Tears snotters and refusal to back the club

@VladMagic

Bridge of Djoum
Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
Yes they do have to pay it all back. FOH was set up for the sole purpose of buying their club. There's been a few deflections from that ambition along the way.

It's not how much cash you have, it's what you do with it......

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

That's what I thought and it's good to know that they remain in our shadow fiscally.

ZERO excuse for Hibees not to contribute to HSL though - as long as they are contributing more than we are they will inevitably be catching up (and we don't want that).

Bridge of Djoum

Hearts fans had no option than to contribute to FOH as their club would have been liquidated. It was quite clear at the time that the only realistic prospect was Budge and she wanted repaid. Ian Murray MP actually says he went home one night and cried as he thought the club was gone. 

I am sure if we ever found ourselves in such a situation that every supprrrer would donate every spare penny they could.

We don’t have that desperation and that’s why fans aren’t jumping on the bandwagon as much.

I like the post about going round 16,000 fans each game with a bucket for donations.

That reminds me of going through to parkhead and seeing guys with the bucket asking for money for the cause.

Small club, run down stadium,  bank defaulters,  small supporter donations.

Didn't we all know that.

I did.

Captain Sausage

Forever in our shadow. 

The heart and soul of Edinburgh. 

Establishment club. 

The natural order. 

BangkokHearts
3 hours ago, dsk1210 said:

I like the post about going round 16,000 fans each game with a bucket for donations.

That reminds me of going through to parkhead and seeing guys with the bucket asking for money for the cause.

The money would end up at Parkhead anyway, to pay for their next loanee/manager/tea lady etc. 

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:
Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
Yes they do have to pay it all back. FOH was set up for the sole purpose of buying their club. There's been a few deflections from that ambition along the way.

It's not how much cash you have, it's what you do with it......

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

That's what I thought and it's good to know that they remain in our shadow fiscally.

ZERO excuse for Hibees not to contribute to HSL though - as long as they are contributing more than we are they will inevitably be catching up (and we don't want that).

“ ... a few deflections along the way... “

Yes, those pesky deflections of building a squad that skooshed the Championship, leaving them biting and scratching in the dirt with the Huns. Or that handsome big money making stand of ours. Grrrrr... those bloody deflections.

”we’re goin’ doon Stotty!”

(Yes. Yes you are.)

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

“ ... a few deflections along the way... “

Yes, those pesky deflections of building a squad that skooshed the Championship, leaving them biting and scratching in the dirt with the Huns. Or that handsome big money making stand of ours. Grrrrr... those bloody deflections.

”we’re goin’ doon Stotty!”

(Yes. Yes you are.)

''Remain in our shadow financially''.

Record levels of delusion.

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Bostonvermin doth protest too much, methinks.

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just about pissed myself when i read that.. Their turnover is much smaller, they have more debt.. And thats before you get to FOH v HSL :rofl:

I was surprised how low their turnover was given the attendances they claimed last season. Kind of gives some credibility to the argument they are counting the freebies handed out even when unused. That of course and their own fans happy to rip off concession tickets 

I am prepared to be corrected here but is the use of Capital for working capital purposes not frowned upon by

Accountants.  Certainly used to be but I have been retired a while.

I liked the bits where the official HSL representative was desperate to use FoH as what they aspire to, but he couldn’t bring himself to actually come out and say it. 

The boy who doesn’t realise we will be fan owned and debt free, with a much higher turnover in a little over year’s time was great entertainment too.

Best of all though, was the admission from Mr HSL, that they believed FoH would eventually tail off, and that they were surprised 97% of us are still merrily paying in. That was what they were banking on, us all deciding “**** it, I can’t afford this anymore”. ?

The situation they face now is an unenviable one. They have spent so long pointing and laughing at FoH and giving it the “begging bowl” and “cash cow” chat, they have backed themselves in to corner. Never mind chaps... “bake sale”? :rofl:

“we’re goin’ doon Stotty”

I find really amusing their infactuation with "mysterious benefactors".

I wonder where they would be without their "benefactor" ?

...a bit disco

They receive "newly issued shares" then?

Diluted and devalued. Dave King would be proud.

EastSideJambo
5 hours ago, dsk1210 said:

This was a common occurrence 

White buckets circulating around pubs in Irish areas of Luton were common too 

The Old Tolbooth
5 hours ago, Paolo said:

How many times now, have they bumped off creditors?   More than once, anyway. 

Well, you have the 1800's when they went bust and reformed, then you have the early 1990's when they really should have went bust and bumped their creditors then too, and then you had recently when they bumped the bank (and these are just the ones I know about).

