Big headphones - the symbol of douchebaggery

i8hibsh

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

The originators 

Screenshot_20181018-194218_Chrome.thumb.jpg.500a37db8c629eb15c187061c5dc5841.jpg

They still have them. 

Let me rephrase that. Had them!

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bridge of Djoum

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Dubliners

Caused a lot of confusion when they arrived in America. Five guys with beards but wearing suits. That didn't happen in America. You were either clean shaven in a suit or a tramp with a beard. Not both. 

True rock and roll stars. 

Don’t have particularly strong views on the matter either way, but douchbaggery may not be the sole underlying reason for such behaviour - for example I have a friend who is deaf so wears big headphones so that car drivers are a bit more wary in the knowledge she won’t be able to hear them approach.

1 hour ago, everton_jambo said:

Don’t have particularly strong views on the matter either way, but douchbaggery may not be the sole underlying reason for such behaviour - for example I have a friend who is deaf so wears big headphones so that car drivers are a bit more wary in the knowledge she won’t be able to hear them approach.

Och man, clearly no issue there and sad stuff like this not even in the thought process of what was intented as a lighthearted fun thread.

The irony of i8 calling folk snowflakes, while getting worked up over people wearing large earphones is not lost on some people, I see. 

On 17/10/2018 at 13:36, AlimOzturk said:

I wear beats headphones whilst walking around due to problems with my ears and wearing in ear headphones makes my ears hurt. 

Is this acceptable to you I8? 

Do they have to be beats headphones?

Surely a cheaper, less obviously “statement”, brand would do the job. 

On 17/10/2018 at 15:09, trotter said:

Nothing wrong with a decent set of over-ears - especially if they are noise-cancelling. I spend far too much time on planes so got these, and they are a godsend. I'm biased of course, but I think they look pretty retro and cool. 

pio.jpg

They would match your Alan Partridge-esque driving gloves. 

A Boy Named Crow

Somebody feels entitled to rant about the harmless life choices of others, choices he finds irritating which he feels lower the standing of these individuals in society, yet has the temerity to use a word like “douchebaggery”. Well I never!

On 17/10/2018 at 12:34, i8hibsh said:

:facepalm:

Please, please stop and look in the mirror and observe a douchebag.

Are millennials now competing to see who has the biggest one?  The competition over whose jeans stop the blood circulation the most has obviously now been won.

What a truly desperate generation

Utterly chronic

I wear over-ear headphones so I don't have to listen to whingers like you moaning about my choice of headphones. I do have a problem with older guys (say 30+) wearing 'carrot' jeans and sporting those awful 'broccoli head' haircuts.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do they have to be beats headphones?

Surely a cheaper, less obviously “statement”, brand would do the job. 

Sure, probably. 

However i got them from my brother for nothing who upgraded and they sound good and I don't really give a feck about fashion and how people think I look. Don't really understand what "statement" a set of headphones are meant to send out.  People in the late 80's early 90s ran around with big head phones all time. 

So I'll stick with them until they pack in and then do as you suggested. Not for fashion purposes but for  practical reasons. 

Fwiw it isn't they big massive beat headphones but rather the smaller ones. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

4 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

What a clever idea. Like it!

Shure SE315s for me. In-ear and noise cancelling - perfect for me. Have some AKG over ears for the house and travel but I tend to just use the Shure’s most of the time. Some cheap Jabra Bluetooth over ears too but the cables don’t bother me so I never really use them.

Not really sure that headphones are worth getting that worked up about. Apart from folk that use the ones they get with their phones - but then I assume they either use them for calls or don’t like music. And they’re at least better than those twats that play music on their phones on public transport. Which is another reason for wearing noise cancelling headphones!

For me there is nothing wrong with a good pair of ? headphones for listening to music, I have a good pair of Sonys that I love. 

But how the Op can get worked up about that whole there are ar5eholes walking about in jeans so tight they can only be classed as "sperm stranglers" that are turned up, while they wear trainer socks and brogues.......half the country looks like they are trying to get into a boyband. 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Sure, probably. 

However i got them from my brother for nothing who upgraded and they sound good and I don't really give a feck about fashion and how people think I look. Don't really understand what "statement" a set of headphones are meant to send out.  People in the late 80's early 90s ran around with big head phones all time. 

So I'll stick with them until they pack in and then do as you suggested. Not for fashion purposes but for  practical reasons. 

Fwiw it isn't they big massive beat headphones but rather the smaller ones. 

Fair point :thumb:

3 hours ago, Rousset1 said:

I wear over-ear headphones so I don't have to listen to whingers like you moaning about my choice of headphones. I do have a problem with older guys (say 30+) wearing 'carrot' jeans and sporting those awful 'broccoli head' haircuts.

:lol: What the Hell are ‘carrot’ jeans and wtf is a ‘broccoli head’ haircut? :qqb010:

Samuel Camazzola
12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: What the Hell are ‘carrot’ jeans and wtf is a ‘broccoli head’ haircut? :qqb010:

They'll be a cut of jean where they are designed for the shape of (most) women - narrowing to a taper at the ankle. A lot of the yoof of today seem to think they look smert. Distinguished gents like ourselves would fail to carry the look. :walkman:

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

They'll be a cut of jean where they are designed for the shape of (most) women - narrowing to a taper at the ankle. A lot of the yoof of today seem to think they look smert. Distinguished gents like ourselves would fail to carry the look. :walkman:

:biggrin:

Oh, I see!

You obviously have never heard of a ‘broccoli head’ haircut either though?

I’m guessing it’s where ones hair is bunched up high on the head, but I’m probably way off the mark here :) 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

:biggrin:

Oh, I see!

You obviously have never heard of a ‘broccoli head’ haircut either though?

I’m guessing it’s where ones hair is bunched up high on the head, but I’m probably way off the mark here :) 

Here you go Morgan,always happy to help.

image.jpeg.c4e199d68f0d5fca538f8943743df0fb.jpeg

?

All the "meet me at mcdonalds" haircut, excruciatingly tight jeans and extremely po faced teenagers (and twenty somethings) look like a shite Mary Chain tribute act crossed with the Human League 

download.jpeg

Edited by Bozi

49 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Thank feck I'm follically challenged when you check out the the Nick of that.

Reckon he gets a couple of eggs every morning out of that:rofl:

Seymour M Hersh

Are millennials now competing to see who has the biggest one?  The competition over whose jeans stop the blood circulation the most has obviously now been won.

Utterly chronic

200w.gif

14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Och man, clearly no issue there and sad stuff like this not even in the thought process of what was intented as a lighthearted fun thread.

Yeah I know - no issue with the thread, just thought it was quite a smart idea ?

Hands up i got a pair of Beats with my phone upgrade 2 years ago and i thought they were shit.

Preferred my in ear buds and i could never see myself walking about wearing them outside.

What a fool i was.

Music sounds so much better and i couldn't give a flying what i look like as i am digging my tunes and i can't hear the bitter snipes of the i8's as i waltz down the street knowing this is what they wanted me to hear rather than a tinny noise and compressed ear wax and itchy ears.

Utterly chronic

It's what happens if Mickey Mouse took steroids.

Would love to sit on the pish with i8, I honestly think it would be a scream.

We would have mental arguments, too. 

Either that, he would bore the tits off me and I would smack his jaw every so often :lol:

Great poster...seriously

After reading this thread, I have it on good authority that Noddy, has just changed his Christmas shopping list for  friends and family. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

After reading this thread, I have it on good authority that Noddy, has just changed his Christmas shopping list for  friends and family. 

Is he buying an i8 watch for Mickey Mouse?

I was at the gym this morning and noticed for the first time the amount of people that wear them. Not calling them douchebags, I just think They would be uncomfy once you start sweating.

Amazing how I've never noticed them before until reading this angrily started thread.

Fwiw, I wear over ear jobs when travelling as the noise cancelling is a godsend, bugbear my in ear jobs at the gym, when walking etc. Suppose that makes me a part time douchebag. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I got a noise cancelling Bluetooth ones couple years back, haven’t looked back. 

in ear buds just wont do the job, I know you can get noise cancelling/Bluetooth ones but have tried and just not the same. I travel a lot and like to enjoy music/videos on the plane without the engine noise/screaming weans/regular announcements about duty free ruining it (disclaimer: I of course take earphones off for the safety demonstration, people who don’t pay attention to that can GTF).

Also good for the gym to listen to my own tunes and not whatever the gym are playing, (and although a slight conflation with Bluetooth, without the wires is much more easier your phone/the wires aren’t in the way when working out).  

Often stick them on at work to cancel

out the background noise in open plan area. 

Agree about people wearing them them as a fashion statement, often around their neck, like what’s the point, I only have them on if listening.