Siege Mentality

julienbrellier

julienbrellier

We´ve been here before, not quite at the point where our three best players are out long term in a season where we actually have a chance of something incredible, but when the odds have been stacked heavily against us and we have come out the other side due to the togetherness and collective effort of the players and fans.

We need to adopt a siege mentality and get right behind the team from the first minute against Aberdeen and make Tynecastle a cauldron of noise which the players and staff will feed off. We need to adopt exactly the same approach to every other game in October.  I agree with what everyone is saying, this is a massive setback but it isn´t a disaster.

Dikomona I hope can fill Souttars shoes and hopefully forge a good partnership with Jimmy Dunne who has been superb.  Up front I guess it will be Naismith and McLean which should be good enough to see us get the better of most teams in the league.  I think we may well see both Vanecek and Berra available after the winter break in January.

Until then **** the negativity and let´s get right behind whatever team we put on the park.  We´re still top of the league with everything to play for and in the Semi of a winnable cup competition.

HHGH

1 hour ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

McLean, he is our saviour?

Very effective player and did not think we were needing a saviour,normal yearly hiccup plenty backup already at the club.

Can work for a one off match eg after the Ibrox 4 game we beat a very good Celtic side 1-0 at a Tynecastle but there can be no underestimating how big a blow today is on top of the Berra injury. Key players out for that length of time with little cover up front is devastating to the season and nothing will airbrush that. 

You cannot paper over the cracks with the news we've received today. Expect the worst I'm afraid. We carry very little threat without Uche up front.

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

You cannot paper over the cracks with the news we've received today. Expect the worst I'm afraid. We carry very little threat without Uche up front.

Haha thats the spirit :Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Nonsense. We've got the best squad of players I can remember and without underplaying the news we've got more than enough in our locker to match up to anybody in this league.

2 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

We´ve been here before, not quite at the point where our three best players are out long term in a season where we actually have a chance of something incredible, but when the odds have been stacked heavily against us and we have come out the other side due to the togetherness and collective effort of the players and fans.

We need to adopt a siege mentality and get right behind the team from the first minute against Aberdeen and make Tynecastle a cauldron of noise which the players and staff will feed off. We need to adopt exactly the same approach to every other game in October.  I agree with what everyone is saying, this is a massive setback but it isn´t a disaster.

Dikomona I hope can fill Souttars shoes and hopefully forge a good partnership with Jimmy Dunne who has been superb.  Up front I guess it will be Naismith and McLean which should be good enough to see us get the better of most teams in the league.  I think we may well see both Vanecek and Berra available after the winter break in January.

Until then **** the negativity and let´s get right behind whatever team we put on the park.  We´re still top of the league with everything to play for and in the Semi of a winnable cup competition.

HHGH

I wish more people on here shared your enthusiasm. Its a set back no doubt, but no need to get our panties in a twist. This is a great chance for the fringe players to up their game and who knows might surprise us all.

As you said we need to get right behind the team and keep the faith. Its a true shame that to many happy clappers will prefer to sip on their coffee than make a cauldron of noise.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Absolute rubbish , we've got strongest squad we've had for a very long time

23 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolute rubbish , we've got strongest squad we've had for a very long time

We have no replacement for Uche right now. You cannot underestimate how much he opens up defences, creates chances for others, and causes general havoc in the opposition half. This is a major blow, no doubts about it.

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We have no replacement for Uche right now. You cannot underestimate how much he opens up defences, creates chances for others, and causes general havoc in the opposition half. This is a major blow, no doubts about it.

He’s certainly a blow. But we have done without him in several games recently, some of which were arguably our best performances. My main worry is it leaves us with little cover.

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

We won every game without him ??‍♂️

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We've got MacLean, wighton and naismith for upfront positions but a get your point none of them have uche physicality ! But we've still got plenty of options to change system etc

3 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

HHGH

Well said, always better to be positive in my opinion. We’re Heart of Midlothian and we fear no one ?