None of them will ever admit to this though, it's almost as if they've lived their entire history squeaky clean with zero debt, zero folk bumped, always having money in the bank, they hate hearing the truth. They even try to claim that every single penny they owed to people in the early 90's was paid back by Farmer as well, when I know damn fine it wasn't as my cousin is still waiting payment from them for work he done which almost put him out of business. 

Shysters! 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

37 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Well, you have the 1800's when they went bust and reformed, then you have the early 1990's when they really should have went bust and bumped their creditors then too, and then you had recently when they bumped the bank (and these are just the ones I know about).

None of them will ever admit to this though, it's almost as if they've lived their entire history squeaky clean with zero debt, zero folk bumped, always having money in the bank, they hate hearing the truth. They even try to claim that every single penny they owed to people in the early 90's was paid back by Farmer as well, when I know damn fine it wasn't as my cousin is still waiting payment from them for work he done which almost put him out of business. 

Shysters! 

Delusion from flair football , deluded that they think they get bigger crowds than us, deluded that they are as big as Hearts.

just on a different planet.

They will never support their club like FOH has, no where near it.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Delusion from flair football , deluded that they think they get bigger crowds than us, deluded that they are as big as Hearts.

Delusion is a word designed for the inbreeds, Harold.

Wait ‘til we thump them on Halloween with only half our regular choice team.

:fth:

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

If it wasn't for Wallace Mercer, that lot would already be dead and buried, none of them were taking an interest in saving their poxy little club until King Wallace tried to take them over, which then ignited a small bit of passion in them, they would quite happily have let their tinpot outfit die back then without so much as a whimper, if only Mercer had just not done anything at all, or followed through with his plans...

15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Delusion is a word designed for the inbreeds, Harold.

Wait ‘til we thump them on Halloween with only half our regular choice team.

:fth:

We will my friend.

...a bit disco
4 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

This was a common occurrence 

White buckets circulating around pubs in Irish areas of Luton were common too 

Saw a few in Hornsey of a Friday evening too.

4p a share they buy at , can’t we just do what Mercer was going to do and see the fun really begin ? 

7 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Forever in our shadow. 

The heart and soul of Edinburgh. 

Establishment club. 

The natural order. 

I hate the term "Establishment club" - it is so Rangers...

letsmakesomenoise
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I love using it when talking to Hibs fans, it really, really, really pisses them off.  Which just makes me use it all the more.  They were nearly frothing when I pointed out the Queens Roller was maroon when she pitched up to Eugenies wedding.  Little things ?

Boston lives in a caravan you know.  Nothing wrong with that.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  Just one of these things.

Dont know if he's ever seen the cabbages in the flesh and not a contributor to HSL I'm afraid.

28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Boston lives in a caravan you know.  Nothing wrong with that.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  Just one of these things.

Dont know if he's ever seen the cabbages in the flesh and not a contributor to HSL I'm afraid.

He’s one of my favourites on there. Definitely one of the more bitter variety of Hib available on the market. One can only imagine the but-hurt he has received from our great club over the years. 

:pleasing:

Captain Sausage
5 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I love using it when talking to Hibs fans, it really, really, really pisses them off.  Which just makes me use it all the more.  They were nearly frothing when I pointed out the Queens Roller was maroon when she pitched up to Eugenies wedding.  Little things ?

This. All a bit of banter and I do enjoy winding my hibs mates up about it.

5 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

That's a beauty.

Footballfirst

I don't think many Hibs supporters are really aware of how STF and Petrie set up this scheme and the increasing difficulties that HSL will have in achieving their goal of a majority shareholding in the hands of the "fans".

When the scheme started STF/Petrie owned 98% of the 62,500,000 shares issued with "fans" owning the other 2%. The intention was to issue new shares at 4p a share until the total number of shares was doubled to 125,000,000.  That would take £2.5m.  STF/Petrie would then own the same number of shares but would be diluted to 49%, with the "fans" collectively owning 51%

When the scheme started the first 1% bought by HSL required them to buy 625,000 shares at a cost of £25,000. However, as the total number of shares in issue goes up (they currently have 98.605,000 issued) so does the cost of the next 1% to HSL, as they now have to buy 986,000 new shares at a cost of £39,440.  The final 1% will require them to buy around 1,250,000 shares at a cost of £50,000. Basically it costs HSL more for every 1% they acquire.

The last share issue, notified to Companies House last week, covered the three month period between the end of June and the end of September. 755,000 new shares were issued raising £30,200, so HSL has raised an average of approximately £10,000 a month over the last three months.

Even when the "fans" achieve nominal control of the club with 51%, they won't be able to exercise that control.  In any vote the STF/Petrie block of 49% would be voted as one. In order to defeat that block, then it would require HSL and ALL the other small shareholders to vote, and to vote in the same way in order to win such a vote. That's a virtual impossibility.  

I know FOH's governance has its weaknesses, but they are nothing compared to what HSL and other Hibs fan shareholders will face once they have the majority shareholding over STF/Petrie.

Edited by Footballfirst

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Even when the "fans" achieve nominal control of the club with 51%, they won't be able to exercise that control.  In any vote the STF/Petrie block of 49% would be voted as one. In order to defeat that block, then it would require HSL and ALL the other small shareholders to vote, and to vote in the same way in order to win such a vote. That's a virtual impossibility.  

These other small shareholders. They are ‘friends’ of Tom and Rod, aren’t they? Meaning no matter how many new shares HSL buy, they will never have a working majority. 

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

These other small shareholders. They are ‘friends’ of Tom and Rod, aren’t they? Meaning no matter how many new shares HSL buy, they will never have a working majority. 

I am sure that some are.  There are 18 "nominee" or "investment" companies that have bought shares, outside HSL, in the last three years and currently hold around 12.5% of the club's shares between them. It doesn't take a huge leap to believe that some STF/Petrie sympathisers are among the nameless beneficial owners of those shares.

Bass Rock Investments
Edinburgh Investments
Hilton Park Nominees
Leith Walk Nominees
Redwood Nominees
Water of Leith Nominees
Almond Investments
Duddingston Nominees
East Lothian Nominees
Forth Bridge Investments
North Berwick Investments
Wellington Nominees
Arthur Seat Nominees
First Choice Nominees
Scotland Street Nominees
London Nominees
Turnstile Investments
Value Investments

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I am sure that some are.  I think that there are 18 "nominee" or "investment" companies that have bought shares, outside HSL, in the last three years and currently hold around 12.5% of the club's shares between them. It doesn't take a huge leap to believe that some STF/Petrie sympathisers are among the nameless beneficial owners of those shares.

They absolutely are. It is a total scam. :rofl:

Shame most of the Hibs support recognise this though. It would be much funnier if they were chucking cash at this scheme. 

Footballfirst
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Shame most of the Hibs support recognise this though. It would be much funnier if they were chucking cash at this scheme. 

I've edited the post above with a list of the nominee/investment companies.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've edited the post above with a list of the nominee/investment companies.

Some really authentic and original sounding company names in there:

Bass Rock Investments
Edinburgh Investments
Hilton Park Nominees
Leith Walk Nominees
Redwood Nominees
Water of Leith Nominees
Almond Investments
Duddingston Nominees
East Lothian Nominees
Forth Bridge Investments
Wellington Nominees
Arthur Seat Nominees
First Choice Nominees
Scotland Street Nominees
London Nominees
Turnstile Investments
Value Investments

Definitely nothing suspicious there whatsoever. No Grayfriers Bobby or Hollyrood Nominees?  :rofl:

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Some really authentic and original sounding company names in there:

Bass Rock Investments
Edinburgh Investments
Hilton Park Nominees
Leith Walk Nominees
Redwood Nominees
Water of Leith Nominees
Almond Investments
Duddingston Nominees
East Lothian Nominees
Forth Bridge Investments
Wellington Nominees
Arthur Seat Nominees
First Choice Nominees
Scotland Street Nominees
London Nominees
Turnstile Investments
Value Investments

Definitely nothing suspicious there whatsoever. No Grayfriers Bobby or Hollyrood Nominees?  :rofl:

Throw in a Balerno Village Trust Investments and you've got yourself a right royal flush.

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Throw in a Balerno Village Trust Investments and you've got yourself a right royal flush.

You mean ‘Bavelaw Burn Nominees’ surely? Seeing as Tom and Rod have named every other body of water in the Edinburgh and Lothians area when trying to come up with names for companies. :rofl:

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

14 hours ago, jambosdad said:

I am prepared to be corrected here but is the use of Capital for working capital purposes not frowned upon by

Accountants.  Certainly used to be but I have been retired a while.

I frown more about the use of 'are' instead of 'our'.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 hours ago, Spellczech said:

hearts are an establishment club - don't let any perceived similarity to rangers spoil it for you ?

So in theory it would take us just over 1 and a half years to own 51% of hibs shares?

Just for a laugh I would love to see that, then strip the club to the bones, sign players on £10,000 a week for hibs then loan them to us paying £3,000 of the wage. :D

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Did they chuck cash at this scheme?  Can't seem to find any updates........