• i8hibsh

• Bridge of Djoum

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

Just now, Dr. Bapswent said:

Not sure I'd say people from the 60's were the originators of facial hair

maxresdefault.jpg

Touché

To take music for example (which I guess is a good indicator for pop culture and modern/youth trends) then up to the Beatles it was so rare to see any guy that was not clean shaven.  I watch a  lot of old black and white videos and almost to a man they never sported facial hair.  The ‘clean cut’ image was just how it was.

Nowadays, the ‘look at me I can grow facial hair’ look is so passé – it is bordering on labored.  Millennials just try too hard imo.

been here before

Whilst I sort of agree with the sentiment of the OP I find that its more generally the case that using the word douchebag (or baggery) is a symbol of an out and out bawbag.

I think this instance more than illustrates that.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have very expensive Bose headphones and they are brilliant. Mind you I am 61 so never wear them outside. Not because I would look like a prize fud, but because some nyaff may try and half inch them. Then they would have the Jonno DMs in the niagras to deal will.

Buds are shite and hurt my Billy Joe's so don't wear them.

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Bose for me too jonno, great headphones.

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

:spoton: the best.

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Bose things are all great.

Is Bose paying i8hibsh to start threads where other posters can talk up their product?

I think we need to be told.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Is Bose paying i8hibsh to start threads where other posters can talk up their product?

I think we need to be told.

:sadrobbo: Looking too deep into things, Red. :levein2:

Just now, redjambo said:

Proof indeed. Company shill! ;)

Morgan changing his avatar to a Bose Bluetooth revelation.  :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Morgan changing his avatar to a Bose Bluetooth revelation.  :biggrin:

Oh God no, what have I started?!

shock-faced.jpg

Bridge of Djoum

i'm proud of and love my Bose soundlink noise cancelling phones. 

i8, it must be utterly exhausting being you. Literally looking for things to annoy you, and then railing against people with legitimate concerns and issues.

Go smell the flowers, man.

Oh God no, what have I started?!

shock-faced.jpg

You've started something real big Red.

Watch this space :biggrin:

shock-faced.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

i8, it must be utterly exhausting being you. Literally looking for things to annoy you, and then railing against people with legitimate concerns and issues.

He would undoubtedly then start a thread complaining that flowers don't smell as good as they used to, and in fact smell so badly now that they affront his senses. And don't get him started on the colours!

Bridge of Djoum

He would undoubtedly then start a thread complaining that flowers don't smell as good as they used to, and in fact smell so badly now that they affront his senses. And don't get him started on the colours!

Those bloody foreign flowers, too. Coming over here, taking our flower beds.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Another poster supporting the Bose cause. They are expensive but their noise cancelling ability and sound imo is second to none.

If you fly a lot and don’t invest in a pair of nose noise cancelleing  (or similar quality) your the sort person i8 should be faux seething about!

Quite frankly, if you love music and don't buy Bose, you're a demented deviant.

Same as Alim, I can't wear in ear.

I love my noise cancelling, over ear Bose headphones. Means I don't hear folk like i8 on my daily commute.

20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Funny you say that, that was to be my next thread I started.

7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Same as Alim, I can't wear in ear.

I love my noise cancelling, over ear Bose headphones. Means I don't hear folk like i8 on my daily commute.

I would never travel public transport to work

:smugger:

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I have never had a pair of beats over my ears. Are they that bad? 

i recently watched the defiant ones on Netflix which has a fair bit about beats came into existence and where from. I’ll be honest I assumed dre and Levine would have a great ear for sound. 

I get there is a huge fashion element but just assumed the sound would be decent particulary considering price and apples involvement.

That is exactly what they are, a fashion brand, aimed at younger people and their parents pockets. The sound quality is tinny, the fit ain't great and the price is mental. Ear candy. Nothing more than ear candy.

Dre played a blinder with the Apple link up. They paid for the popularity rather than the quality. 

Sakes, Technics, which are a decent to average brand have better sound quality than Beats. 

Once you've put your favorite song on at full blast on your Bose and marveled just in  the base quality, you should be handing over your money at that point.

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Beats are great headphones...

:rofl:

:4_1_72:

:gok:

No, honestly.

Can’t believe the price of them, for what they are. They’re just a fashion statement, but a poor one.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Can’t believe the price of them, for what they are. They’re just a fashion statement, but a poor one.

Lucky gets it.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's Bose or :bolt:

I haven't tried Bolt - I'll give them a go. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bridge of Djoum

You'd better get in quick...

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You'd better get in quick...

Both deserve a :oohmatron:

I've heard great things about Bose products, but when it comes to audio stuff (home, DJ, car, headphones) my first choice is and always has been Pioneer. I've never had any quality issues with anything I've bought. I will readily admit that there are 'better' products on the market, but if you compare those of similar cost, the Pioneer kit is generally better in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Theyre pish imo. Not comfortable, questionable noise cancelling and poor sound and even more expensive than Bose or the like. 

Each to their own though.

****ing deviant ?

You got a pair BJ?

I love them man, once they are set up properly and you have the bass dialed into what suits you there is no other headphone I have had that comes close to the sound quality and I have spent a fair whack over the years.

over ear ones ftw. More comfy, no fiddling about with tangled cable, and much harder to lose. They are the best option for sound recording at home, so usually close to hand - though I'll get round to buying proper decent ones at some point. 

Don't dislike the in ear ones, other than the converse of the above, and will use them when it's more practical but I'd prefer over ear 90% of the time.

Honestly never worried about what weird fashionistas thought of my attire. Hey, young dudes, wear what you want and don't conform to hive mentalities

Edited by Dia Liom

Another for Team Bose!

Apart from the excellent sound and amazing noise cancelling, I still smile every time I turn them on and the wee woman inside them says "connecting to Gorgie Rules" :D

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I have a pair sitting in cupboard, at home, and never use.

Each to their own as I say but not comfortable, noise cancelling poor and sounds not for me. Though sound is a personal preference I guess.

Genuinely surprised you even think they are close to Bose. 

I currently using 3 pairs of headphones. Bose qc  25 for flying, (probably should upgrade) qc 20 if I have to catch public transport, which is rare, (mainly so I don’t look like someone i8 hates) and AirPods for the stupid amount of time on phone calls. 

You like them fair play,  for me one of the worst headphones experienced, in terms of value for money, 

I’m not having a pop just thing they’re poor quality for cost.

Nah it's cool man we all have our preferences, I never really need noise cancelling.

They are certainly not headphones for jogging :)

Might have somebody interested in buying them from you if the price is right. ;)

Ps. Have you tried them since the firmware update with the social mode and active noise cancelling? Social mode is a god send, activates stereo sound from the outside of the headphones using the 6 in ear nice which allows you to speak to people at any time with the headphones still on.

Edited by dsk1210

AlphonseCapone
10 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Millennial is another of those words I only see online used by weirdos. 

Spot on. That and snowflake. 

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Skinny jeans with no socks and pumps on their feet looked good here. 

36 years ago.

Back then it was kinda original

a.jpg

I disagree, it looks horrific there and it looks horrific now. 

Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

To me it is almost like someone posting on the internet is making sure that everyone around them knows that they are a  'really attention seeking , man'

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I have the big over-ear bluetooth noise cancelling ones for my frequent long haul flying and when I need a bit of peace and quiet on noisy seismic boats, and a set of the wee in-ear sportlink ones for running and the gym.  They have enriched my life immensely.

They also enrich my neighbours lives when I get home in the early hours and want to blast some pounding house music without waking up half of the street.

I think i8 really needs his hole.

Like, REALLY needs his hole.

Possibly with a real live woman.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I have the big over-ear bluetooth noise cancelling ones for my frequent long haul flying and when I need a bit of peace and quiet on noisy seismic boats, and a set of the wee in-ear sportlink ones for running and the gym.  They have enriched my life immensely.

They also enrich my neighbours lives when I get home in the early hours and want to blast some pounding house music without waking up half of the street.

I think i8 really needs his hole.

Like, REALLY needs his hole.

Possibly with a real live woman.

God, that poor woman.

Re Bose, one thing I've found with my QC35's is that the range is abysmal - I'd have expected more for the price.

PS, I hope i8 clocked me on the way to work today. Some pre-work seethe for the boy.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Re Bose, one thing I've found with my QC35's is that the range is abysmal - I'd have expected more for the price.

What device/app are you using for your music?

I've found the range on the qc35's outstanding. 

Dat bass...

:sweeet:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What device/app are you using for your music?

I've found the range on the qc35's outstanding. 

Dat bass...

:sweeet:

Happens with both my Macbook Pro and Samsung Galaxy S8. We have a glass walled room in the office, if I go in there I lose signal...it's barely 20ft away! In the house, If I go upstairs it cuts out, it's solid brick though so I'd forgive them for that.

I have a set of Plantronics in the house as well, for £100 they out-perform the Bose in almost every way. It's just a pity they're too clunky for travel.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Happens with both my Macbook Pro and Samsung Galaxy S8. We have a glass walled room in the office, if I go in there I lose signal...it's barely 20ft away! In the house, If I go upstairs it cuts out, it's solid brick though so I'd forgive them for that.

I have a set of Plantronics in the house as well, for £100 they out-perform the Bose in almost every way. It's just a pity they're too clunky for travel.

Ah ok, I get you, I thought you were on about audio range. :lol:

I usually have my phone handy so haven't really noticed too much 

Having seen this thread in the morning, I Saw some young lass on the tube yesterday with big pink fluffy headphones. Dearie dear! Just another ridiculous passing fad. We’ve had loads before and loads more will follow. High waisted pants and low hanging jeans anyone ?

Samuel Camazzola
21 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I also ****ing hate how these English Premier League footballer's come off their team bus wearing them.  Sums it upfor me.

A lot of them will be sponsored to promote them so the guy in the street you've noticed goes out and buys them. 

Samuel Camazzola
18 hours ago, The Brow said:

Large headphones, ripped jeans, beanies.

Its almost as if this thread is solely populated by middle aged moaners......

Cheer up lads eh, you might even crack a smile once in a while. 

Craiiiiiigg Daaaavviiiddd! 

Bridge of Djoum
16 hours ago, redjambo said:

They are good for listening to Gerry Cinnamon.

10 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A lot of them will be sponsored to promote them so the guy in the street you've noticed goes out and buys them. 

Its also every sportsman on the planet, not just the Premiership footballers. 

i8's petted lip must be hitting the top of his bootcut jeans from Burtons...... ;) 

I've got a big pair of Bang & Olufsen wireless headphones. Sound is amazing. Legs are too far for skinny jeans, and don't have a beanie. Sounds like I need to invest in both though ? 

Салатные палочки
On 17/10/2018 at 17:09, i8hibsh said:

Touché

To take music for example (which I guess is a good indicator for pop culture and modern/youth trends) then up to the Beatles it was so rare to see any guy that was not clean shaven.  I watch a  lot of old black and white videos and almost to a man they never sported facial hair.  The ‘clean cut’ image was just how it was.

Nowadays, the ‘look at me I can grow facial hair’ look is so passé – it is bordering on labored.  Millennials just try too hard imo.

The originators 

Screenshot_20181018-194218_Chrome.thumb.jpg.500a37db8c629eb15c187061c5dc5841.jpg

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Read the post title and didn’t bother reading a single post. 

The OP has nailed it again. 

:rofl:

Headphones are good for the gym as  they stay on and are more comfortable compared to those earphone hings.(You shouldn't be sticking anything smaller than your elbows in your ears) And are  effectively a 'do not disturb' sign. 

Edited by ri Alban