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We won every game without him ??‍♂️

Except Livingston. ?

We could also have done without him at Ibrox!!!

Anyway, it’s a sickener today no doubt. However, as the OP alludes to, we should be stronger than if this had happened in previous seasons. I’d say the squad overall looks stronger than the squad that went 8 matches without conceding last season.

Bring it on, it’s time for heroes.

3 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Played alright and created plenty when he was out for a few games before.

Blow yes but we will cope

7 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Played alright and created plenty when he was out for a few games before.

Blow yes but we will cope

Exactly so. Time for others to step up to the mark and who knows maybe the management will surprise us with another signing.  The unfortunate thing on here is that the doom and gloom merchants will be out in force again.

6 hours ago, innerjambo said:

You really are the Eeyore of JKB

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

You really are the Eeyore of JKB

Well we're about to find out if I'm overreacting or not, with the next few games. Be sure to come back and remind me, one way or another.

Very good OP.  One of the best.

I'm sure Levein will be concentrating on the defence being rock solid and a player like Demi may have to be sacrificed from time to time.

From the position we find ourselves in I'll happily settle for a string of 1-0 wins through till everyone's back.

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's now a chance for others in the squad to grab the jerseys, it might only be their only opportunity to secure a place in the team They will be fresh and ready to give it there best for the team I'm sure 

We've got a good strong squad with reinforcements in January if necessary 

We will be fine 

Skinny Milinkovic

Both first choice centre backs out is a real scunner, although Dikamona should hopefully be able to do a job with Dunne. I wouldn't say Uche being injured is nearly as disastrous as folk are making out seeing as we already have 2 other decent strikers, plus Vanecek coming in January.  Besides, Haring and Lee are attacking threats themselves, and if Sean Clare is nearly as good as people seem to think then goals could come from him too. All in all, are the injuries disappointing? Of course. Can we deal with them? Absolutely. 

I have said this many times before: I really hope the players don't read anything on here. Yes we have lost 2 important players but to say our season is over, which some on here have suggested, is totally disrespectful to the many players in our squad who have been excellent for us. Let's see how the players respond on Saturday. Hopefully nothing like some of the absolute shite bags on here.

EastSideJambo
8 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nonsense. We've got the best squad of players I can remember and without underplaying the news we've got more than enough in our locker to match up to anybody in this league.

Really? 

The 98 side would beat an assembled 11 from this squad every day of the week and twice on Sunday 

2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Well we're about to find out if I'm overreacting or not, with the next few games. Be sure to come back and remind me, one way or another.

I'm not saying you're overreacting. I'm saying when I read your posts I read them in this voice. Your a glass half empty kinda guy. Image result for eeyore images

Bridge of Djoum
35 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Really? 

The 98 side would beat an assembled 11 from this squad every day of the week and twice on Sunday 

Maybe he doesn't remember that 98 side, or, you know, he just has a different opinion.

i wish jj was my dad
On 18/10/2018 at 23:06, EastSideJambo said:

Really? 

Our squad is the best I can remember. I never said we had our best xi. Go and spread your doom on sisterhumping.net

The exceptional work done by Levein and Co in building a squad with enough quality and strength to prepare for the worst (which is pretty much what we have just witnessed) is not to be ignored. Uche is a miss but we just need to adapt and in actual fact we may be forced to play a bit more football without Uche and we now HAVE a the players to do that in Mitchell, Djoum, Lee, Naismith and McLean. I’m hoping we will be just fine. No better test than today. Bring it on! 

EastSideJambo
5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Our squad is the best I can remember. I never said we had our best xi. Go and spread your doom on sisterhumping.net

****ing grow up man 

With Clare and Cochrane coming in following injury, Djoum coming onto a game and the depth of our squad I do feel we can get a bit of momentum. 

The down side is that the quality of Berra and Souttar missing may be too much for us to truly challenge