wsPxhErQL._SY355_.jpg

Next it'll be the groove sharpener and Nite Hawk ball finder torch. Guess what was in my Christmas stocking...

Nice to see a bag in nice order, I have mates who fire any club in any slot, drives me mad :no:

lol      I sometimes have about 5 clubs in one slot

Had a lesson with Colin Brooks today at the braids.

Left with some clarity and a couple of simple drills / swing thoughts.

Hopefully the big sticks stays a bit more consistent now.

Aye, she went mental :)

Haha no wonder, wtf are you putting balls in a dishwasher for? Not just use a ball washer at the course?

Samuel Camazzola

Haha brilliant.

EZ8eVlA.jpg

Are the Platinum balls like a ProV1 and Tour Black like a ProV1x?

Are the Platinum balls like a ProV1 and Tour Black like a ProV1x?

Yeah mate. That's my understanding.

*** FOR SALE ***

Full set of titleist clubs, Scotty Cameron putter and Vokey wedges, Nike shoes, 2 dozen Nike balls and a titleist carry bag.

Golf - you can F off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samuel Camazzola

Nike balls scattered around Scotland in the deep stuff this coming summer :rofl:

Too right.

I might sign up for the European competition at Longniddry next week and find some of Sten's.

Where does Armageddon play? B)

*** FOR SALE ***

Full set of titleist clubs, Scotty Cameron putter and Vokey wedges, Nike shoes, 2 dozen Nike balls and a titleist carry bag.

:pleasing:

First proper round of the year in today after last week's practice 9. Shot an 88.

Shambolic again on the first hole, topping my drive about 100 yards and starting with a treble bogey before settling down and playing not too shabby overall considering the lack of golf. A few fluffed chips and terrible wood shots made the score worse than it should have been, but otherwise not too bad really. Struck some pretty solid iron shots. Hopefully this means I won't take until the middle of the summer again to get back to the form I was on at the end of last year.

No lost balls which was highly unexpected. :lol:

Edited by Ray Gin

Yeah can't complain really. My driving got back up to speed fairly quickly after a few duff ones at the start of the round, but attempting to hit my 3 wood and hybrid off the deck was disastrous.

I've always been shite at short pitches and chips so that probably wasn't really too out of character tbh. :lol:

Still temped to get a new custom fitted set of clubs, but reckon I should probably get a few more rounds in to refind something resembling a consistent swing first.

*** FOR SALE ***

:rofl:

Oh dear

Out in 43 back in 42. I did finish with a 2, hit my second drive OB which resulted in a double bogey 7. Had a triple bogey 7 elsewhere in a totally disappointing day, didn't strike it well at all.

hmfc_liam06

Played at Golf del Sur today, the South and North courses. 32 degree heat, using hire clubs that were just all wrong for me, had a shocking front 9 so much so that I practically stopped using the irons altogether on the back 9 but I absolutely loved it!

Cracking course and put together some decent holes once I started to get a feel for the grass. +13 front 9 and +6 back 9 for a net 68.

7156d461fd803c40d1ae844425647b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmfc_liam06

Looks glorious :sweeet:

Some cracking holes on it, the 200 yard par 3 2nd the pick of the bunch...

d1f19d8d8c7fe7e0424a2fe74ee51b37.jpg

Greened it...3 putted :sob:

hmfc_liam06

No pictures of your outrageous, garish golf shorts that we can take the piss out of? :seething:

Poor, mate.

Just plain blue shorts I'm afraid.

Samuel Camazzola

Played at Golf del Sur today, the South and North courses. 32 degree heat, using hire clubs that were just all wrong for me, had a shocking front 9 so much so that I practically stopped using the irons altogether on the back 9 but I absolutely loved it!

Cracking course and put together some decent holes once I started to get a feel for the grass. +13 front 9 and +6 back 9 for a net 68.

7156d461fd803c40d1ae844425647b6e.jpg

Looks class.

Are some of the bunkers filled with black sand? Did you play Amarilla?

hmfc_liam06

That's ok.

I assume, looking at that Par3,(lovely hole) you left yourself on the high side putting downhill, maybe?

Landed front right and rolled way up the back right which left a nightmare of a putt. Put it to 3 foot and missed :lol:

hmfc_liam06

Looks class.

Are some of the bunkers filled with black sand? Did you play Amarilla?

All the bunkers are black, and there must be hundreds of them...I hit 8 on the round!

Didn't play Amarilla, just Golf del Sur but will likely play there the next time I'm in Tenerife.

Cyprus Jambo

Much did you pay for a round/clubs Liam - my hotel over looks the course when I head there end of June. Haven't thought about playing it but you never know.

hmfc_liam06

Much did you pay for a round/clubs Liam - my hotel over looks the course when I head there end of June. Haven't thought about playing it but you never know.

It was ?59 for the round and then ?35 for the clubs. I opted for the Titleist, you can also get TM for ?35 or Wilson for ?26. I wish I had opted for the Wilson to be honest as they gave me stiff flex AP2's when I normally use regular flex AP1's (I didn't notice until the 3rd hole as I didn't need an iron until then and I wasn't turning back), you can imagine how appalling my iron play was :lol:

Played in the medal around Gullane No1 yesterday... Shot a 78 and missed 11 putts of 6 foot and under! Couldn't hole a f'n thing.. Really disappointed as I played so well tee to green.. On  2 of the par 5s in 2, hit 3 of the 4 par 3s .. . Still I know I am usually a good putter so it gives me hope for the season.. 

86 for me yesterday, loved being back out and considering I shot 9 over my handicap I'm quite pleased! Tee to green felt nice but 3 or 4 3 putts cost me big time struggled on bumpy greens but knew I would roll on Wednesdays medal.

Played in the medal around Gullane No1 yesterday... Shot a 78 and missed 11 putts of 6 foot and under! Couldn't hole a f'n thing.. Really disappointed as I played so well tee to green.. On 2 of the par 5s in 2, hit 3 of the 4 par 3s .. . Still I know I am usually a good putter so it gives me hope for the season..

Gullane 1 is on my bucket list too ... just sayin'

Samuel Camazzola

Gullane 1 is on my bucket list too ... just sayin'

The jump in price from 2 to 1 isn't really justifiable. 2 is a cracking course (as is 3 even if it is short) and you can get 2 for 1 using the green free vouchers.

hmfc_liam06

Just need one more for a Jambo 4 ball!! We should ask Cathro!!

Can we make this happen??!!

I wouldn't want to embarrass myself playing with you boys :lol:

luckyBatistuta

I'm currently a member at Liberton, but I'm considering switching to Glencorse. Yes I know that it is similar to Liberton as its quite short, but my wife and two boys play as well. Has anyone played there, is it any good. I've looked at the videos on their website and it looks quite a nice wee course. Does the weather have a big impact on the place, as I know it snows for fun up Penicuik way.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread