Big headphones - the symbol of douchebaggery

i8hibsh

:facepalm:

Please, please stop and look in the mirror and observe a douchebag.

Are millennials now competing to see who has the biggest one?  The competition over whose jeans stop the blood circulation the most has obviously now been won.

What a truly desperate generation

Utterly chronic

Edited by i8hibsh

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bridge of Djoum

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

Can you just not let people be to express themselves how they wish, i8hibsh? No-one is hurting anyone else (apart from you, it seems, for some unknown reason) by deciding to wear large headphones.

Are you really that intolerant of other people?

Half of the behaviour attributed to 'Millenials' is not something I recognise from actual Millenials. More like those who belong to 'Generation Z'.

Just now, redjambo said:

Can you just not let people be to express themselves how they wish, i8hibsh? No-one is hurting anyone else (apart from you, it seems, for some unknown reason) by deciding to wear large headphones.

Are you really that intolerant of other people?

I do.  I don't stop them or harm them.

I am expressing myself by saying how ridiculous I think they are and am opening the floor for debate and discussion.  

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Half of the behaviour attributed to 'Millenials' is not something I recognise from actual Millenials. More like those who belong to 'Generation Z'.

Yeah probably, although I (and many other) disagree with the definition inn the dictionary - I think they have it wrong.  1983 > is a nonsense.  I don't see someone who is 35 as one.  To me it is 90 >.  Someone not far off being a teenager when 2000 kicked in.

I just wonder why people want to walk around with big headphones to listen to music/radio etc?  They aren't portable, won't fit into your pockets, and are a pain in the arse to carry - plus the fact you look a complete dick wearing them in public.

I understand people wearing them while working at a computer or non-portable media device - that is the correct use for them.

Edited by frankblack

I also ****ing hate how these English Premier League footballer's come off their team bus wearing them.  Sums it upfor me.

Ear buds or gtf. 

I'm 23, so I like to think some people in this generation are trying to be part of the solution rather than the problem

2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Ear buds or gtf. 

I'm 23, so I like to think some people in this generation are trying to be part of the solution rather than the problem

Refreshing.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

It's look at me nonsense. They think they look vopl. The fact they probably got them free when they got some shite iPhone contract seems to pass them by. 

I’m with führer i8 on this one.

Folk walking around like theyre mixing a feckin studio album. :facepalm:

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Some arsehole at work is sat at his desk wearing them and just five minutes ago he asked me to open another member of staff’s parcel from Amazon that had arrived because she had ordered something for him. 

The eejit also walks round on his toes and that annoys me. 

I wear beats headphones whilst walking around due to problems with my ears and wearing in ear headphones makes my ears hurt. 

Is this acceptable to you I8? 

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Some arsehole at work is sat at his desk wearing them and just five minutes ago he asked me to open another member of staff’s parcel from Amazon that had arrived because she had ordered something for him. 

The eejit also walks round on his toes and that annoys me. 

Do you work in a theatre  ?

luckyBatistuta

In ear for me, do think they look a bit stupid with these giant headphones on, but if I was a lot younger, I’d probably be walking around looking stupid with giant headphones on.

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I wear beats headphones whilst walking around due to problems with my ears and wearing in ear headphones makes my ears hurt. 

Over ear headphones are better sound quality usually, and better for your hearing as per other posts.

Wearing Beats headphones though seems to fall squarely in the realm of what I8 is complaining about.

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Do you work in a theatre  ?

It seems that way sometimes but no, one of these “trendy” IT offices

For whatever reason the buds dont fit my lugs. Specifically my right ear, it always seems to slip out. Drives me off my tits, so I wear over the ear headphones. 

They're relatively normal size, theyre not the big 'cans', however, I have a pair of these for travel as they are amazing for noise cancelling and they are fantastic for sound quality.

Haters gonna hate and I couldnt give a ****.  

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seeing as it is you Alim. I know you you are no douchebag. 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

It seems that way sometimes but no, one of these “trendy” IT offices

9AD4BED4-DD38-45F2-92AD-5116AE45E5B6.gif

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Over ear headphones are better sound quality usually, and better for your hearing as per other posts.

Wearing Beats headphones though seems to fall squarely in the realm of what I8 is complaining about.

Tbf i got them for nothing from my brother who got a new pair and rather than splash out decided to wear them . 

I probably do look like an utter ***** but then fashion has never been my biggest concern. I couldn't give a flying feck what people think ?

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I’ve got these style of headphones myself, but I’d never wear them around the town. The Beats ones are actually way overrated, don’t handle base very well.

There's a big difference between on ear and over ear headphones, I wear on ear ones due to my ears are incapable of holding onto buds for some reason and more importantly the speaker diaphragm is bigger so you get better sound at the bottom end of the spectrum. 

I'm not a millennial. Though some verses do walk around wearing full over the ear jobs and that is just not needed. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have very expensive Bose headphones and they are brilliant. Mind you I am 61 so never wear them outside. Not because I would look like a prize fud, but because some nyaff may try and half inch them. Then they would have the Jonno DMs in the niagras to deal will.

Buds are shite and hurt my Billy Joe's so don't wear them.

Bose for me too jonno, great headphones.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Are these 'bud' things those wireless white things that just sit in your ears?

The go right into your ear. Don't know how anyone could wear them

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The go right into your ear. Don't know how anyone could wear them

Seen a few people wearing them recently.  Seem to defy gravity.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Find this style the best for out and about. Find that buds can fall out if you run.

00C71057-C378-4106-A9E7-EF38250E117F.jpeg

similar to my ones.  Subtle and practical.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, i8hibsh said:

similar to my ones.  Subtle and practical.

Yup, pretty much why I bought that style too.

I'm actually going to condemn a certain type of big headphone wearer, the type that have a beanie down over their ears and then a set of Beats over it. God work dumbass, £250+ on a pair of headphones and then you listen to them through a layer of wool.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I'm actually going to condemn a certain type of big headphone wearer, the type that have a beanie down over their ears and then a set of Beats over it. God work dumbass, £250+ on a pair of headphones and then you listen to them through a layer of wool.

With a finely trimmed beard and tats all over their arms?

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah probably, although I (and many other) disagree with the definition inn the dictionary - I think they have it wrong.  1983 > is a nonsense.  I don't see someone who is 35 as one.  To me it is 90 >.  Someone not far off being a teenager when 2000 kicked in.

You can't just change the actual definition of something to fit your own agenda :lol:

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:facepalm:

Please, please stop and look in the mirror and observe a douchebag.

Are millennials now competing to see who has the biggest one?  The competition over whose jeans stop the blood circulation the most has obviously now been won.

What a truly desperate generation

Utterly chronic

I'm totally with you on this one.

Do the big headphones replace the shaving foam behind the ear and the piece of toast in the hand, whilst climbing onto the bus, that was a sign of being a ‘very important yuppie’ who had no time in the morning for anything, before dashing out the house to get to the office?

Nothing wrong with a decent set of over-ears - especially if they are noise-cancelling. I spend far too much time on planes so got these, and they are a godsend. I'm biased of course, but I think they look pretty retro and cool. 

pio.jpg

41 minutes ago, trotter said:

Nothing wrong with a decent set of over-ears - especially if they are noise-cancelling. I spend far too much time on planes so got these, and they are a godsend. I'm biased of course, but I think they look pretty retro and cool. 

pio.jpg

Likewise. Got a pair of these mofos for long plane journeys, and a pair of tiny earphones for wearing on the mean streets.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO8fOlDyGQOXkMOY35xMzBr1dFAXyvkAAiq18uKqO4l-tVP9cfcu17FppHEApsS_FkHEeWBfvO0aaDLHv2OsKERYRwD-Fkeb57W9Gnsef5NwhQvEmJzHk2gw&usqp=CAY

To me it is almost like someone walking down the road is making sure that everyone around them knows that they are 'really into their tunes man'

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

With a finely trimmed beard and tats all over their arms?

And these ridiculous jeans ripped at the knees.  Fuddery of the highest order.

Large headphones, ripped jeans, beanies.

Its almost as if this thread is solely populated by middle aged moaners......

Cheer up lads eh, you might even crack a smile once in a while. 

Skinny jeans with no socks and pumps on their feet looked good here. 

36 years ago.

Back then it was kinda original

a.jpg

5 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Large headphones, ripped jeans, beanies.

Its almost as if this thread is solely populated by middle aged moaners......

Cheer up lads eh, you might even crack a smile once in a while. 

How dare you ask me to smile, I feel like I have been raped.

Men are *******s!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

297.png

?

That is basically every thread in the shed these days. 

We need a 'Youngsters These Days" sticky super thread. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic